Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Denver Post Reported...

Started by corndo, December 09, 2005, 09:55:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

corndo

this morning that Houston is one of the names talked about for the CU Job. - I don't think it is going to matter however, but you never know.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_3292964

pfrg999

Nope he ain't going there...HBH still says he is gone...
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

CiriusPorker

Here's a dream situaiton..if Nutt goes to CO.  We get BD, we should schedule CO as a annual non-conference just so we can prepare for a running game and whip the dog sh** out of Nutt!

hogfankb

Les Miles is a possibility. Why the hell would he leave LSU?

HogHillbilly

Why would he want to leave though............He has a possible Heisman trophie winner in the backfield..............The number 1 QB in the country coming in, and now a new OC and possibly some more of the Springdale 5 coming..............Nutt ain't going anywhere fellas....................We're stuck with him.................Oh yeah...............He makes 1.5 mil a year here with no expectations. He would'nt make close to that in Colorado, and he would have to produce there................
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

taintlint

Quote from: CiriusPorker on December 09, 2005, 09:59:43 am
Here's a dream situaiton..if Nutt goes to CO. We get BD, we should schedule CO as a annual non-conference just so we can prepare for a running game and whip the dog sh** out of Nutt!

This game will take care of itself. It's called the Cotton Bowl. Big 12 middle of the pack vs. SEC middle of the pack.

Coacht

You mean their Athletic department actually came out and gave their fans some info on what is going on? Wow thats a new concept.
Statements of the year - "I think play calling sometimes is overrated." and "I will never hire an offensive Coordinator"

HDN Top 25 finishes....
2006 = 15th / 16th        2001 = nope
2005 = nope                 2000 = nope
2004 = nope                 1999 = 17th
2003 = nope                 1998 = 16th
2002 = 25th

whatsshakinbacon

December 09, 2005, 10:06:20 am #7 Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 10:08:57 am by whatsshakinbacon
Quote from: HogHillbilly on December 09, 2005, 10:03:50 am
Why would he want to leave though............He has a possible Heisman trophie winner in the backfield..............The number 1 QB in the country coming in, and now a new OC and possibly some more of the Springdale 5 coming..............Nutt ain't going anywhere fellas....................We're stuck with him.................Oh yeah...............He makes 1.5 mil a year here with no expectations. He would'nt make close to that in Colorado, and he would have to produce there................

He's about to have to let his best friend be fired by an OC shoved down his throat.  He's lost the support of the fans and a financial package could be worked out at CU which would guarantee a longer term than what he'll get here.  That's why I think he may still be gone.  All speculation has it that BD would hire GM as OC anyway, so the transition is not that hard to make if BD comes in.

Bacon out...

CiriusPorker

I wonder what publicity stunt, Nutt would pull in that matchup...instead of the hook 'em horns down sign..what would he do or say?  would he give us the bird before the game?

corndo

Quote from: taintlint on December 09, 2005, 10:04:55 am
Quote from: CiriusPorker on December 09, 2005, 09:59:43 am
Here's a dream situaiton..if Nutt goes to CO. We get BD, we should schedule CO as a annual non-conference just so we can prepare for a running game and whip the dog sh** out of Nutt!

This game will take care of itself. It's called the Cotton Bowl. Big 12 middle of the pack vs. SEC middle of the pack.

Actually this year, it is the second best team in the Big 12 vs. SEC middle of the pack. - It goes to show just how bad the Big 12 is as a conference.

hogfankb

Quote from: CiriusPorker on December 09, 2005, 10:06:45 am
I wonder what publicity stunt, Nutt would pull in that matchup...instead of the hook 'em horns down sign..what would he do or say? would he give us the bird before the game?

probably piss on "the helmet"

Maxmotorsinc

Quote from: HogHillbilly on December 09, 2005, 10:03:50 am

Hilbilly, We dont know about Mustain quite yet, dont count your chickens before they hatch, dont put all your eggs in one basket....etc...etc...

:razorback: Anyone notice who all was mentioned besides Nutt and Miles? 

QuoteAmong the early names that have surfaced are: Mullen High School coach Dave Logan, Arkansas coach Houston Nutt, LSU coach Les Miles and UCLA assistant Jon Embree. Broncos offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak, who briefly accepted the CU job in the last search and then backed out, opening the door for Barnett, declined to comment on the opening Thursday.

A high school coach?  Man are they desperate!! Wait...eer....scratch that...  :razorback:

Just bring me an SEC Championship and a BCS victory, I\'ll be happy.  As for a National Championship......that would be HEAVEN!!!!

swoopeshog

It seems odd that Nutt would announce GM as OC today and then find a new gig elsewhere.  Obviously stranger things have happened.  One would think Nutt leaves and then the new HC makes the announcement of his staff....too logical.  Nevermind

Quote from: devildoghawg on November 28, 2012, 07:37:57 pm
Regardless of what Obama's told you, unemployment is not a job.

Quote from: staffhog on November 30, 2015, 11:35:15 pm
You guys are just like my wife.  No matter how good a job I do, it is not quite up to her expectations.

corndo

Quote from: swoopeshog on December 09, 2005, 10:16:04 am
It seems odd that Nutt would announce GM as OC today and then find a new gig elsewhere. Obviously stranger things have happened. One would think Nutt leaves and then the new HC makes the announcement of his staff....too logical. Nevermind

I agree. I don't think he is going anywhere, but I guess one can always hope!

beachhawg

Barnett made 1.6 million bucks at CO, he would be in the Big 12 which is a much easier conference, and Nutt would bring a fresh pumped up clean car sales approach to a near dead program.  Sounds like a match, even though it is probably not going to happen

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: therockdj on December 09, 2005, 10:24:33 am
Barnett made 1.6 million bucks at CO, he would be in the Big 12 which is a much easier conference, and Nutt would bring a fresh pumped up clean car sales approach to a near dead program. Sounds like a match, even though it is probably not going to happen

Could Nutt win again with a change of scenery?  Different assistants?

Bacon out...

CiriusPorker

Nutt will probably fair well at Colorado since he's good at winning with other people's recruits.

Boner

Barnett made 1.6 million bucks at CO, he would be in the Big 12 which is a much easier conference, and Nutt would bring a fresh pumped up clean car sales approach to a near dead program. Sounds like a match, even though it is probably not going to happen

Even if his pay was decreased, you tell me what you'd want:

1 year @ 1.4 million
3 years @ 1.0 million

rHOGer

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on December 09, 2005, 10:25:40 am

Could Nutt win again with a change of scenery? Different assistants?

Bacon out...
and with someone else's players?

bosshawg38

Why would Colorado in their right mind choose Nutt over Gary Kubiak (one of the possible candidates mentioned)? I'd give them a little more credit than that.

Fletch

Quote from: bosshawg38 on December 09, 2005, 10:44:41 am
Why would Colorado in their right mind choose Nutt over Gary Kubiak (one of the possible candidates mentioned)? I'd give them a little more credit than that.
didn't kubiak back out on them last time when they hired Barnett
I feel like $100

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: Fletch on December 09, 2005, 10:47:58 am
Quote from: bosshawg38 on December 09, 2005, 10:44:41 am
didn't kubiak back out on them last time when they hired Barnett

yes he did - may have left a sour taste in their mouth.  But other names being mentioned include Borges, Tubby, O'Brien (BC) so I'm not too enamored with any of their potential hires unless they've got one flying under the radar.