Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2010 Regional and Super Regional Game Thread

Started by Hogtropolis™, June 04, 2010, 09:43:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

gumbohog

Great job Hogs...gotta love the guts of Forrest and then Smyly...and Eibner bringing heat to close it out with a broken hand and a hammy.   :razorback:

PoconoHog

I was a little slow a couple of times on getting things posted...accidently hit the "post" button twice and kind of frooze things up for a moment....
It's been a lot of fun....hope Hogs can take care of business and continue on to Omaha..
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

pigture perfect

Great game tonight. Thanks for sharing. This is a fun thread with lots of good characters.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Dropkick

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Shag66 on June 07, 2010, 10:08:30 pm
Thanks for the PBP!

WPS! 

Let's go soak up some dry heat!

Shag, maybe I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue but I think your avatar is thankfully a few seconds longer on the zipper. Either way, I've been watching it over and over and over again. :D
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmtophawg19 stalks my posts like a crazed lunatic.

PoconoHog

Around the 8th inning....I checked and we had 900+ people following the thread...counting members and guests
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

Dropkick

Might as well have been drinking Mountain Dew.........i am all jacked up

jbcarol

Who had Hogs pitching staff holding this team to two runs tonite?

Great job by the Hogs.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

1967 Grad

Quote from: HoginMemphis on June 07, 2010, 10:11:02 pm
Pitching and defense were much better tonight. Good win. Well deserved.

OMG, I cannot believe it.  WTG HiM!!!! See, it doesn't hurt to say something positive about the Hogs. Go Hogs Go!!!!

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: PoconoHog on June 07, 2010, 10:19:33 pm
Around the 8th inning....I checked and we had 900+ people following the thread...counting members and guests

Everyone knew you were back in the saddle tonight.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmtophawg19 stalks my posts like a crazed lunatic.

PoconoHog

I hope to be around for at least one game of the Super Regional's...I fly out to CT on Sunday morning....

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: PoconoHog on June 07, 2010, 10:23:55 pm
I hope to be around for at least one game of the Super Regional's...I fly out to CT on Sunday morning....

Take care PH!
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Razorback7281

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
Quote from: talley on September 17, 2015, 09:53:38 am
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.
Quote from: Lanny on October 16, 2015, 07:37:58 am
Good job everyone except Faldon.

Bluff Hog

Just got back from the game. It was an awesome atmosphere tonight. Crowd was great. 

You could tell in the 1st inning after we strung together those 3 runs that this team meant business.

CambridgeHog

The schedule for the super (all times Central):

Game 1:
Arkansas v. Arizona State - Saturday @ 8:00 pm on ESPNU

Game 2:
Arizona State v. Arkansas - Sunday @ 9:00 pm on ESPN2

Game 3: (if necessary)
Arkansas v. Arizona State - Monday @ 6:00 pm on ESPN2

pigture perfect

To the WSU posters who made fun of us being fat and eating fried things on a stick, It will be our fat behinds going to Arizona and filling up those seats.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

chiefsfan

Because im getting really good at these coincidences

Arkansas has won 4 regionals since the field expanded to 64.  All for Regionals had a team with the WSU moniker playing in them.    Out of those 4 wins.  The only time Arkansas did not face that team with the WSU moniker they went on to lose supers.    The other two times they beat the WSU team they have made Omaha
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

SteveInArk

Quote from: PoconoHog on June 07, 2010, 10:23:55 pm

Have a good trip... and thanks for the excellent PBP. +1
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

Dropkick

Headline in tomorrows Jonesboro Sun:

ASU to host Razorbacks!

eathill5

Quote from: Dropkick on June 07, 2010, 10:46:44 pm
Headline in tomorrows Jonesboro Sun:

ASU to host Razorbacks!

+1 for the drop kick to chiefsfan nut sack.
Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on December 30, 2010, 02:51:51 am
He is a bad person... I read this thread specifically to say this.
Gus doesn't love Arkansas, you, or Jesus. Only Gus.
Get over it.
Quote from: swoopeshog on January 08, 2011, 09:36:34 pm
guvhog and band geek are both idiots

Dropkick

eathill5

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on December 30, 2010, 02:51:51 am
He is a bad person... I read this thread specifically to say this.
Gus doesn't love Arkansas, you, or Jesus. Only Gus.
Get over it.
Quote from: swoopeshog on January 08, 2011, 09:36:34 pm
guvhog and band geek are both idiots

omahawg#17

Man, Washington State was freaking tough. Great way to prepare us for ASU. It's better to be lucky than good, hopefully we can pull it out.
Speak softly and carry a big stick.

deshahawg

What was the line. I just got on where I could see what happened?

chiefsfan

Quote from: eathill5 on June 07, 2010, 10:53:37 pm
and he is an Ark St. fan so guilty by association.

Watch it.  I have been known to flood inboxes on here with enough ASU material that it takes weeks to remove
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

FraggleHog

Just wanted to let y'all know that I was following the game the whole night. Had some work to take care of so I couldn't participate in the convo but great job on the pBp Pocono... It's always a pleasure to follow it. For the most part, convincing win by the Hogs. TJ, Smyly and Eibner all were studs. Congrats on Cox joining the Cards! Can't wait to see him in Busch Stadium with the STL on his cap. Go Hogs and we'll see ya'll in Tempe. Fraggle signing out.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

GuvHog

I wonder if DVH has enough confidence in Forrest to start the pitchers this way against Arizona State:

Saturday :Smyly
Sunday: Forrest
Monday: Bolsinger or Eibner

Here lately, Forrest has been money in the bank!
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

FraggleHog

Quote from: GUVHOG on June 08, 2010, 12:45:19 pm
I wonder if DVH has enough confidence in Forrest to start the pitchers this way against Arizona State:

Saturday :Smyly
Sunday: Forrest
Monday: Bolsinger or Eibner

Here lately, Forrest has been money in the bank!

I say switch Forrest and Bols wit Eibner coming in as relief  (if healthy enough)

GuvHog

Quote from: FraggleHog on June 08, 2010, 01:00:14 pm
I say switch Forrest and Bols wit Eibner coming in as relief  (if healthy enough)

Why would you do that? Bolsinger didn't do well at all as a starter Sunday night.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

TuckFexas

Quote from: GUVHOG on June 08, 2010, 01:05:44 pm
Why would you do that? Bolsinger didn't do well at all as a starter Sunday night.

Experience. Ability. Mike is the type of pitcher that can bounce back from that bad outing and throw a gem like he did @ Ole Miss a few weeks ago.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

FraggleHog

Quote from: GUVHOG on June 08, 2010, 01:05:44 pm

I'm just sayin I feel better with Forrest starting the Monday game if Bols can't get it done on Sunday. Bolsinger has been streaky and hopefully he does well on Sunday, but if he doesn't, then I feel good about Forrest Monday.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: TuckFexas on June 08, 2010, 01:08:02 pm
Experience. Ability. Mike is the type of pitcher that can bounce back from that bad outing and throw a gem like he did @ Ole Miss a few weeks ago.
totally agree with this....Bolsinger can beat anyone when he has his best stuff
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Wahls

The only thing about Bolsinger is that his stuff looked awesome the other night (I made several comments on it) and his fastball was cutting super hard, but he wasn't hitting spots. He probably trotted out there with his B game and gave up 5 earned.

That scares me.
Quote from: A.Ziffle on April 20, 2012, 10:39:01 pm
You have two kinds of tough guys... those that do it from behind a keyboard, and those that juggle soap in prison just to show they're a fearless bastard.

Hogtropolis™

Game Time:
8:00 p.m.

Team Records:
Arkansas: (43-19)
Arizona St.: (50-8)

Team Leader in Batting Average:
Arkansas: Zack Cox - .427
Arizona St.: Riccio Torrez - .404

Team Leader in Home Runs:
Arkansas: Brett Eibner - 21
Arizona St.: Kole Calhoun - 16

Team Leader in RBI:
Arkansas: Brett Eibner - 69
Arizona St.: Zack MacPhee - 63

Starting Pitchers:
Arkansas: RHP Mike Bolsinger - 6-5, 4.77 ERA, 75 SO
Arizona St.: RHP Seth Blair - 12-0, 3.06 ERA, 98 SO

FraggleHog

Go Hogs! Minimize the E's, bring out the big bats and I like our chances this weekend.

Shag66

WPS! 

I hear Omaha is nice this time of year!

Let's just go ahead and sweep ASU so we get a day off!  :)

hawaiianhogster

I'll miss the game live but I have the game recording on my DVR. Don't disappoint us Hogs. Pull out an upset win over the number one seed and team in the nation. WPS.

PoconoHog

I can help do the PBP tonight...but I won't be around to help Sunday or Monday (if necessary). Due to the possible concerns of "bad" karma for not having consistency....do I not get involved with the PBP tonight and let someone who is available for all the games do it?

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

PigWig

hog.goblin

Following on my phone
during a wedding...got my priorities straight.

jbcarol

Quote from: hog.goblin on June 12, 2010, 05:41:55 pm
Following on my phone
during a wedding...got my priorities straight.

Wish the bride our best and congrats!

Hogtropolis™

Go ahead and pbp tonight pocono. I think chiefsfan told me he can take it tomorrow and Monday (if necessary).

capehog

Hope everyone is enjoying their pregame meal, has the favorite beverage ready, packed the wife, kids, gf, dog, cat and anyone else off to The WalMart, Macys, Dillards, or any other place to keep them out of the way for the next 3 hours.

Go Hogs Beat Devils
Quote from: Fatty McGee on October 26, 2010, 03:19:41 pm
I think we should beat anyone who has ideas that we disagree with and dares to make the public.  You're right on here.
Quote from: Overtheroadtruckdriver on April 28, 2010, 05:34:48 pm
Everyone and their dog on here turned in to dr. Phil. That's my favorite part. Everybody had advice. If I ever need advice, which is doubtful, hogville will be the last place I come for it.

Watching the rockets launch from the beach is way cool. Time for a new NASA to continue the mission. Crying shame we have a president that hates America. You people get what you deserve  #obamasfault

PoconoHog

capehog

POCO you all warmed - up got your typing shoes on and ready to call another VICTORY?
I think we should beat anyone who has ideas that we disagree with and dares to make the public.  You're right on here.
Everyone and their dog on here turned in to dr. Phil. That's my favorite part. Everybody had advice. If I ever need advice, which is doubtful, hogville will be the last place I come for it.

Watching the rockets launch from the beach is way cool. Time for a new NASA to continue the mission. Crying shame we have a president that hates America. You people get what you deserve  #obamasfault

TuckFexas

The 2010 National Title run begins tonight. Shut 'em down and shut 'em up Bolsinger. Open up a can of whoop ass Zack, Brett, Andy, et al. Apparently several devoted Hog fans made the trip out there with you guys, I hope to hear the Hog Call over and over again tonight. Make us proud!! WPS!!
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

capehog

Hope we see them ASU girls in tight low cut tank tops too.