Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harvill Commits To K-State

Started by AcePigtura, April 24, 2010, 08:01:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AcePigtura

Per a mutual friend, Sam Harvill committed to Kansas State today. I imagine that the reports will hit the news in the next 24 hours.

Seebs

Sure hope he camps at Arkansas to get better evaluated.

Best of luck to him if this is his final choice - BCS scholarships are not easy to come by. Grats to the Harvill family. 
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Dalt21

linze82

smite me bishes

jdhogster

Congrats, but I hope he pulls a Barnett and switches (but without all the drama)

The_Boot_stops_here

Quite Frankly

Oklahawg

Good for Harvill. I, too, hope he camps at UA and he can earn an offer to UA.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

LSPRazorbac

Quote from: jdhogster on April 24, 2010, 09:11:08 pm
Congrats, but I hope he pulls a Barnett and switches (but without all the drama)

Possible but he would need an offer first

LJHOG

April 25, 2010, 09:51:59 am #9 Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 12:48:24 pm by LJHOG
well ............ bye

Tomhog™

I've heard for weeks now he was a silent commit to KSU.  Guess the cat's outta the bag now.  Good for him.  No come to camp and show the Arkansas staff that you belong in the SEC.

mmhogs17

Now im pretty sure K-State fans think they have Frazier all wrapped up now. lol

3kgthog

It just shows you gotta do more than bench press 24/7 to get an offer from BP. Good luck in Manhattan.

Quite Frankly

Maybe if he'd have gone to a better high school.

Ftsmithmike

I would rather have Petrino in control of this program than any other coach I can think of except maybe Saban.

But he is very stubborn about these borderline instate kids. Im not sure I understand why. A reach or two in recruiting is OK if it helps you lock up a sure thing in a position of need. Im not saying we should let their girlfriend on the roster but a kid who shows the potential to do it at the next level in a K state uniform might be worth an Arkansas offer.
"Here a question arises: whether it is better to be loved than feared, or the reverse. The answer is, of course, that it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved."

jackflash

Good luck. Think this maybe a good choice for him? May have a chance to play as a Freshman?

heatmiser

My assumption is that is was a "commit to us now, or else..." type situation.  If he earns a UA offer, he might just come here.
Arkansas Razorbacks

Seebs

Quote from: Ftsmithmike on April 25, 2010, 03:15:54 pm
I would rather have Petrino in control of this program than any other coach I can think of except maybe Saban.

But he is very stubborn about these borderline instate kids. Im not sure I understand why. A reach or two in recruiting is OK if it helps you lock up a sure thing in a position of need. Im not saying we should let their girlfriend on the roster but a kid who shows the potential to do it at the next level in a K state uniform might be worth an Arkansas offer.

Borderline in-state kids will get offers at the end of recruiting, not the beginning. That mentality moved on to Oxford.

We have offered eight or so in-state kids with perhaps as many as five more coming after camps. Garret Uekman was in the same situation as Harvill last year. Uekman said ' I am coming to Camp to EARN a scholarship'. I hope Harvill has the same attitude and brings it to Fayetteville.

I do not think Petrino is stubborn, I think he is forthright I believe that he has informed Harvill he is number X on his pecking order. Come to camp Harvill and change this - show me.

The Mitchell kid from Heber Springs should show you that Petrino does not count on in-state rankings, but player evaluation to make his offers. Harvill may simply not fit into the scheme being created.

Anyway, I bristled at the word 'stubborn' when the coach simply wants the best players for the team - why would he not?
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

SquidBilly

K-State is a good situation for Harvill.  He can still make a name for himself just without all the expectation he'd have if he were playing here.  I do hope however that he still works to get an offer from the Hogs.

masterhog

I am glad to see Harvill joining Mitchell Roberts at K-State. I wonder if anyone else from Shiloh plans to join them?

oldbear

It is very hard for me to understand how people can get on a recruiting site approximately 9 months before national signing day and be negative about a kid that, by all indications, is a good kid, when that kid makes a verbal to a school that is not in the SEC and the kid does not have an offer to Arkansas.  We have no idea where Harvill sits on Arkansas' list of wants or needs.  We have no idea what discussions Coach Petrino has had with him.  Are some of you jealous of an 18 year old kid that got offered a scholarship to play Division 1 football?

I am with those of you that hope Harvill comes to camp and gets an offer and plays for the Hogs.  If he does not, however, I wish him well.

wholehog92

Quote from: oldbear on April 26, 2010, 12:25:00 pm
It is very hard for me to understand how people can get on a recruiting site approximately 9 months before national signing day and be negative about a kid that, by all indications, is a good kid, when that kid makes a verbal to a school that is not in the SEC and the kid does not have an offer to Arkansas.  We have no idea where Harvill sits on Arkansas' list of wants or needs.  We have no idea what discussions Coach Petrino has had with him.  Are some of you jealous of an 18 year old kid that got offered a scholarship to play Division 1 football?

