Michigan - 43
Wisconsin - 42
Nebraska - 41
Penn St. - 40
Alabama - 39
Iowa - 37
Oregon - 35
Auburn - 34

Here is a pretty neat tool to do some research if you like...

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/draft-history-graphic.htm

earshot

What you don't seem to grasp, it's not how many draft picks you have but how many you play against in a season.

This is why the SEC is dominant in bowl games. We play week in and week out against the best, not get up for 2 big games and cruise the rest of the season.

NWASooner

QuoteWe play week in and week out against the best, not get up for 2 big games and cruise the rest of the season.

When you say "we," I assume you're talking about the rest of the conference seeing as how Arkansas' bowl record since joining the SEC is 3-6.

bsking

Quote from: NWASooner on December 09, 2010, 10:35:19 pm
When you say "we," I assume you're talking about the rest of the conference seeing as how Arkansas' bowl record since joining the SEC is 3-6.

OU lost to A&M.  by a lot.  ha

MM-gohogs

Quote from: TDIABS on December 09, 2010, 09:24:24 pm
Colleges w/ most players drafted by the NFL from 2001 - 2010

Top 10
1. OSU - 67
2. USC - 63
3. Miami - 62
3. Georgia - 58
4. Florida - 54
5. LSU - 53
t6. FSU - 51
t6. Tenn - 51
t8. Oklahoma - 47
t8. Va Tech - 47
10. ND - 45

Others
Texas - 44
Michigan - 43
Wisconsin - 42
Nebraska - 41
Penn St. - 40
Alabama - 39
Iowa - 37
Oregon - 35
Auburn - 34

so what. they are called student athletes. we have an NFL forum where you may want to discuss this. no one cares about players in the NFL. if you think that is going to help you win the sugar bowl go right ahead. you're going to be disappointed in 26 days.
aka: Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville.

nutt huggers: glittering jewels of colossal ignorance - ME

"for all intensive purposes"--me, hogville taught me something today, thanks
missippihog: "I'm not arguing with you road scholars anymore. GO HOGS!"
hogfanwithms: "Georgia and Arkansas has no defense but Alabama does!"
Karma: "MM, we such today and unfortanely they are calling it like it is."

atekido

Top 10
1. OSU - 67
2. USC - 63
3. Miami - 62
3. Georgia - 58
4. Florida - 54
5. LSU - 53
t6. FSU - 51
t6. Tenn - 51
t8. Oklahoma - 47
t8. Va Tech - 47
10. ND - 45

Others
Texas - 44
Michigan - 43
Wisconsin - 42
Nebraska - 41
Penn St. - 40
Alabama - 39
Iowa - 37
Oregon - 35
Auburn - 34

and there are 3 Runnings backs in the nfl all starting and all played on arkansas (at the same time).  how is that certain over hyped Ohio st rb doing...? what was his name....  Beenie wells...?  and remind me where is troy smith?   OSU= Often Sitting(on the bench) Univeristy

oh and thank you for showing how weak the big 10 is.  1 team in the top 10 vs  4 sec teams.     

cubsfan5150

That would be 3-8 frick stick. 
QuoteWest Side Rooter wrote:

Always best to talk [expletive] about a team when you don't have to face them again.

I'd do the same. LaRussa's a nutjob and would probably throw at his head.
ETA: A bottle of wine, not a baseball.
ETA: Empty bottle, obviously.

ChitownHawg

Top 10
1. OSU - 67
2. USC - 63
3. Miami - 62
3. Georgia - 58
4. Florida - 54
5. LSU - 53
t6. FSU - 51
t6. Tenn - 51
t8. Oklahoma - 47
t8. Va Tech - 47
10. ND - 45

Others
Texas - 44
Michigan - 43
Wisconsin - 42
Nebraska - 41
Penn St. - 40
Alabama - 39
Iowa - 37
Oregon - 35
Auburn - 34

Just using your list the conference totals are:

Big 10 = 229
SEC = 289

Therefore your data proves the SEC is a tougher week in week out conference. Another fallacy to these NFL number is Alabama. They have less NFL players than OSU, but they seem to have done well in college football.

