• 382,871 Topics
• 21,411 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Rumor about Butch Davis  (Read 5850 times)

whatsshakinbacon

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net Rocks!
Re: New Rumor about Butch Davis
« Reply #100 on: November 08, 2005, 10:35:24 pm »

okay guys, this is getting nuts.

Theory: BD doesn't apparently need the money (The NFL buyout is paying him handsomely). And following in Bowden's shoes at FSU is going to be a nightmarish comparison for whoever comes in. BD's allegedly building a home in S'dale and nobody in the AD's office has voiced support publicly for Nutt in about 2 months. Malzahn has been rumored for months to be headed to F'ville, as has his ace quarterback, who HAS already verbally committed.

Nutt made one of the most desperate playcalls ever seen in Razorback stadium on Saturday, the same day that he took the redshirt off of a true freshman quarterback 7 games into the season. JFB has a history of angrily reacting to poor coaching, his silence right now is almost stunning.

Pieces of the puzzle are all in place for a huge announcement, it's almost too obvious. It has been the history of our athletic department (and most across the country) to not leak out coaching changes before it is time to announce them. In fact, ours has been particularly good at disseminating misinformation to keep everyone off target (see Rick Schaeffer saying Nolan would be back the day before he was axed).

I have been wrong a number of times about a number of things, but it is very logical to conclude that our setup next year will be Butch Davis, Gus Malzahn, Reggie Herring, and Mitch Mustain at QB. I know this is hopeful, but nobody has heard anything official to the contrary lately.

Bacon out...

Bacon,

You know that I love you more than my cat. but I am having trouble getting to sleep tonight, can you please come over and tell me another FAIRY TAIL?
come over and tell me another Fairy Tail.

$$$$$$ mean everything my friend....Lindsey and Broyles see the writing on the walls...more Nutt means less $$$$$ in the long run.  Hiring BD means ticket sales through the roof for the next three - four years.

Oh, and it's Fairy TALE...

Love you too, man.

Bacon out...

Since 1894

• I came to Arkansas because I am a huge "KEYS" Fan!
« Reply #101 on: November 08, 2005, 10:43:51 pm »

Thanks

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

chiefsfan

• Gold Hogvillian
  • ASU fan here for laughs and the college baseball.
« Reply #102 on: November 08, 2005, 10:58:41 pm »

i read on hogville where bd is being touted by florida state to take over when bowden resigns......

Really????  I Did Too...   Amazing aint it!!!!

HogFansReunited

• AKA HogFansReunited
  • USN AW2
« Reply #103 on: November 09, 2005, 12:35:04 am »

okay guys, this is getting nuts.

Theory: BD doesn't apparently need the money (The NFL buyout is paying him handsomely).  And following in Bowden's shoes at FSU is going to be a nightmarish comparison for whoever comes in.  BD's allegedly building a home in S'dale and nobody in the AD's office has voiced support publicly for Nutt in about 2 months.  Malzahn has been rumored for months to be headed to F'ville, as has his ace quarterback, who HAS already verbally committed. 

Nutt made one of the most desperate playcalls ever seen in Razorback stadium on Saturday, the same day that he took the redshirt off of a true freshman quarterback 7 games into the season. JFB has a history of angrily reacting to poor coaching, his silence right now is almost stunning.

Pieces of the puzzle are all in place for a huge announcement, it's almost too obvious.  It has been the history of our athletic department (and most across the country) to not leak out coaching changes before it is time to announce them.  In fact, ours has been particularly good at disseminating misinformation to keep everyone off target (see Rick Schaeffer saying Nolan would be back the day before he was axed).

I have been wrong a number of times about a number of things, but it is very logical to conclude that our setup next year will be Butch Davis, Gus Malzahn, Reggie Herring, and Mitch Mustain at QB.  I know this is hopeful, but nobody has heard anything official to the contrary lately.

Bacon out...

I completely agree with this and hope this is correct.  I have been saying for months that FB has always supported whoever the HC is while they are coaching.  FB will continue to support Nutt until the day that he is fired or resigns.

The REAL rumor is that wherever Butch goes he's taking Gus and Mitch with him.
I have no idea if there is any truth to it but I wouldn't want to be Frank or big Jim if it happens.

I believe this is 100 percent true.  Everyone knows that Davis has been talking to Gus a lot and Mitch will follow Gus and Butch where ever they decide to go.  I just hope that they decide to go to Arkansas.  The only way I don't see this happening is if Frank is completely stupid

jkstock04

« Reply #104 on: November 09, 2005, 07:40:18 am »

If Butch taking the Fla. St. job and taking Malzahn and Mustain with him happens I WILL BE DONE! That will prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that our administration dosen't give a shitt about a winning FB program. I will just watch college games on TV, but not the Hogs, and I will spend my hard earned money on Dallas Cowboys tickets. It will be friggin UNBELIEVABLE if JFB and Lindsey let this happen, but if they do, I say again I WILL BE DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I believe that I'll be with you along with a lot of other fans.  I've suggested this might happen before and everyone just dismissed it to be stupid...well, whatever.  All I know is if this happens I'll move on to something else, which will be hard for a guy who's 24 yrs old and I haven't missed a home game for the past 5 years. 

brooks74

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #105 on: November 09, 2005, 08:21:37 am »

I don't see Davis taking the FSU job b/c Bowden isn't going to retire this year and if he does, I don't think Butch Davis would want it.  Whoever follows Bowden will never live up to the hype of following a legend.  The coach who takes over for Bowden's replacement will be the one who succeeds.  Look at Florida with Ron Zook and Meyer.  Meyer isn't having any better of a year than Zook did, but Zook followed Spurrier

PiggoBitttys

• Senior
« Reply #106 on: November 09, 2005, 08:27:24 am »

Just for a little more spice into the theory of Butch taking Gus and Mitch with him elsewhere, what about the other commitments?? Not just Norman, but recruits from everywhere else that have come here with the idea that we are getting one of the top QB's in the nation with them.

Myron McKinney was very excited when we got Mitch, and talked about Mitch as much as Arkansas. Add to the fact he's an Oklahoma guy and has been speaking out of both sides of his mouth when talking to Arkansas reporters and Oklahoma reporters, but for now he's commited, and I think he'll come if Mitch comes.

Add in any receivers that we somehow get that are convinved Mitch is coming. I know it's a big deal to them. Norman, obviously, but other receivers that are strongly considering us. And I'd be willing ot bet a couple of other prospects on different positions would strongly reconsider if Mitch were to go somewhere else. Recruits right now think we are young and the future is bright. Mitch Mustain is certainly a part of the future I'm sure Houston has been trying to sell.

In short, Butch, Gus and Mitch all leaving would obviously be a tragedy of epic proportions, it would also further dismantle our recruiting class. Set us back a long time I'm afraid.

HogHillbilly

• ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS NATIONAL CHAMPS - SOUNDS GOOD
« Reply #107 on: November 09, 2005, 09:19:12 am »

I agree......read my post at the top of the page homie !

AUSTXHOG

• Hogvillian
  • Who put that chair here?!?
« Reply #108 on: November 09, 2005, 09:51:21 am »

New Rumor......On sports radio in Austin, TX, the word is down here, that Butch Davis is a likely candidate to replace Coach Fran at AtM.  I've heard it all this week, and those aggies aren't happy with their situation down here.  His team has given up on him.  Someonce called into the station this morning and said BD was headed to the hill....and the broadcasters acted as though they didn't know HDN was on the hotseat.  They stated that Atm or Nebraska would be calling BD at the end of the season......so the BOT's need to act on this quick....or I'm afraid it won't happen.

PiggoBitttys

• Senior
« Reply #109 on: November 09, 2005, 10:30:46 am »

I agree......read my post at the top of the page homie !
Ya, I did. I just wanted to elaborate on it a little.

HogHillbilly

« Reply #110 on: November 09, 2005, 10:39:04 am »

That's cool Piggo..................And it sounds like there are 3 or 4 schools wanting Butch................I'm afraid he will more than likely take one of them. Im sure he is tired of the Goat Rope that is going on on the hill right now just like we are. I would'nt take a chance on waiting on Broyles to make a decision and getting passed on all these schools while waiting..............

ken

« Reply #111 on: November 09, 2005, 02:00:38 pm »

New Rumor......On sports radio in Austin, TX, the word is down here, that Butch Davis is a likely candidate to replace Coach Fran at AtM. I've heard it all this week, and those aggies aren't happy with their situation down here.

that would really surprise me, my dad is an aggie lover & their history has always been to stick with a guy way past his usefulness..  ooops sounds like us with jfb & hdn doesn't it...

e_dub

• Senior
  • Japanese food
« Reply #112 on: November 09, 2005, 02:09:51 pm »

New Rumor......On sports radio in Austin, TX, the word is down here, that Butch Davis is a likely candidate to replace Coach Fran at AtM. I've heard it all this week, and those aggies aren't happy with their situation down here. His team has given up on him. Someonce called into the station this morning and said BD was headed to the hill....and the broadcasters acted as though they didn't know HDN was on the hotseat. They stated that Atm or Nebraska would be calling BD at the end of the season......so the BOT's need to act on this quick....or I'm afraid it won't happen.

Butch will never coach at aTm....

Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter

• President and life time member of the Hobby Shop.
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • SPORTS HAS NEVER BEEN SO UGLY!
    • facebook.com/uglyuncle.
« Reply #113 on: November 09, 2005, 02:11:02 pm »

I agree with Bacon on this one.  If Nutt is staying...why hasn't Frank come back out and said something?  The silence from the hill is encouraging.  (fingers crossed)

Hardwork321

• Varsity
  • Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #114 on: November 09, 2005, 02:12:09 pm »

If BD goes to A&M the springdale coach will be going also along with MM!!!

HogHillbilly

« Reply #115 on: November 09, 2005, 02:50:10 pm »

I hope that we are not going to have yet another let down from the Hill. I guess we will find out in 3 weeks ! Just pray that Butch does'nt go somewhere else and take Gus and Mitch with him.......................Not even Broyles and Lindsey could survive that one...............

Feralhog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • BOOM! Snakeyes
« Reply #116 on: November 09, 2005, 02:55:42 pm »

I hope that we are not going to have yet another let down from the Hill. I guess we will find out in 3 weeks ! Just pray that Butch does'nt go somewhere else and take Gus and Mitch with him.......................Not even Broyles and Lindsey could survive that one...............

It will be interesting to see if Nutt does throw the ball all over the lot these last 3 games as has been suggested.† You talk about the stars lining up.† Totally risk free because he can use it as an excuse if we lose a few more games.† It insulates him IF we only win 5 or 6 next year because it would be argued by his supporters as showing signs of improvement because we only one 3 games the year before.† And finally, if it turns out that Dick lights it up, it would soften the blow if some of the things Mike described, took place.† Trouble is, I donít think Nuttís smart enough to figure all this out.†

HogHillbilly

« Reply #117 on: November 09, 2005, 03:07:46 pm »

My gut tells me that MSU in Little Rock will be the only game left that we win. But your right Feral..........I think Nuttless will pull out all the stops in a last ditch effort to not only save his job but to prove that he can turn it all around.

Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter

• President and life time member of the Hobby Shop.
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • SPORTS HAS NEVER BEEN SO UGLY!
    • facebook.com/uglyuncle.
« Reply #118 on: November 09, 2005, 04:38:30 pm »

How bad have things gotten that what is best for the program is to lose atleast 2 out of the last 3 games.  That is where we stand folks.  If we lose we win. 

whatsshakinbacon

• Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #119 on: November 09, 2005, 04:40:12 pm »

My gut tells me that MSU in Little Rock will be the only game left that we win. But your right Feral..........I think Nuttless will pull out all the stops in a last ditch effort to not only save his job but to prove that he can turn it all around.

Unless he can create fundamentally sound pass blocking in a two week span this effort will fail.  He will continue to go with what he thinks works, McFadden to the right, left, or up the gut.

Bacon out...

Jim Harris

• Global Moderator
  • Bring me some DTs!
« Reply #120 on: November 09, 2005, 04:41:02 pm »

When will this thread end?

arkrzrbacks

• Hogvillian
  • Here we go Again
« Reply #121 on: November 09, 2005, 04:45:38 pm »

THE END!!!!!

as long as we have Nutt we are at the end.....

Butch Davis for Coach  <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<------------------

HogHillbilly

« Reply #122 on: November 09, 2005, 05:19:39 pm »

Drakehog it will never end ! At least not for 3 weeks when we find out about Nutt.............
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas