Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Top Player in the Nation is only 14yrs old and could start at Arkansas

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, October 24, 2005, 11:11:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

I know most people in the 90's was looking for the next Micheal Jordan - then Kobe Bryant and Tracy McGrady came along.  Following them was King Lebron James, well finally their is another  phenom by the name of Renardo Sidney Jr. ( MVP honors of the ABCD underclassman all star game and all tournament honors at Bob Gibbons TOC) that had most people thinking he was a superstar while playing the wing against elite 17u players.

The only problem was while he was dominating force 27 points, 13 rebounds, 5 blocks, and 5 assists in 24-minute games despite frequently taking a seat on the bench and  he is only 14yrs old.  Also the fact he plays every position from Point Guard to Center at 6'8 195lbs.

It is very obvious to every recruiting service in America & every D-1 coach that this is the next Big Thing and he is just across the state line near Jackson, MS.  Remember the name my fellow Hogvillians because he will probably be in attendence at the next Real Deal on the Hill.
  ;)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HawgG

That's good news. Hopefully in about 3 years we Hog fans will be talking about being in his top 3.Today has been pretty rought.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Bogarto on October 24, 2005, 11:19:50 am
Any chance he can play QB as well?

Do you have a inside source Bogarto because I have read or heard nothing of him having any interest in Football.  He is only in the 8th grade so he may take a interest in it before it is all said and done but Summer AAU committments will soon rule that out. 
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

Just wanted to bump this topic up to show most major programs are already sending mail to recruits when their in the 7th grade.  I posted this last October and he is the closest thing to Lebron James out their right now....just wanted to give you guys/gals a heads up.  ;)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Zen_Hog

ENHOG

\\\"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - and most fools do.\\\"

sailorripley

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on October 24, 2005, 11:11:18 am
I know most people in the 90's was looking for the next Micheal Jordan - then Kobe Bryant and Tracy McGrady came along.  Following them was King Lebron James, well finally their is another  phenom by the name of Renardo Sidney Jr. ( MVP honors of the ABCD underclassman all star game and all tournament honors at Bob Gibbons TOC) that had most people thinking he was a superstar while playing the wing against elite 17u players.

The only problem was while he was dominating force 27 points, 13 rebounds, 5 blocks, and 5 assists in 24-minute games despite frequently taking a seat on the bench and  he is only 14yrs old.  Also the fact he plays every position from Point Guard to Center at 6'8 195lbs.

It is very obvious to every recruiting service in America & every D-1 coach that this is the next Big Thing and he is just across the state line near Jackson, MS.  Remember the name my fellow Hogvillians because he will probably be in attendence at the next Real Deal on the Hill.
;)

Sorry, but talking about a 14YO as the next Jordan. Bryant, James, etc. is asinine.
Hyping a 14YO like that is what's wrong with sports today. He probably hasn't even had his first woman and someone is already hyping him as the next big thing...no wonder so many kids have an exaggerated sense of self importance.

sage_dragoon

Go back and look at the history of Kobe and LeBron, they were getting the same hype, they turned out alright.
XBox360 - SageDragoon79

return2glory

Quote from: sage_dragoon on February 15, 2006, 03:06:14 pm
Go back and look at the history of Kobe and LeBron, they were getting the same hype, they turned out alright.

So did Demarr Johnson and Sebastian Telfair. Lenny Cooke got a lot of press too. Sure the jury is still out on Telfair, but the other two were busts, whether it was due to injury (Johnson) or not. Point being, it's not a fool proof process.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: return2glory on February 15, 2006, 03:23:48 pm

So did Demarr Johnson and Sebastian Telfair. Lenny Cooke got a lot of press too. Sure the jury is still out on Telfair, but the other two were busts, whether it was due to injury (Johnson) or not. Point being, it's not a fool proof process.

They also were able to jump from High School to the NBA also all that has changed with the 20yr old age limit.  You will get to see them on center stage with Dicki V having a conniption over his diaper dandy ;)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

return2glory

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on February 15, 2006, 04:06:16 pm
Quote from: return2glory on February 15, 2006, 03:23:48 pm

They also were able to jump from High School to the NBA also all that has changed with the 20yr old age limit.  You will get to see them on center stage with Dicki V having a conniption over his diaper dandy ;)

Actually only one of them has the chance to make a successful jump from high school right to the pros. And that is Telfair. Demarr played a year for Bob Huggins at Cincinnati. He was the first kid that they talked about jumping to the pros before his senior year in high school. I remember "experts" saying that he would have gotten drafted as a junior in high school. Cooke tried to make the transition but wasn't even drafted. Last I heard he was in the CBA, but that was a while back. Telfair was the only one of the three to successfully make the jump. He is now averaging about 23 minutes per game with the Trailblazers probably in the neighborhood of 9 points per game and a 2-1 assist to turnover ratio. Not bad for a kid who should be a sophmore in college, but not great by any means.

Again, my point is that there are several "can't miss" prospects who never make a major impact. Leon Smith, Jonathan Bender, Kwame Brown, Deangelo Collins. The list goes on and on.

Also, the new rule implemented by the NBA is that you have to be one year removed from your high school graduating class, not necessarily 20. This should make for better college ball though, which I think is Stewie's point. It will be interesting to see how many top prospects choose to go to prep school for a year and then go on to the pros.

Another interesting point with the draft is that this years draft will be pretty watered down. For the first time no high school kids will be able to enter. Most of the high schoolers that were any good, left last year and went pro. This years top high school talent will have to wait a year. This created a one year window of the best young talent not being able to enter the draft. I guess the point I am trying to make is that this draft class should be weaker than upcoming classes. This is one reason that I believe Ronnie Brewer will go pro. Percentage wise, he has a lot better chance to be a lottery pick this year. JMO.

Foshodo

I remember reading an article saying Olu was a cross between Jordan and Vince Carter...

ChrisD

There were many similar stories about Corliss when he was in Jr. High