Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2010 Regional and Super Regional Game Thread

Started by Hogtropolis™, June 04, 2010, 09:43:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

losthawg68

Quote from: Stang1970 on June 13, 2010, 12:42:56 am
OH because you played college ball you can coach better than DVH in a NCAA Super Regional at the #1 team in the country.  Prove it.  FAIL
Quote from: cubsfan5150 on June 13, 2010, 12:44:26 am
Didn't play very long eh... 22 y/o and out of baseball?

lay off, he made a good point.

and also, EAMUS CATULI!
Re:  I just came into some money...
Quote from: cosmodrum on April 01, 2011, 01:34:40 pm
Why money...didn't have a sock or tissue handy?

Quote from: Slacker on August 14, 2012, 10:57:10 pm
God Damn you Lost....

HOG FAN 4 LIFE

Quote from: Stang1970 on June 13, 2010, 12:42:56 am
OH because you played college ball you can coach better than DVH in a NCAA Super Regional at the #1 team in the country.  Prove it.  FAIL
Ummm ok?  I was talking more in the lines of being smarter than you about the subject. 
Go Hogs! Go Rangers! Go Cowboys! Go Mavs! Go Stars!

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

June 13, 2010, 12:46:45 am #4852 Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 12:49:03 am by HoneyNuttPetrinoos
alot of things come to mind bringing in eibner..  one u lose cox's bat in the 11th and then once eibner pitch count gets up there the next pitcher coming in becomes the dh.  we couldnt have done that.  we just got hosed and we walked to many and struck out too much..  that's baseball, u walk some and u get k'd some..  we just have to bounce bk tom night on espn 2

code red

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on June 13, 2010, 12:35:08 am
Even with the horrible umpiring we still should have won. We dropped the bloop fly ball, we threw the ball into center field when it should have been a double play. Fielding errors cost us. If we take care of business, even Perry Costello couldnt have beaten us. This just hurts cuz it was ours. It was set up for Smyly to take us to Omaha, now to beat them twice in a row with all the pitching they have, that will be a tall order. Tonight was the night to steal one
Good summary....when you read this you realize it wasn't a bad dream.  I hope we get one win in Tempe, but, Eibner and Cox will be worn out tomorrow.  No Pratt or Eibner in relief.  We got their #2 they are Jacked up.  Why do we always make it closer than it has to be?  We should have won 6-3 easy.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Stang1970

Quote from: losthawg68 on June 13, 2010, 12:46:06 am
lay off, he made a good point.

and also, EAMUS CATULI!

And what point did he prove, other than that he played college ball and no does not have anything to do with college ball.  SO he can coach better than DVH.  Dont see how he proved anything by saying he played college ball.  I know people that have not played college ball know as much as people that has played college ball.

hogwild32

Quote from: chiefsfan on June 13, 2010, 12:42:41 am
Huh?  he had thrown 1 inning in the past 2 weeks and he did that with a 6 run lead ...  he had 1 blown save and 1 save coming in to the game

Van Horn has said several times this year that PRatt is the closer.  Eibner is wayy too risky to throw out there over Pratt. 

Alright.  I would've put Eibner in to start the btm of the 9th.  You would've stayed with Pratt.  Guess what, you just let the game get tied and THEN brought in the guy that I would've started off with to keep the winning run from scoring.  Sounds like, to me, if you have confidence enough to bring in Eibner with the lead run in scoring position, you bring him in to start the 9th and save the game.

Lol!  I guess I just think differently.  Agree to disagree?  It's 12:50am

HOG FAN 4 LIFE

Quote from: cubsfan5150 on June 13, 2010, 12:44:26 am
Didn't play very long eh... 22 y/o and out of baseball?
What?  You know what happens after 4 years of college?  You graduate.  I played for 4 years.  I'll be 23 in a month.  I've been in grad school the past year.  I'm sorry I used up my eligibility and graduated on time.

