Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

There are folks on here who want to give Mitch the QB position

Started by TulsaHawg, December 09, 2005, 09:32:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TulsaHawg

next year, yet they are worried about Gus being OC directly from high school.

I realize there is more responsibility with the OC position, but Gus has several years experience in coaching as well.  The basics of football are really no different at any level.  I think Gus understands there are differences between SHS and the SEC.

It has been said that the folks in power on the Hill believe that Gus is the next big thing in college football coaching. It that proves to be true, then getting him now might be akin to buying a hot IPO. Is there a risk? Yep! But then again, there is risk with many things in life.

BTW, has anyone heard if the UA is changing the Fight Song to "Hail to the Victors"?  "....Hail to the Razorbacks! Hail to their fighting spirit! Hail! Hail!............"  :P

Boner

Quote from: TulsaHawg on December 09, 2005, 09:32:31 am
next year, yet they are worried about Gus being OC directly from high school.

I realize there is more responsibility with the OC position, but Gus has several years experience in coaching as well. The basics of football are really no different at any level. I think Gus understands there are differences between SHS and the SEC.

It has been said that the folks in power on the Hill believe that Gus is the next big thing in college football coaching. It that proves to be true, then getting him now might be akin to buying a hot IPO. Is there a risk? Yep! But then again, there is risk with many things in life.

BTW, has anyone heard if the UA is changing the Fight Song to "Hail to the Victors"? "....Hail to the Razorbacks! Hail to their fighting spirit! Hail! Hail!............" :P

Seriously?  That comparison is weak.  The options (what some wanted) at OC are guys that have multiple years of experience at that position in D-1.  We went from looking at OC's that HEAD coaching experience or NFL experience to a guy with high school experience.

The options we have at QB is a guy who started 4 games as a true freshman.  Casey doesn't have that big of a head start on Mustain, and physical ability narrows the margin even more.