You OSU fans sure like to throw out the NFL numbers a lot, but this makes me wonder why your coaches are not being fired. Crap with that many NFL players why are you not winning more NCs? Florida and Alabama seem to be doing fine winning NCs with less NFL players.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ChitownHawg

Anyone who let's Boise put a whippin on ya needs to not speak of bowl games!  ;)

Besides he said week in week out which means conference play - not bowl games.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

NWASooner

QuoteBesides he said week in week out which means conference play - not bowl games.

Um....

QuoteThis is why the SEC is dominant in bowl games. We play week in and week out against the best, not get up for 2 big games and cruise the rest of the season.

rzrbackrob

Top 10
1. OSU - 67
2. USC - 63
3. Miami - 62
3. Georgia - 58
4. Florida - 54
5. LSU - 53
t6. FSU - 51
t6. Tenn - 51
t8. Oklahoma - 47
t8. Va Tech - 47
10. ND - 45

Others
Texas - 44
Michigan - 43
Wisconsin - 42
Nebraska - 41
Penn St. - 40
Alabama - 39
Iowa - 37
Oregon - 35
Auburn - 34

Notre Dame and OSU remind me of each other.
Good is the enemy of great

Germaine2Boston

Our Honor Defend, We Will Fight Til The End for O-HI-O!

TDIABS

Wow...

I just thought the USA today thing was pretty cool.

I don't think the data translates in to a win or a loss in one particular game.

BRHogfan

Arkansas has produced plenty of NFL talent, but OSU has produced more.  They've had consistency and a coach that has shown he can get players into the NFL.  And you actually have a lot of starters, as evidenced by how often you hear a player say "THE Ohio State University" (Always wondered the "THE" is the most import part....).  That being said, you hear a lot of "The U" and they haven't really been a credible football program for about 6 years now.

Draft picks over the past 10 years is a good indication of teams historically being at the top.  Look at the numbers from 2011-2020, maybe they'll be different.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: NWASooner on December 10, 2010, 07:05:22 am
Um....

I repeat Boise! Why is a Sooner fan on a Hog board? Don't you like your Sooners chances?

ChitownHawg

Quote from: TDIABS on December 10, 2010, 07:48:29 am
Wow...

Come on man you knew exactly how we would take your data as there have been too many OSU fans throwing the NFL crap on this board. Now you want to play innocent and say "I didn't mean anything by it." Sorry I am not buying that excuse.

big_ol_meat

Top 10
3. Miami - 62
3. Georgia - 58
4. Florida - 54
5. LSU - 53
t6. FSU - 51
t6. Tenn - 51
t8. Oklahoma - 47
t8. Va Tech - 47

80% of the top ten are teams in "Southern" states.
To all the virgins, thanks for nothing.

wholehog92

Quote from: earshot on December 09, 2010, 10:12:57 pm
What you don't seem to grasp, it's not how many draft picks you have but how many you play against in a season.

This is why the SEC is dominant in bowl games. We play week in and week out against the best, not get up for 2 big games and cruise the rest of the season.
Quote from: NWASooner on December 10, 2010, 07:05:22 am
Um....

The only way you are that dense is if you are educated at zero U.  You obviously let your bias get in the way of your reading comprehension and made a stupid remark, were called on it, and then tried to pretend like you were right all along.  The original "we" was talking about conference play not bowl games.  You made an ahole inaccurate remark about our bowl history, then pretended like the discussion was about our bowl history all along.  Go away.

If you are going to troll another team's board, at least be adult enough to admit when you are wrong.  Being a jerk and right is an entrirely different affair than being a jerk and wrong.  I understand you can't help the jerk part, but least be correct or admit mistakes.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

TDIABS

Quote from: locusbug on December 10, 2010, 07:59:49 am
Come on man you knew exactly how we would take your data as there have been too many OSU fans throwing the NFL crap on this board. Now you want to play innocent and say "I didn't mean anything by it." Sorry I am not buying that excuse.

I'm not sure how to respond to that one.  If you look at the numbers it proves that the SEC on average puts more players in the NFL than any other conference.

tigerinhogtown

When AR lines up their 11 players on the OFFENSIVE side of the ball, your defense will be looking at 8 - 10 future NFL players.  How many of your defensive players will be playing on Sundays in future years?

NWASooner

QuoteThe original "we" was talking about conference play not bowl games.

The original "we" was about how "we" do so well in bowl games because "we" play a tough conference schedule.  Arkansas' 3-8 bowl record doesn't translate to "we play well in bowl games."