Spider-Pig

I love the whole 'what if' situations

Pratt was doing fine and the batter hit it off the end of the bat and it landed it the right spot

Here's a 'what if'... What if the ump didnt call batters interference in the 1st or the 11th? We might have scored another run with a runner a second and Wilkins up

Gotta move on to tomorrow.. Do work Smyly

chiefsfan

Quote from: HOG FAN 4 LIFE on June 13, 2010, 12:45:08 am
Dude Pratt was tired and the lineup has seen him through a couple times.  Usually closers can only throw 2 innings max.  How come everyone but you thought Eibner should have been in the game?  Did you not hear the commentators?  All logic pointed to going with Eibner in the ninth.  I don't care what Pratt says or thinks.

You do realize that the announcers had no idea right.  DVH said in every press conference prior to this regional that Pratt is the closer.  With Eibner as a backup in case they have to go to Pratt too early

Before the 9th inning Pratt had thrown 3 pitches plus 1 inning.   considering he's been a 2-3 inning guy all year, I have no idea where you get that he was tired from.  if he was tired, thats Pratt's fault

you may be a former college player..,.but that doesnt mean you know anything about coaching or how the situation works.
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Stang1970

Quote from: HOG FAN 4 LIFE on June 13, 2010, 12:46:39 am
Ummm ok?  I was talking more in the lines of being smarter than you about the subject.

Well, again I still dont see how you playing college ball proved you know more than me by saying DVH left Pratt in too long because he gave up the tying run in the 9th.  You or noone else knows what would have happened if Eibner came in to start the 9th. So playing college ball does automatically give you the ability to know that fact.

jbcarol

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on June 13, 2010, 12:45:38 am
Left a message.  "Worst game I have EVER seen umpired, you should be ashamed of yourself".

Couldn't threaten an innocent victim.  Did get a date.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

so we not have a lefty pitcher against all those lefty batters that they have..  Are some of those guys switch hitters??

Spikes

I just left Mr Perry a very political and intellectual voice mail, I just hope he could understand me.
You only have one life, so you better enjoy it!

chiefsfan

Quote from: hogwild32 on June 13, 2010, 12:48:43 am
Alright.  I would've put Eibner in to start the btm of the 9th.  You would've stayed with Pratt.  Guess what, you just let the game get tied and THEN brought in the guy that I would've started off with to keep the winning run from scoring.  Sounds like, to me, if you have confidence enough to bring in Eibner with the lead run in scoring position, you bring him in to start the 9th and save the game.

Lol!  I guess I just think differently.  Agree to disagree?  It's 12:50am

you still dont understand this at all.  The point is every decision you make in college baseball is debateable.   

The fact is if Jordan Pratt had gotten that last out in the 9th everyone on this board would be praising DVH for making such a smart decision staying with him

There is no guarantee at all that Eibner pitches a perfect 9th
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

losthawg68

Quote from: Stang1970 on June 13, 2010, 12:47:49 am
And what point did he prove, other than that he played college ball and no does not have anything to do with college ball.  SO he can coach better than DVH.  Dont see how he proved anything by saying he played college ball.  I know people that have not played college ball know as much as people that has played college ball.

he had a valid opinion, which he is entitled to.  don't let a message board raise your blood pressure.  calm down.

God Damn you Lost....

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

the announcers were calling him the closer bc van horn told them that if we had a lead that eibner will be used as a closer this regional..  they said that just about the whole game..  just in the 9th it got irritating

losthawg68

Quote from: Stang1970 on June 13, 2010, 12:49:40 am
Well, again I still dont see how you playing college ball proved you know more than me by saying DVH left Pratt in too long because he gave up the tying run in the 9th.  You or noone else knows what would have happened if Eibner came in to start the 9th. So playing college ball does automatically give you the ability to know that fact.

i have come to the conclusion that you are an idiot not worth arguing with.

God Damn you Lost....

Stang1970

Quote from: losthawg68 on June 13, 2010, 12:53:05 am
he had a valid opinion, which he is entitled to.  don't let a message board raise your blood pressure.  calm down.

I dont let any game raise my blood pressure.  I just dont think anyone knows what Eibner would have done if he started the 9th.  This guy thinks just because he played college ball he knows what would happen better than anyone else.

HOG FAN 4 LIFE

Quote from: Stang1970 on June 13, 2010, 12:47:49 am
Pretty much every coach or commentator in sports is someone who has played college and better yet pro ball in their sport.  But you're right experience means nothing when it comes to knowledge and coaching.

