• 382,427 Topics
• 21,385 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bo and Mike today announced that Butch Davis is interested in the job  (Read 10510 times)

NuttsSacked

Re: Bo and Mike today announced that Butch Davis is interested in the job
« Reply #200 on: November 04, 2005, 09:23:43 pm »

Arty, you're stupid.

Anti-OtisII

« Reply #201 on: November 04, 2005, 09:27:34 pm »

Read the whole sentence Artyhog.  I said that stats are for losers unless they concentrate on the whole point of competition....WINS.  I'm not giving you offensive stats or defensive stats or turnover margin or any crap like that.  Just wins and losses.  You are welcome to comment on the wins and losses, but I'm sure you would just rather stick with those published in the HDN propaganda "Media Guide".  What did you say earlier.... 

Typical responses from the Hates. Blah, Blah, Blah... I did not expect anything less.

So now I give you what you asked for and now it is your turn for blah, blah, blah.  I did not expect anything less.  Thanks for your participation.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

HogFansReunited

• AKA HogFansReunited
  • Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • USN AW2
« Reply #202 on: November 04, 2005, 09:27:53 pm »

Here’s my list…

Bowl Appearances (98-04)
Ark – 6
Aub- 6
LSU – 5
Ole Miss – 5
Ala – 4
Ms St -3

Most Home wins (98-04)

Ark – 38
LSU – 36
Aub – 34

The rest do not matter

More to prove offensive knowledge of Nutt…

#1 SEC Team Red Zone Offense Efficiency (02-04) – 29.8

#1 SEC West Team Scoring Offense (98-04) 29.0

#1 SEC Turnover margin (98-04) - +.476

#1 Turnover Forced (98-04) - 186

#1 SEC Team in Rushing (98-04) – 183.3

#2 SEC Team in Fewest Sacks Allowed (98-04) – 124

#3 SEC Team Offense (02-04) – 393.0

3 NFL 1st round Draftees in the last 2 years

You can read all these stats and more if you read the Media Guide.

So your argument that Nutt can not coach an offense is not very solid. When the season is over, I will add this years accomplishments to the growing list.

I have been saying that the defense is the problem, not the offense.

KEEP NUTT!

OK we made it to a bunch of crap bowls and how many of those bowl games did we win?

Home wins???  Yeah but how many losses did we have?

HogFansReunited

• AKA HogFansReunited
  • USN AW2
« Reply #203 on: November 04, 2005, 09:30:38 pm »

Sorry didn't see AOII post when I wrote the last one.

Anti-OtisII

« Reply #204 on: November 04, 2005, 09:30:41 pm »

Arty, you're stupid.

Artyhog's not stupid.  He's just a Nutt supporter.  No need for name calling.

NuttsSacked

« Reply #205 on: November 04, 2005, 09:41:39 pm »

Arty, you're stupid.

Artyhog's not stupid. He's just a Nutt supporter. No need for name calling.

BS.  Anyone not getting it by now is STUPID.  Facts mean nothing to them.

Anti-OtisII

« Reply #206 on: November 04, 2005, 09:49:51 pm »

Arty, you're stupid.

Artyhog's not stupid. He's just a Nutt supporter. No need for name calling.

BS. Anyone not getting it by now is STUPID. Facts mean nothing to them.

Well, don't hold back anymore.  Tell us how you really feel.   ;D

PiggyBack

• All-American Hogvillian
  • That's the last straw....
« Reply #207 on: November 04, 2005, 10:58:57 pm »

You asked for facts, you got them.

KEEP NUTT!

I pity you

junkyardhog

« Reply #208 on: November 04, 2005, 11:00:36 pm »

Believe it or not, we need guys like Arty. Seriously. Just like Rick Schaeffer. We NEED them. They are the guys asking "Where's the Pony?"

Anti-OtisII

« Reply #209 on: November 07, 2005, 08:13:08 pm »

God bless you Artyhog, you are a true believer. That belief can only be based on faith because the facts (even yours) don't show much to believe in and I'm not just talking about the last 2 years either.

Here’s my list…

Bowl Appearances (98-04)
Ark – 6 (includes "buying" its way into the 2000 Las Vegas Bowl) Bowl record 2-4
Aub- 5 (five straight years under TT and counting) Bowl record 3-2 and 1 BCS bowl
LSU – 5 (every year under HC Saban and this year will be no different under LM) Bowl record 3-2 and 2 BCS bowls
Ole Miss – 5 (was left out of a bowl in 2001 with a 7-4 record) Bowl record 4-1
Ala – 4 (ineligible for 2 years because of NCAA sanctions) Bowl record 1-3 and 1 BCS bowl
Ms St -3 (NCAA sanctions?) Bowl record 2-1

So during these glory days of the bowl streak we've been to no BCS bowls (unlike 3 other SECW teams) and we've only won 2 bowl games which ties us with MSU and only puts us one win ahead of Bama which was ineligible for bowl games for two years.

Most Home wins (98-04)

Ark – 38
LSU – 36
Aub – 34

The rest do not matter

More to prove offensive knowledge of Nutt…

#1 SEC Team Red Zone Offense Efficiency (02-04) – 29.8

#1 SEC West Team Scoring Offense (98-04) 29.0

#1 SEC Turnover margin (98-04) - +.476

#1 Turnover Forced (98-04) - 186

#1 SEC Team in Rushing (98-04) – 183.3

#2 SEC Team in Fewest Sacks Allowed (98-04) – 124

#3 SEC Team Offense (02-04) – 393.0

3 NFL 1st round Draftees in the last 2 years

You can read all these stats and more if you read the Media Guide.

So your argument that Nutt can not coach an offense is not very solid. When the season is over, I will add this years accomplishments to the growing list.

I have been saying that the defense is the problem, not the offense.

KEEP NUTT!

Statistics are for losers unless they concentrate on the whole point of competition...TO WIN. Who cares if the offensive stats are good if the defensive stats are so bad that you are losing more than you are winning. It's not as simple as we've got a great running offense and now all we need is a QB to help our passing and to hire a DC to fix our terrible defense. The offensive stats are so good because the recruiting of defensive players has been neglected in favor of having successful offensive recruits. There are only SO MANY scholarships that can be given out and you just can't turn around in one season and "fix the defense" that has been neglected for over 4 years. This is the reason that you see offensive players (like WRs) being moved from offense to play DE. HDN is the Head Coach and not the offensive coordinator. He doesn't get paid $1.5 M per year to be an OC and make sure the offensive stats are good. He is paid that kind of money for the team to WIN GAMES. Those are the stats that matter. Please read below.

I don't think the haters know what a fact is. Here's one. FACT: until last year, The Hogs had the best record in the West during the Nutt era.

Hater FACT: the last 2 years have not been good.

Hater facts come from the last few years. Nutt supporters Facts come from the first few years. Haters have given up. supporters believe that Nutt can get back to what he has proven he can do.

You accuse supporters of not using facts. I see them all the time and they are ignored in favor of OPINION. I have no problem with that, this is an opinion board. Take the facts whatever way you want to spin them, but don't pretend like your crystal ball works any better than mine.

Hater (actually reaslist) facts don't just come from the last 2 years. I will show you the FACTS that go all the way back through the last 5 1/2 years. You can hang your hat on the first 2 years if you like and hope for the best, but you're betting on a long shot. It's your choice, but don't ignore the last 5 1/2 years of declining results.

Going back through the last 5 1/2 years (thru the 2000 season):

1) Arkansas is one of only 3 SEC teams to not finish in the Final Top 25 poll at least once. The other 2 teams are Kentucky and Vanderbilt.

2) Arkansas' record against SEC opponents during this time frame is now 19-24 (or 44.2%). That winning percentage is 9th out of the 12 SEC teams and is only better than Kentucky (15.9%), Vanderbilt (11.1%), and MSU (20.0%).

3) Arkansas' overall record during this time frame is now 38-31 (or 55.1%). That record and winning percentage puts us in 8th place tied with Alabama out of the 12 SEC teams and is only better than the same three teams listed above.

4) Arkansas' record against SEC teams during this time frame in Fayetteville is now 7-10 (or 41.1%). It is simply unforgivable to lose that many home SEC games in our newly renovated stadium. We are NEVER going to be a SEC contender unless we can win your home games in Fayetteville.

5) After this year is over, HDN will have coached only 2 seasons out of 8 total in which his team finished with a winning SEC record. During that time every SECW team except MSU has had at least one year in which their SEC record was better than HDN's BEST SEC record of 6-2 (in his very first year with none of his own recruits) and MSU matched that record of 6-2 in 1998. LSU 8-0, Auburn 8-0, Bama 7-1, Ole Miss 7-1. Yes, that's right.....even Ole Miss has been able to have a better SEC record at 7-1 in the 2003 season than HDN has ever accomplished. Please note that Ole Miss fired that same Head Coach only ONE year later after the 2004 season when he posted his first losing season at 4-7.

You say that stats are for losers and then you add your own stats.

So if a person that likes Nutt gives stats they are a loser. When Haters give stats they are facts.

To coin another poster - Amasing!

Updated win-loss stats for you Artyhog:

2) Arkansas' record against SEC opponents during this time frame is now 19-24 (or 44.2%) 19-25 (or 43.2%).

3) Arkansas' overall record during this time frame is now 38-31 (or 55.1%) 38-32 (or 54.3%). That record and winning percentage puts us in 8th place tied with Alabama 9th place out (now all by ourselves behind Bama) of the 12 SEC teams and is only better than the same three teams listed above.

4) Arkansas' record against SEC teams during this time frame in Fayetteville is now 7-10 (or 41.1%) 7-11 (or 38.9%). It is simply unforgivable to lose that many home SEC games in our newly renovated stadium. We are NEVER going to be a SEC contender unless we can win your home games in Fayetteville.

We won't be catching up to S. Carolina anytime soon as long as HDN is our HC and Spurrier is there.  This is just pathetic.

artyhog

• Enjoying one with the Misses!
« Reply #210 on: November 07, 2005, 08:27:27 pm »

You asked for facts, you got them.

KEEP NUTT!

I pity you

Pity yourself.  I'm not the one that is mad.

artyhog

« Reply #211 on: November 07, 2005, 08:28:18 pm »

I would like any of you computer internet heros to call me stupid to my face.  Any takers?

artyhog

« Reply #212 on: November 07, 2005, 08:29:23 pm »

It is just appaling that fog fans jump on each other when they are angry at someone else. 

Amasing!

Sonofahog

• Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs!
« Reply #213 on: November 07, 2005, 08:32:21 pm »

Fight,  fight,  fight!!!!

artyhog

« Reply #214 on: November 07, 2005, 08:32:22 pm »

I am glad that some of you were not in battle with me.  When things were not going your way you would have shot you buddy.  Amasing!

Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter

• President and life time member of the Hobby Shop.
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • SPORTS HAS NEVER BEEN SO UGLY!
    • facebook.com/uglyuncle.
« Reply #215 on: November 07, 2005, 11:01:09 pm »

I'm your huckleberry Arty

Mark_Freeman

• Senior
  • Hogville.net
    • River Valley Leader
« Reply #216 on: November 07, 2005, 11:41:57 pm »

You have got to be kiddin me, are you all mentally retarted?! gone 2 or 3 years ago? Texas at Austin 2 years ago, 8-4 two years ago??? If we could've recruited any WR who wanted to play w/ Matt Jones, or any QB that wanted to rot behind him then we would be better off now, but its hard to get a WR to come play for a QB that cant throw and would rather run. We should be blaming MJ as bad as that sounds, but im about sick of all the rumors and BS and until any of it is set in stone i'd rather not have to even hear about it.

Nutt should have been gone 2 or 3 yrs ago.

That is very similar to what was said about Nolan. How does how admin. keep allowing for these declines in our programs?

aristotle

« Reply #217 on: November 08, 2005, 12:36:41 am »

I'd just assume nobody mention Butch is interested in the job if we are going to retain NUTT. It adds insult to injury.

Please step down HDN, for the love of all that is holy and sacred.

Fire Numb Nutts!!!

• Senior
  • Damn you, Numb Nutts and Big Senile Frank!!!
« Reply #218 on: November 08, 2005, 01:47:45 am »

Scott Faldon, please write more columns in the SWTR telling the truth about Numb Nutts and the Nuttzi mediocrity-loving clowns who support him. Someone in the press has to counteract those Nutt Suckers, Wally Hall and Clay Henry.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas