Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs Not Intimidated by Gators

Started by Scott Marshall, October 14, 2009, 10:08:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Marshall

The Hogs got a huge boost for Saturday on Tuesday when running back Michael Smith was practicing despite a hamstring injury and receiver Jarius Wright returned from a concussion.
  But with two consecutive impressive wins, the Hogs seem to be somewhat confident in their underdog role.
Check out the full story on the homepage: www.hogville.net
and check out Tuesday practice interviews under 'Hogs Uncut'

Chad In Real Life

THATS RIGHT.......

Hogs are gonna roll... Nay saysers...stay off this thread, its for believers

We're gonna see the MFR hand the Gaytors their first loss this weekend.

One Nation....under Hog...
Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

DeltaBoy

Like the good news Go Hogs gut the Gators.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

FightinGator

Greetings Hogs!

You guys have a great team and were looking forward to the game.  Best to y'all.  Good luck.
Work em silly Gators!

Tomhog™

Welcome Gator.  I know the hype isn't built up like the LSU game, but hopefully the momentum of the past two weeks will carry over to the swamp and it turns into an epic battle.

hogtag

The Gators are not going to gives us this game! We are going to take it from them!

FightinGator, Good luck to you to.

Hoggish1

Quote from: FightinGator on October 14, 2009, 10:29:32 am
Greetings Hogs!

You guys have a great team and were looking forward to the game.  Best to y'all.  Good luck.

Classy salutation, Gator.  Here's hoping it is a clean injury free epic battle of the titans.

arkjay19

No doubt.  This is reminiscent of the 2006 team who "knew" that they could take down anybody.

Victom

WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! PIGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOOOOOOIIEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Mitch C

Quote from: Scott Marshall on October 14, 2009, 10:08:45 am
  The Hogs got a huge boost for Saturday on Tuesday when running back Michael Smith was practicing despite a hamstring injury and receiver Jarius Wright returned from a concussion.
  But with two consecutive impressive wins, the Hogs seem to be somewhat confident in their underdog role.
Check out the full story on the homepage: www.hogville.net
and check out Tuesday practice interviews under 'Hogs Uncut'
Talk is cheap

idochog

The Alabama game may have been the best medicine for the Hogs to date.  Don't know if we win, but we will play alot tougher
I love Jesus!

Pigsknuckles

Everyone wants in this game. Probably have to chain Joe to the bench (if he travels). Really feel bad for that kid.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

CantonHog

I am a believer, based on what I have seen we will be the most difficult game FL has had to date. We pull the upset,based on a superior game plan and execution.
45-31 hogs

Chad In Real Life

Quote from: CantonHog on October 14, 2009, 11:03:43 am
I am a believer, based on what I have seen we will be the most difficult game FL has had to date. We pull the upset,based on a superior game plan and execution.
45-31 hogs

atta boy Canton...thats what I like to see  +1 to you sir

Sivad

Our coach and our team have the right attitude about the upcoming #1 Florida game.
They are doing things right up there now.
Go Hogs!

Hawgrox

Quote from: FightinGator on October 14, 2009, 10:29:32 am
Greetings Hogs!

Welcome to the board fightin...

MojaveJoe

We're going to kick their asses. Can't wait till I see Tebow's promise speech #2!

Chad In Real Life

Quote from: MojaveJoe on October 14, 2009, 11:09:34 am
We're going to kick their asses. Can't wait till I see Tebow's promise speech #2!

I did a moonwalk, crotch grab and spin when I read this!

Victom

Word is the players are ready to SHOCK EM ON SATURDAY !!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!PIG!!!!!!!!SOOOOOOIEEE!!!!

DSmithNPS

Promise speech....remember that Ryan Mallett also said something to the effect that he would not play like he did against Alabama again and that he would do what he had to do put the Hogs in a position to win. I know this isnt exactly what he said but you get the jist of the meaning of his comments.

I believe that the RAZORBACKS are now believing in themselves. This is a huge step forward in the program overall.

Do the Hogs win this week. I really dont know. I do believe, that the Hogs will come in better prepared and have the DESIRE to perform well and win.

Thats why the game is played on the field and not on the websites1.

GHG!

MY WISH:  Hogs   24
               Gators 21

Chad In Real Life

Quote from: DSmithNPS on October 14, 2009, 11:19:47 am
Promise speech....remember that Ryan Mallett also said something to the effect that he would not play like he did against Alabama again and that he would do what he had to do put the Hogs in a position to win. I know this isnt exactly what he said but you get the jist of the meaning of his comments.

I believe that the RAZORBACKS are now believing in themselves. This is a huge step forward in the program overall.

Do the Hogs win this week. I really dont know. I do believe, that the Hogs will come in better prepared and have the DESIRE to perform well and win.

Thats why the game is played on the field and not on the websites1.

GHG!

MY WISH:  Hogs   24
               Gators 21

GHG!

SemperFi

I can't help but feel that we're going to win too. I think that we're catching Florida at the right time and the HOGS are much improved since the Bama game. It's probably going to be an ugly game, but I'll take ugly if she gives us a win...just don't tell my friends.

HOGS  24
Florida 23
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

hawgdavis

WOW a civil Gator fan. I know many and some of my friends are Gators and they are always cocky and loud. I know you relay wanted to come on here and say that yall will give us a beat down but thanks for being civil. We will be giving the beat down  lol.

PorkSoda

WPS! is it saturday yet?  I agree that bama was a slap in the face wake up! type game.  We have not been the same team since.  Hope we start fast and never let up.  This game could come down to whoever scores last, and I don't expect a high scoring game.  probably in the 20's with both defenses playing tough.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

hawgbawb

Quote from: hawgdavis on October 14, 2009, 11:42:59 am
WOW a civil Gator fan. I know many and some of my friends are Gators and they are always cocky and loud. I know you relay wanted to come on here and say that yall will give us a beat down but thanks for being civil. We will be giving the beat down  lol.

Nice bulletin board material--for the Gators.

We should be going into this game quietly confident. Our defense is coming around and the offense has been challenged and sharpened by the likes of Bama's defense. The 24 point point spread is ridiculous.

I am predicting a close game.  If we play well, execute, avoid penalties and turnovers, and get more breaks than they do, we can win.  If we play so-so and have many penalties and turnovers, we probably get beaten handily.

I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

FightinGator

You guys certainly have the talent to do it.  The way I see it is your offense of late is better than ours of late.  Our D is better than yours(yours is still good, mind you) so if our offense cant produce like last week you guys could win this game easily, unless our D thwarts Mallet and your run game.  If we can have time of possesion at 36 minutes consistent short runs it may be possible.  But I give your offensive the advantage.  Its gonna have to be quick though and have great protection for deep balls.  Probably a lot of slant routes for quick gains and a lot runs to open up play action deep ball.  I wish our offense would.  Brantley has an arm like Mallet.  Very USC and Pro style QB but we dont have a great receiver core as yet to test him.  Anyhow cant wait!!
Work em silly Gators!

FightinGator

Quote from: hawgdavis on October 14, 2009, 11:42:59 am

Cockiness is so ugly.  I love college football, the SEC and the Gators.  I have always enjoyed talking with the opposition as it makes the game more enjoyable and personal.  In listening to the comments by Meyer and the Gators they do not see you guys as an easy win at all.  They, and I respect your how powered offense and defense which is good and getting better as the year progresses.  They know you can beat them and Iam glad they are not disrespecting you like Vegaas is and making the line 24.  I bet if we win it will be by 10 or less.  "If" we win.  If youwin it will be a blow out if our offense cannot produce  a passing game and some points to counter yours.
Work em silly Gators!

