Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2010 Regional and Super Regional Game Thread

Started by Hogtropolis™, June 04, 2010, 09:43:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HOGSWEAT

Quote from: HoginMemphis on June 06, 2010, 10:30:44 pm
13 hits and 10 runs by Wash State. What is wrong with Hogs' pitching? Or was it defense?

It was defense.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmtophawg19 stalks my posts like a crazed lunatic.

Oliver

Wonderful Sunday night...

Lakers stuff the bed.

Hogs stuff the bed.

Now a good kick in the nuts to complete the trifecta and back to work tomorrow.

TNhawgfan

I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Boardon Hamsay

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   R   H   E
Wash St.       1   0   1   0   5   0   0   3   0  10 14  1
Razorbacks    0   0   1   0   2   2   1   1   0   7  10  3

Deciding game tomorrow night
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmtophawg19 stalks my posts like a crazed lunatic.

capehog

Quote from: Fatty McGee on October 26, 2010, 03:19:41 pm
I think we should beat anyone who has ideas that we disagree with and dares to make the public.  You're right on here.
Quote from: Overtheroadtruckdriver on April 28, 2010, 05:34:48 pm
Everyone and their dog on here turned in to dr. Phil. That's my favorite part. Everybody had advice. If I ever need advice, which is doubtful, hogville will be the last place I come for it.

Watching the rockets launch from the beach is way cool. Time for a new NASA to continue the mission. Crying shame we have a president that hates America. You people get what you deserve  #obamasfault

deshahawg

The defense wasn't to great today. Hopefully we weill pick it up tomorrow.

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

HognotinMemphis

Nice whiff on ball 1 to end the game. If Wash St beats the Hogs tomorrow night, the Hogs deserve to have their season over.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HOGSWEAT

trippigs

Well, we can look at this like extra Hog baseball. But, sure would have liked a win.

See ya Monday.

Boardon Hamsay

Couldn't handle bunts all night and the 8th inning fiasco did us in.  Gotta get back to basics and take care of business tomorrow night

UAfan

If Heatley can pitch like he did at the SEC tourney, we should get the W tomorrow, but dadgum WState's tough.

Boardon Hamsay

UAfan

Quote from: rlh06 on June 06, 2010, 10:35:40 pm
Couldn't handle bunts all night and the 8th inning fiasco did us in.  Gotta get back to basics and take care of business tomorrow night
Why don't we ever bunt anymore.  They absolutely killed us on bunting and made us pay.

hog.goblin

I agree, getting beat tomorrow night is a very logical way to end the season.  But their pitching will be razor thin.  If hogs can play defense and get average pitching we'll win.  IF.  But I'm hopeful.

Stang1970

Quote from: rlh06 on June 06, 2010, 10:36:13 pm
Hope Eibner is back tomorrow night as well.

You really think DVH will not start Eibner in a game that could end our season?

Hogs GoneWild

Quote from: Stang1970 on June 06, 2010, 10:37:43 pm
You really think DVH will not start Eibner in a game that could end our season?

He should have started tonight in my opinion. The top of the order didn't do squat tonight. Cox wet himself, Wilkins just isn't feeling it. We needed Eibner tonight.

lookawayquick

Starting pitching and defense were not good tonight.  Hogs better figure out how to handle bunts if they are to win tomorrow night.  A little infield practice tomorrow afternoon may be on the agenda.  Go Hogs!

chiefsfan

Well the good news is cox and wilkins had bad nights. Eibner was hurt and bolsinger was awful.   

And arkansas still only lost by 3.   Play for all the marbles tomorrow
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

hogman64

Eibner didnt play , Wilkins and Cox had their worst games of the  year the same night. Tomorrow night cant be this bad.

deshahawg

We should definately work on bunting situations tomorrow before the game that's for sure.

Hogs GoneWild

3kgthog

Cox looks hurt, our infield was vomitous, and the freakin WSU right fielder went Albert Pujols on us. Just beat their arse tomorrow night and gloat over LSU being sent packing.

RD

Seems we were just a tad bit overconfident tonight. Hope these boys realize what is on the line tomorrow.

FraggleHog

We'll be celebrating tomorrow about this time... See you tomorrow night.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

RD

Quote from: HoginMemphis on June 06, 2010, 10:33:41 pm
Nice whiff on ball 1 to end the game. If Wash St beats the Hogs tomorrow night, the Hogs deserve to have their season over.
Choke on sharp glass. You make me sick.

RD

Quote from: FraggleHog on June 06, 2010, 10:55:34 pm
We'll be celebrating tomorrow about this time... See you tomorrow night.
We said that last night as well, let's not be so overconfident.

Stang1970

Quote from: RD on June 06, 2010, 10:53:53 pm
Seems we were just a tad bit overconfident tonight. Hope these boys realize what is on the line tomorrow.

Because we lost that means we were overconfident.  Maybe it was because Washington St. outplayed us tonight.  I seriously doubt we went into the game overconfident.

Stang1970

Quote from: Hogs GoneWild on June 06, 2010, 10:39:46 pm
He should have started tonight in my opinion. The top of the order didn't do squat tonight. Cox wet himself, Wilkins just isn't feeling it. We needed Eibner tonight.

Not playing Eibner did not cost us the game tonight.  Our defense is what hurt us tonight or we win this game.

deshahawg

UAfan

Shag66

Quote from: Stang1970 on June 06, 2010, 10:59:17 pm
Not playing Eibner did not cost us the game tonight.  Our defense is what hurt us tonight or we win this game.
Quote from: deshahawg on June 06, 2010, 11:02:23 pm
I just think that we comitted way to many errors tonight.

yup...  no errors and we would have won...

sorry defense tonight...

klundq02

Does anyone know if we are visitors or home team tomorrow?? I know this question has been ask a few times, but it is kind of important

deshahawg

Our defense is normally pretty good. I really hope we work out the bunting situations before tomorrows game or they will just bunt the entire game.

Hogbody

deshahawg

I'm really not sure. Chuck said they had their #1 guy up to close out the game. They might just pitch him again since they seem to let guys go with HIGH pitch counts.

deshahawg

I get way to worked up about these games. I still can't sleep!

Wahls

Quote from: Stang1970 on June 06, 2010, 10:13:52 pm
I am not sure about that.  By rule I believe it still has to be called out loud so the runners know.

Nope.
Quote from: A.Ziffle on April 20, 2012, 10:39:01 pm
You have two kinds of tough guys... those that do it from behind a keyboard, and those that juggle soap in prison just to show they're a fearless bastard.

Stang1970

Quote from: thewahls7 on June 07, 2010, 02:07:00 am
Nope.
QuoteAn INFIELD FLY is a fair fly ball (not including a line drive nor an attempted bunt) which can be caught by an infielder with ordinary effort, when first and second, or first, second and third bases are occupied, before two are out. The pitcher, catcher and any outfielder who stations himself in the infield on the play shall be considered infielders for the purpose of this rule. When it seems apparent that a batted ball will be an Infield Fly, the umpire shall IMMEDIATELY declare "Infield Fly" for the benefit of the runners. If the ball is near the baselines, the umpire shall declare "Infield Fly, if Fair." The ball is alive and runners may advance at the risk of the ball being caught, or retouch and advance after the ball is touched, the same as on any fly ball.
The rule as I read it says it shall be called IMMEDIATELY.  That was the problem with the call by the umps last night was it was not called IMMEDIATELY when it was clearly obvious it was an Infield fly.

FraggleHog

Quote from: RD on June 06, 2010, 10:56:01 pm
We said that last night as well, let's not be so overconfident.

Well if we're not celebrating tonight... our season is over. So might as well say it now.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

Hogtropolis™

Game Time:
7:05 p.m.

Team Records:
Arkansas: (42-19)
Washington St. (37-21)

Team Leader in Batting Average:
Arkansas: Zack Cox - .424
Washington St.: Brett Jacobs - .346

Team Leader in Home Runs:
Arkansas: Brett Eibner - 21
Washington St.: Derek Jones - 12

Team Leader in RBI:
Arkansas: Brett Eibner - 68
Washington St.: Derek Jones - 49

Possible Starting Pitchers:
Arkansas: RHP T.J. Forrest - 7-0, 3.26 ERA, 36 SO
Washington St.: LHP Paris Shewey - 7-2, 2.80 ERA, 46 SO

alwaysondbigscreen

some say he's a cia experiment gone wrong

WhenPigsFly

Quote from: klundq02 on June 06, 2010, 11:30:23 pm
Does anyone know if we are visitors or home team tomorrow?? I know this question has been ask a few times, but it is kind of important

I suspect since we were home last nite, WSU will be the home team tonite.

imhogwild2

Does anyone think we will see eibner or fant pitch tonight?
Bring back slobbering hog. Member Since 12/1/2006

bsking

Quote from: imhogwild2 on June 07, 2010, 01:33:58 pm
Does anyone think we will see eibner or fant pitch tonight?

No and probably no.

Eibner couldn't play last night because of his hammy.  Add his broken hand into the mix and we will be very lucky if he is in the lineup tonight.  Fant has gotten shelled ever since that awful inning against Auburn.  I'd say he is pretty far down on the list of people to pitch today.  Forrest, Heatley, Bax, Davenport, Pratt, will all probably come in before him.

Ballew

Quote from: bsking on June 07, 2010, 01:53:02 pm
No and probably no.

Eibner couldn't play last night because of his hammy.  Add his broken hand into the mix and we will be very lucky if he is in the lineup tonight.  Fant has gotten shelled ever since that awful inning against Auburn.  I'd say he is pretty far down on the list of people to pitch today.  Forrest, Heatley, Bax, Davenport, Pratt, will all probably come in before him.
I think it was reported in another thread that Eibner will be in the lineup tonight.

Hog4Ever09

Quote from: WhenPigsFly on June 07, 2010, 01:30:07 pm
I suspect since we were home last nite, WSU will be the home team tonite.

Worked out well last time we were the visitors

hogman64

Quote from: bsking on June 07, 2010, 01:53:02 pm
No and probably no.

Any chance of an inning from Smyly?

Hog4Ever09

Quote from: hogman64 on June 07, 2010, 03:18:22 pm
Any chance of an inning from Smyly?

I bet everyone can go at least an inning.  And if they can't/don't want to they get to anyways