• 382,442 Topics
• 21,386 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The opportunity to hire Butch Davis and Gus Malzhan would be like  (Read 1252 times)

Hog Bounty Hunter

it being 1978 and having the opportunity to hire Bobby Bowden as head coach and Steve Spurrier as OC.  It is that big of an opportunity, for us to hold on to this lying, deceitful used car salesman is unthinkable.

WILL CLINTON

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
Re: The opportunity to hire Butch Davis and Gus Malzhan would be like
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 11:40:04 am »

Can I get an Amen?!! 

Nail. Hammer. Head.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

dotnet

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 11:43:28 am »

Amen

Steve Moody

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2005, 11:48:11 am »

LMAO.....not gonna happen guys..........Nutts here to stay like it, or not.

Net Hog

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2005, 11:49:10 am »

You sound like you're trying to threaten us.

JDHogg

• Senior
  • Jeff Cato-anonymous no more!
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2005, 11:51:32 am »

You keep shooting this out there.  Who is your source?  You just posted about whiners and rumors.  Let's see what you've got.  Time to stop preaching it and live it.  Don't say it's Frank because he went under oath and said he supports a coach right up til he fires them.  So, what do you have?  Nate Allen, Wally, what else?

Steve Moody

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2005, 12:00:52 pm »

Well if it isnt obvious enough to you then it never will be. Try reading the news papers, watching some news other than these boards whic are full of rumours, untruths, and fabrications. Ask yourself this.........if he wasnt fired last year what makes you think he will be fired this year? The one fact none of you care to think about is the fact that you cant build a program if you keep changing Coaches. There will never be stability if you keep changing Coaches. My sources are really none of your buisness, but they are real people, and I talk to them everyday. They are not little birds, or little spies.............I loved that one from one of the FTB guys that was a riot. Then when he was confronted on his report all of the sudden his source was wrong. Well no kidding lol. Besdies Im not at liberty to reveal my sources. I wuldnt even if I could. So with that said Ill leave you 3 alone so you can continue with your alternate reality................lol.............later.

Net Hog

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2005, 12:01:38 pm »

Well if it isnt obvious enough to you then it never will be. Try reading the news papers, watching some news other than these boards whic are full of rumours, untruths, and fabrications. Ask yourself this.........if he wasnt fired last year what makes you think he will be fired this year? The one fact none of you care to think about is the fact that you cant build a program if you keep changing Coaches. There will never be stability if you keep changing Coaches. My sources are really none of your buisness, but they are real people, and I talk to them everyday. They are not little birds, or little spies.............I loved that one from one of the FTB guys that was a riot. Then when he was confronted on his report all of the sudden his source was wrong. Well no kidding lol. Besdies Im not at liberty to reveal my sources. I wuldnt even if I could. So with that said Ill leave you 3 alone so you can continue with your alternate reality................lol.............later.

tldr

abq

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2005, 12:03:33 pm »

So pretty much you are just some miserable smoker who can be just as wrong or right as anyone else. Your sources can be just as wrong or right as anyone elses. I'm thinking your someone's bitch and you and they have their feelings hurt. Cry away asswipe.

Steve Moody

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2005, 12:05:50 pm »

LMAO is that all you could come up with. Very original you should be proud of yourself for thinking all that up by yourself.....Good Boy.

abq

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2005, 12:06:51 pm »

LMAO is that all you could come up with. Very original you should be proud of yourself for thinking all that up by yourself.....Good Boy.

Yes, I'm very proud.

JJHog

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2005, 12:06:56 pm »

it being 1978 and having the opportunity to hire Bobby Bowden as head coach and Steve Spurrier as OC. It is that big of an opportunity, for us to hold on to this lying, deceitful used car salesman is unthinkable.

You can make your point without calling the man a liar and deceitful--that's goiing too far. He may not be the greatest football coach right now, but there is no reason to question his character. Try and be a little classy.

Hog Bounty Hunter

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2005, 12:07:27 pm »

You have no sources, you come on here thinking you are a authority on something when you are being laughed at all across the board.  You would be better off to shut up and just be thought of as fool now that to continue and prove it to everyone.  The facts are this youngster, and try to get them in your head.  One year fans can live with, but when you add a next losing season worst than your last, and it will be worse we are going to lose Saturday, fans get tired of it. We also get tired of Nutt apologist, which you are one of, who come around siinging the praises of this poor excuse for a car salesman who sold a few people on a bad bag of goods eight years ago.  He's going to go, he needs to go and he will go. Mark it down.

Net Hog

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2005, 12:08:14 pm »

If I had a bug as furry as you, I would make a coat outta him!

Hog Bounty Hunter

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2005, 12:08:53 pm »

it being 1978 and having the opportunity to hire Bobby Bowden as head coach and Steve Spurrier as OC. It is that big of an opportunity, for us to hold on to this lying, deceitful used car salesman is unthinkable.

You can make your point without calling the man a liar and deceitful--that's goiing too far. He may not be the greatest football coach right now, but there is no reason to question his character. Try and be a little classy.

J Hog that is the point, the man is a LIAR and is DECEITFUL those are documented facts.

Net Hog

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2005, 12:09:25 pm »

J Hog that is the point, the man is a LIAR and is DECEITFUL those are documented facts.

Yep.

dotnet

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2005, 12:10:56 pm »

I'm sure this has been hashed out before, but can you lay out the quick version of how Nutt is a Liar and has been deceitful?

Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter

• President and life time member of the Hobby Shop.
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • SPORTS HAS NEVER BEEN SO UGLY!
    • facebook.com/uglyuncle.
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2005, 12:11:37 pm »

Silly Steve...

After 8 years to fire a coach that can't manage a game does not make you unstable.  Stability is finding a coach that doesn't destablize your whole program.

I don't care who your sources are.  You need help if you think a coach needs more than 8 years to make a program respectable.

JDHogg

• Senior
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2005, 12:12:08 pm »

So pretty much you are just some miserable smoker who can be just as wrong or right as anyone else. Your sources can be just as wrong or right as anyone elses. I'm thinking your someone's bitch and you and they have their feelings hurt. Cry away asswipe.

Alternate reality?  Mr. Moody you are the one coming on trying to stir the pot.  I can't reveal my sources, I wouldn't if I could........that means you don't have any most likely.  Therefore, your statements are just as unfounded as the others you claim to be so much superior to.  Which are you more, a fan of Houston Nutt or a fan of the Razorbacks?

Buff

• My avatar was the owner throwing the horns
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2005, 12:12:21 pm »

"if the refs hadd't missed that call" or "if rj had made that play", or "if our blocking had been better", or anything else similar he has said to avoid blame for the bad season we're in = reasons to question his characte

Net Hog

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2005, 12:13:03 pm »

Houston said that he's "never made excuses."

Apparently he's never made an olive loaf either.

Lando Calrissian

• I seen one eat a rockin' chair, once.
    • Excelsior News
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2005, 12:13:21 pm »

Quote from: Steve Moody
The one fact none of you care to think about is the fact that you cant build a program if you keep changing Coaches. There will never be stability if you keep changing Coaches.

Any other respectable athletic program in the country would have canned Nutt by now and they wouldn't have thought twice about it.

Besides, it's not like Nutt showed up on campus yesterday.  You mention stability.  The football program was in pretty bad shape before Houston got here, but you're fooling yourself if you think it has improved any during his eight years.

JDHogg

• Senior
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2005, 12:13:23 pm »

Yep.

Why don't you ask Bo Mattingly about Houston Nutt's honesty today?

Hog Bounty Hunter

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2005, 12:15:10 pm »

I'm sure this has been hashed out before, but can you lay out the quick version of how Nutt is a Liar and has been deceitful?

You have not been paying attention very long if you haven't seen it already, the list is long just read what went on this AM for one example.

Buff

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2005, 12:15:16 pm »

Which are you more, a fan of Houston Nutt or a fan of the Razorbacks?
that sums up the question of the season - me, a fan of the hogs

Hog Bounty Hunter

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2005, 12:16:58 pm »

Which are you more, a fan of Houston Nutt or a fan of the Razorbacks?
that sums up the question of the season - me, a fan of the hogs

Huge Hog fan here, not a Houston Nutt fan. Being a Hog fan I cannot support someone who is doing to the our program what Nutt is doing. He has to go.

Steve Moody

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2005, 12:18:48 pm »

LOL you are one to talk. Youngster well thanks I dont feel 39, but I am. Now HBH Nutt is not gone now he will not be gone next year, or the year after that. The best cenario for you to hope for is Broyles retireing in 3 years.Then, and only then will there be a Coaching change, and it will come from within. Im not going to say who has been talked to, or if anyone has been talked to. But know this 3 years from now HDN will be the AD, and guess what..........there will be a new HC then, and no sooner.

