Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charles Jackson will really commit

Started by pigskinpreacherII, November 02, 2010, 09:16:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dalt21

Just saying my opinion, from what I know:

Supposedly Jackson silently committed to our staff after he officially visited for the Alabama Game....

He visited Nebraska this past weekend. Supposedly he told Bo Pelini and his staff that he was going to commit to them....

So, basically, what you have is, Nebraska fans thinking he's there's because he visited them last, which is not a bad way to think when it comes to 17 and 18 year olds deciding where to go to college. Sometimes, where you visit last wins.

So finally, NO one really knows where Charles Jackson will be going to college, except for Charles, and his father. Everyone else should be tuned in at 5 PM to find out the truth. If I was you, I'd quit listening to what these so called insiders have to say, because no one knows at this point.

mmhogs17

Quote from: Dalt21 on November 03, 2010, 03:05:31 pm

Supposedly Jackson silently committed to our staff after he officially visited for the Alabama Game....

He visited Nebraska this past weekend. Supposedly he told Bo Pelini and his staff that he was going to commit to them....

So, basically, what you have is, Nebraska fans thinking he's there's because he visited them last, which is not a bad way to think when it comes to 17 and 18 year olds deciding where to go to college. Sometimes, where you visit last wins.

So finally, NO one really knows where Charles Jackson will be going to college, except for Charles, and his father. Everyone else should be tuned in at 5 PM to find out the truth. If I was you, I'd quit listening to what these so called insiders have to say, because no one knows at this point.

Spot on^

Oliver

Quote from: Dalt21 on November 03, 2010, 03:05:31 pm

What's your gut feeling Dalt?

pigzwillrise

so any leaks yet?  normally, there are some "know it alls" who have "their sources" who let the big secret out about 1 hour before an announcement

mmhogs17

Quote from: pigzwillrise on November 03, 2010, 03:09:44 pm
so any leaks yet?  normally, there are some "know it alls" who have "their sources" who let the big secret out about 1 hour before an announcement

Nobody will know until he calls a station.

pigskinpreacherII

This is making me nervous!!! never been so hyped about a CB recruits announcement..... Oh yeah accept for Winston...what a let down:(

hogfandeet

He's from Texas, right?  Doesn't he know that Nebraska is going to the Big Ten(+2)?  Those away games are gonna be COLD!!!  (Nebraska can be cold by itself)

Dalt21

Quote from: Oliver on November 03, 2010, 03:08:23 pm
What's your gut feeling Dalt?
I honestly don't know at this point, yesterday, I said Nebraska 51%/Arkansas 49%

Oklahawg

It would have been a lot better for Arkansas had he somehow NOT been able to make it to NU for a visit. :)

He was solid to UA prior to going to Lincoln. The only clue on how they compare is NU was a 9/10 while Arkansas was a home run, if I recall correctly.

The biggest factor that gives me reason to doubt a UA commit is the comfort of a HS teammate already going to NU. I'd say this is a real toss-up.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Arkansasno1

Come on Charles, we need you here. Instant playing time, better weather, better conference, better women, closer to home. The list could go on and on.
"Be content and resigned to God's will."
~Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Pigneous Rock

RazorBassin

Come on Mr. Jackson...be a HOG!!!  WPS!  :razorback:

beansandtaters

NeverYield

Quote from: ARKYULTRARUNNER on November 03, 2010, 03:36:54 pm
Coming here to play for the 2nd best pass defense in the SEC would be a good thing for Jackson.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/stats/byteam?cat1=defense&cat2=Passing&conference=I-A_SEC&year=2010
Nice stat.  Nobody wants to talk about this!  Just Willy Ro sux and our defense sux and BP is an offense guy, he overlooks D...  ::)
"You can take a boy out of ole' dixie land lord, but ju'll never take ole' dixie from a boy..."  -Ronnie VanZant

HogsGoneWild

Its easy to say he is going to NU, just as easy as it is to say he will be a HOG, good thing there are only 2 choices, everyone has a 50% chance of being right.

