Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PGA thread

Started by gotyacovered, August 11, 2010, 12:58:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gotyacovered

phils kicks today are badass
You are what you tolerate.

kingofdequeen

Whistling Straits looks like the toughest golf course in the world. 

clutch

Bryce Molder is at -5.

gotyacovered

Quote from: kingofdequeen on August 13, 2010, 02:02:48 pm

there is not one easy shot... ball strikers dream i.e. bryce molder

clutch

I agree. It looks like a nightmare.

gotyacovered

look how lush the tee boxes are...

the tee box in the back ground doesnt have one divot on it.

gotyacovered

you phil haters see this???

topped it

gotyacovered

may have just caught it thin...

on the slo mo replay, you guys see how much he flexed his iron shaft ???

gotyacovered

lookin at a big number here.

majestic

Kuchar at -8... El Tigre has a lot of work to do this afternoon if he is going to be in it on Sunday.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

Wheres  Tiger all I see is a bunch a damn white boys.

cosmodrum

Um, yeah. I would have NO reason to tee it up at that place.
Go away, batin'

gotyacovered

Rory mac=butter swing, don't understand how he doesn't hit it straight everytime he takes a cut

gotyacovered

Kuchar looks awkward in every aspect of the game, including his gait.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: 71832 on August 13, 2010, 04:06:44 pm
Wheres  Tiger all I see is a bunch a damn white boys.

ben branson played pretty well today.  i liked his red shirt.

gotyacovered

Quote from: kingofdequeen on August 13, 2010, 04:23:41 pm
ben branson played pretty well today.  i liked his red shirt.

He putted well also. 

Is whatney a ball striker?

clutch

Hawg414

Hot_Town_Hog

Quote from: gotyacovered on August 13, 2010, 04:43:26 pm
He putted well also. 

Is whatney a ball striker?

Picked him in our last two major pools. He is 27th in driver distance, and 10th in GIR. Very solid ball striker.

majestic

I think I am more accurate off the tee than Woods.  However, I just watched him hit a ball 12 feet from the cup out of the rough, 250 yards out.  I can't do that.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: majestic on August 14, 2010, 02:34:14 pm
I think I am more accurate off the tee than Woods.  However, I just watched him hit a ball 12 feet from the cup out of the rough, 250 yards out.  I can't do that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6MKaOug8lw

oh yeah...

EastexHawg

McIlroy is going to win this thing.  Watney will fall off the pace.

majestic

Did anybody else just watch that interview with Wangchung, the Chinese dude who shot a 64?  That was bizarre.  They would ask him a long question in English and he would answer in Mandarin/Cantonese and then his translator would give the English version.  If he can understand the question in English, why didn't he answer in English.  I think these Natty Lights are screwing with my perception.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: majestic on August 14, 2010, 05:36:54 pm
Did anybody else just watch that interview with Wangchung, the Chinese dude who shot a 64?  That was bizarre.  They would ask him a long question in English and he would answer in Mandarin/Cantonese and then his translator would give the English version.  If he can understand the question in English, why didn't he answer in English.  I think these Natty Lights are screwing with my perception.

me thinks rehearsal and teleprompters were involved...

i was like...DAMN, that interpreter is a badass!  Natty x6.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: EastexHawg on August 14, 2010, 05:12:42 pm
McIlroy is going to win this thing.  Watney will fall off the pace.
what makes you think that?  he is striping it.  All he has to do is quit being aggressive tomorrow and coast in.  Because, obviously, the more aggressive you get the tougher it becomes.

PP

gotyacovered

Wat a good leaderboard.

clutch

I wish Watson and Elkington were paired together because............ "Veterans can kiss his ass"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eDTLapiIoc

Hot_Town_Hog

I didn't like the veterans comment. Understand getting frustrated if Elkington was moving around during Bubba's set-up, but the comment should not have been pointed to all the older golfers. Maybe I need to delete my post from yesterday.

kingofdequeen

ah heck, hot_town, i've cussed you dozens of times.  doesn't mean i don't respect you.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Pulledpork on August 14, 2010, 05:43:02 pm
what makes you think that?  he is striping it.  All he has to do is quit being aggressive tomorrow and coast in.  Because, obviously, the more aggressive you get the tougher it becomes.