FightinGator

That may be the best thing for us if we play like crud on offense again like we did against LSU.  We may need another speech to get it in gear.  I think any team would like Tebow as a captain.  Anyhow I just hope they were playing him conservative last week but I fear he's just not much of a passer anymore this year for whatever reason.  Our OC Addazio is way too conservative for me than Mullen.  I dont know. 
Work em silly Gators!

Victom

Welcome to the board Fightin , and thanks for recognizing that the Razorbacks are moving in the rite direction under the helm of a great offensive mind in Coach Bobby Petrino .  :razorback:

FightinGator

Quote from: Victom on October 14, 2009, 12:20:56 pm
Welcome to the board Fightin , and thanks for recognizing that the Razorbacks are moving in the rite direction under the helm of a great offensive mind in Coach Bobby Petrino .  :razorback:
Yeah the SEC west is a powerhouse.  I love this league.
Work em silly Gators!

AUSTXHOG

Quote from: Victom on October 14, 2009, 11:18:51 am
Word is the players are ready to SHOCK EM ON SATURDAY !!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!PIG!!!!!!!!SOOOOOOIEEE!!!!

PigPusher

A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

HogsWellThenEndsWell

Quote from: AUSTXHOG on October 14, 2009, 02:01:59 pm

Ok that is really not the kind of "Shocker" we are referring too here, but funny none the less!
LIVE! Do not just Exist!!

usnavyhogfan

Quote from: AUSTXHOG on October 14, 2009, 02:01:59 pm

haha! someone should make a big ole sign of this and bring it to the game
The dream is free, the journey is not.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: FightinGator on October 14, 2009, 12:18:36 pm
That may be the best thing for us if we play like crud on offense again like we did against LSU.  We may need another speech to get it in gear.  I think any team would like Tebow as a captain.  Anyhow I just hope they were playing him conservative last week but I fear he's just not much of a passer anymore this year for whatever reason.  Our OC Addazio is way too conservative for me than Mullen.  I dont know.
Your offense w/o Mullin (and Percy) is MUCH more pedestrian. I thought this was "Meyer's" offense. ? Anyhow, your Defense is just plain nasty. We can win this game IF:
Ark O-Line can block your front 7.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Nashville Fan

Quote from: FightinGator on October 14, 2009, 12:18:36 pm
I said before the year started that I think FL goes undefeated based on Tebow's will alone. The injury changes things a little. Hope I am wrong. Tough to win on the road in the SEC.
Pittman or Bust!

FightinGator

Quote from: Pig in the Poke on October 14, 2009, 11:07:40 pm
Your offense w/o Mullin (and Percy) is MUCH more pedestrian. I thought this was "Meyer's" offense. ? Anyhow, your Defense is just plain nasty. We can win this game IF:
Ark O-Line can block your front 7.
A pedestrian O like ours with a D like ours wins games. Your O line will not last long, not to be disrespectful or denegrating of your Oline. I just do not see Our tackles, ends and lbs being held back. At least I hope not. You have the talent to do it.  If you do you will have the best O in the country. Strongs "joker" package is sick from what Ive heard.
Work em silly Gators!

pesterhog

Quote from: FightinGator on October 15, 2009, 02:18:18 pm
A pedestrian O like ours with a D like ours wins games. Your O line will not last long, not to be disrespectful or denegrating of your Oline. I just do not see Our tackles, ends and lbs being held back. At least I hope not. You have the talent to do it.  If you do you will have the best O in the country. Strongs "joker" package is sick from what Ive heard.

I just wanna win so Tebow will cry again... Maybe Urban can kiss his boo boo's for him. I hate your team and your QB and hope youre embarassed on National TV because you have it coming. :razorback:

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

pesterhog

Quote from: FightinGator on October 14, 2009, 12:13:50 pm
Cockiness is so ugly.

Speaking of ugly check out your avatar.. You come to OUR board and complain about cockiness !!!! You tea sipping reptile  !!!!! Florida is the cockiest team in the conference. Your gonna get your arses handed to you on Saturday by the MFR's !!!! You had a good run but all good things MUST come to an end. Enjoy watching yours saturday.  :razorback:

FightinGator

Quote from: pesterhog on October 15, 2009, 02:57:34 pm
I just wanna win so Tebow will cry again... Maybe Urban can kiss his boo boo's for him. I hate your team and your QB and hope youre embarassed on National TV because you have it coming. :razorback:
Wow.  ;D I wish you well and have a good time watching the game.  I hope both teams play great and there are no injuries to anyone.
Work em silly Gators!

FightinGator

Quote from: pesterhog on October 15, 2009, 03:21:02 pm
Speaking of ugly check out your avatar.. You come to OUR board and complain about cockiness !!!! You tea sipping reptile  !!!!! Florida is the cockiest team in the conference. Your gonna get your arses handed to you on Saturday by the MFR's !!!! You had a good run but all good things MUST come to an end. Enjoy watching yours saturday.  :razorback:
I admit Iam not a handsome model and I do love tea.  Im drinking a cup right now listening to a UF podcast.  Some Florida fans may be cocky(which is ugly no matter where it comes from) but the players and coaching staff have nothing but respect for Arkansas, their players and staff. All Ive heard all week is respect for your club.  I will be the first Gator on your forum to congratulate you all if you win on Saturday.  You guys have the talent and drive for it.  It just comes down to who can execute.  Have a good one. Go Gators!!
Work em silly Gators!

Dwyane Wade

Quote from: pesterhog on October 15, 2009, 03:21:02 pm

Ban this fool

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

want2be

Quote from: FightinGator on October 15, 2009, 04:08:37 pm
I admit Iam not a handsome model and I do love tea.  Im drinking a cup right now listening to a UF podcast.  Some Florida fans may be cocky(which is ugly no matter where it comes from) but the players and coaching staff have nothing but respect for Arkansas, their players and staff. All Ive heard all week is respect for your club.  I will be the first Gator on your forum to congratulate you all if you win on Saturday.  You guys have the talent and drive for it.  It just comes down to who can execute.  Have a good one. Go Gators!!

Welcome Fightin Gator from a Florida Grad., but Hog fan first!

Who is the freshman Def Back you have starting ?

I have a feeling he is going to be in on allot of plays this week? Be looking for receivers J. Wright and G. Childs to be headed his direction.
Childs doesn't get alot of press, but has the height, speed, and strengh to cause match up problems.

Dwyane Wade

Quote from: Wildhog on October 15, 2009, 04:14:55 pm
Why?

A perfectly respectful Gator fan comes onto the board and says Cockiness is ugly when he was asked why he isn't cocky, then this guy tries to turn it into a big flame war. Not only is it disrespectful to the other posters but it makes great bulletin board material for saturday.

gohogs13

FightinGator,

Please ignore some of the ignorant posters we have on this board.  Thanks for being classy in your posts.  It's nice to have civil discussions with opposing fans about the upcoming game.  Good luck to you Saturday, but I hope we can pull off the upset.  I wouldn't worry, even if we do pull the upset, you'll get into the Championship game even with 1 loss.  Go Hogs!

pesterhog

Quote from: Dwyane Wade on October 15, 2009, 04:24:20 pm
A perfectly respectful Gator fan comes onto the board and says Cockiness is ugly when he was asked why he isn't cocky, then this guy tries to turn it into a big flame war. Not only is it disrespectful to the other posters but it makes great bulletin board material for saturday.

Your a crybaby.. Ban someone who doesnt want to be nice to the opposition in a FOOTBALL chat forum.. How about you ban yourself and go find something more suitable for yourself like say synchronized swimming..

Wildhog

Quote from: Dwyane Wade on October 15, 2009, 04:24:20 pm

Pretty sure they're not going to pin a "You're avatar is ugly" post on their bulletin board.
1909/1964/1965/1977

pesterhog

And by the way he wasn't perfectly respectful he immediately chastised one of our own for being cocky.. Who cares about what the post in the locker room.. The game is played on the field bozo... You act scared or something....