Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jermauria Rasco? Does anyone have (LSU)

Started by mckinneyhog5, January 04, 2011, 05:28:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mckinneyhog5

an update on where he is leaning/going.  I would love to land this guy.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Oklahawg

Arkansas is a definite option.

Word has it that he is looking seriously at TCU.

There are issues more important than simply football. To Rasco, for sure.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

hogwild210

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 04, 2011, 06:20:35 pm
Arkansas is a definite option.

Word has it that he is looking seriously at TCU.

There are issues more important than simply football. To Rasco, for sure.

TCU? Interesting.
Quote from: Steef on May 26, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
Still, one can never go wrong with excrement at a time like this.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: hogwild210 on January 04, 2011, 06:31:44 pm
TCU? Interesting.

TCU=Texas Christian University. I believe he attends Evangel in Shreveport.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

hogwild210

Quote from: tusksincolorado on January 04, 2011, 06:40:55 pm
TCU=Texas Christian University. I believe he attends Evangel in Shreveport.

I live 20 minutes from TCU, I'm quite familiar with it ;)

Oklahawg

There are better sources on Rasco than myself. Maybe they'll be online tonight :)
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

mckinneyhog5

Thanks for the updates, we REALLY need to get this guy.  Nice to know he will take a visit to the Hill.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Jamie Jones

I doubt that he commits to anyone who doesn't offer a certain safety. And at the moment, TCU is the only one who has offered both. His schools of choice, FSU, TCU, and Arkansas have coaches that his mother trust with him. He is coming for a visit, and that is a positive. But his knowing that there is someone close, who he can confide in and that he has known most of his life, well....  He will undoubtedly go on to the NFL. He has that type of talent. But he can get there from any college campus. The college experience, will be shared with his best friend. IMO.
I'm a Hog fan. I never chant S-E-C! I hate all the other members.

Steef

mmhogs17

Jamie Jones

Quote from: mmhogs17 on January 05, 2011, 08:13:21 pm
Who is the safety?
Diante McDuffy. Not your typical long body that most like at safety. Not quite quick enough to play corner. But a LEADER in the locker room and brings the pain when he hits you. If he were 6'1" insead of 5'9", he'd be on EVERYONE'S wish list. TCU sees him as a special teams beast. He is a difference maker. Strong-Strong-Strong! But the biggest difference he makes right now is Rasco thinks of him as a brother. That is something that means more to Rasco. You can you tube Diante's videos because I'm too lazy to link them.

mmhogs17

Quote from: jhawg2009 on January 05, 2011, 08:25:01 pm
Diante McDuffy. Not your typical long body that most like at safety. Not quite quick enough to play corner. But a LEADER in the locker room and brings the pain when he hits you. If he were 6'1" insead of 5'9", he'd be on EVERYONE'S wish list. TCU sees him as a special teams beast. He is a difference maker. Strong-Strong-Strong! But the biggest difference he makes right now is Rasco thinks of him as a brother. That is something that means more to Rasco. You can you tube Diante's videos because I'm too lazy to link them.

His Rivals page shows Arkansas has interest.

kclvr

How many kids can we take this year. Can we afford a 2 for 1 deal

Steef

Quote from: kclvr on January 05, 2011, 08:36:48 pm
How many kids can we take this year. Can we afford a 2 for 1 deal

If Rasco can do for us, what Heyward does for the Bucks?

Greenhog

Quote from: jhawg2009 on January 05, 2011, 08:25:01 pm

I can't believe he doesn't have more offers right now! He looks really good on his video, and he reminds me of Jerico Nelson. I would love to see Arkansas offer this kid! If Arkansas was to offer, do you think Jermauria would favor the Razorbacks??

WyomingTiger8888

Quote from: jhawg2009 on January 05, 2011, 07:56:04 pm
I doubt that he commits to anyone who doesn't offer a certain safety. And at the moment, TCU is the only one who has offered both. His schools of choice, FSU, TCU, and Arkansas have coaches that his mother trust with him. He is coming for a visit, and that is a positive. But his knowing that there is someone close, who he can confide in and that he has known most of his life, well....  He will undoubtedly go on to the NFL. He has that type of talent. But he can get there from any college campus. The college experience, will be shared with his best friend. IMO.

JD, I see you didnt include LSU, so are you saying LSU is out of it?

Hog5Life

We should offer this Mcduffy he looks like he could be another Jericho Nelson.....

mmhogs17

Quote from: lsu8888 on January 05, 2011, 10:49:03 pm
JD, I see you didnt include LSU, so are you saying LSU is out of it?

I think he is saying LSU didn't really win over his mom, and that is a big thing. Could be wrong though

AnthroHog

Here's Dionte McDuffy's profile and highlight tape:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/arkansas/football/recruiting/player-Dionte-McDuffy-105894

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWd4TmNEenI

Found this on Tiger Droppings:
Quotenot very surprising if it's Dionte McDuffee. Rasco is the more talented guy, but McDuffee is the best "football player" in the game whenever he's on the field. I'm not sure why he's not more heavily recruited--he's an absolute stud.

Oh yeah, he goes both ways. TB and FS. And special teams

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/messagetopic.asp?p=23247499&pg=2

There's a short interview with him on this page, click on the number 3 for Athlete of the Week videos:
http://www.ksla.com/Global/category.asp?C=139314

Mr. Barnett (rbarnet424)

PanamaHOG
Representing the Razorbacks down in PTY

tusksincolorado

Quote from: hogwild210 on January 04, 2011, 06:45:03 pm
I live 20 minutes from TCU, I'm quite familiar with it ;)

Oh, sorry. I didn't see you down there.  ; )
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Tammany Tom

Quote from: mmhogs17 on January 05, 2011, 11:19:45 pm
I think he is saying LSU didn't really win over his mom, and that is a big thing. Could be wrong though

Not true, he has a great relationship with the LSU staff, especially DL coach Brick Haley.

BTW, people in Tallahassee feel very, very confident about getting Rasco.

We have some people that feel confident about getting him, but I'm not sold yet.

Personally, I think it's a FSU - LSU battle all the way with FSU the favorite right now.

The_Boot_stops_here

this might be the first time ive felt that we actually have a source with better info on a Louisiana HS football player than Tammany...jhawg says we have a legit shot so im running with that for now

WyomingTiger8888

No clear leader on Rasco.

Florida State is in it, but the fact they signed JUCO DE Cornelius Caradine and have commits from HS DE's Aaron Lynch and Giorgio Newberry and are at 22 commits (including JUCOs) they are tight as well. And they still have Rasco, O'Leary, Crowell, Steward, Rome, Jernigan and Gosha still on their board also.

Ar gets a visit but in the end, i dont see him signing with the hogs.

I think LSU is in a very good position, and I think Brick Haley has done a very good job of recruiting Rasco and Momma. Also, Coach Dawson and LSU have been on Rasco for years.

LSU has no DEs in this class right now, along with playing time and winning, which all is very important to Rasco.

Time will tell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kclvr

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 06, 2011, 06:17:42 pm
this might be the first time ive felt that we actually have a source with better info on a Louisiana HS football player than Tammany...jhawg says we have a legit shot so im running with that for now

I like this, as most posters on this site you go with what sounds best to your ears at the time. If jhawg said we had no shot he would be mudd.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: kclvr on January 06, 2011, 06:46:37 pm
I like this, as most posters on this site you go with what sounds best to your ears at the time. If jhawg said we had no shot he would be mudd.

so you obviously arent aware of jhawg's relationship with Rasco...if you were, you would understand why i take his opinion seriously...im not saying Rasco will end up here (in fact, its prob not likely) but we do have a shot...so basically what im saying is the attitude is unwarranted

kclvr

I don't know jhawg from you but I do have a best friend whose brother played at LSU until 2009 and he has personally talked to Rasco several times and LSU is in the hunt as well as TCU and FL State. AR has been mentioned as well but are not no were near the top.  We all ways preach to our in state kids to stay home and he said he is getting this same talk from LA folks. For what it is worth LSU also can sell DL players to the NFL.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: kclvr on January 06, 2011, 07:18:46 pm
I don't know jhawg from you but I do have a best friend whose brother played at LSU until 2009 and he has personally talked to Rasco several times and LSU is in the hunt as well as TCU and FL State. AR has been mentioned as well but are not no were near the top.  We all ways preach to our in state kids to stay home and he said he is getting this same talk from LA folks. For what it is worth LSU also can sell DL players to the NFL.