Hog Bounty Hunter

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2005, 12:21:11 pm »

LOL you are one to talk. Youngster well thanks I dont feel 39, but I am. Now HBH Nutt is not gone now he will not be gone next year, or the year after that. The best cenario for you to hope for is Broyles retireing in 3 years.Then, and only then will there be a Coaching change, and it will come from within. Im not going to say who has been talked to, or if anyone has been talked to. But know this 3 years from now HDN will be the AD, and guess what..........there will be a new HC then, and no sooner.

He is gone, you can follow him to where ever he might land, in fact I an the rest of us hope you do follow him.  We are ready for the new coach and a new team that can beat teams like Vandy and Kentucky.  You follow the loser, you two have a lot in common.

Buff

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2005, 12:22:23 pm »

i'm hopin for lindsey to get hit by a truck next monday.  then we'd be more likely to have a coaching change before nutt's 'free pass' runs out

sooie dog

• Hogvillian
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2005, 12:22:33 pm »

What's so [CENSORED] funny?

abq

« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2005, 12:23:53 pm »

Thanks for the useless info about your [CENSORED] age. What will you share next? You love cats. You rush home from work every night to write everything in your diary so you don't miss Will and Grace. You spend all your damn time playing war games on the internet at 39 like some frickin loser and then fail to successfully launch elr-hq.com, which is no doubt some geek cyber warrior site. You're [CENSORED] pathetic.

Hog Bounty Hunter

« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2005, 12:24:50 pm »

Thanks for the useless info about your farging age. What will you share next? You love cats. You rush home from work every night to write everything in your diary so you don't miss Will and Grace. You spend all your damn time playing war games on the internet at 39 like some frickin loser and then fail to successfully launch elr-hq.com, which is no doubt some geek cyber warrior site. You're farging pathetic.
;D

Steve Moody

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2005, 12:29:04 pm »

Well atleast I support the team, and the Coach. Last year, and this year were a lost cause we all knew that. Deal with it. Next year will be a different story. No matter what college prgram it is you have down years its something you have to work through. USC did it.....Texas did it.....Alabama did it.......Michigan did it......Miami did it.......Oklahoma is dealing with it now, and the list goes on, and they all did it with the current Coaches who the year before had fans screaming for them to be fired. Well where are those same fans today......lol......at the games cheering their teams on, and praising the same Coach they wanted to fire the year before. Now I said it earlier you  have nothing else for me to respond to. Your personal attacks on me are a joke, and yes I do consider myself above you (who ever posted that). This will be my last response to you, or anything you post. You HBH are no longer worth my time.

nwarazfan

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2005, 12:31:23 pm »

By that time, few will care who the new football coach will be.  You will have the diehard Nutt supporters caring and that is it.  If he is AD, the loss of support for him will become obvious and all will programs will decline.  What a depressing thought?  Three years of Nutt as coach and then AD?  I refuse to believe that it will get that bad.

Hog Bounty Hunter

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2005, 12:32:08 pm »

Well atleast I support the team, and the Coach. Last year, and this year were a lost cause we all knew that. Deal with it. Next year will be a different story. No matter what college prgram it is you have down years its something you have to work through. USC did it.....Texas did it.....Alabama did it.......Michigan did it......Miami did it.......Oklahoma is dealing with it now, and the list goes on, and they all did it with the current Coaches who the year before had fans screaming for them to be fired. Well where are those same fans today......lol......at the games cheering their teams on, and praising the same Coach they wanted to fire the year before. Now I said it earlier you have nothing else for me to respond to. Your personal attacks on me are a joke, and yes I do consider myself above you (who ever posted that). This will be my last response to you, or anything you post. You HBH are no longer worth my time.

I bet you love that helmet too, huh? ;D

Buff

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2005, 12:32:39 pm »

Well atleast I support the team, and the Coach. Last year, and this year were a lost cause we all knew that. Deal with it. Next year will be a different story. No matter what college prgram it is you have down years its something you have to work through. USC did it.....Texas did it.....Alabama did it.......Michigan did it......Miami did it.......Oklahoma is dealing with it now, and the list goes on, and they all did it with the current Coaches who the year before had fans screaming for them to be fired. Well where are those same fans today......lol......at the games cheering their teams on, and praising the same Coach they wanted to fire the year before. Now I said it earlier you have nothing else for me to respond to. Your personal attacks on me are a joke, and yes I do consider myself above you (who ever posted that). This will be my last response to you, or anything you post. You HBH are no longer worth my time.
questions:  1. you think you're worth anyone's time?  2. last year was a lost cause?  3. how many times do we have to hear 'next year...'?  4. why are you such an asshat?

