Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MIKE ANDERSON OR BUST!!!!

Started by SemperHawg, November 29, 2009, 07:18:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SemperHawg

Its my new party line for this year!!!

3kgthog

I wouldn't be surprised to see him tell us to stick it. He's got the better program anyway.

jman

We'd have to wait til years end to get Mike.  Hes a class guy, he would not leave Missouri hanging mid season.

forrest city joe

Quote from: SemperHawg on November 29, 2009, 07:18:55 pm
Its my new party line for this year!!!
Wait now. there was a poll on here about a week ago,and most folks on here wanted to keep Pel for even another year after this one. they picked him over Mike. wonder where those people are now?

secfan30

40 Minutes of Hell, 40 Minutes of Hell, My Kingdom for 40 Minutes of Hell.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

The_Iceman

Arkansas Basketball >>>>> Mizzou Basketball 

Right now its not, but the overall program is. We need the coach to get us back to that top 25 level program.

Is it Mike Anderson? If not, then who?

jdhawg

i like mike anderson as well as anyone, but what has he done on his own without nolan.

The_Iceman

Quote from: jdhawg on November 29, 2009, 07:28:38 pm
i like mike anderson as well as anyone, but what has he done on his own without nolan.

Sweet 16 with UAB

Elite 8 with Mizzou

4 NCAA Appearances in 7 years with UAB and Mizzou

Overall: 156-76 "without Nolan"

WilsonHog

Quote from: jman on November 29, 2009, 07:23:22 pm
We'd have to wait til years end to get Mike.  Hes a class guy, he would not leave Missouri hanging mid season.

We're going to be waiting until season's end to get a new coach, regardless of whether Pel is fired now or later. Any coach who steps in now will be interim only.

SemperHawg

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 29, 2009, 07:31:26 pm
Sweet 16 with UAB

Elite 8 with Mizzou

4 NCAA Appearances in 7 years with UAB and Mizzou

Overall: 156-76 "without Nolan"
I want Mike, I don't think he will leave mid season or anything but I just think if the money is right and Long lets Nolan do some of the "brokering/extending" I think he would come.  He has seen what its like here at its peak and no disrespect to Mizzou, but when Hog B-Ball is rolling the Tigers can't hold our Jock strap. 

Also wouldn't he have AAU connections in Memphis with Todd Day?

MIKE ANDERSON OR BUST BABY!!!!

Rebel Fan

Quote from: jman on November 29, 2009, 07:23:22 pm
Why would he want to leave Missouri for this mess? You guys sound like you can go out and get Mike Anderson like no big deal. He's not dumb. He will never coach here. Pel will finish the year out and Jeff Long will sit down with Pel then and discuss the program.
JUST IMAGINE IF THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN A BLACK PLAYER MIKE LEACH LOCKED IN THE SHED.  JESSE JACKSON, OPRAH WINFREY, AL SHARPTON YOUR JETS ARE FUELED AND READY FOR DEPARTURE TO LUBBOCK.

WilsonHog

Quote from: Rebel Fan on November 29, 2009, 08:08:29 pm
Why would he want to leave Missouri for this mess? You guys sound like you can go out and get Mike Anderson like no big deal. He's not dumb. He will never coach here. Pel will finish the year out and Jeff Long will sit down with Pel then and discuss the program.

If Mike Anderson "will never coach here" he must have changed his mind.

Recently.

BossHog13

I'm on that train ... Mike Anderson or Bust!

Boarcephus

Mike is not going to leave Missouri.  Memphis made a strong run at him, offered a good deal and he stuck with Missouri.  He said they gave him the chance and he's loyal.  We need to move on to option #2 because Option #1 has sailed away.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

BossHog13

Boar, that's coach speak! Mike has always thought of Arkansas as his "dream" job, and I think would come back in a heartbeat especially since Frank and John White are gone. I think that is why he stayed at Missouri just for this opportunity with Pel failing.

There are some people that just don't want Mike and never will because of his Nolan connection, and the fact that he doesn't look just like them.

The guy is first class and has proven he can coach taking two different teams deep into the tournament.

donewithdale

Mike hasn't had any success without a talented nephew.  Does he have any more nephews?

I think the groundwork has been laid and the coup to install Mike is working. 

donewithdale

Quote from: BossHog13 on November 29, 2009, 08:23:45 pm
Boar, that's coach speak! Mike has always thought of Arkansas as his "dream" job, and I think would come back in a heartbeat especially since Frank and John White are gone. I think that is why he stayed at Missouri just for this opportunity with Pel failing.

There are some people that just don't want Mike and never will because of his Nolan connection, and the fact that he doesn't look just like them.

The guy is first class and has proven he can coach taking two different teams deep into the tournament.

Have you been listening to Nolan's rants? 

BossHog13

No, I just call them like I see 'em!

donewithdale

Quote from: BossHog13 on November 29, 2009, 08:29:08 pm
No, I just call them like I see 'em!

So if (when?) Mike starts failing here for the second time, will we be called racists when we question him and suggest a change may be necessary? 

There are so many reasons why I don't want to see this happen.  But I am ready to get it over with so we can have closure. 

BossHog13

No, because he will have been judged on his merits. What is wrong is to discount the guy for no other reason except that he is Mike.

Boarcephus

I'd love for Mike to be the new head coach, I just don't see him coming.  He has a good class coming in, he's weathered the storm up there and the people love him.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Jeephog

So is Anderson interesed? All these vague posts about him smell a lot like the classic message board "Butch Davis building a house in Springdale" urban legend.  Point blank yes or no?

SemperHawg

Quote from: secfan30 on November 29, 2009, 07:23:57 pm
40 Minutes of Hell, 40 Minutes of Hell, My Kingdom for 40 Minutes of Hell.
This man gets it.

MIKE ANDERSON OR BUST BABY!!!!!

I'm going to be bumping this all season, positive thinking WILL yield positive results!

SemperHawg

Quote from: Jeephog on November 29, 2009, 08:43:35 pm
So is Anderson interesed? All these vague posts about him smell a lot like the classic message board "Butch Davis building a house in Springdale" urban legend.  Point blank yes or no?
I always thought Davis not coming here had more to do with the Nuttster not getting on that Nebraska plane....However Mike knows what it means to coach Hog Basketball when its on top, he has seen it up close which tells me he knows 2 things....
1.  He has seen and knows what it takes to get us there with his brand of ball.
2. He knows there is nothing else like it, I don't care what Mizzou says they have to offer.

razrken

No cause Mike already has a house in Fayetteville that he never got to live in.  He was building it before Nolans firing.

donewithdale

http://www.tigerboard.com/boards/missouri-tigers.php?message=7120194

Mizzou fans discussing it.

Mike will end up being asked about it soon by the Missouri media.  We'll see how many times he'll have to publicly deny interest or if no comments will be the response. 

SemperHawg

Quote from: donewithdale on November 29, 2009, 08:52:47 pm
http://www.tigerboard.com/boards/missouri-tigers.php?message=7120194

Mizzou fans discussing it.

Mike will end up being asked about it soon by the Missouri media.  We'll see how many times he'll have to publicly deny interest or if no comments will be the response. 
Man their board sucks, I hate how it is set up.

football17

Folks, Anderson has made it clear to a select few that Arkansas would be his dream job.

For those who don't think he'd come here, you're wrong.

For those who don't think he has accomplished anything as a head coach, you're a moron.

donewithdale

Quote from: SemperHawg on November 29, 2009, 09:01:06 pm
Man their board sucks, I hate how it is set up.

I've always hated that board.

SemperHawg

Quote from: donewithdale on November 29, 2009, 09:03:07 pm
I've always hated that board.
The one thing I like is from the limited reading I have done over there, even the "Mike Anderson won't leave" post have a worried tone to them.

mizzouman

Here's the deal.  MA isn't going anywhere, at least in the next 4 years, for reasons you won't believe or refuse to believe.  If Arkansas wants him, you will have to hire another coach first and allow him to fail, or allow Pel to stay for another 4 years. 

Anderson will be at Mizzou for 4 more years.  After that, who knows, he might end up back at Fayetteville.

SemperHawg

Quote from: mizzouman on November 29, 2009, 09:06:15 pm
Here's the deal.  MA isn't going anywhere, at least in the next 4 years, for reasons you won't believe or refuse to believe.  If Arkansas wants him, you will have to hire another coach first and allow him to fail, or allow Pel to stay for another 4 years. 

Anderson will be at Mizzou for 4 more years.  After that, who knows, he might end up back at Fayetteville.
Mizzouman I am honestly shocked it took you this long to get over here dude :)

BossHog13

I think Mizzouman is getting a little nervous.

mizzouman

Quote from: SemperHawg on November 29, 2009, 09:10:50 pm
Mizzouman I am honestly shocked it took you this long to get over here dude :)

Good one.  Yeah, I understand why Arkansas wants Anderson and I don't blame some of you guys.  If MA wants to go, then go.  If that day comes, then I'll wish him nothing but the best.  I don't want anyone coaching Mizzou that has his mind on another job. 

However, after want he said last year, especially what his wife was saying, and some other things that went on, I don't think he's going anywhere for the next 4 years, but again, one never really knows.

mizzouman

The Boar War

Quote from: mizzouman on November 29, 2009, 09:24:40 pm
Good one.  Yeah, I understand why Arkansas wants Anderson and I don't blame some of you guys.  If MA wants to go, then go.  If that day comes, then I'll wish him nothing but the best.  I don't want anyone coaching Mizzou that has his mind on another job. 

However, after want he said last year, especially what his wife was saying, and some other things that went on, I don't think he's going anywhere for the next 4 years, but again, one never really knows.

Please elaborate

BossHog13

Mizzouman ... Suuuure you don't.

Razorod

i think it has to do with pressey's son.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

mizzouman

Kenny Dowell Loggains

It may be common knowledge that Mike Anderson would be a far fetch for the Hogs... although money can change anyone's mind.

mizzouman

Quote from: BossHog13 on November 29, 2009, 09:27:54 pm
Mizzouman ... Suuuure you don't.

You're right.  I did get just a little nervous Saturday when we had to trot out our WALK-ON field goal kicker who has hit 23 out of 24 and perfect on PAT's to kick a field goal to win.  I think we won that game....How did your SCHOLARSHIP field goal kicker do Saturday???  Sorry, I had to take that jab....

The Boar War

Quote from: Razorod on November 29, 2009, 09:28:32 pm
i think it has to do with pressey's son.

If that's the only hang up than this will be no problem.  He could easily be let out of his LOI.

The Boar War

Quote from: mizzouman on November 29, 2009, 09:33:10 pm
You're right.  I did get just a little nervous Saturday when we had to trot out our WALK-ON field goal kicker who has hit 23 out of 24 and perfect on PAT's to kick a field goal to win.  I think we won that game....How did your SCHOLARSHIP field goal kicker do Saturday???  Sorry, I had to take that jab....

He missed.  But Wingo had a great game.

donewithdale

Pressey can be released from his letter of intent if Mizzou would do so. 

BossHog13

Mizzouman, you didn't have to go there.

mizzouman

Quote from: The Boar War on November 29, 2009, 09:32:58 pm
If that's the only hang up than this will be no problem.  He could easily be let out of his LOI.

Well, that's only a small part of it and I wouldn't use the word, "easily".  There are other bigger factors but this is one of them. 

mizzouman

Quote from: BossHog13 on November 29, 2009, 09:36:10 pm
Mizzouman, you didn't have to go there.

Dude, sorry, I couldn't resist...Better days are ahead, trust me.

BossHog13

I know ... we are on the rise for sure.

donewithdale

There are other factors from the Arkansas side as well.  I believe Mizzou fans have a misunderstanding of what happened with Nolan and how certain dynamics have changed.