PP

Just the way I think it will happen.  I haven't been overly impressed with Watney as a closer so far in his career.  Plus I think McIlroy is a phenom who is on his way to #1 in the world...and sooner rather than later.

Hot_Town_Hog

Quote from: kingofdequeen on August 14, 2010, 11:42:47 pm
ah heck, hot_town, i've cussed you dozens of times.  doesn't mean i don't respect you.

ditto...just bad timing with me talking him up on here, and then seeing him act in a way I would not have expected.

Just to be clear, when you cuss me, do you refer to me as a veteran? Or would that be my Pop that would get that reference?

kingofdequeen

Quote from: Hot_Town_Hog on August 14, 2010, 11:49:30 pm
ditto...just bad timing with me talking him up on here, and then seeing him act in a way I would not have expected.

Just to be clear, when you cuss me, do you refer to me as a veteran? Or would that be my Pop that would get that reference?

i cuss you b/c i envy your good looks.

Hot_Town_Hog

Quote from: kingofdequeen on August 14, 2010, 11:51:23 pm
i cuss you b/c i envy your good looks.

good one there KoD!! I just cuss you when you play better on Sunday's sandman!!!  And yes, you looked damn good with your color coordinated belt and all, and I cussed you a little bit more.

clutch

Quote from: Hot_Town_Hog on August 14, 2010, 11:40:45 pm
I didn't like the veterans comment. Understand getting frustrated if Elkington was moving around during Bubba's set-up, but the comment should not have been pointed to all the older golfers. Maybe I need to delete my post from yesterday.

Yeah me either. I like watching him play and he seems like a good dude, but I have heard that a lot of the players on tour don't really care for him. I don't really know how true that is though. I've also heard that he wasn't the best with the fans either.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: EastexHawg on August 14, 2010, 11:48:32 pm
Just the way I think it will happen.  I haven't been overly impressed with Watney as a closer so far in his career.  Plus I think McIlroy is a phenom who is on his way to #1 in the world...and sooner rather than later.
then hopefully, it will come down to the two of them battling it out! 

PP

EastexHawg

We don't need to hear any of the usual "I hit it good but couldn't make a putt" stuff from Tiger.  He's hit it like a schmuck for four days but has made more than his share of putts.  He ought to be about five over with some of the places he has hit it.

What did he hit when he shot 70 in the second round...something like six greens?  I don't remember exactly, but I think he only had 25 putts. 

After watching this tournament for four days, I think the course is tough...but there aren't any disasters out there.  There aren't any trees so no matter where you hit it you have a clear line of sight to the fairway if not the green.  A terrible shot is probably only going to cost you a bogey.  You're not going to hit a tree in front of you and kick into an even worse situation or maybe out of bounds.  I just don't see the big numbers out there.

clutch

I agree. Tiger has putted a lot better this week. But he is actually in the top 10 in GIR right now. It's just his tee shots that are killing him.

Iwastherein1969

where are the Eldrick apologists' ?  can't wait for the inevitable "well he's still the #1 player in the world" post....if you really believe Eldrick is the best player in the world, my best guess is that you have serious money on Cleveland to win the Super Bowl....the previous post was ALMOST an Eldrick apologist....not quite there yet, however
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

clutch

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on August 15, 2010, 01:19:47 pm
where are the Eldrick apologists' ?  can't wait for the inevitable "well he's still the #1 player in the world" post....if you really believe Eldrick is the best player in the world, my best guess is that you have serious money on Cleveland to win the Super Bowl....the previous post was ALMOST an Eldrick apologist....not quite there yet, however

I'll say it. He IS still the best player in the world. He just isn't playing like it, and hasn't been all year.

