Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ok, so now what happens with Mike Markuson?

Started by Hogeye_Pierce, December 09, 2005, 10:23:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogeye_Pierce

December 09, 2005, 10:23:00 am Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 10:37:29 am by Hogeye_Pierce
 Is he history since Gus is apparently on board? Can they coexist?

Another hot rumor has it that Mitch actually DOESN'T LIKE Gus and is looking to get away from him.

Thoughts? ???
Cry HAVOC and let slip the Hogs of war!

whatsshakinbacon

the band is warming up....here goes....

Happy trails.....to you
until we meet again.

Happy trails.............

Bacon out...

Swino

HogISH™

Quote from: Hogeye_Pierce on December 09, 2005, 10:23:00 am
Is he history since Gus is apparently on board? Can they coexist?

Another hot rumor has it that Mitch actually DOESN'T LIKE Gus and is looking to get away from him.

Thoughts/ ???

stupid ass post!!!!

this is how this type of crap get's started.

HogISH
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER   TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -|
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

Hogville Trash Can Moderator - my theme song:

Isn't it rich, isn't it queer
Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: Swino on December 09, 2005, 10:25:09 am
Markuson stays and isn't too happy.

as what?  O line coach?  He'd be miserable with pass blocking forced upon him.

Bacon out...

Boner

Everythign i've heard is that Gus and Mitch are tight.  I think that's people just trying to start something.

As for Marksuon, all the pro-Nutt folks tell me Nutt will never let him go.

Its kind of a catch 22.  If he gets fired, Nutt is here to stay.  Nutt wouldn't fire him and then run off to another job.

proffitthog

Hogeye_Pierce

Quote from: HogISH on December 09, 2005, 10:25:49 am
Quote from: Hogeye_Pierce on December 09, 2005, 10:23:00 am

Thoughts/ ???

stupid ass post!!!!

this is how this type of crap get's started.

HogISH

I agree. I think it's stupid too, but that IS a rumor floating around now. Just thought I'd throw it out to see what other people thought. I don't believe it.

brooks74

Why wouldn't Mitch like Gus?  MM had the talent and Gus put him in a great situation to become a great HS qb.  MM ought to be his biggest fan!

Madgun

If you were Mitch & you wanted to play in the NFL, would you choose Gus as your coach for the next few years or Weis?  If Mitch is looking out for his own best interests, then he'll probably make a decision that most won't like.  I'm not sure that it would be about "friendship", but rather what is right thing to do.

brooks74

Quote from: Madgun on December 09, 2005, 10:35:23 am
If you were Mitch & you wanted to play in the NFL, would you choose Gus as your coach for the next few years or Weis?  If Mitch is looking out for his own best interests, then he'll probably make a decision that most won't like. I'm not sure that it would be about "friendship", but rather what is right thing to do.
I agree, except if he has faith in Gus as a coach, and Gus already knows him and they work well together, maybe he chooses to come and be a part of what we all hope is a huge turnaround for the Hogs, and be a hero in your home state, and then gets his shot at the NFL.  I truly believe that if a guy is good enough to go the next level, the NFL will find him, and will see the talent.  Look at some of the qb's who are starting now and where they came from.  McNair, Culpepper(I know he's hurt), Hassleback are three that come to mind that didn't come from big prestigious schools. 
That said, if MM goes to ND, I wish him the best, and lets go win with CD and recruit Mallet and Burns hard!

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: Madgun on December 09, 2005, 10:35:23 am
If you were Mitch & you wanted to play in the NFL, would you choose Gus as your coach for the next few years or Weis?  If Mitch is looking out for his own best interests, then he'll probably make a decision that most won't like. I'm not sure that it would be about "friendship", but rather what is right thing to do.

MM is guaranteed to be a starter within a system that will exploit his strengths at U of A.  At ND he will have to compete, wasting one or two years to get to the top, then there's a likelihood that Weiss will be mentioned to go elsewhere (NFL?) every year. 

It is truly a tough call - but the combines when you go to the NFL are what get you the gig, not whether you won a NC or not.

Bacon out...

Madgun

Mitch is the #1 rated QB in the country with dominant teammates at every position but he was not forced to make decisions at the line of scrimmage.  Instead, they used the flash cards and made a lot of decisions for him at the sideline.  He seems to be smart which I would think would qualify him as able to work on that decision-making plus his team was so talented they could have afforded to make some mistakes here and there while going through that development.  If Gus brings this same style to the U of A, then Mitch would be better suited to go to ND.  If not, hey, we might as well learn here.

HogFather

Markuson needs to go.  He and HDN have been jerking off each other for the last 8 years.  He is a culprit of the pitiful play calling.

Doyle Hograves

Will Gus have the authority to fire Markuson? If not, then Gus is nothing more than a puppet. The OC should have full authority on the coaches under him.
***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

Hogeye_Pierce

Does Markuson know how to teach effective pass-blocking schemes? I have my own serious doubts about that.

Madgun

Quote from: Hogeye_Pierce on December 09, 2005, 11:26:37 am
Does Markuson know how to teach effective pass-blocking schemes? I have my own serious doubts about that.

How would we know?  We've never done it before.

jhog

You should be embarrassed to post such stupid darn!

AnthroHog

If Mitch doesn't like Gus, then why would he go all the way to New York with Gus?

Hogeye_Pierce

Quote from: jhog on December 09, 2005, 11:30:11 am
You should be embarrassed to post such stupid Shiite!

Look. I've said ALREADY that I thought the rumor about GM and MM not getting along is bogus. It IS being discusse elsewhere though. Just thought I might get some input.