Regardless, the USA Today thing is pretty cool when you break it out by states.  If you do some work yourself, you can figure out the per capita numbers for each state.  If I remember right, Tennessee and Missouri have horrible per capita numbers.  They're both decent sized states but put out very few draft picks.  Louisiana and Mississippi were the highest by far, if I remember right.

big_ol_meat

Ohio High School players in NFL       - 258
Arkansas High School players in NFL - 58

Ohio has a little over 4x the amount of players in the NFL.  They also have almost 4x the population (11.5 million from online sources compared to 2.9 million).  So it looks like the developement is about the same at the college level. 

BuckeyeDavo

Cool story.  In the last 4 years OSU has played against 11 of the 20 teams listed.  Soooo where is the water your argument is holding?

BuckeyeDavo

By "dominant in bowl games" are you referring to your .500 record against Big Ten Teams?

NWASooner

The deal is California.  They produce the most numbers by far but there's only one big time program in either the Pacific our Mountain time zones (USC).  There are a ton of B level programs like Oregon but USC is it. 

It's no coincidence OU gets more players out of Vegas and California than it does Oklahoma anymore.

razorback3072

Quote from: BuckeyeDavo on December 10, 2010, 11:17:06 am
By "dominant in bowl games" are you referring to your .500 record against Big Ten Teams?

More like the 9-0 record vs. OSU
A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/#/patriotprofiles

http://fearlessnavyseal.com/

BuckeyeDavo

Quote from: locusbug on December 10, 2010, 06:06:03 am
Just using your list the conference totals are:

Big 10 = 229
SEC = 289

Therefore your data proves the SEC is a tougher week in week out conference. Another fallacy to these NFL number is Alabama. They have less NFL players than OSU, but they seem to have done well in college football.

You OSU fans sure like to throw out the NFL numbers a lot, but this makes me wonder why your coaches are not being fired. Crap with that many NFL players why are you not winning more NCs? Florida and Alabama seem to be doing fine winning NCs with less NFL players.

Maybe because our coaches have 1 national title and 5 BCS bowl wins in 10 years?   I don't see that as underperforming at all. 

BuckeyeDavo

Quote from: razorback3072 on December 10, 2010, 11:19:55 am
More like the 9-0 record vs. OSU

OH I WAS CONFUSED.  I THOUGHT WHEN THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT CONFERENCES WE SHOULD ACTUALLY TALK ABOUT THE ENTIRE CONFERENCE INSTEAD OF TALKING AN 8% SAMPLE AND EXTRAPOLATING DATA THAT IS COMPLETELY FALSE.  THANK YOU FOR THE CLARIFICATION.

LZH

Quote from: TDIABS on December 10, 2010, 07:48:29 am
Wow...

How's that lightning rod feel?                    ;D

I thought it was pretty interesting.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: BuckeyeDavo on December 10, 2010, 11:20:24 am
Maybe because our coaches have 1 national title and 5 BCS bowl wins in 10 years?   I don't see that as underperforming at all.

I am sorry but I thought you OSU guys were trying to say you have sooo many more NFL players that you are superior to the rest of us. If that is the argument then you should have more than 1 NC. Take a look at Florida and Alabama who put fewer people in the NFL. One has 2 NCs and the other has 1.

But if that is not your argument then I am at a complete loss why you guys keep bringing up NFL players.

beantownhog

10. ND - 45

I'm surprised that Notre Dame is number 10.  With all of their storybook seasons over the last decade, I assumed that they would be higher! <sarcasm>
If your tax refund equals your taxes paid in, you don't pay taxes.

ChitownHawg

Look you OSU fans have thrown out the NFL player crap in several threads now. If you truly want to use that argument then you have to breakdown the numbers by how many are starters in the NFL, 2nd string, scout team, drafted did not make team, and then by position. I suspect OSU puts out a lot of linemen and fewer skill players.

But most important to my point is - what does it mean if you have 10 players go to the draft and 6 do not make a team? Is it better than a school who puts 4 in and they start? The reason I say this is where is Bennie Wells or the LB who went to the Cowboys? There are two OSU NFL players who were drafted, but doing nothing.

To use the NFL card you need to subtract the busts and only look at the ones who made it.

