Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2010 Regional and Super Regional Game Thread

Started by Hogtropolis™, June 04, 2010, 09:43:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

BigoBoys

Quote from: SteveInArk on June 04, 2010, 05:33:39 pm
Post-game from Chuck:

Eibner tied school record with 3 HRs.
Eibner 8 RBIs, one short of school record.
Team 9 HRs, school record.
I would say that he is healthy!

deshahawg

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on June 04, 2010, 05:47:26 pm
great critique, you absolutely nailed it man....wish I could have summed up the game as well as you did....gosh, you continue to amaze with your insight

If we hadn't scored more runs than they did it would also be a loss.

arkansaspanic

Quote from: colt-45 on June 04, 2010, 08:39:17 pm
Rick said it on the radio. Think he said 6300 or something. He did say that the NCAA requires exact attendance and no estimates.

seemed like there was more than the announced attendance there.  the night game's attendance wasn't too bad.  lots of hogs fans stuck around to see the game. 

hogwild32

Quote from: PorcineSublime on June 04, 2010, 06:50:33 pm
Yes, it is intentional flaming and everyone keeps fanning it and pouring on gas. I would be willing to be that if you all ignored him for a week yo would see him no more in EI. As long as he continues to get the response he is getting, you will continue to see inflammatory comments.  He is not alone in his provocation, he is just the best at it.

He's not even that good at it.  You can see right through his posts and know that it's flame-baiting.  People just need to get a clue and quit responding to him. 

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: PorcineSublime on June 04, 2010, 06:50:33 pm
Yes, it is intentional flaming and everyone keeps fanning it and pouring on gas. I would be willing to be that if you all ignored him for a week yo would see him no more in EI. As long as he continues to get the response he is getting, you will continue to see inflammatory comments.  He is not alone in his provocation, he is just the best at it.
one question...why is he allowed to use inflammatory comments and provoke ?  just askin
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: hogwild32 on June 04, 2010, 11:11:13 pm
He's not even that good at it.  You can see right through his posts and know that it's flame-baiting.  People just need to get a clue and quit responding to him.
I would agree, but why is his smack tolerated and everyone else is sent packing when they say not even half what that guy says ?
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Flatline

I don't get to hear or watch the game at work.  I can't log on to this site so I wait till 3a.m. to get the game play by play on here.  It was a great game and our boys seemed to be back in a big way....Hope it continues.  Thanks to everyone for the postings.  I will sleep well tonight.  Peace out.

Hoggiedawg

WhenPigsFly

Quote from: bsking on June 04, 2010, 07:28:35 pm
Where did you see the attendance?  It wasn't announced at the game, but I thought there were a lot more than 6k.  I've only missed 2 home games this season and I can usually put a decent guess on it, and I figured there was ~9k.

Could be wrong though, I wasn't sitting in my normal seats.  Just curious to where you found that number.

Not sure what you were seeing.  Hog Pen wasn't full.  Last two sections down LF line were empty (couldn't see RF line).  Lot of empty seats here and there throughout the stadium.

Having the game at 2:05 definitely made a difference of 2 or 3 thousand in attendance.

Didn't see a figure for the nite game, but there were more there for that game than I thot there would be.

Hogtropolis™

Game Time:
7:05 p.m.

Team Records:
Arkansas: (41-18)
Washington St. (35-20)

Team Leader in Batting Average:
Arkansas: Zack Cox - .433
Washington St.: Brett Jacobs - .351

Team Leader in Home Runs:
Arkansas: Brett Eibner - 21
Washington St.: Derek Jones - 11

Team Leader in RBI:
Arkansas: Brett Eibner - 68
Washington St.: Matt Fanelli - 42

Starting Pitchers:
Arkansas: RHP Drew Smyly - 8-1, 2.54 ERA, 98 SO
Washington St.: James Wise - 3-1, 4.53 ERA, 39 SO (probable)

bsking

Wise is a JR. right-hander.  Never seen him pitch but he doesn't seem to be a strikeout pitcher.  Opponent average is ~.250.

Hopefully we can get on him early and let Smyly cruise.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on June 04, 2010, 11:28:28 pm
one question...why is he allowed to use inflammatory comments and provoke ?  just askin
Inflammatory comments? Geez, how easily inflamed you are. I question the pitching and you consider it inflammatory? Not like I am cussing a poster or a coach or a player. Get real man.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

PorcineSublime

Quote from: bsking on June 05, 2010, 10:29:47 am
Wise is a JR. right-hander.  Never seen him pitch but he doesn't seem to be a strikeout pitcher.  Opponent average is ~.250.

