Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I think Mike and Mike totally suck...

Started by superior_wang, November 08, 2010, 08:58:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

superior_wang

code red

November 08, 2010, 08:59:48 am #1 Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 09:01:58 am by code red
No more Mike and Mike for me...try rivals radio with Bill King  Sirius 122 its on XM also  I think 143????
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

kingofdequeen

I LISTEN TO STEPHEN A SMITH !!!!

b/c the only alternative is David Bazzell.

SIDEBAR - anyone seen Peyton Hillis's facebook?  it looks like he's rockin a David Bassell starter kit. 

superior_wang

PennHOG

They spent alot of time gushing over Peyton Hillis's "guns" this morning.  Golic was getting teased because he was having a man crush over them.  Cris Carter even gave Golic a "Come on, man!"  For his man crush.  It was pretty funny.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

superior_wang

I suppose if Greenberg werent on there, it might be tolerable.

Man_O_Pork

I'm apparently in the minority here, but I like Mike & Mike.

Captain

I don't listen to them for one simple reason. Mike Golic played at Notre Dame. Notre Dame is lower than whale poop.

husker71

Golics favorite player is  Peyton Hillis so how bad can he be???  one email today said Broncos traded Hillis for Brady Quinn and so did  Golic ( Quinn was his former favorite player)

PennHOG

Quote from: tw_haynes on November 08, 2010, 09:19:17 am

I don't know about minority but I like 'em.  I turn them on when I'm getting ready in the morning and I listen to them on the Radio on the drive in.  I Tried Stephen A Smith for a while and decided that I really didn't like him. 
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

pigfunk

Golic is a doofus that is making a lot of money playing himself.  why would anyone listen to him?

Beaverfever

It's alright.  They are good guys, they just have a creampuff show. Lots of bells and whistles and little reality.

LSPRazorbac

I can't stand Golic.  He is extremely arrogant, he will play the goofy fat guy character, but when he disagrees with someone he talks down to them.

I like Greeny.  He makes it known that his perspective is from the outside looking in since he does not have an athletic bone in his body.  Golic thinks just because he was an athlete he is always knows everything.

Tone

You think,  I listen to The Czabe on Sporting News Radio on Sirus/ XM.  He is also on in NWA on 105.3, until 7 am

Hawgrox

Golic has the classic "I played the game...therefore I know more than everybody that didn't play" syndrome. That's why I love Herbert Davis on ESPN's College Basketball crew. You would never think he played by listening to him. He's all about facts, analysis and stats...not what it was like "back when he played".

Bill King is the Man....

Johnny America

I am a bum, that show is on too early for me. I listened to it when I was in the Army but now that my day does not start until 7am I do not have a chance to turn them on.
God is not real.

Semper Hogelis

I need a monkey, a football and a bucket of grease. HY coaching search 2019....

newera08

i listen to randy and rick. they are probably the most knowledgible commentators out there.

Pigdiana Jones

I don't mind Golic that much. The other guy, is an arrogant a-hole. When you look at him, you can tell he's stuck up, a jerk, thinks he's better than everyone type of a-hole.
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

HF#1

They are horrible.  I'd rather listen to Tommy and David on the buzz and that is difficult.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Johnny America

Quote from: newera08 on November 08, 2010, 10:46:05 am
i listen to randy and rick. they are probably the most knowledgible commentators out there.

They are only interested in the truth. These guys are the real deal.  ;)
God is not real.

Tusks

try the dan patrick show.....i watch him on directv 101 but he's on tons of radio, i think khog, and fox regionals.....he does not have a biased bone in his body about the hogs....ive watched for over a year.

lots of great guest and his style gets great info out of his interviews.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

kingofdequeen

Quote from: salebow on November 08, 2010, 12:14:31 pm
I don't mind Golic that much. The other guy, is an arrogant a-hole. When you look at him, you can tell he's stuck up, a jerk, thinks he's better than everyone type of a-hole.

inferiority complex much? 

BILLYBOB

I don't like Mike & Mike.  Not for any particular reason...it's just not very entertaining.  I do enjoy Cowherd and Jim Rome in small doses...and if the subject is something interesting. 

"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski

Hey Super

As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

HF#1

Quote from: BILLYBOB on November 08, 2010, 01:04:07 pm
I don't like Mike & Mike.  Not for any particular reason...it's just not very entertaining.  I do enjoy Cowherd and Jim Rome in small doses...and if the subject is something interesting.

I think Cowherd is pretty good. 
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

zebra

I enjoy listening to them on the way to work, they don't take themselves too seriously, to make fun of each other on a regular basis.  Makes for a good show.

Hoggy1

Mike and Mike are legit, Cowherd is the best
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

DeltaBoy

I enjoy them in the summer but I don't get ESPN Radio well enought to listen at work.  I 'm OK with them
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

Dan Patrick show is the way to go. Good stuff.
ched come back pls

dnuttthefool

losthawg68

They are entertaining, that's all I'm concerned with during my 20 minute drive.
Re:  I just came into some money...
Quote from: cosmodrum on April 01, 2011, 01:34:40 pm
Why money...didn't have a sock or tissue handy?

Quote from: Slacker on August 14, 2012, 10:57:10 pm
God Damn you Lost....

rljjr

To me, if it's not about the Razorbacks, all sports talk radio is just the sound of a cow peeing on a flat rock.

usnavyhogfan

Quote from: code red on November 08, 2010, 08:59:48 am
No more Mike and Mike for me...try rivals radio with Bill King  Sirius 122 its on XM also  I think 143????
Agreed. I almost listen to that channel exclusively.
The dream is free, the journey is not.

jesterzzn

I don't like Mike Greenburg because he does an intentional caricature of a Jewish Yankee Media Guy.

He plays that as a character more so than as who he really is (I know he's really is jewish and really is a yankee, but cmon, he's so freaking over the top with it).  And it sucks.

Beaverfever

It's friendly enough vanilla sports talk. 

kingofdequeen

Quote from: jesterzzn on November 08, 2010, 05:42:14 pm
I don't like Mike Greenburg because he does an intentional caricature of a Jewish Yankee Media Guy.

He plays that as a character more so than as who he really is (I know he's really is jewish and really is a yankee, but cmon, he's so freaking over the top with it).  And it sucks.

so you don't like Mel Brooks or Woody Allen or Jon Stewart or Adam Sandler or Andy Samburg or...?

jesterzzn

Quote from: kingofdequeen on November 08, 2010, 06:10:05 pm
so you don't like Mel Brooks or Woody Allen or Jon Stewart or Adam Sandler or Andy Samburg or...?
Well, Brooks and Allen are funny so yes I like them, no I don't like Jon Stewert, and I have no idea who Andy Samburg is.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: jesterzzn on November 08, 2010, 06:16:16 pm
Well, Brooks and Allen are funny so yes I like them, no I don't like Jon Stewert, and I have no idea who Andy Samburg is.

Smokehouse

Quote from: BILLYBOB on November 08, 2010, 01:04:07 pm

I like M&M and Cowherd, but I'd rather listen to cats fighting than Jim Rome.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

ChicoHog

Quote from: tw_haynes on November 08, 2010, 09:19:17 am
i'm with you.  Very entertaining and they play off each other very well. 

jesterzzn

Quote from: kingofdequeen on November 08, 2010, 06:22:50 pm

Is that the guy that did the daredevil movie?  not the superhero movie, but the movie about the kid that did dumb stunts.

if it is then yea, I kinda like him, but I would not put him in the same catagory as the others.  He doesn't strike me as a guy whose only shtick is to play up being nerdy and jewish.  In fact, I didn't even know he was jewish.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: jesterzzn on November 08, 2010, 06:29:45 pm
Is that the guy that did the daredevil movie?  not the superhero movie, but the movie about the kid that did dumb stunts.

if it is then yea, I kinda like him, but I would not put him in the same catagory as the others.  He doesn't strike me as a guy whose only shtick is to play up being nerdy and jewish.  In fact, I didn't even know he was jewish.

no offense...but if you can't tell that samberg is jewish, can you see that Tpain is black?

RedRock

Best ESPN personality is Scott Van Pelt. Most entertaining sports talk dude...Dan Patrick. Worst.....Randy Rainwater and Trey Schap, well I say worst. "Hey Randy, I would like to send a shout out to Zenyatta". Pure awful.

jesterzzn

Quote from: kingofdequeen on November 08, 2010, 06:32:43 pm
no offense...but if you can't tell that samberg is jewish, can you see that Tpain is black?
I don't take offense, but non jews with dark curly hair might I guess.

Maybe you can describe what about him is as clear to you as black and white?

kingofdequeen

may have little exposure in Arkansas, but the Loose Cannons w/ Vic the Brick and Pat O'Brien is a really really good sports talk show. 

iheartradio is how i listen to them.  really strong.  POB is great, too.  tons of stories about the greats, both personal and professional.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: jesterzzn on November 08, 2010, 06:34:37 pm
I don't take offense, but non jews with dark curly hair might I guess.

Maybe you can describe what about him is as clear to you as black and white?

if i see a dark skinned man who doesn't speak spanish and has the name last name of Running Bear, i can safely assume he's native american in descent.

when a gentlman has certain facial features, hair texture, and the last name Samberg, it's a pretty safe bet assumption that he's jewish in descent.

jdhogg0707

Quote from: hogfan#1 on November 08, 2010, 01:09:41 pm
I think Cowherd is pretty good. 

^THIS^

Colin is awesome.  He's one of those guys that says it like you think it.

Mike & Mike hardly ever talk enough College for me...it's all pro stuff...and they'd rather go obscure professional anything than devote more time to what we all really want to hear about.  They're trying to win the NE, apparently.  Cowherd will spend an entire show on U-material...or flip flop back and forth--plus talk about hookers and drugs.  Everything I want in sports talk.   

HF#1

Quote from: PiggieSmalls on November 08, 2010, 06:41:49 pm
^THIS^

Colin is awesome.  He's one of those guys that says it like you think it.

Mike & Mike hardly ever talk enough College for me...it's all pro stuff...and they'd rather go obscure professional anything than devote more time to what we all really want to hear about.  They're trying to win the NE, apparently.  Cowherd will spend an entire show on U-material...or flip flop back and forth--plus talk about hookers and drugs.  Everything I want in sports talk.

He doesn't split hairs and doesn't buy into or contribute to the media hype/BS.  He's espn's best radio guy.  Plus he seems to be high on the hogs.

jesterzzn

Quote from: kingofdequeen on November 08, 2010, 06:39:29 pm
if i see a dark skinned man who doesn't speak spanish and has the name last name of Running Bear, i can safely assume he's native american in descent.

when a gentlman has certain facial features, hair texture, and the last name Samberg, it's a pretty safe bet assumption that he's jewish in descent.

I didn't know his name, remember?  I don't think its tattooed to his face is it?