BuckeyeDavo

Quote from: locusbug on December 10, 2010, 11:27:22 am
I am sorry but I thought you OSU guys were trying to say you have sooo many more NFL players that you are superior to the rest of us. If that is the argument then you should have more than 1 NC. Take a look at Florida and Alabama who put fewer people in the NFL. One has 2 NCs and the other has 1.

But if that is not your argument then I am at a complete loss why you guys keep bringing up NFL players.

We bring it up because half your board is convinced there is some sort of "talent gap" and that the "SEC Speed" is really going to affect OSU.  Thats pretty much the only reason. 

BuckeyeDavo

Quote from: tigerinhogtown on December 10, 2010, 09:37:19 am
When AR lines up their 11 players on the OFFENSIVE side of the ball, your defense will be looking at 8 - 10 future NFL players.  How many of your defensive players will be playing on Sundays in future years?

Cool.  Those 8-10 will be lining up against 9-11 NFL players on our Defense.  We haven't had a starting DB NOT get drafted since 2002.  Same thing for LBs since 2003 I think.  6 of our 8 man DL, 3 of our 4 rotating LBs and our entire secondary will get drafted or sign free agent contracts by the time they are done. 

Larimore and Maybe Ohrian Johnson are the only ones I could see possibly not going.  But Ohrian is really a fill in, not the original starter.  And hes also young, so who knows.  Everyone else will go, and I would say 5 of them will go on the first day.

BuckeyeDavo

Quote from: rzrbackrob on December 10, 2010, 07:12:02 am
Notre Dame and OSU remind me of each other.

Yes.  A program that has won only 1 bowl game in the last 17 years (Honalulu Bowl) is very comparable to a team that has won 5 BCS bowl games and a national title in the last decade while winning or cowinning 6 Conference Titles. 

VERY comparable. 

big_ol_meat

Quote from: BuckeyeDavo on December 10, 2010, 11:40:09 am
We bring it up because half your board is convinced there is some sort of "talent gap" and that the "SEC Speed" is really going to affect OSU.  Thats pretty much the only reason.
Only because there are 9 reasons to 0 of why speed has been a factor against OSU. 

If you're playing with 9-11 pro players on your team right now why aren't you undefeated?  Is Tressel a failure?

ChitownHawg

Quote from: big_ol_meat on December 10, 2010, 12:11:08 pm
Only because there are 9 reasons to 0 of why speed has been a factor against OSU. 

If you're playing with 9-11 pro players on your team right now why aren't you undefeated?  Is Tressel a failure?

That was my point early - if there are so many more NFL players coming from OSU then why are they not winning more? If you have the players then it must be the coaches. We sure know about bad coaches ruining good players.

BuckeyeDavo

None of our players played in that game... Can you make a more transitive argument?  For a fanbase that LOVES to talk about how their bowl record is "really 1-0 because we didn't have Bobby before" you sure as hell love talking about games that occurred before some of these kids were born.  None of these guys played in 2007, so what does your stat have to do with anything?  About the same that your terrible all time bowl record has to do with how you will perform.

For never having done this before, you guys sure do KNOW a lot.

Our defense is always good.  Every team that has talked about how they were going to blow our defense up has been put back in there place.  The kids on the field that you will be playing have given up 30 points twice in their entire careers, and they have faced plenty of offenses with as much or more NFL talent.  2008 USC scored 24 on our defense and their entire team went in the first 4 rounds.

BuckeyeDavo

Quote from: locusbug on December 10, 2010, 12:27:34 pm
That was my point early - if there are so many more NFL players coming from OSU then why are they not winning more? If you have the players then it must be the coaches. We sure know about bad coaches ruining good players.

How much more can you freaking win?  Hes had 7 10 win seasons in 10 years...  We are just supposed to win the national title every year?  Its not like we even have a bad BCS bowl record.  WE ARE 5-3 IN BCS BOWLS.  For all the NFL talent teams like Georgia and FLorida have produced, why do they have 5 loss seasons?  It sure as hell isn't because of how tough the SEC east was this year.  Florida got TORCHED by FSU, so it ain't the SEC "talent" and "speed".  Is Urban Meyer a bad coach?  Why does he get so much underperformance?  I mean the guy has only won 2 NCGs in 6 years and 2 other BCS bowl games.  WHAT IS WRONG WITH HIM?

Winning every game is impossible.  Consistently being as good as we are is a feat that has only been accomplished by maybe 2-3 other programs over the last 15-20 years. 

