Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Damien Williams

Started by razorengineer, December 09, 2005, 10:45:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

razorengineer

Ok..ok... rumor this... rumor that... I am sorry to get this started, but a couple of days ago some friends of mine overheard Damien Williams' dad respond to the question "any chace we can get him on board?" His father's response was somewhere along the lines of... Damien will be going to the pros, therefore he will NOT be going to Arkansas. I'm sure that there will be a little more hope with GM on board, but things looked pretty dim a couple of days ago. 

DisplacedHogFan

Quote from: razorengineer on December 09, 2005, 10:45:08 am
Ok..ok... rumor this... rumor that... I am sorry to get this started, but a couple of days ago some friends of mine overheard Damien Williams' dad respond to the question "any chace we can get him on board?" His father's response was somewhere along the lines of... Damien will be going to the pros, therefore he will NOT be going to Arkansas. I'm sure that there will be a little more hope with GM on board, but things looked pretty dim a couple of days ago. 

Yep, Urban Meyer sure increased Chris Leak's draft stock, lemme tell ya!

Madgun

Quote from: DisplacedHogFan on December 09, 2005, 10:47:18 am

.....but Nutt has made Monk a lock, right?

slaughts3

if damian williams or his dad choose florida over arkansas because florida will give damain the ball more often, and because arkansas doesnt throw the ball, then we dont need him.  I would much rathen have a 3 star receiver that is team oriented than a 4 star recruit that pulls a T.O.  If this is true than were better off w/o him.

DisplacedHogFan

Quote from: Madgun on December 09, 2005, 10:49:37 am

Are you trying to say Monk had the skills to be a NFL receiver? He's a GOOD college receiver, not great, and he most likely won't play on Sundays. My opinion of course, and would love for him to prove me wrong...

CiriusPorker

Quote from: slaughts3 on December 09, 2005, 10:53:52 am
if damian williams or his dad choose florida over arkansas because florida will give damain the ball more often, and because arkansas doesnt throw the ball, then we dont need him. I would much rathen have a 3 star receiver that is team oriented than a 4 star recruit that pulls a T.O. If this is true than were better off w/o him.

I think Damian is team-oriented...if you listen to his interviews about springdale, he's pretty humble actually.  I think he also has to think of the long-run career.  He dreams of being in the NFL, obviously, you can't fault him for wanting to make that road straighter...

LL COOL HOG

DAMIAN HAS TO WAIT TWO YEARS TO PLAY PRO

Madgun

Quote from: DisplacedHogFan on December 09, 2005, 10:53:55 am
Quote from: Madgun on December 09, 2005, 10:49:37 am

Are you trying to say Monk had the skills to be a NFL receiver? He's a GOOD college receiver, not great, and he most likely won't play on Sundays. My opinion of course, and would love for him to prove me wrong...

No, but he's our highest-profile receiver.  I was just arguing with you because you were implying that Meyer wasn't helping Leak's stock & Nutt hasn't done much in the way of developing receivers--unless you count the one who played QB for 4 years.

Buck Ocean

QuoteYep, Urban Meyer sure increased Chris Leak's draft stock, lemme tell ya!

Kudos!
Think like a Jedi

Jim Harris

I didn't know the pros were unable to take any players from Arkansas. interesting response. Typical, too.

Last I looked, whether he's even playing for UAPB, if he's good enough for the pros, he's going to pros.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

DisplacedHogFan

Quote from: drakehog on December 09, 2005, 11:01:23 am

I didn't know the pros were unable to take any players from Arkansas. interesting response. Typical, too.

Last I looked, whether he's even playing for UAPB, if he's good enough for the pros, he's going to pros.

Exactly.

lumphog

Some one on the BUZZ just called in and said that Gus met with the team [SD] and that Gus will announce his joining the AR staff and he`s bringing Mitch & Damiam with him.

DisplacedHogFan

Quote from: lumphog on December 09, 2005, 11:06:26 am
Some one on the BUZZ just called in and said that Gus met with the team [SD] and that Gus will announce his joining the AR staff and he`s bringing Mitch & Damiam with him.

Well...first of all that sure sounds super. Second of all, it ain't gonna happen. Once he's a coach for the Hogs he can't comment on stuff like that...

panichog

Quote from: DisplacedHogFan on December 09, 2005, 11:02:39 am
Quote from: drakehog on December 09, 2005, 11:01:23 am

Exactly.