I am with those of you that hope Harvill comes to camp and gets an offer and plays for the Hogs.  If he does not, however, I wish him well.

Man am I with you on that.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

IronHog

Quote from: Ftsmithmike on April 25, 2010, 03:15:54 pm

But he is very stubborn about these borderline instate kids. Im not sure I understand why.

The ONLY way the Hogs can compete long term in the SEC is for Arkansas kids to view a offer from the Hogs as something to be excited about vs. a fall back position or birthright.

It is high risk, high reward.....but the only way BP can build a program he would want to coach for the possible mid or long term.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

RazorBassin

Congats to the Harvill family.  I hope that he comes to camp and earns an Arkansas schollie, but if not I still wish him well.

Brewerfan10

Quote from: IronHog on April 26, 2010, 12:56:57 pm
The ONLY way the Hogs can compete long term in the SEC is for Arkansas kids to view a offer from the Hogs as something to be excited about vs. a fall back position or birthright.

It is high risk, high reward.....but the only way BP can build a program he would want to coach for the possible mid or long term.

I agree with this 100%. Kids need to realize just how special an offer from CBP and his staff really is.

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: wholehog92 on April 26, 2010, 12:51:48 pm
Man am I with you on that.
Ditto.  I do not understand some people.

AcePigtura

cbjagman

Quote from: Brewerfan10 on April 26, 2010, 01:16:49 pm
I agree with this 100%. Kids need to realize just how special an offer from CBP and his staff really is.
Uhh......don't you mean "precious"?

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: oldbear on April 26, 2010, 12:25:00 pm

Excellent post.   I'm glad for Harvill.  He's getting a full scholarship to college.  Great news!  If he gets an offer from Arkansas, even better!
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

Tomhog™

We should all be happy for him.  Personally, I don't believe Harvill will be content with KSU and come to Arkansas camp to try and earn a schollie.  The worst thing that could happen is he doesn't get an offer and still winds up at KSU.

masterhog

Arkansas would have offered Harvill by now if they were going to. His measurables are not (not even close) of those of  SEC players. Hopefully he will do well at KState.

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: masterhog on April 26, 2010, 06:10:57 pm
Arkansas would have offered Harvill by now if they were going to. His measurables are not (not even close) of those of  SEC players. Hopefully he will do well at KState.

Not necessarily.  They'll want to weigh and measure him before offering, especially with questions concerning his height and arm length and its implications for playing an interior line position.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

tbhogfan

While I agree with you in wishing him well, I disagree that Arkansas was/is not going to offer him.     
Go Hogs!

old hog

Still would love to see him in Razorback red. Hopefully he can go to camp and earn an offer from Petrino. But if not then I wish him well at K-state. Seems like a classy kid.

SC-RAZOR

Quote from: Quite Frankly on April 25, 2010, 03:01:39 pm
Go back to Fearless Friday where you belong. You're a mod there and you can run down 18 year old and younger kids all you want. Quite Frankly, you and your opinion have worn out your welcome. I'll never understand why Lanny made you a mod. You ruined that site. Leave this one alone.

PorkSoda

There won't be an offer until he earns one at camp.  it is as simple as that.  I think its great he got a BCS offer, and I'm not suprised he jumped on it.  I'm sure he will be a solid player for the wildcats.  I wish him well. 
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Quite Frankly

Quote from: SC-RAZOR on April 27, 2010, 10:58:29 am
Go back to Fearless Friday where you belong. You're a mod there and you can run down 18 year old and younger kids all you want. Quite Frankly, you and your opinion have worn out your welcome. I'll never understand why Lanny made you a mod. You ruined that site. Leave this one alone.
Thanks for making my day.

reds10

masterhog

Congrats to Mr. Harvill. Let's move on to Hog recruits/offers. It's time to move away from just a guy who can bench press with short arms.

baitshop

Quote from: masterhog on April 27, 2010, 07:58:34 pm
Congrats to Mr. Harvill. Let's move on to Hog recruits/offers. It's time to move away from just a guy who can bench press with short arms.

I agree with all of this statement.....especially the "Congrats to Mr. Harvill" part.....but the last sentence is why there is no offer from the CBP......
"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them" - Ronald Reagan

heatmiser

Arkansas Razorbacks

Ash

Happy he got an offer to play at the next level. I hope he goes to a UofA camp and blows the socks off some coaches and comes away with an offer from UofA.

DeltaBoy

Good for Harvill but as others have said I hope he gets an offer from UA and becomes a Hog.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

fullfan

So is the commit to K-State a rumor?

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Quite Frankly on April 25, 2010, 03:01:39 pm

Maybe if he had been taller.