Hopefully we can get on him early and let Smyly cruise.
The key will be to get to him early. We will likely not score 6 in the 1st, but 2 or 3 would go along way to success.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

deshahawg

Ray Piggers

I'll be in sec. 110 tonight!

Let's hope the bats, and this thread keep us rolling!
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

HognotinMemphis

I will be at Botanic Garden concert tonight at game time watching Diana Ross. Our table is about 40 feet from front center of stage. Should be great evening.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

deshahawg

MDW

Quote from: mspig on June 05, 2010, 12:48:50 pm
is tonights game on tv

No TV.  All games from the regional are being streamed live for free on RazorVision at www.arkansasrazorbacks.com.

Lake City Hog

Well I just hope that you don't heckle Dianna like you do the Hogs! But, on the other hand most of us will be tickled to death that you won't be on the thread tonight posting your drivel as though anyone on here is interested in your thought or your opinions!

pigture perfect

Sorry to change the topic, but the announcers for the FIU-Dartmouth game are about to fight. One told another to shut up and one called his partner an idiot. It's a pretty good game too. D.C. just hit a grand slam to break an 8-8 tie in the sixth.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

jst01

Quote from: HoginMemphis on June 05, 2010, 12:06:38 pm
I will be at Botanic Garden concert tonight at game time watching Diana Ross. Our table is about 40 feet from front center of stage. Should be great evening.

sounds gay as hell

cmevere1027

im pretty sure hogin memphis is joking, if not yes its gay as hell

chiefsfan

I dont know about keeping the same thread this year...  Hope it doesnt mess up the mojo
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Lake City Hog

hawgtahm

Quote from: WhenPigsFly on June 05, 2010, 08:26:20 am
Not sure what you were seeing.  Hog Pen wasn't full.  Last two sections down LF line were empty (couldn't see RF line).  Lot of empty seats here and there throughout the stadium.

Having the game at 2:05 definitely made a difference of 2 or 3 thousand in attendance.

Didn't see a figure for the nite game, but there were more there for that game than I thot there would be.

Attendance is not our main concern. Winning and getting more rest is, so it works out for us to play early.

However, as far as attendance for the event goes, us playing early happens to work out as well. We had a really good showing for both games. Now, imagine the attendance at the 2 o'clock game, if it had been WSU vs. KSU. See, I'm pretty sure from a financial standpoint, the NCAA is good with it.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: cmevere1027 on June 05, 2010, 01:43:28 pm
im pretty sure hogin memphis is joking, if not yes its gay as hell
Im not joking. Leaving in 5 minutes for her concert.

Can't wait. My wife loves going to these concerts at Botanic Garden and so do I.

http://liveatthegarden.com/

HogTuba

Quote from: HoginMemphis on June 05, 2010, 06:25:03 pm
Im not joking. Leaving in 5 minutes for her concert.

Can't wait. My wife loves going to these concerts at Botanic Garden and so do I.

http://liveatthegarden.com/

S-A-S-N-A-K--RA

FraggleHog

Calling the Hogs from DFW

Hogtropolis™

About 30 minutes until first pitch.

Washington St. is taking infield right now.

Also, if you didn't know, we're visitors tonight.

Big Papa Satan

Hogtropolis™

Cox is not taking ground balls while we're taking infield. Wilkins is taking them at 3rd. Not sure if Cox will DH though.

olivebranchhog

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on June 05, 2010, 06:40:16 pm
Cox is not taking ground balls while we're taking infield. Wilkins is taking them at 3rd. Not sure if Cox will DH though.

A completely rested and refreshed ZC in the supers means Hogs will have the best hitter in college baseball in kill mode. I really wan't to see him play, but i believe the hogs will make it out of this regional without him. Can't help but be excited about how good he could be when he comes back.
Sometimes it takes a loss to make us realize what's really important

deshahawg

UltimateHog

Quote from: cityhog on January 14, 2012, 04:48:21 pm
I'll honestly be shocked if CMA ever goes above .500 in conference play as coach here.

NeverYield

anybody got a link to view this one?  all I got is cbs gametracker  :(
"You can take a boy out of ole' dixie land lord, but ju'll never take ole' dixie from a boy..."  -Ronnie VanZant

southeasthog

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on June 05, 2010, 06:40:16 pm
Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on June 05, 2010, 06:34:55 pm
About 30 minutes until first pitch.

Washington St. is taking infield right now.

Also, if you didn't know, we're visitors tonight.
Why is the #1 seed visitor?

Hogtropolis™

Publius

Watching on Razorvision and it looks like a beautiful night at Baum!  WPS...lets kick some a$$!

NeverYield

"You can take a boy out of ole' dixie land lord, but ju'll never take ole' dixie from a boy..."  -Ronnie VanZant

Publius

Publius

Publius

Publius

southeasthog