That and if I remember correctly from the media guide and other sources, hasn't Arkansas been highly competetive in putting NFL draft picks into the mix.  I think from 2002 on we have put a good number of prospects into the draft.  Now whether or not they have kept up to their promise that's not my worry nor our problem.  We haven't developed any receivers in quite some time but there's obviously a new system going into place that Damien of all folks would be comfortable with.  I think Damien chose Florida for their history of putting receivers into the NFL so his choice makes sense.  It should just go to teach a lesson to AR coaches about our in state talent but just as Damien chose to go elsewhere, I'm sure we take people from other states also.  I have always thought that Damien was a lock to Florida and if a guy chooses to do the GATOR CHOMP at the state championship game then let him go. 

Don't Panic
Panic

Calvin N Hawgs

if damian williams or his dad choose florida over arkansas because florida will give damain the ball more often, and because arkansas doesnt throw the ball, then we dont need him.  I would much rathen have a 3 star receiver that is team oriented than a 4 star recruit that pulls a T.O.  If this is true than were better off w/o him.

That makes it sound like if he signs with the Hogs he's a "team player"...if he signs with ANYBODY ELSE...he's a "T.O." type.  Maybe that's not what you meant?

DukeOfPork

Just stop it.

Damian Williams is a lock for Florida.  Stop talking about him.  He is not coming here.  It can't be any more obvious that Arkansas is not an option to him.

Madgun

if damian williams or his dad choose florida over arkansas because florida will give damain the ball more often, and because arkansas doesnt throw the ball, then we dont need him. I would much rathen have a 3 star receiver that is team oriented than a 4 star recruit that pulls a T.O. If this is true than were better off w/o him.

This is an unsubstantiated rumor.  Let's be careful putting words in people's mouths.  I would assume that if Damien announces today that he's changing his mind and coming to the U of A all will be forgiven. 

If he tells Meyer that he's changing his commitment to the U of A because he feels that he can play immediately, would that be OK?  Wouldn't be much different, would it?

DisplacedHogFan

Quote from: PorkPariah on December 09, 2005, 11:11:44 am

Just stop it.

Damian Williams is a lock for Florida.  Stop talking about him.  He is not coming here.  It can't be any more obvious that Arkansas is not an option to him.

Florida runs the spread. Arkansas now runs the spread. Please enlighten me as to why he wouldn't at least look at us now?? Just curious...not saying you are wrong.

slaughts3

Quote from: Calvin N Hawgs on December 09, 2005, 11:09:55 am

That makes it sound like if he signs with the Hogs he's a "team player"...if he signs with ANYBODY ELSE...he's a "T.O." type. Maybe that's not what you meant?

no i ment that if he and his dad choose a college because he wants the ball all the time instead of academics, facilities, coaching staff, etc, then he doesnt sound team oriented.  I have never met the kid so i cant say with any certainity that he is not team oriented.  Also i not pinning it on florida.  He might have loved the florida facilities, and meyer seems like a likable guy.  I dont know

slaughts3

Quote from: Madgun on December 09, 2005, 11:12:55 am

This is an unsubstantiated rumor. Let's be careful putting words in people's mouths. I would assume that if Damien announces today that he's changing his mind and coming to the U of A all will be forgiven.

If he tells Meyer that he's changing his commitment to the U of A because he feels that he can play immediately, would that be OK? Wouldn't be much different, would it?

no it would not be forgivin, I still would suspect that.  Quite honestly i say let the kid go,  He is really good, but i think he is overrated in this chat room.  There are plenty of other receivers out there.  Dont get me wrong i would not tell him no he couldnt come, but i hope he is team oriented. 

hawgbawb

Quote from: DisplacedHogFan on December 09, 2005, 11:14:36 am

Just stop it.

Florida runs the spread. Arkansas now runs the spread. Please enlighten me as to why he wouldn't at least look at us now?? Just curious...not saying you are wrong.

It sounds to me like his father is calling the shots. If that's so, maybe he wants to get awy from his father, and Florida will do that for him.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

lumphog

Just stop it.

I`m just tellin what was said on the frickin radio & they just said it was OFFICIAL, confirmed.

bigcountry27

I think Monk will get a chance in the pros.

Madgun

Quote from: hawgbawb on December 09, 2005, 11:21:39 am
Quote from: DisplacedHogFan on December 09, 2005, 11:14:36 am

Just stop it.

Damian Williams is a lock for Florida. Stop talking about him. He is not coming here. It can't be any more obvious that Arkansas is not an option to him.

It sounds to me like his father is calling the shots. If that's so, maybe he wants to get awy from his father, and Florida will do that for him.

No one knows that his father said any of this.  It is an unsubstantiated rumor. 

Tomhog™

I don't think Gus would come out and say, I'm bringin' Mitch and Damien with me.  Else, we would be in another dreary cloud that would let Nutt hang around a while longer...