ChitownHawg

Quote from: BuckeyeDavo on December 10, 2010, 12:35:32 pm
None of our players played in that game... Can you make a more transitive argument?  For a fanbase that LOVES to talk about how their bowl record is "really 1-0 because we didn't have Bobby before" you sure as hell love talking about games that occurred before some of these kids were born.  None of these guys played in 2007, so what does your stat have to do with anything?  About the same that your terrible all time bowl record has to do with how you will perform.

For never having done this before, you guys sure do KNOW a lot.

Our defense is always good.  Every team that has talked about how they were going to blow our defense up has been put back in there place.  The kids on the field that you will be playing have given up 30 points twice in their entire careers, and they have faced plenty of offenses with as much or more NFL talent.  2008 USC scored 24 on our defense and their entire team went in the first 4 rounds.

Davo - I have not argued the 0-9 as I believe past bowls are not an indication of the present. However, you did not respond to his last sentence which I feel is a very good argument about this NFL stuff.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: BuckeyeDavo on December 10, 2010, 12:40:39 pm
How much more can you freaking win?  Hes had 7 10 win seasons in 10 years...  We are just supposed to win the national title every year?  Its not like we even have a bad BCS bowl record.  WE ARE 5-3 IN BCS BOWLS.  For all the NFL talent teams like Georgia and FLorida have produced, why do they have 5 loss seasons?  It sure as hell isn't because of how tough the SEC east was this year.  Florida got TORCHED by FSU, so it ain't the SEC "talent" and "speed".  Is Urban Meyer a bad coach?  Why does he get so much underperformance?  I mean the guy has only won 2 NCGs in 6 years and 2 other BCS bowl games.  WHAT IS WRONG WITH HIM?

Winning every game is impossible.  Consistently being as good as we are is a feat that has only been accomplished by maybe 2-3 other programs over the last 15-20 years.

I am sorry, but I am at a loss as to how I can explain it to you. I have tried several ways, but you seem not to comprehend. You guys are bragging about you have so many NFL ready players that our offense will not hurt you.

If you have so many NFL players, then you should have the advantage. That advantage should play out to NCs. That is IF the argument the number of players being drafted into the NFL translates into championships or wins. As one of my replies above states - you have to dig deeper into the NFL to see if the drafted athlete was a bust.

razorback3072

December 10, 2010, 01:48:59 pm #41 Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 01:50:52 pm by razorback3072
Whether OSU produces the most NFL players or not is irrelevant.  The SEC consistantly produces more NFL players than any other conference.  There were more SEC players on NFL rosters last year, after final cut day, than any other conference.

The notion that AR is not prepared for the # of OSU's "NFL caliber" players is ridiculous. 

The difference is that we face those types of players every week.  OSU faces them once or twice a year.  OSU has a great history and has had great teams but the reason they have been so successful is that they only have one or two games a year that are real tests. 

OSU played ONE team that is currently ranked in the top 25 of the BCS and they lost.

AR has played 6 teams that are currently ranked in the top 25 and 5 of those teams are from the SEC and 4 are from the SEC West.

The reason that a FL or GA could have a 5 loss season is shown above.  The SEC is tough top to bottom.  The Big Ten has manipulated the system for years by not playing a CG and also not playing every team.  The strength and parity of the SEC is greater than the Big Ten and always has been.  The following is more proof of that... 

OSU has the Big Ten's only BCS title.  They are also the only Big Ten team to have played in a BCS CG.  The SEC has 6 of the 12 BCS titles and has now sent 5 different teams to the BCS CG.  That is dominance. 

A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/#/patriotprofiles

http://fearlessnavyseal.com/

BuckeyeDavo

Quote from: locusbug on December 10, 2010, 12:47:03 pm
I am sorry, but I am at a loss as to how I can explain it to you. I have tried several ways, but you seem not to comprehend. You guys are bragging about you have so many NFL ready players that our offense will not hurt you.

If you have so many NFL players, then you should have the advantage. That advantage should play out to NCs. That is IF the argument the number of players being drafted into the NFL translates into championships or wins. As one of my replies above states - you have to dig deeper into the NFL to see if the drafted athlete was a bust.

