Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Great Win By the Hogs Today! Keep it Up, Pel!

Started by Hog Milanese, February 06, 2010, 05:53:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog Milanese

4 more wins, and we finish the season with a winning record.

That was a great game today, and really enjoyed the crowd enthusiasm today. I lost my voice from yelling!

WPS!!!!!  :razorback:

Breems

I lost my voice as well.  Thought I was the only one.

It really TICKS ME OFF when people come to hog games and sit in their seats and text the whole game; even in overtime when our guys needed all the support they could get.  If you're going to text at a Razorback basketball game, you need to give your tickets up to someone who will cheer.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

QuadHog

Quote from: Hog Milanese on February 06, 2010, 05:53:34 pm
4 more wins, and we finish the season with a winning record.

That was a great game today, and really enjoyed the crowd enthusiasm today. I lost my voice from yelling!

WPS!!!!!  :razorback:
Pretty lively at times.You couldnt be the guy behind me,his voice was still strong at the end.He was amusing,we were 18 rows up across the court from the bench and he yelled at CJP like  Pel was listening to him.It had been awhile since I was in the Bud,that was a decent crowd considering the last few on TV.Good with all the FB recruits that were with CBP today.

hogpowr

:razorback:

I am glad for Pel, and the Hogs, good job.
Welcome Coach Bielema!

HogFansReunited

Wow, we played like crap today and we were lucky to escape with a win.  Pel is showing how bad of a coach he is.  We are on a 4 game win streak, big freaking deal.  That should be normal.  Why are we so happy about winning 4 in a row.  I will not be happy until this team is back to competing for the SEC Championship every year and us making the big dance isn't even a question.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

The Boar War

Very entertaining game.  I was worried that this might be a let down.  I didn't expect them to win at Ole Miss and Georgia but I fully expected a win today.  Glad to see they were able to win when they're need to/ are expected to.

thirtythree

Quote from: HogFansReunited on February 06, 2010, 09:01:31 pm
Wow, we played like crap today and we were lucky to escape with a win.  Pel is showing how bad of a coach he is.  We are on a 4 game win streak, big freaking deal.  That should be normal.  Why are we so happy about winning 4 in a row.  I will not be happy until this team is back to competing for the SEC Championship every year and us making the big dance isn't even a question.

Go take a nap and we'll wake you when that happens.

Hogberry Snortcake

Maybe you should rethink your name, chief.

GoodLuckGus

You do realize that to get from where we are now to where you want use to be we have to win a few games first, right?  It doesn't just happen instantly.  So maybe, just maybe, it's OK for you to show a little enthusiasm about the potential progress in between... you think???

Kevin

there is always one to try and hijack a positive thread
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

JONAS

I think the reason they played like crap is that they were tired.  They have played 4 games in 10 days.  I am happy about a 4 game winning streak because it is a 4 game SEC winning streak.  2 of them were on the road.  The Hogs have went form 5th to 1st in 2 weeks.  Would you have rather we lost the last 4 games?

WxHog

Quote from: Breems on February 06, 2010, 08:15:33 pm

It really TICKS ME OFF when people come to hog games and sit in their seats and text the whole game; even in overtime when our guys needed all the support they could get.  If you're going to text at a Razorback basketball game, you need to give your tickets up to someone who will cheer.

At least they stayed for overtime.   I saw several different small groups of people who actually left before regulation.   It amazes me that to some people beating the traffic is more important than actually seeing who wins.  What's the point of even coming if you are not even going to bother to see who wins?   ???

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Quote from: WxHog on February 06, 2010, 09:43:04 pm
At least they stayed for overtime.   I saw several different small groups of people who actually left before regulation.   It amazes me that to some people beating the traffic is more important than actually seeing who wins.  What's the point of even coming if you are not even going to bother to see who wins?   ???

Agree totally..  Kinda like when an anouncer gives the player of the game in football with like 6 min left in the game..  I'm like how you know some1 isnt gonna score twice in that amount of time

Hog Milanese

In a way, this WAS a letdown game. We played poorly in several aspects, let a poor team play us close at home... but we still WON.

That's a good sign.

HogFansReunited

Keep on dreaming guys.  Pel is not the man for the job.  The only way we get back to where we once were is by getting a real coach.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Member #3568

Hot_Town_Hog

uhhh...let me see...oh yea, it has only happen like 3 times in 15 years!! Hopefully we will get back to that being the norm soon, but it has been a long time since that was the case. While we have not won the West yet by any means, that has not been accomplished since 95. I am sure there would be excitement over that as well.

Any chance you hibernated after the 95 season and just now woke up?

With the classes we have coming in the next two years, I think we are headed in the right direction. Also still think this team has a little more to prove this season, and they will in IMO.

ArkieBrat

I am excited for the team and for the fans!  I wanted at least 8 conference wins this season & just maybe we will get there.  WOOHOO!!!!
My all time Razorback favs.....

1. 1969 Shootout (Longhorns 'n Hogs football)
2.  Great Alaska Shootout under Eddie Sutton
3.  Orange Bowl CLASSIC under the Great Lou
4.  Rollin w/Nolan AND the '94 NC
5.  Being able to see Nolan and Company at the Aloha Classic in Honolulu (Dec '94) & all of us breaking bread together at a luau, & watching Nolan do the hula after being called onstage. AWESOME!  It doesn't get any better than that.

greasy_corner

Quote from: Hot_Town_Hog on February 06, 2010, 10:17:45 pm
uhhh...let me see...oh yea, it has only happen like 3 times in 15 years!! Hopefully we will get back to that being the norm soon, but it has been a long time since that was the case. While we have not won the West yet by any means, that has not been accomplished since 95. I am sure there would be excitement over that as well.

With the classes we have coming in the next two years, I think we are headed in the right direction. Also still think this team has a little more to prove this season, and they will in IMO.

Stolen like a Mike Ratliff pass from another board:

95: @ Vandy, @Bama, OM, @LSU, @UF, Aub, Vandy (SECT), Bama (SEC)
96: MSU, @Bama, LSU, USC
00: Aub, UGA (SECT), UK (SECT), UK (SECT), LSU (SECT), Aub (SECT)
01: LSU, @USC, UK, @Bama, UGA, LSU (SECT)
06: UF, Bama, @Tenn, MSU, @ UGA, UGA (SECT)
08: @LSU, MSU, UF, OM

HogFansReunited

Quote from: Hot_Town_Hog on February 06, 2010, 10:17:45 pm

I think all of you are asleep at the wheel right now.  Remember how things were last year when we beat TX and OK?  Yeah, this is about like then.  I am glad we have won but I don't see that much improvment.

Member #3568

SWAhog

QuoteKeep on dreaming guys.  Pel is not the man for the job.  The only way we get back to where we once were is by getting a real coach.

No! What we really need is REAL FANS.
You know you're getting older when your idea of lettin it loose is taking a laxative.

Spider-Pig

Quote from: HogFansReunited on February 06, 2010, 10:25:06 pm
I think all of you are asleep at the wheel right now.  Remember how things were last year when we beat TX and OK?  Yeah, this is about like then.  I am glad we have won but I don't see that much improvment.

One thing we didnt have last year was Marshawn Powell   :razorback:

secfan30

Quote from: Hog Milanese on February 06, 2010, 10:06:16 pm
In a way, this WAS a letdown game. We played poorly in several aspects, let a poor team play us close at home... but we still WON.

That's a good sign.

This I agree with. We should have won by double digits, but with the way we played we should have lost and we didn't. I am not a Pelphrey supporter, but I will say good win and congrats to everyone that's a Razorback tonight.

NuttMustGo!

thirtythree

Fail

Quote from: HogFansReunited on February 06, 2010, 10:08:15 pm
Keep on dreaming guys.  Pel is not the man for the job.  The only way we get back to where we once were is by getting a real coach.

Total fail

Quote from: HogFansReunited on February 06, 2010, 10:25:06 pm

Epic fail

Danny J

Quote from: JONAS on February 06, 2010, 09:42:15 pm
I think the reason they played like crap is that they were tired.  They have played 4 games in 10 days.  I am happy about a 4 game winning streak because it is a 4 game SEC winning streak.  2 of them were on the road.  The Hogs have went form 5th to 1st in 2 weeks.  Would you have rather we lost the last 4 games?
I agree. We were very tired early on and Auburn has been off for a week. They were more fresh.

Breems

Quote from: headhawg7 on February 07, 2010, 02:07:55 am
I agree. We were very tired early on and Auburn has been off for a week. They were more fresh.

That's why they hit more 3's than a telephone booth on a cold summer day. 
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Hog Milanese

Quote from: Breems on February 07, 2010, 02:12:47 am
That's why they hit more 3's than a telephone booth on a cold summer day. 

The fact that we still won after giving up like 12 threes shows a lot about this team. Impressive, to say the least, considering how this year started.

OKhogfan1959

Quote from: Hog Milanese on February 06, 2010, 10:06:16 pm

That's a good sign.

I agree 100%. We won without Washington and beat a team that was ready for us. They also started out on fire hitting all kinds of 3s.

Everyone was saying the Georgia game should have been easy. How did Tenn feel about going to Georgia?

DeltaBoy

A good hard win.  The guys didn't fold and won in OT.  This bunch might have turned the corner.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.