Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What did Bo just say?

Started by Feralhog, December 09, 2005, 08:15:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Feralhog

Something about HDN being on CU's list of names?  I thought they weren't interested?
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

Cresthog

I have also recently heard that he is on there short list of names...

There maybe a small glimmer of light still shining for us folks

Cajun Hog

Quote from: Feralhog on December 09, 2005, 08:15:00 am
Something about HDN being on CU's list of names? I thought they weren't interested?

HDn isn't interested in the CU job.  It's Bo being Bo just stiring the pot.

Cresthog

Quote from: Creole Hog on December 09, 2005, 08:17:46 am
Something about HDN being on CU's list of names? I thought they weren't interested?

HDn isn't interested in the CU job. It's Bo being Bo just stiring the pot.

He should be

Swino

HDN's name is indeed on the shortlist of CU, whether or not Houston returns/has returns interest is another matter altogether.

CU is a mess that will keep a younger coach with potential, like Kragthorpe, away. 

CraigheadHog

Don't be so sure of that.

Cresthog

Does Frank and Jim know about this?

CiriusPorker

Bo should link that  ;)  No rumors without sources is our rule... :)

JIHawg

Might be a good darksider strategy-flood the internet and callin shows with Houston to Colorado posts and calls.  Might piss Frank off.

Feralhog

December 09, 2005, 08:28:57 am #9 Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 10:06:19 am by Feralhog
Can someone tell me when this changed?  I thought CU had no interest to now him being on the CU list?  I've been told this is old news!
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

Cresthog

Quote from: Feralhog on December 09, 2005, 08:28:57 am
Can someone tell me when this changed? When did we go from Irwin saying CU had no interest to now him being on the CU list? I've been told this is old news!

Late last night things started to pick up. It seems to be very interesting, I am anxious to see how this turns out...after all Nutt did say yesterday that we would all be happy soon and excited about the where the program is headed.

Boner

Per the Denver Post he's a candidate:

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_3292964

But does he really fit the description by the CU president?  "A #1 All star coach"

Plus this paper appears to full of dumbasses.  Their "short list":

Nutt
Les Miles
Some HS coach
UCLA Assistant

Cresthog

Wasnt the Denver Post the paper who broke the Barnett story?

They are reliable so far IMO.

Boner

The only saving grace in this is that maybe, MAYBE, Nutt is so pissed about losing playcalling to a high school coach, and firing a few buddies that he's entertaining them.

That said, I still don't think CU would be interested.

hognelson

I've lived out in Denver before.  The Denver Post is a big time paper.  One of two in Denver, with the other being The Rocky Mountain News.

fire_hog

That article is a must-read. Looking at it through my rose colored glasses, which candidate would represent "a fresh look, a fresh perspective, an ability to come in and generate new ideas ..."? That sounds a lot like an outsiders view of our own HDN! They have not contacted tis coach, and refused to say whether he is a head coach, hmmm. Keep Hope Alive.
In a coaching business so full of phonies who talk character only to bend the rules, who consider the definition of discipline a player's weight-room attendance, who wouldn't dare pull something like this because it might hurt recruiting, here's Joe Pa, four decades on the job and not giving a damn. Except about what's right. - Dan Wetzel, Yahoo Sports

Cresthog

did anyone read that article in the Denver Post?

It named the shortlist of candidates that Bohn (there AD i believe) has came up with. He said he has one coach in mind that can stare recruits, boosters and fans in eyes and tell them how it is. He is an all star coach...He also goes on to say that he doesnt necessarily want or need a coach that has CU ties.... Thats a good sign people. But I still dont think that it will happen.

Feralhog

This isn't gonna snag nutt, he's already said a few days ago he has no interest. SO don't look for the angle that his name being on the list will piss someone off.

Cresthog

Nutt came out a few days ago and said he wasnt interested?? Was this when he was in Sarasota, Florida for 90 minutes or Fergus Fall, Minnesota? Because I sure as hell havent heard anything like that...in fact the only words Ive heard from HDN or the program at all for that fact was that lames excuse of a PR move by Nutt releasing that small paragraph saying things will get better and not explaining anything to anyone!

ocelot_ark

Nutt entertaining "offers" from LSU and Nebraska = Didn't take the job.
Nutt "saying" he isn't interested in Colorado = Rocky Mountain HIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH, Colorado.

Cresthog

Quote from: ocelot_ark on December 09, 2005, 08:52:37 am
Nutt entertaining "offers" from LSU and Nebraska = Didn't take the job.
Nutt "saying" he isn't interested in Colorado = Rocky Mountain HIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH, Colorado.

I will believe it when I see it with my own eyes and Nutt is crying over that Gold and black!

pfrg999

I Say he isn't going anywhere.... UA maybe screwed up right now... But CU is F***ed up.... I hope Kragthorpe does not take it... I would like him Here... I am just not that in love with Butch
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

Razorod

Somebody with photoshop ablilities ought to put together a picture of Nutt during a press conference with a Colorado helmet and the slogan "Love that helmet."
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

ocelot_ark

Who cares if you're in love with Butch? The RECRUITS would be...We need a big name coach to get us back to national prominence. You don't reel in big name recruits with Kragthorpe. You do with Butch.

JoeBobHog

Quote from: Feralhog on December 09, 2005, 08:41:48 am
This isn't gonna snag nutt, he's already said a few days ago he has no interest. SO don't look for the angle that his name being on the list will piss someone off.

how would you expect him to respond?
"Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy."

Feralhog

Quote from: JoeBobHog on December 09, 2005, 09:21:15 am

how would you expect him to respond?

BINGO

GorillaJMonsoon

Even if Nutt is talking with CU, he can't say it publicly.  He has two strikes against him after flirting with Nebraska and LSU.  One more strike and he would be out.

Feralhog

Quote from: GorillaJMonsoon on December 09, 2005, 10:20:06 am
Even if Nutt is talking with CU, he can't say it publicly.  He has two strikes against him after flirting with Nebraska and LSU.  One more strike and he would be out.

THIS COULD BE POTY...Great photoshop dude

GorillaJMonsoon

Thanks Ferral, I will settle for POTD, this is not my best work.  My latest fav is this one, even though it isn't really relevant anymore, it still makes me laugh:

PulledPork

Gorilla,
you are the SHIZNIT!

in a good way!

lumphog

YEA,................Houston wouldn`t lie to us. He`s such a GOOD guy. ;) ;D

DisplacedHogFan

Quote from: GorillaJMonsoon on December 09, 2005, 10:20:06 am

LOL! I can't stop laughing at that!!!

Jim Harris

I'm not sure Nutt isn't interested in the CU job or any other job. He's just not wanted.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson