Started by downsouthhawg72, November 03, 2010, 05:13:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

downsouthhawg72

He picked Nebrska, we needed him.
DownSouthHawg

The_Boot_stops_here

mhuff

Hogman2

He needs a heavy coat!  If he does NOT WANT the Hogs, we do not need him!

NeverYield

Too bad.  We missed out on this one.  Good luck to the young man and his career in the Big 10...
"You can take a boy out of ole' dixie land lord, but ju'll never take ole' dixie from a boy..."  -Ronnie VanZant

downsouthhawg72

I know thats right. I hope he's ready to play in all that snow. every1 is not born to be a hawg so we will rock on to the next 1. He could've stepped right in & played next year. i guess that really don't & didn't mean anything. I think we need to go ahead & give a Schollie to Weslie since he has hawg blood running through his vains. Speed kills & he has it.
DownSouthHawg

mhuff

Hopefully we are on the kid from Virginia. Is his name Wilkinson? This kid has not allowed areception all year....very impressive

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: mhuff on November 03, 2010, 05:14:26 pm
per Shawn and Wally

just sayin where i heard it man....couldnt get S & W at the house

RivercrestHog

Quote from: EASYBONE1 on November 03, 2010, 05:18:55 pm
I know thats right. I hope he's ready to play in all that snow. every1 is not born to be a hawg so we will rock on to the next 1. He could've stepped right in & played next year. i guess that really don't & didn't mean anything. I think we need to go ahead & give a Schollie to Weslie since he has hawg blood running through his vains. Speed kills & he has it.

I'll take Grade A athletes, who didn't grow up as Hog fans, over Grade C athletes, who grew up as Hog fans, anyday of the week.

Ham Ham Pigelow

Quote from: RivercrestHog on November 03, 2010, 05:31:05 pm
I'll take Grade A athletes, who didn't grow up as Hog fans, over Grade C athletes, who grew up as Hog fans, anyday of the week.
And you will get yourself an 8-4 ballclub on a consistent basis if you are content with that. Willy Robinson won't keep his job with Grade C athletes anyway.

Spider-Pig

Best of luck to him

Please no bashing

RivercrestHog

Quote from: Ham Ham Pigelow on November 03, 2010, 05:37:16 pm
And you will get yourself an 8-4 ballclub on a consistent basis if you are content with that. Willy Robinson won't keep his job with Grade C athletes anyway.

Read it again. I said I'll take the Grade A athlete.

downsouthhawg72

November 03, 2010, 05:50:35 pm #13 Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 05:53:59 pm by EASYBONE1
Brandon Burlsworth was that same Grade C walk on, look how he turned out. You don't have to take a whole ball club of them but some1 with the speed of Weslie is worth taking & coaching him up. Jamal Anderson turned out pretty good also & he wasn't that same grade A. Kevin Williams wasn't a Grade A coming out of Fordyce, he acutally played TE but got coached up at DT.
DownSouthHawg

The_Bionic_Pig

Arkansas could not beat out this deciding factor: click me
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

booogaga

wish the kid the best of luck, our staff will now move on to the next guy.
GO HOGS!

tiber

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on November 03, 2010, 05:58:32 pm

BFF?

Maybe we can make room for him too...

WildHawg

Quote from: booogaga on November 03, 2010, 06:02:16 pm
wish the kid the best of luck, our staff will now move on to the next guy.

Any idea who the next guy might be?? Outside of Jackson and Wesleigh Foster (who is in truth more of a backup plan than a top priority recruit) I don't know too many more CB's we are on.

SquidBilly

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on November 03, 2010, 05:58:32 pm

Well if it was a package deal I'm glad we didn't offer his buddy because while a 6'0 193 lb LB might make it in the Big12 that won't cut it in the SEC.

jackflash

Wish we had gotten him. At least he didn't wait until NSD. BP and his staff still have November, December and January to find some else.

Agent of Chaos

Quote from: EASYBONE1 on November 03, 2010, 05:50:35 pm
Brandon Burlsworth was that same Grade C walk on, look how he turned out. You don't have to take a whole ball club of them but some1 with the speed of Weslie is worth taking & coaching him up. Jamal Anderson turned out pretty good also & he wasn't that same grade A. Kevin Williams wasn't a Grade A coming out of Fordyce, he acutally played TE but got coached up at DT.

Foster's speed doesn't make up for the fact he can't tackle/break a tackle/stay up after contact.
You know the thing about Chaos.....it's fair.

http://halftimehennessy.com/

Speedracer

Like smites bother me.

WildTab

No one whose testicles are crushed or whose male organ is cut off shall enter the assembly of the Lord.
Deuteronomy 23:1

bubbafromSECF

Down to us and Bo pelini for a defensive recruit.... We have arrived on the national scene. Soo refreshing even of he didn't come.

Wildhog

It's time to get rid of Willy.  Or at least get another secondary coach and just let Willy be DC.  He's hurting us in recruiting, and his scheme isn't exactly doing us any favors.  Our secondary is absolutely murdering us, and we can't get any top recruits in that department if the recruits don't believe in their coach.

And before anyone cites the '09 "#1 DB class," Crim, Leon and Stewart are gone after this year, Gordon transferred, Jerry Mitchell has amounted to absolutely nothing, and Winston is about as physical as my dead grandmother.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

beansandtaters

Quote from: Wildhog on November 03, 2010, 06:51:48 pm
It's time to get rid of Willy.  Or at least get another secondary coach and just let Willy be DC.  He's hurting us in recruiting, and his scheme isn't exactly doing us any favors.  Our secondary is absolutely murdering us, and we can't get any top recruits in that department if the recruits don't believe in their coach.

And before anyone cites the '09 "#1 DB class," Crim, Leon and Stewart are gone after this year, Gordon transferred, Jerry Mitchell has amounted to absolutely nothing, and Winston is about as physical as my dead grandmother.

we're 2nd in the conference in pass defense. Our defensive problems are with our front 7s ability to stop the run, particularly a running qb.

RivercrestHog

Quote from: beansandtaters on November 03, 2010, 07:00:42 pm
we're 2nd in the conference in pass defense. Our defensive problems are with our front 7s ability to stop the run, particularly a running qb.

The problem is the schemes developed to stop the running QB's. That's Willy's responsibility.

mmhogs17

Now attention turns to Blake Countess.

KINGTUSK

We really needed him, wish this kid the best.
Men are like bank accounts.
Without a lot of money they don't generate a lot of interest.

hogsmaster

Very disappointing but let's move on the next option.

Ben Steiger

Quote from: ATLpiggie on November 03, 2010, 06:32:16 pm
Well if it was a package deal I'm glad we didn't offer his buddy because while a 6'0 193 lb LB might make it in the Big12 that won't cut it in the SEC.

If you check his offer list, we offered his buddy, as well.

Shoot. I was really excited about getting Jackson.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

HgH

masterhog

Why the Willy bashing? He is a good coach and doing the best he can with the talent he has to work with. Hopefully this recruiting class will beef up the defensive side of the ball.