Stang1970

Quote from: losthawg68 on June 13, 2010, 12:54:59 am
i have come to the conclusion that you are an idiot not worth arguing with.

Well I will be classy enough to not call you names because I dont know you.  Just because you dont agree with me is no reason to call me names.

Stang1970

Quote from: HOG FAN 4 LIFE on June 13, 2010, 12:56:05 am
Pretty much every coach or commentator in sports is someone who has played college and better yet pro ball in their sport.  But you're right experience means nothing when it comes to knowledge and coaching.

Thank you.  That is all I was trying to say.  I was not doubting anything you did as a ball player.  You may have very well been a good player for all I know.  I respect your opinion but some of it I might not agree with.

chiefsfan

it does mean nothing to coaching.  Being a college baseball player doesnt make you a coach.  its a different game completely as a coach.  likewise just because you have no playing experience doesnt mean that you cant coach.

I imagine at some point in your baseball career you made a play that cost your team a game...   How did you deal with the fans who called you an idiot and a choker and everything else

HOG FAN 4 LIFE

Quote from: Stang1970 on June 13, 2010, 12:58:06 am
Thank you.  That is all I was trying to say.  I was not doubting anything you did as a ball player.  You may have very well been a good player for all I know.  I respect your opinion but some of it I might not agree with.
Fine with me.  I'm glad I've been arguing with people on here.  I was so pissed at the end of the game.  This relieved me of that.  haha

Stang1970

Quote from: HOG FAN 4 LIFE on June 13, 2010, 01:00:26 am
Fine with me.  I'm glad I've been arguing with people on here.  I was so pissed at the end of the game.  This relieved me of that.  haha

Well with me I hate to see the Hogs lose especially when I feel the ump behind the plate was very very bad but I dont go to bed mad or anything like that.

losthawg68

Quote from: Stang1970 on June 13, 2010, 12:56:57 am
Well I will be classy enough to not call you names because I dont know you.  Just because you dont agree with me is no reason to call me names.

not that at all.  you called out hog fan for no reason.  admittedly, i said he made a valid point earlier thinking it was someone else that made the comment that i was thinking of.  yes, i called you an idiot.  if that offends you then will retract it, not that it changes the fact that you called out someone for no good reason.  he threw out an opinion and you tried to dog him for it, therefore, i called you an idiot.  and i still believe it to be so... unless you've been drinking.  then we all say/ do things that we don't mean.

God Damn you Lost....

cubsfan5150

2 things... part of the reason that just about every coach played ball at the college/minor/pro level is that once you have you're foot in the door, you can stay there.  Just like Derek Braunacker (sp?) told me when I was discussing becoming an agent with him, you have to have a foot in the door first, you don't normally just get a coaching/agent job because you want to.

Second thing is, there are the Mike Leach's of the world that are able to force their way in even though, other than the fact that they know the game inside and out, they have no normal reason to be there.  I've been watching/playing baseball for 22-23 years, and feel like I know the game as well as anyone. 

Pratt made a good pitch (high hard inside fastball) with 2 strikes and the guy got very lucky.  If he taps it any harder, then Wilkins probably makes the play.  If he taps it any closer to the pitcher then maybe Pratt makes the play.  It was luckily placed perfectly.
QuoteWest Side Rooter wrote:

Always best to talk [expletive] about a team when you don't have to face them again.

I'd do the same. LaRussa's a nutjob and would probably throw at his head.
ETA: A bottle of wine, not a baseball.
ETA: Empty bottle, obviously.

Stang1970

Quote from: losthawg68 on June 13, 2010, 01:02:21 am
not that at all.  you called out hog fan for no reason.  admittedly, i said he made a valid point earlier thinking it was someone else that made the comment that i was thinking of.  yes, i called you an idiot.  if that offends you then will retract it, not that it changes the fact that you called out someone for no good reason.  he threw out an opinion and you tried to dog him for it, therefore, i called you an idiot.  and i still believe it to be so... unless you've been drinking.  then we all say/ do things that we don't mean.