interesting

kclvr

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 06, 2011, 07:27:12 pm
interesting

I forgot to second what jhawg said about a certain safety he is more than likely going to be in the mix and TCU has been known to take several kids from LA of which only a few remain on there roster. Also TCU is actually closer to them than LSU is for what that is worth which may be alot!!!

Tammany Tom

Quote from: kclvr on January 06, 2011, 07:18:46 pm

You are closer to what is really happening than most on here, however I'm not hearing TCU at all. The only schools I'm hearing concerning Rasco are LSU, Florida State, Arkansas, Florida, and Bama.

Florida is now in the mix because of Muschamp, who has been recruiting Rasco hard for 2 years now. However, I don't think UF is really in it. Bama is a long-shot. That leaves LSU, FSU, and Arkansas.

Arkansas has a lot of ground to make up to beat out LSU and FSU.

My money is still on LSU and FSU and while I said FSU is favored, I still wouldn't bet against LSU in the end.

Jamie Jones

Quote from: Tammany Tom on January 06, 2011, 08:22:17 pm
You are closer to what is really happening than most on here, however I'm not hearing TCU at all. The only schools I'm hearing concerning Rasco are LSU, Florida State, Arkansas, Florida, and Bama.

Florida is now in the mix because of Muschamp, who has been recruiting Rasco hard for 2 years now. However, I don't think UF is really in it. Bama is a long-shot. That leaves LSU, FSU, and Arkansas.

Arkansas has a lot of ground to make up to beat out LSU and FSU.

My money is still on LSU and FSU and while I said FSU is favored, I still wouldn't bet against LSU in the end.
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

WyomingTiger8888

January 06, 2011, 10:13:17 pm #31 Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 10:18:11 pm by lsu8888
This from an interview from the AA game today.

RE: Rasco Update   SheaDixon wrote: LSU Scout

Just spoke with Kevin Flaherty (Texas site publisher) and he spent about a half hour with Rasco tonight in San Antonio. Here's the gist of the convo..

LSU was brought up as the first team when he asked who was still in the mix. He said that Odell Beckham and Kenny Hilliard have both been in his ear all week.

When Will Muschamp left the Texas DC post and went to Florida, Rasco tossed Texas out of the mix. According to Harvey, most of the Texas side felt it would come down to LSU and Texas in the end (before that). I felt the same way, and I know many here did too.

His new top five was (mentioned in this order) LSU, Arkansas, Alabama, Florida, Florida State.

Now that former Alabama coach Bo Davis has been hired at Texas, the Longhorns are back in the mix, because Rasco has the relationship with Davis from recruiting him to Tuscaloosa. Rasco said that the Longhorns will be considered, and with the recent staff changes he's going to go home after the game this weekend and talk with his mother, and from there they will reevaluate everything.

As for the FSU talk this week, I am not sure what to think. Kevin tells me Rasco mentioned little about the Seminoles.

My money is on LSU

I agree. The impression that I got was that LSU is the leader. I do, however, think the Bo Davis hire could make things interesting. Most people felt it was a Texas-LSU battle when Muschamp was in Austin, but the Longhorns were eliminated when he left. Now, it looks like they're at the least back in the hunt.

Considering it was going to be a close fight before, it might be tight again. But in the end, I would expect Rasco to don the purple and gold (he says he'll pick his school on Signing Day). And he'll do well in Baton Rouge. He's had a huge week this week at the U.S. Army All-America Bowl practices.
Come talk Texas Sports in Horns House.

Kevin Flaherty, LonghornDigest Publisher
+ Moderation History

Bottom line is the hogs are not in it as much as JD leads on. It's not 50/50 like you have mentioned before. Hope you have a good nights rest. JMO

hogwild210

Thanks for posting the article, that was a good read.