You are always going to say good things about a place you just visited, so maybe since NU was only a 9/10 was a good thing? IDK, but the only thing that worries me is that he has a teammate that is already a Husker.

swinetologist1

Something tells me that his recruitment will not end after this announcement, either way.
"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: ARKYULTRARUNNER on November 03, 2010, 03:36:54 pm
Coming here to play for the 2nd best pass defense in the SEC would be a good thing for Jackson.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/stats/byteam?cat1=defense&cat2=Passing&conference=I-A_SEC&year=2010

stats dont always tell the whole truth.....our secondary is the worst position on the team, period....even MORE reason Jackson should be a Hog....early playing time

beansandtaters

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on November 03, 2010, 04:19:31 pm
stats dont always tell the whole truth.....our secondary is the worst position on the team, period....even MORE reason Jackson should be a Hog....early playing time

I'm going to disagree. When we've gotten beat it's been by a running game beating our front 7. Our front 7 are solid v. pass and get pretty good (not great) penetration. They are not good against the run. Our line too often lets the O-line get to our undersized LBs.

When judging a secondary, you have to look at the entire body of work. It's easy to point at each corner at least once a game because usually, at lease once a game, each corner will get exposed. When they do well, you don't see it.

NeverYield

"You can take a boy out of ole' dixie land lord, but ju'll never take ole' dixie from a boy..."  -Ronnie VanZant

ArKan5a5 KiD

What station is shawn and wally in central or south arkansas?

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: beansandtaters on November 03, 2010, 04:26:52 pm
When judging a secondary, you have to look at the entire body of work. It's easy to point at each corner at least once a game because usually, at lease once a game, each corner will get exposed. When they do well, you don't see it.

you may be right but im tired of noticing them....going on 3 yrs now of noticing them EVERY game

Brewerfan10

SultanofSwine

Quote from: 1CavHog on November 03, 2010, 02:00:10 pm
Yes, 31 - 27, and no you are not the father.

My wife will be happy on both accounts.

Hog on the Hill

November 03, 2010, 04:59:20 pm #124 Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 05:01:21 pm by Hog on the Hill
Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on November 03, 2010, 04:37:56 pm
you may be right but im tired of noticing them....going on 3 yrs now of noticing them EVERY game
Okay, but it seems silly to single out the secondary as the weakest part of the team when our pass defense is 12th in the nation and our pass efficiency defense is ~30th in the nation.

I understand that stats can be misleading, but our pass defense isn't what's getting us beat.  We lost the Alabama game because our offense stalled in the 2nd half and we couldn't stop the run.  We lost the Auburn game because our special teams played the worst it has all year and because we couldn't stop the run.  Pass defense has not been our biggest problem.

Dirty

kyrohog

I'm at work with no radio. This is driving me crazy. please let it be us.

outlaw68

RazorCrackFan

bphi11ips

Just entered "Charles Jackson" in Rivals search engine and came up with nothing.  Details anyone for those of us who aren't recruiting junkies?
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Hog on the Hill

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 03, 2010, 05:05:03 pm
Just entered "Charles Jackson" in Rivals search engine and came up with nothing.  Details anyone for those of us who aren't recruiting junkies?
Just Google "charles jackson rivals"

it's the first link.

Here... http://rivals.yahoo.com/okvarsity/football/recruiting/player-Charles-Jackson-104768

edit: btw this method works for almost all recruits on Rivals, Scout, or ESPN.  Just Google "<player name> <recruiting service>" and it's usually the first link.  This is faster than going on the recruiting website and then searching for the player.

razorhead94

Refresh...refresh...refresh.  Anybody else doing this?
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

PaleHorse

Hog Database \ Arkansas Razorback Football History

RazorCrackFan

Still on commercials...Ill post as soon as I hear it.

HogsGoneWild

Quote from: RazorCrackFan on November 03, 2010, 05:08:32 pm
Still on commercials...Ill post as soon as I hear it.
hurry up I got to go pee

Dirty

Hog on the Hill

Wow these guys don't even know where Charles Jackson is from.

RazorBassin

eathill5

This is stupid, but I can't look away. 
Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on December 30, 2010, 02:51:51 am
He is a bad person... I read this thread specifically to say this.
Gus doesn't love Arkansas, you, or Jesus. Only Gus.
Get over it.
Quote from: swoopeshog on January 08, 2011, 09:36:34 pm
guvhog and band geek are both idiots

old hog

Hasn't called the cornhuskers, either.

RazorCrackFan

No news yet...richard just said nebraska hasnt heard anything either so...Mr jackson is late!

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

outlaw68

someone post as soon as its over.. for us non listeners.
As i refresh again

Music City Hog

old hog

1CavHog

Damn it. Not only can I not predict the future but we just lost out on a top CB which is a great position of need. $*%&*%&*(&%&*($$

Oliver

Can't ever land the big fish on defense.