Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clowney, All Things

Started by Amityvillehogger, January 18, 2011, 04:06:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

4.47 40 at combine

... among the fastest by a defensive lineman at the combine in the last 10 years. It was also faster than 56 running backs and receivers at the combine on Sunday.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/93727/clowney-turns-in-freakish-40-time  (Chris Low)
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: jbcarol on February 24, 2014, 12:06:21 pm
4.47 40 at combine

... among the fastest by a defensive lineman at the combine in the last 10 years. It was also faster than 56 running backs and receivers at the combine on Sunday.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/93727/clowney-turns-in-freakish-40-time  (Chris Low)

Official was 4.53 I believe.

Still very fast for his size though.

Biggest thing as has already been mentioned is his work ethic. Seems to be a lot of concern about that.

Guess we'll see when he gets in the league. 
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

Hogsmo Kramer

Also on another note I forgot what a freak Matt Jones was.

Freaking 6'6 237lb., a 4.37 40 time, and an almost 40 inch vertical at the combine.

Unreal.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

jbcarol

Ford got the term "blind dog in a meat market" from former Auburn defensive coordinator Brian VanGorder (and his stache)...

QuoteClowney: "I just told him, 'we'll see what happens when we get to the next level.' I told him, I said, 'what did you do to prove you felt like you were better than me?'"

"I told him, he ain't out here doing none of these drills.  For him to say something like that. ... I just feel like he's trying to build his stock up or something. It doesn't bother me, but I told him, 'I'm still better than you."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Dee Ford ‏@dee_ford_ ·21h
A gift will only take u so far. U have to have heart to be a champion

Less than 24 hours after declaring himself "better" than expected top draft pick Jadeveon Clowney, Auburn's Dee Ford:  "So I had the medical exclusion. It's very unfortunate. I'm very disappointed..."

jadeveon clowney 7Verified account ‏@clownejd ·Feb 24 
I did it again lol

Clowney Outruns Every QB But RGIII
Washington Redskins @Redskins

jbcarol

Charles Bloom ‏@CharlesBloomSC ·Feb 25
Jadeveon Clowney finished #Gamecock career avg. 0.67 sacks per game, 3rd highest of active NCAA FBS players in 2013 (min 18 total sacks).

jbcarol

jadeveon clowney 7 ‏@clownejd  Feb 27
What's it really like at the #nflcombine? Find out with @Gillette Deodorant's #PressurePoints. #spon http://on.nfl.com/NCPahX

jbcarol

McShay now has UCF quarterback Blake Bortles going to the Houston Texans with the first pick. In his last mock draft, McShay had Jadeveon Clowney going to the Texans. Now, he has South Carolina's terrorizing defensive end going second to the St. Louis Rams. While Clowney delivered an impressive 40-yard dash time of 4.47 at the combine, he didn't go through all the drills in Indianapolis, causing some eyes to roll.

McShay isn't knocking down Clowney, who is still the top-rated overall player on his draft board, because of the combine. No, Clowney moved down a spot because McShay believes Bortles is the top quarterback on the Texans' board...

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/80304/clowney-drops-in-mcshays-mock-draft-3-0

jbcarol

AL.com sports ‏@aldotcomSports ·8 hrs
#jadeveonclowney: Criticism of work ethic is 'spit in the face,' says he can be a 'game changer' http://tinyurl.com/m236w3o

jbcarol

AL.com sports ‏@aldotcomSports ·15 mins
Jadeveon Clowney shines at South Carolina Pro Day http://ow.ly/vlzQD  #SEC #NFL

jbcarol

ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo ·4h
Jadeveon Clowney's pro day was Wed. Teams actually had more success running at Clowney than running away from him: pic.twitter.com/XQsGr2msFk

jbcarol

Josh Kendall ‏@JoshatTheState ·4h
Jadeveon Clowney immediately started busting Donovan McNabb's chops about Chunky soup. pic.twitter.com/X0xnyAFNTq

jbcarol

Houston Rockets ‏@HoustonRockets  Mar 24
Dwight Howard had a special visitor in the locker room after the game - @clownejd pic.twitter.com/YxV7ILKMqX

jadeveon clowney 7 ‏@clownejd  Mar 26
Tick Tock Tick Tock, take the @Gillette #Wonderlic & you could win a trip to @TeamEXOS. The clock is ticking.

http://youtu.be/7jpEWwecFvw .

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway ‏@gatorhoops ·14h
Anonymous NFL exec calls Jadeveon Clowney 'spoiled' and 'lazy' http://cbsprt.co/1klnzxJ  via @cbssports

Would know.

jbcarol

jbcarol

SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter  Apr 17
Jadeveon Clowney tops @MelKiperESPN's latest mock Draft. "He's a once every 15 to 20 year guy." » pic.twitter.com/f9nzpbbvrP

jbcarol

Merril Hoge appeared on SportsCenter earlier this week and called Clowney an "atrocious" football player.

"You look at him as a fundamental football player when you talk about feet, hip and hands, like we watch Khlail Mack, he's actually atrocious," Hoge said. "Clowney as a football player is not very good. Amazing athlete. Don't get confused by being an athlete and being a good football player. Not a very good football player."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24536860/merril-hoge-jadeveon-clowney-is-an-atrocious-football-player

jbcarol

Mel, Jr. on Clowney: He's the number one pick, whether it is the Texans or some other...

Pistol Pete

April 27, 2014, 10:14:22 am #719 Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 02:52:16 pm by Pistol Pete
Johnny Football is the number 22 pick... book it!!!
OK, fixed it myself.
I would make another bold prediction, but I'm too embarrassed... I'll cut my losses here

:) ;) :D ;D >:( :(

Book it!!!

jbcarol

Josh Kendall ‏@JoshatTheState May 1
Mayock on Clowney: "I'd like to see is a little more of an edge about him. When he was (mad) against Tennessee because their last tackle was chirping last year, he killed Tennessee's entire offensive line."

Damon Amendolara ‏@DAonCBS 11h
How legit are the concerns about Clowney's work ethic? Is he ready for the scrutiny of being #1? Josh Kendall (@JoshatTheState) NEXT.

Matt Catagnus ‏@MCatagnusCSN 11h
@DAonCBS @JoshatTheState ... People in Houston are crazy for Clowney. I think he's too impressive to pass up on

Matt Catagnus ‏@MCatagnusCSN 6h
@JoshatTheState just from the vibes I get from coworkers in the know/people around the city, theres no way they pass on him and go elsewhere

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on April 20, 2014, 07:07:05 pm
SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter  Apr 17
Jadeveon Clowney tops @MelKiperESPN's latest mock Draft. "He's a once every 15 to 20 year guy." » pic.twitter.com/f9nzpbbvrP

urkillnmesmalls

That pursed lip look that Kiper gives after his statements makes me want to punch his chicklets out.  I cannot STAND that guy, and I'm a very  tolerant person.  He got crossways with Gruden a few times last night, and you could almost start to see Gruden fuming and about to give him a piece of his mind.   
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Chic-Hog-Oh

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on May 09, 2014, 10:49:10 am
That pursed lip look that Kiper gives after his statements makes me want to punch his chicklets out.  I cannot STAND that guy, and I'm a very  tolerant person.  He got crossways with Gruden a few times last night, and you could almost start to see Gruden fuming and about to give him a piece of his mind.   
Agree 100%.

But could be part of his "schtick"?

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Chic-Hog-Oh on May 09, 2014, 12:47:01 pm
Agree 100%.

But could be part of his "schtick"?

Dunno...but that slicked back Eddie Munster hair and his facial expressions almost make it un-watchable for me.  I LOVED it every time he was wrong about something.  In the part I watched...Ray Lewis was more accurate than he was!!   ;D   
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

southeasthog

Pistol Pete

Quote from: Pistol Pete on April 27, 2014, 10:14:22 am
Johnny Football is the number 22 pick... book it!!!
OK, fixed it myself.
I would make another bold prediction, but I'm too embarrassed... I'll cut my losses here

:) ;) :D ;D >:( :(

Book it!!!

Fifm

Chic-Hog-Oh

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on May 09, 2014, 08:26:41 pm
Dunno...but that slicked back Eddie Munster hair and his facial expressions almost make it un-watchable for me.  I LOVED it every time he was wrong about something.  In the part I watched...Ray Lewis was more accurate than he was!!   ;D   
Yes, it was fun when Ray was right and Kiper was wrong.

But Ray -- other than some passionate, here's-what-it-was-like-on-the-field expressions -- offered not-too-much in terms of insight....

PorkRinds

Man. With clowney and watt on the ends and Nix from ND in the middle,the texans d-line is gonna be salty!

Pistol Pete

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 10, 2014, 10:40:17 pm
Man. With clowney and watt on the ends and Nix from ND in the middle,the texans d-line is gonna be salty!
As long as they let him through the line unblocked, he'll make another highlight clip! ;)

Steef

I'm impressed with his ability.  But his work ethic could use some improvement.

Pistol Pete

Quote from: steefhog on May 11, 2014, 09:29:47 am
I'm impressed with his ability.  But his work ethic could use some improvement.

Ditto

jbcarol

jadeveon clowney 7 ‏@clownejd May 14

See what my road to being #1 at the #NFLDraft was really like.Tune-in to @Gillette Deodorant's #PressurePoints. http://on.nfl.com/1jgkdxh  #spon

jbcarol

The Texans signed Jadeveon Clowney to a four-year contract with a fifth-year option reported to total worth $22.27 million.

jbcarol

Bruce Feldman @BruceFeldmanCFB  ·  12h
Watch this. It's not just Clowney's 1st step that's so ridiculous. It's his 1st 4 steps. RT @jasonrmcintyre http://shar.es/1nZI8G

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

jbcarol

The father of former South Carolina star Jadeveon Clowney has been charged with attempted murder after an incident in Rock Hill, S.C., early Tuesday.

Rock Hill police say David "Chilli Bean" Morgan exchanged gunfire with 30-year-old Braxton Homesley, an employee of the Crazy Horse nightclub. According to the police incident report, Morgan was removed from the bar shortly before 2:15 a.m. after sitting on the stage.

QuoteHomesley told police he later saw Morgan standing by a wall outside the Crazy Horse before Morgan crouched and began firing at him. Police say Homesley returned fire, apparently striking Morgan at least once.

Morgan, 45, was arrested a short time later after being treated for a gunshot wound to his shoulder at a local hospital. He is charged with attempted murder and possession of a weapon during a violent crime, and remains jailed awaiting a bond hearing on Tuesday afternoon.

Tuesday's incident was not Morgan's first brush with the law. According to a 2013 New York Times profile of Clowney, Morgan spent more than a decade in prison after being convicted of robbing a check-cashing store in 1995...

jbcarol

jbcarol

Quote from: hogfan064 on January 19, 2011, 07:20:32 am
His dad played at South Carolina and his half brother also named Gerald Dixon will be at USC.

Was that Gerald Dixon, Jr. or Gerald Dixon?

jbcarol

Counting down the most iconic SEC plays of the past decade: Nos. 1-5

Quote2. Jadeveon Clowney's hit vs. Michigan, 2013: This play was on heavy rotation in the 2013 offseason. Unless you were a South Carolina or Michigan fan, it might be difficult to recall the result of the 2013 Outback Bowl (the Gamecocks won 33-28) but Clowney's vicious hit on Michigan running back Vincent Smith became synonymous with that game and with Clowney. The replay of the hit -- in which Clowney bursts through the line of scrimmage, pummels Smith, knocks his helmet off and picks up a fumble with one hand --

jbcarol

Dan Wolken Verified account
‏@DanWolken

Hadn't seen anyone else mention this but Spurrier admitted that Clowney was handled differently because of what he had at stake financially

Also mentioned that he went 11-2 each of Clowney's 3 seasons. Said he showed up to play some games, not others.

He is reported to have put a boot on his foot after most games and take off before kickoff for the next one during his sophomore and junior seasons.

jbcarol

DOGALUM

A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

jbcarol

jbcarol

SEC Football News@SECfootball
·
8m
Reports: 4 teams pursuing Jadeveon Clowney ahead of Week 1 of NFL season

Clowney is expected to sign ahead of Week 1.

9:38 AM · Sep 5, 2020·

Quote"I just spoke to a source close to Clowney and he's currently weighting two sizable offers from both Saints and the Titans," ESPN NFL insider Jeremy Fowler said Saturday on 'SportsCenter,' per 247Sports. "Both have made serious pushes. I'm told not to discount the Baltimore Ravens..."

Quote the Ravens: "Nevermore"

SeldomHere

Quote from: jbcarol on September 05, 2020, 08:50:16 am
·
8m

Lanny should give you a big fat ole raise!!!
All losing fan bases are the same. Insufferable to each other.
All winning fan bases are the same. Insufferable to everyone else.

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on September 05, 2020, 08:50:16 am
·
8m

NFL wouldn't approve team's sign-and-trade plan to acquire Jadeveon Clowney

QuoteThe Rap Sheet: Saints tried compete with Tennessee's deal for $12 million (plus $3 million in incentives) by finding a sign-and-trade partner that could take the salary cap hit. The report refers to a "Team X"...

Sides discussed parameters of a deal in which Team X would've signed Clowney to a one-year, $15 million contract and paid him a $5 million signing bonus. Then, Team X would've immediately traded Clowney to the Saints, who would've sent Team X a second-round draft pick, as well as a player to take additional salary off New Orleans' books. The Saints would've paid Clowney's remaining $10 million salary.

Just one problem: The teams got word late Saturday the NFL was unlikely to approve such a deal.

Clowney's personal chef shared a photo with New Orleans coach Sean Payton on Saturday.

jbcarol

QuoteComing off the most disappointing season of his career, Jadeveon Clowney is looking forward to a big bounce-back season in Cleveland.

The chances of that happening appear to be far more than simple wishful thinking, too, as Clowney projects to play opposite of Myles Garrett

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet

From NFL Now: The #Browns signed free agent pass-rusher Jadeveon Clowney, finally, landing a target of the past few offseasons and giving him a 1-year deal worth up to $10M.

Jake Trotter@Jake_Trotter

Clowney, on playing with Myles Garrett: "I'm looking forward to playing with somebody dominant on the opposite side. ... Maybe I can go 1-on-1 more."