Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kadeem Jack is leaning toward Rutgers

Started by jbcarol, August 27, 2010, 03:03:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

The 6-foot-9 Jack visited Rutgers unofficially Tuesday with his mother, Louisa Hall.

Hogs have been in the top four for Jack, a top ten PF in the class of '11.  Jack is playing for South Kent (CT) Prep.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

songofthesword

The Hogfather

This kid is getting some bad advice or is making very bad decisions on his own.

I'm not necessarily saying he should come to Arkansas, but Rutgers?  Prep school with the offers he had coming out of high school?

He sounds like a homebody who is getting advice from other homebodies.  He can't go to St. John's, if I'm not mistaken, or he'd be there.

3kgthog

Rutgers? Did James Gandolfini put in a call or something?

HawgAdvocate

Another reason why local/regional talent is so damn important.

Losing that lifeline to Memphis all those years did much more harm than we readily acknowledge. Before Drake Wade signed, the last kid we had was Marlon Townes from 1996.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Dogtown Donkey

I don't think we should sell Rutgers short. I really like the coach they hired, Mike Rice from Robert Morris. The NEC is a small conference, but he did coach his teams to a 46-8 record in conference over the past 3 seasons.

I mean, I understand what you guys are saying. He's unproven at the major college level and has a lot of work ahead of him, but I think that could be a program on the rise. If Rice can get a few top New York talents, things could get interesting there.

HeathWimp

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on August 27, 2010, 03:50:17 pm
Another reason why local/regional talent is so damn important.

Losing that lifeline to Memphis all those years did much more harm than we readily acknowledge. Before Drake Wade signed, the last kid we had was Marlon Townes from 1996.

HogAdvocate, you are absolutely right.  We havent' done jack in Memphis.  It is a key for Pel to recruit there, I'm sure that he is on it.
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

azhog10

Shocker! I don't understand why any teams really waste their time with this kid. Talent or not. He has constantly flipped flopped on what he's doing. But back to us not being able to pull in bigs, this is just another POSSIBLE hit to Pel's recruiting. However if he gets Thomas, who i believe is a long shot, that should lift this class in great amounts.

pigfunk

Quote from: azhog10 on August 29, 2010, 11:18:35 pm
Shocker! I don't understand why any teams really waste their time with this kid. Talent or not. He has constantly flipped flopped on what he's doing. But back to us not being able to pull in bigs, this is just another POSSIBLE hit to Pel's recruiting. However if he gets Thomas, who i believe is a long shot, that should lift this class in great amounts.
Agree...drama to talent ratio too high!

nychawg121

Look for Jack to commit to Rutgers on Wednesday. He is a heavy heavy lean right now. Ill be surprised if he makes it out of his visit without committing. If he doesn't commit Wednesday that would bode extremely well for everyone else involved but I don't expect that will happen.

jbcarol

To make it official, Jack signed a LOI with Rutgers.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net