Net Hog

« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2005, 12:33:34 pm »

Learn how to spell.

Learn how to punctuate.

nwarazfan

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2005, 12:34:57 pm »

Nutt has been a lost cause for years.  Some of us have just recognized it sooner than others.  He was never qualified to be head coach and has lost portions of our fan base with each debacle- 4 losses in 99 with a team capable of winning the West, the LV Bowl disaster, the UNLV QB fiasco, the OU Cotton Bowl offensive show, the MC Bowl loss to the damn Gophers, late Sept - early Nov 03... How do you defend all of that?  A couple of down years? 

abq

« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2005, 12:36:03 pm »

Your post is incoherent rambling at best and the spew from the mind of a schizophrenic meth addict at worst.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2005, 12:38:51 pm by abq »

Net Hog

« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2005, 12:37:14 pm »

Steve Moody!

nwarazfan

« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2005, 12:38:12 pm »

House needs to be cleaned.  A formal letter of apology needs to be written to Bill Montgomery and he should be begged/asked to come back and either play a key roll in choosing our next AD or take the position himself.

Sonofahog

• Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs!
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2005, 01:15:32 pm »

Moody must be hoping to play QB for the Hogs,  cause he is a Dick.

whatsshakinbacon

• Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2005, 01:17:50 pm »

Wally Hall gets his column from this message board - who are you kidding.  He came out yesterday with a quote from Broyles that not one other media outlet has confirmed.  He's a nuttsucker himself.

Bacon out...

JJHog

« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2005, 01:24:21 pm »

that's a ridiculoous statement

whatsshakinbacon

• Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2005, 01:25:16 pm »

HBH - how do I work it out so that he includes me in the "no response to my comments" clause?

Bacon out...

Lando Calrissian

• I seen one eat a rockin' chair, once.
    • Excelsior News
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2005, 01:31:25 pm »

Quote from: Steve Moody
USC did it.....Texas did it.....Alabama did it.......Michigan did it......Miami did it.......Oklahoma is dealing with it now.

At what point, under Nutt, were we ever close to that level?

I might give you the '98 season.  If my math is correct, then Nutt has had 7 years to rebuild.

None of those other schools would EVER tolerate 7 "down" years.

Hog Bounty Hunter

« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2005, 01:39:50 pm »

that's a ridiculoous statement

It's a factual statement, he's done worse, he's decived recruits while lying to them at the same time.  That is why he has alienated a good portion of the potential instate recruits. If you are asking if I am calling him out on lack of charcter? You damn skippy I am.  He has no character.

Hog Bounty Hunter

« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2005, 01:41:41 pm »

HBH - how do I work it out so that he includes me in the "no response to my comments" clause?

Bacon out...

Just continue to out smart him like you are already doing, he'll go away.

PulledPork

« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2005, 05:36:56 pm »

I am beginning to believe that Ms. Moody is a CIA operative.....so his sources must be deep in his a$$ and that is why he can't reveal them.

But maybe NEXT YEAR....

Pulled out!

Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter

• President and life time member of the Hobby Shop.
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • SPORTS HAS NEVER BEEN SO UGLY!
    • facebook.com/uglyuncle.
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2005, 05:48:26 pm »

I could be wrong...but didn't USC fire their coach after a couple of down years?  Didn't Carrol end his first year on a huge up swing?  Didn't his second year only have one loss?

Texas and Mac Brown:  When is the last time that he didn't have 10 win seasons?  I have lived in Texas the last two years...while people complained about the losses to OU...the consensus down there was that  "who would be better."  Notice that was a statement not a question.  Only a handful...the really silly ones called for a change.

Alabama had a couple of hard seasons under Shula...they had a couple of really hard years before that.  Shula had 3-4 years to turn the program around...as each new head coach should (providing they aren't idiots and try stupid plays on 4th and one at your own 29).

Stoops is having one bad year.  Still much better than ours.

Miami...changed coaches...and I believe it was Butch Davis that brought them back.

Moody...your knowledge of college football is so limited it is laughable.  You are so far below me in intellectual ability I will no longer waste my time with you.  Good day sir.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas