Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Deonte Welch IS visiting USF.....

Started by James Tiberius Pork, January 30, 2010, 08:40:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

James Tiberius Pork

With the loss of Williams we really need to hold on to this kid.

The_Boot_stops_here

James Tiberius Pork

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 30, 2010, 08:49:00 pm
not really

No offense, But I'll take BP edited's evaluation over yours. been recruiting him since he was a junior.

Music City Hog

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: James Tiberius Pork on January 30, 2010, 08:51:11 pm
No offense, But I'll take BP edited's evaluation over yours. been recruiting him since he was a junior.

no offense taken...but still dont care

Oklahawg

Welch is a cover CB. Yeah, we have a bazillion of those.

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

The_Boot_stops_here

i wouldnt exactly call him a "cover corner", or at least certainly not a proven one...he's listed as an athlete and played mostly RB in HS...not saying he doesnt have the potential but lets not pretend that hes something hes not...yet anyway

Oklahawg

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on January 30, 2010, 09:16:07 pm
i wouldnt exactly call him a "cover corner", or at least certainly not a proven one...he's listed as an athlete and played mostly RB in HS...not saying he doesnt have the potential but lets not pretend that hes something hes not...yet anyway

There is back-channel info that the staff sees him as a cover corner capable of pushing for playing time this year.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

OKhogfan1959

Wasn't he told if he made that trip he would lose the Arkansas offer? Not 100% sure but think he was told.

Just save some of these ships for next year. We will be recruiting from a whole different platform.

Zen_Hog

Quote from: LawnHog48 on January 31, 2010, 09:27:19 am
Wasn't he told if he made that trip he would lose the Arkansas offer? Not 100% sure but think he was told.

Just save some of these ships for next year. We will be recruiting from a whole different platform.

Saving scholarships sounds lik a good idea but attrition happens so it's a little safer to sign to get to the full 85.

bighog77

I wouldnt be suprised to see Welch gone with the Exodus going on.

OKhogfan1959

Quote from: bighog77 on January 31, 2010, 06:48:40 pm
I wouldnt be suprised to see Welch gone with the Exodus going on.

He might be gone and it probably won't be his decision. Just another schollie for next years bumper class.

jackflash

With the effort and time they spend in Florida the last two years. Crim,Leon Ray, Wade and Bryd if Welch wants to come think they will take him. Trying to open up this area for the Razorbacks.