Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How many wins does Dale have to have to keep his job next year?

Started by fire_hog, December 10, 2005, 12:53:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fire_hog

I think we all agree that these last few days have been the closest HDN has been to losing his job, and that he has finally run out of lives with the administration. Next year will be do or die time. I think the minimum should be 8, but with this neutered bunch on the hill, I say he'll get a pass with 7 and a bowl game.
In a coaching business so full of phonies who talk character only to bend the rules, who consider the definition of discipline a player's weight-room attendance, who wouldn't dare pull something like this because it might hurt recruiting, here's Joe Pa, four decades on the job and not giving a damn. Except about what's right. - Dan Wetzel, Yahoo Sports

PIGG

With a 12 game regular season, 8 sounds fair.  If Dick can flourish under Malzahn, I think we have a great chance in the SEC next year.  If not, however, we're in trouble.  Malzahn wants to teach his QB how to read the defenses better and if Dick can't do that, our passing game might not be much better.  I have faith in the boy though.  He showed great promise last year and I think, had he been given the chance to start all of last season, we would have beaten Vandy, Georgia, and South Carolina.  I know he played SC but that was his first game.  Had he started more prior, SC would have been a win.
Let's drink till we can't feel feelings anymore!
- Peter Griffin

PiggyBack

Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

hogsanity

If we have a healthy QB all year in either Casey or MM or ALex, then I would say 8.  Look at the schedule  3 non conf gimmees and then in the SEC a Vandy without Cutler, the 2 Miss schools.  A bama team, at home, that loses 15 starters.  They SHOULD win those.  Then you only have to beat one of the others SC, TN, LSU or AUb. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Cornhogio

Society is responsible for the night that it produces.

PiggyBack

A real coach would win 10 games next year with out talent and schedule.  Unfortunately, Dale will win 7-8 games and all the huggers will do back flips.

hogsanity

Quote from: PiggyBack on December 12, 2005, 03:28:53 pm
A real coach would win 10 games next year with out talent and schedule. Unfortunately, Dale will win 7-8 games and all the huggers will do back flips.

10?  Care to say why they SHOULD win 10?  12 game sched and 0one of those is USC, with or without Matt and Reggie, they still have more weapons, MANY MORE.  so there is one loss.   
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

kremlinhog

doesnt really matter because hdn
has never been held accountable for his sorry coaching and his moronic statements. doesnt really matter, we are a joke of a football school, he
has already done the damage

hogsanity

LSUFan

I'm with PiggyBack, he could lose all of the games and be caught in bed with a live boy and a dead woman, and they still would not fire him.

fullfan

Quote from: PiggyBack on December 12, 2005, 03:28:53 pm
A real coach would win 10 games next year with out talent and schedule. Unfortunately, Dale will win 7-8 games and all the huggers will do back flips.

How many 10 win teams were there in the SEC West this year?  Not sure that is realistic...

Jim Harris

It doesn't matter how many wins. He keeps his job regardless. As long as Broyles is AD, Nutt is in.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

SultanofSwine

Why is 10 unreasonable? Why should we set our expectations lower? That mentality is exactly why were in the mess we are in and ya'll are too freakin blind to see it.

If a coach is bad enough that folks talk about how many he needs to win to save his job, he is not worth keeping in the first place. WHY THE HELL IS THAT LOST ON YA'LL?

EastexHawg

I agree.  Nothing can get Nutt fired as long as Jim Lindsey is ramrodding this operation. 

There is no hope of getting a great coach at Arkansas.  Broyles and Lindsey will see to that.  I actually believe they would rather not get Butch Davis than hire him and take the chance that he will win big...and prove them wrong.

As long as Nutt stays in place and no other head coach gets a chance, they can hang onto their lame claim that no other coach could do a better job.

SultanofSwine

Whats the over/under on the number of days after he signs a contract that he uses the big F? Can I get some action on 2?

HawgLover08

Nutt needs 7 to keep his job in my opinon.  However, in FB mind it doesn't matter what the record is.

PAHog

I want a winning SEC record and 2nd is the West.  I hope an OC does for Arkansas what it did for Awfulburn.
Darksider Since October 2003...We are victorious!

StoneTemplePiglet

7 wins will be enough to keep his job. Hell, back to back losing seasons didn't get rid of him. Why should 7 wins? 8 wins will probably get him a raise and 50 year contract extension.

Boner

It should be 8, but 7 will do it.  Even if they win 6, there will be articles written to try and save his job.

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: fire_hog on December 10, 2005, 12:53:59 pm
I think we all agree that these last few days have been the closest HDN has been to losing his job, and that he has finally run out of lives with the administration. Next year will be do or die time. I think the minimum should be 8, but with this neutered bunch on the hill, I say he'll get a pass with 7 and a bowl game.

Evidently the answer is 0

pikehog

Anything less than playing for the SEC Championship should get him fired.

He is a hack and can't coach.

He hired Gus simply to try and save Mitch. Who would be better off going to ND or TN, otherwise HDN will throw him under the bus like everyone else.........

I want Mitch to stay but everyone knows his best chance for success lays elsewhere.

PiggyBack

I would just like to finish the season ranked in the top 25.......too much to ask?

Flatfoot

Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

jamie72921

1 should do it.  As a matter of fact, I believe that we should extend him another 3 years because of this coordinator cloud that has been hanging around the last 8 seasons.
Bless your heart