I was just trying to make a point that being a former player of a sport does not mean you know more than someone that did not play the sport.  That was my  point and Hog Fan understands that.

losthawg68

Quote from: Stang1970 on June 13, 2010, 01:03:44 am
I was just trying to make a point that being a former player of a sport does not mean you know more than someone that did not play the sport.  That was my  point and Hog Fan understands that.

cool.  i'm good, you good?  i'm good.  i need more beer.

God Damn you Lost....

Stang1970

Quote from: losthawg68 on June 13, 2010, 01:04:57 am
cool.  i'm good, you good?  i'm good.  i need more beer.

I was always good.  Never got mad just was having a discussion that is all.  You made it a little personal which I did not understand.

UltimateHog

Do we score 3 runs tomorrow before we catch the flight?

Our hitting was flat out brutal when it really mattered.

We coulda went 20 innings tonight, and likely not have scored.

From baserunning, to fielding, to hitting mid/late in the game, we did not play well enough, or even close, to win this type of game.

I'm 100% disappointed in this team and coaching staff, we had this ball game, and blew it, on the biggest of stages, and on major TV.
Quote from: cityhog on January 14, 2012, 04:48:21 pm
I'll honestly be shocked if CMA ever goes above .500 in conference play as coach here.

chiefsfan

Quote from: UltimateHog on June 13, 2010, 01:07:01 am
Do we score 3 runs tomorrow before we catch the flight?

Our hitting was flat out brutal when it really mattered.

We coulda went 20 innings tonight, and likely not have scored.

From baserunning, to fielding, to hitting mid/late in the game, we did not play well enough, or even close, to win this type of game.

I'm 100% disappointed in this team and coaching staff, we had this ball game, and blew it, on the biggest of stages, and on major TV.

Youre disappointed in a team for losing a 12 inning Super Regional game on the road to the #1 team in the country?

Geez tough crowd

losthawg68

Quote from: Stang1970 on June 13, 2010, 01:05:57 am
I was always good.  Never got mad just was having a discussion that is all.  You made it a little personal which I did not understand.

wasn't trying to, i'm an interwebz tough guy is all.  really though, i think i misread something and was coming to someone's defense when i thought they were being wrongfully criticized.  no worries here.

God Damn you Lost....

UltimateHog

Quote from: chiefsfan on June 13, 2010, 01:08:44 am
Youre disappointed in a team for losing a 12 inning Super Regional game on the road to the #1 team in the country?

Geez tough crowd

ABSOLUTELY.
Quote from: cityhog on January 14, 2012, 04:48:21 pm
I'll honestly be shocked if CMA ever goes above .500 in conference play as coach here.

Wahls

The thing that bothers me is that Bolsinger is still getting starts after he's been inconsistent all season.

The other thing is the batters interference. You are guaranteed the box, as well as a reasonable amount of momentum on a swinging strike. By rule, Eibner should have been fine both times. He's 6'4 for Christ's sake.

In the end, we need Smyly for 7 to even have a chance, and that scrappy SOB Forrest to go 6 in game 3. We lost a lot of opportunities to put them away. They didn't impress me at the plate, and they were handed EVERY run they got either by us or Costello. It's just another team. Go out and take care of business.

WPS :razorback:
Quote from: A.Ziffle on April 20, 2012, 10:39:01 pm
You have two kinds of tough guys... those that do it from behind a keyboard, and those that juggle soap in prison just to show they're a fearless bastard.

losthawg68

Quote from: chiefsfan on June 13, 2010, 01:08:44 am

Geez tough crowd

i'm disappointed, but not in our team.  i don't feel we got a fair shake.  but, we did make mistakes in the field that could have overcome some of the adversity.  overall, it was an exciting game.

God Damn you Lost....

chiefsfan

Quote from: losthawg68 on June 13, 2010, 01:11:35 am
i'm disappointed, but not in our team.  i don't feel we got a fair shake.  but, we did make mistakes in the field that could have overcome some of the adversity.  overall, it was an exciting game.

And most of that has still been caused by a back injury to Cox.

I guarantee you if Cox is healthy enough to play the field that a couple of those errors dont happen

losthawg68

Quote from: chiefsfan on June 13, 2010, 01:13:21 am

I guarantee you if Cox is healthy enough to play the field that a couple of those errors dont happen

maybe so.  regardless, i enjoyed being able to watch.  like the commentators said, that was THE game to be watching tonight.

God Damn you Lost....

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: chiefsfan on June 13, 2010, 12:52:58 am
you still dont understand this at all.  The point is every decision you make in college baseball is debateable.   

The fact is if Jordan Pratt had gotten that last out in the 9th everyone on this board would be praising DVH for making such a smart decision staying with him

There is no guarantee at all that Eibner pitches a perfect 9th
totally agree, that swinging bunt or slow roller or spinner off the leather handle of McPhee's bat was just flat out luck, Pratt threw a perfect pitch and they got lucky...now the Ump was squeezing Heatley for some unknown reason.....but the 9th inning was just flat out unlucky for the Hogs....we out played them but lost....same old story
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

PoconoHog

Wish I could be on here with all you folks to cheer the Hogs on to the CWS. Alas....I'll be cheering the Hogs from the hotel in CT tonight.
If the season ends here....enjoyed spending a few hours most weekends with the majority of the people in this forum.
Go Hogs!!!
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

Wahls

Quote from: tallahasseehog on June 13, 2010, 04:51:32 am
Lucky me watched the game with 3 ASU grads.  Made me sick.  They didn't rub it in, but it still sucked watching that with them.

What was their opinion on the umpiring?
Quote from: A.Ziffle on April 20, 2012, 10:39:01 pm
You have two kinds of tough guys... those that do it from behind a keyboard, and those that juggle soap in prison just to show they're a fearless bastard.

brutus

What a JOKE, for a HOME PLARE UMPIRE!!!  What a CROOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hogtropolis™

Game Time:
9:00 p.m.

Team Records:
Arkansas: (43-20)
Arizona St.: (51-8)

Team Leader in Batting Average:
Arkansas: Zack Cox - .427
Arizona St.: Riccio Torrez - .404

Team Leader in Home Runs:
Arkansas: Brett Eibner - 21
Arizona St.: Kole Calhoun - 17

Team Leader in RBI:
Arkansas: Brett Eibner - 70
Arizona St.: Zack MacPhee - 64

Starting Pitchers:
Arkansas: LHP Drew Smyly - 9-1, 2.56 ERA, 108 SO
Arizona St.: RHP Merrill Kelly - 10-2, 3.52 ERA, 70 SO

diehardrbackfan

June 13, 2010, 04:59:50 pm #4892 Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 10:52:27 pm by diehardrbackfan

Hog4Ever09

TCU is leading Texas 3-0 top 8th...good game

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Hog4Ever09 on June 13, 2010, 05:10:20 pm
TCU is leading Texas 3-0 top 8th...good game

Yep.  4-0 now, TCU just clocked another HR.  Looks like the Frogs will make the trip to Omaha.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmtophawg19 stalks my posts like a crazed lunatic.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on June 13, 2010, 03:06:54 pm
Game Time:
9:00 p.m.

Team Records:
Arkansas: (43-20)
Arizona St.: (51-8)

Team Leader in Batting Average:
Arkansas: Zack Cox - .427
Arizona St.: Riccio Torrez - .404

Team Leader in Home Runs:
Arkansas: Brett Eibner - 21
Arizona St.: Kole Calhoun - 17

Team Leader in RBI:
Arkansas: Brett Eibner - 70
Arizona St.: Zack MacPhee - 64

Starting Pitchers:
Arkansas: LHP Drew Smyly - 9-1, 2.56 ERA, 108 SO
Arizona St.: RHP Merrill Kelly - 10-2, 3.52 ERA, 70 SO

And Costello is working 1st base tonight
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmtophawg19 stalks my posts like a crazed lunatic.

chiro_hawg

bsking

Quote from: rlh06 on June 13, 2010, 05:44:38 pm
And Costello is working 1st base tonight

Hopefully he went over the game film and realized he owes us a few.  Like 30.

Hawgballz

Quote from: chiefsfan on June 13, 2010, 01:13:21 am

This could not be more on point.  At a minimum if Cox is at 3rd, the game ends with the check swing in the 9th because Cox makes that play, period.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Hog4Ever09

Hah uuuhhh Clemson leads Bama 19-4 in the 7th...about that...