Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JFB's comments after the Vandy game.......

Started by TulsaHawg, December 08, 2005, 02:32:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TulsaHawg

It was a beautiful Sunday morning on September 11, 2005.  It almost seemed that it had been a bad dream, but now the reality was sinking in.....Arkansas had been beaten at home by Vandy with a 4th quarter comeback.

Coach Frank Broyles was the speaker for our chapel service that morning.  I was sitting at the front, and Coach Broyles was standing, maybe 8-10 feet in front of me waiting for the meeting to begin.   

I stated, "The sun did come up this morning."

JFB kinda chuckled and said, "If I was Houston, I believe I would have just gone to the top of the press box, and jumped off, and gone ahead and got it over with."

It was the only reference he made that morning to the game the night before. 

His remark caught me somewhat off guard, and I didn't know quite what to make of it. Was he thinking about firing HDN?  I decided that the end of the season would demonstrate what he meant. 

It seems clear to me now that Coach Broyles understood the firestorm which HDN would encounter from the fans because of that loss.   He knew that there would be troubled days ahead for HDN. 

JFB is much wiser than many here will credit him.  He knows what is happening with the program, and even though you may not agree with him, he has a plan.

Call Mr. Sow

I don't doubt he knows what is happening with the program, but there's just no evidence whatsoever of any plan at all. 

Maybe JFB's just a puppet at this point, and can't do what he knows in his heart should be done, but if he really is that powerless, the man should resign.

Smithian

Hm... I am no insulting you in any way, but it is hard for me to believe he said that.

Flatfoot

JFB just doesn't have the muscle to get rid of HDN or he just quit caring.  Otherwise he would have been gone after this year.
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

proffitthog

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: TulsaHawg on December 08, 2005, 02:32:56 pm
It was a beautiful Sunday morning on September 11, 2005.  It almost seemed that it had been a bad dream, but now the reality was sinking in.....Arkansas had been beaten at home by Vandy with a 4th quarter comeback.

Coach Frank Broyles was the speaker for our chapel service that morning.  I was sitting at the front, and Coach Broyles was standing, maybe 8-10 feet in front of me waiting for the meeting to begin.   

I stated, "The sun did come up this morning."

JFB kinda chuckled and said, "If I was Houston, I believe I would have just gone to the top of the press box, and jumped off, and gone ahead and got it over with."

It was the only reference he made that morning to the game the night before. 

His remark caught me somewhat off guard, and I didn't know quite what to make of it. Was he thinking about firing HDN?  I decided that the end of the season would demonstrate what he meant. 

It seems clear to me now that Coach Broyles understood the firestorm which HDN would encounter from the fans because of that loss.   He knew that there would be troubled days ahead for HDN. 

JFB is much wiser than many here will credit him.  He knows what is happening with the program, and even though you may not agree with him, he has a plan.

Did you ever take a logic course?

A = B
C = D
E = F
Therefore A = F

That's what I just read up there.
[CENSORED]!

TulsaHawg

Quote from: Smithian on December 08, 2005, 02:52:03 pm
Hm... I am no insulting you in any way, but it is hard for me to believe he said that.
Quote from: Call Mr. Sow on December 08, 2005, 02:50:17 pm
I don't doubt he knows what is happening with the program, but there's just no evidence whatsoever of any plan at all.

Maybe JFB's just a puppet at this point, and can't do what he knows in his heart should be done, but if he really is that powerless, the man should resign.

I don't think he is a "puppet".  There may certainly be more than one person involved in the decision-making process, but I think JFB has plenty of input.

Call Mr. Sow

Quote from: TulsaHawg on December 09, 2005, 08:11:43 am

I don't think he is a "puppet". There may certainly be more than one person involved in the decision-making process, but I think JFB has plenty of input.

If JFB has plenty of input and HDN is still here, then JFB isn't a puppet, but a moron.  I don't know which makes me feel better.