Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Satisfied?

Started by claycohog, December 09, 2005, 07:50:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

claycohog

I can't believe the majority of this board will be satisfied with the hiring of Gus Malazahn.  I want Gus on board, but not with HDN.  This will go over about as well as turd in a punch bowl.  We are dealing with 2 men with huge egos.  If Malazahn does come aboard, it will be in writing that he will have total control over the offense.  IT WILL NEVER WORK!  YOu think this year was bad, next year will be a total cluster.  TOTAL DVISION IN THE PROGRAM.  That's coming in the near future.

idochog

I agree this is a mess.  Especially since we know HDN resisted this is the first place.  Its not like HDN volunteered to do this.

I see huge potential problems w/ HDN and Markuson and possibly some of HDNs other cronies or inner circle.

I think HDN should be gone.  Even if we could only keep Butch 2 years, I would rather have him w/ Mahlzan for 2 years.

Watch when things go wrong, how quick HDN and Markuson will be on the prowl to take down Mahlzan.

What percentage of calls are Hdn/Markuson gonna overrride?
I love Jesus!

JDHogg

Absolutely not.  Nutt should be gone.  I sent letter to JFB yesterday that said if Nutt was still coach I was boycotting.  I have to keep my word.  Looks like I will be out of UA athletics very soon.
"That's why you want something a little different", says Nutt entering his 9th season on the hill.
"You look at Florida last year," Nutt says.  "They struggled with their offense because of change...overhaul change.  Change is hard."

Quoted from August 2006 Hootens's Arkansas Football.

Doyle Hograves

I agree as well guys. I think Gus is great, but this is like putting a band-aid on a gun shot wound.
***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

hognelson

How do we know that Butch would only stay here a few years.  Hell, we don't even know if he is going to come period.  I myself will give Gus the chance to show me what he is all about before I go saying he is this or that.  Heck, all of us could of called the plays last year brotha just as easily as Nutt did.  It can't be any worse.  I agree with the division statement, and with that I think it is clear that Nutt has to go.  He has already lost alot of the fan base from what I have been reading and hearing (no inside sources!)  Still holding out hope that Nutt realizes that it is his time to go or someone tells him so.

HBTHogs

Nutt should be gone, but if we're winning and people are happy, Nutt will learn to live with it.  He's a people pleaser.

SirLoin

Hey in the word of Tom Cruise in Risky Business:
Sometimes you gotta say "What the F***"

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

I couldn't agree more.  I am getting really beaten down by these "glass half full" people who think a new OC and a new QB can somehow fix the mess Nutt has created and overcome his incompetence.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

HE is the freaking HEAD COACH.  WAKE UP.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

CraigheadHog

Heck no, I'm not satisfied.  I won't be satisfied until Dale is out.

Thunderhog Jr

:razorback:

No I'm not really satisfied, but I am glad to see that something is being done up on the hill, Hell there for awhile I thought everyone left from up there, at least something is starting to happen!

:razorback:
WPS  <br />Remember the days when we were a national power??  What the Hell happened?

arkcat

Most bizzare coaching move I've ever heard of.  Gus is in charge of everything that goes on on the offense side of the ball.  Be has only a few months to be able get adjusted to the spped of the game, learn his players strengths and weaknesses, learn the playbook, adjust the playbook, learn the defenses of every team we'll face next year, in turn teach his players those defensive schemes, recruit and more.  I think it will be Houston's (and Gus' if he's not successful this year) nail in the coffin.  This risk just put the entire coaching staff at risk of losig their jobs if this does not work out.

hawkeyefan17

I am satisfied in terms of the fact that I have wanted an offensive coordinator at Arkansas for a long time and now they apparently have one now. I have always liked Houston Nutt as the coach other than his playcalling. In my mind there are alot of questions...how easy or difficult is this offense to learn? Is Malzahn going to be given free reign to call the plays? When Malzahn is named offensive coordinator does that automatically put Mustain in the drivers seat for the starting quarterback spot. I originally thought Mustain would redshirt...will he redshirt now?

Now, this hiring looks cool to me. I like it but that is probably because I am pretty familiar with Springdale but to an outsider this hiring is going to look pretty weird. People will say well duh, they just hired Malzahn to ensure Mustain will stay in the fold. Word of Mitch's de-commit got out, when Malzahn is hired it will seem as though the only reason the University of Arkansas hired Malzahn is to ensure that their boy stayed home.

How many major Division I schools have hired a coach right out of high school as their offensive coordinator? Houston is one of few coaches in Division I who actually has called his own plays to this point so it will be a pretty big deal that he is giving up playcalling duties so when Malzahn is hired it will be...he gave up his playcalling to a high school coach? It will look strange. It will look as though Houston has lost his mind.

We all know how great Springdale and Malzahn has been but a lot of people don't so people will be confused. People will figure it out when they see Arkansas and their new offense and then it won't be a big deal but immediately I wonder if it might not be a negative in terms of out of state recruiting?

This is a great hire. The possibilities are endless and I am very optomistic about what will happen with this team now.

All I wanted Houston Nutt to do is get an offensive coordinator. He did and I am happy.

Those are my opinions, agree or not, it will be fun to watch this team. 

EastexHawg

The program has cancer. 

So what is our administration going to do?  Are they going to perform surgery and remove the tumor?

No.  But that's only the bad news. 

The good news is that they are going to buy the patient some trendy looking new clothes, some sparkly jewelry, and a convertible. 

What good will that do, you ask? 

Well, it won't cure the underlying condition...but at least the patient will at least temporarily look better.  Plus, the administration WILL be able to say, "There was a problem, and we did SOMETHING about it."