Pulled(PP)pork

I refuse to be baited into the discussion.....I'm pulling for my Fresno St. boy, Nick!

PP

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: clutch on August 15, 2010, 01:22:27 pm
I'll say it. He IS still the best player in the world. He just isn't playing like it, and hasn't been all year.
is that sorta like "shoulda, coulda, woulda" ?

clutch

Quote from: Pulledpork on August 15, 2010, 01:24:19 pm
I refuse to be baited into the discussion.....I'm pulling for my Fresno St. boy, Nick!

PP

Pulling for Molder to have a strong showing today.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: clutch on August 15, 2010, 01:25:29 pm
Pulling for Molder to have a strong showing today.
agreed....Molder and McIlroy....I think McIlroy is definitely the future of golf in the world....the kid has all the talent in the world and is only going to get better and better

clutch

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on August 15, 2010, 01:30:51 pm
agreed....Molder and McIlroy....I think McIlroy is definitely the future of golf in the world....the kid has all the talent in the world and is only going to get better and better

You could very well be right. His talent is unbelievable. Every swing he makes looks so good that you expect the ball to go right where he wanted it to every time. If he doesn't win today, he will get his in the near future. Then he will probably get multiple more.

EastexHawg

Where are you finding stats for the tournament?  PGATour.com is usually great for stats and play by play, but in the majors it sucks.  It's like reading a newspaper.

clutch

Quote from: EastexHawg on August 15, 2010, 01:35:40 pm
Where are you finding stats for the tournament?  PGATour.com is usually great for stats and play by play, but in the majors it sucks.  It's like reading a newspaper.

I just heard that stat mentioned earlier while watching it. I tried to find them also but never could.

clutch

No surprise that they just said Tiger is dead last in fairways hit this week. Less than 40%

Pulled(PP)pork

lets not forget Dustin Johnson, nice shot!

PP

EastexHawg

Quote from: clutch on August 15, 2010, 01:22:27 pm

All Tiger hating aside, I have to ask.  How can you be the best player in the world if you're not playing anywhere near the best?  What would you base your ranking on?  Potential? 

Here's the thing about Tiger's ranking.  Mickelson hasn't been able to take advantage of his opportunities to overtake him, but if Woods keeps playing the way he is it's not just going to be a matter of what Phil does.  It won't be just one guy who passes him, it will be a lot of players.

How anyone can watch the way he is playing and envision him winning anything, let alone majors, is beyond me.  It seems to be more wishful thinking than reality.

Remember, this is the week that his head was really supposed to be in it.  He was a "contender" going into the weekend and he's trying to play his way into the Ryder Cup.  And yet he's not just missing fairways, he is missing them by 30 yards.  Some of the places he is hitting it are unbelievable for any tour player, not just Tiger.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: EastexHawg on August 15, 2010, 01:44:04 pm
All Tiger hating aside, I have to ask.  How can you be the best player in the world if you're not playing anywhere near the best?  What would you base your ranking on?  Potential? 

Here's the thing about Tiger's ranking.  Mickelson hasn't been able to take advantage of his opportunities to overtake him, but if Woods keeps playing the way he is it's not just going to be a matter of what Phil does.  It won't be just one guy who passes him, it will be a lot of players.

How anyone can watch the way he is playing and envision him winning anything, let alone majors, is beyond me.  It seems to be more wishful thinking than reality.

Remember, this is the week that his head was really supposed to be in it.  He was a "contender" going into the weekend and he's trying to play his way into the Ryder Cup.  And yet he's not just missing fairways, he is missing them by 30 yards.  Some of the places he is hitting it are unbelievable for any tour player, not just Tiger.
I'll be the first to admit, he isn't the same Tiger we have all been accustomed to.  But I don't believe he is done, career wise, as some have said.  He has some stuff to figure out, get a swing guru involved (full time) and start over next year.  His heart isn't in it, obviously.

PP