Locus, I never once said your offense would not hurt us.  Also, how can our NFL talent be an "advantage" against 2 of the other top 5 producers - LSU and Florida?  They produce a ton of NFL talent too.  And we don't really have a ton of "busts".  We have the most starting WRs and pretty close to the most starting DBs.  The only top pick guy that has yet to do anything that I can think of is Vernon Gholston, and I think they are just flat using him wrong. 

BuckeyeDavo

Quote from: razorback3072 on December 10, 2010, 01:48:59 pm
Whether OSU produces the most NFL players or not is irrelevant.  The SEC consistantly produces more NFL players than any other conference.  There were more SEC players on NFL rosters last year, after final cut day, than any other conference.

The notion that AR is not prepared for the # of OSU's "NFL caliber" players is ridiculous. 

The difference is that we face those types of players every week.  OSU faces them once or twice a year.  OSU has a great history and has had great teams but the reason they have been so successful is that they only have one or two games a year that are real tests. 

OSU played ONE team that is currently ranked in the top 25 of the BCS and they lost.

AR has played 6 teams that are currently ranked in the top 25 and 5 of those teams are from the SEC and 4 are from the SEC West.

The reason that a FL or GA could have a 5 loss season is shown above.  The SEC is tough top to bottom.  The Big Ten has manipulated the system for years by not playing a CG and also not playing every team.  The strength and parity of the SEC is greater than the Big Ten and always has been.  The following is more proof of that... 

OSU has the Big Ten's only BCS title.  They are also the only Big Ten team to have played in a BCS CG.  The SEC has 6 of the 12 BCS titles and has now sent 5 different teams to the BCS CG.  That is dominance.

You guys like to build strawmen.  Can someone point to where anyone said you guys couldn't handle our talent? 

90% of the talk here has been about how OSU is going to be "unprepared" because we never see "speed" like the SEC has.  LOL.

TDIABS

Quote from: razorback3072 on December 10, 2010, 01:48:59 pm
The reason that a FL or GA could have a 5 loss season is shown above.  The SEC is tough top to bottom. 

How do you explain FL getting crushed by FSU and Georgia getting beat by a terrible Colorado team?

BuckeyeDavo

Quote from: TDIABS on December 10, 2010, 01:57:07 pm
How do you explain FL getting crushed by FSU and Georgia getting beat by a terrible Colorado team?

and LSU squeezing by a bad WVU and Auburn (your undefeated team) almost losing to a mediocre-at-best Clemson?  Your clear #1 went OT against a 5 loss team from the ACC?  doesn't sound like "dominance" to me...

The ONLY out of conference "dominance" that your entire conference has shown this year is YOU GUYS beating A&M. 

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Thanks for the link.  I think it speaks volumes to good and stable coaching more than anything.  Tress has done an amazing Job.  Michigan's demise has also helped.  Of course part of that demise was caused by you guys. 

For ten years we had a head coach that took a recruit based on his ranking.  Nothing wrong with that unless he is simply a great athlete, but does not translate to being able to play any position in d-1 very well.

I would think (if Petrino stays at Arkansas another 5 years) our numbers go up considerably. 

Always fun to look at numbers, but means little in this game.  Yep OSU has more in the NFL (OSU Fans)  Yes the SEC has more total (Razorback fans)  Spin them any way you like.  Great matchup ahead for us all.

Let's make some waves.

Porkestrator

Quote from: BuckeyeDavo on December 10, 2010, 11:40:09 am
OK. So maybe we should say teams besides OSU (in the big 10) don't suck as bad as OSU when playing SEC teams in BCS games? That clarify it for ya?

TDIABS

Quote from: jxhopper on December 10, 2010, 02:16:09 pm
OK. So maybe we should say teams besides OSU (in the big 10) don't suck as bad as OSU when playing SEC teams in BCS games? That clarify it for ya?

The Big Ten is 1-1 against the SEC in BCS games exlcuding OSU of course.

LSU beat Illinois and Michigan beat Alabama.

cmrhawg

Quote from: BuckeyeDavo on December 10, 2010, 11:22:06 am
OH I WAS CONFUSED.  I THOUGHT WHEN THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT CONFERENCES WE SHOULD ACTUALLY TALK ABOUT THE ENTIRE CONFERENCE INSTEAD OF TALKING AN 8% SAMPLE AND EXTRAPOLATING DATA THAT IS COMPLETELY FALSE.  THANK YOU FOR THE CLARIFICATION.

haha what is this guy's deal?

take it easy sport