Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

That 2nd Quarter Unsportsmanlike Call

Started by ge-erdone, September 20, 2009, 11:36:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ge-erdone

September 20, 2009, 11:36:50 pm Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 03:37:55 pm by ge-erdone
possible not only was the game changing event in the football game, but could possibly be the turning point for the season, so the question is--What happened?

Was Franklin goaded by a Georgia player, and mouthed back?

Was he warned by the referee about taunting, and said something back to the ref?

And was it wrong for Petrino to question the ref why it was called at that particular moment, knowing that it had been going on for the entire game?

It was such a important and game changing call, and the seriousness of it, does Petrino have the recourse to have the played reviewed, and investigation of what had happened up to the moment that Franklin was penalized and thrown out of  the game, with the backing of the University administration--

Was the ref from the Atlanta area, where Petrino is not popular due to a bad press in Atlanta?

Due to the integrity of the game, unbiased officiating, as they have complete control of the game with their flags and whistles, and to the hard work and practices that the players have to go through to represent their schools on a national stage, on national television, I would say there should be complete investigation and report on this incident to make sure and encourage that there are no biased officiating that would give one team an advantage over the other, and out of a team's control. to do anything about it.

I surely hope that Petrino calls for such, with the backing of his superiors and the U of A administration.

Pig in the Pokey

Mob bosses said georgia this week. What can any of us do about it. The 'fix' is real my friends
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

ebay286

September 20, 2009, 11:40:39 pm #2 Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 11:43:40 pm by ebay286
The officiating was bad but it was NOT biased.  And the amount of effort you are calling for could be better targeted towards recruiting some DBs and D-linemen.

flagstaffhog

I sure didn't see Franklin hit the Georgia player. All I saw was the mouthing going on from BOTH players. If Frankling hit the guy, he needs to sit for awhile.
Go HOGS Go!

GuvHog

Franklin didn't hit the player he obviously said something and drew the flag then
asked the referee what he did wrong and was flagged for asking. Take a look at
the big difference in the Penalty yardage. It was obvious the officials were up to
something. THAT however, is not the reason the Hogs lost the game.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

IronHog

Quote from: NolanForAD on September 20, 2009, 11:47:00 pm
There's nothing there.  The lesson to learn is Franklin's.  Hitting the Georgia player, for whatever reason, hurt our team very badly.

Franklin struck a Georgia player in the face, which drew the flag.  Then Franklin bumped the ref as he was walking off.  It looked unintentional, but the ref flipped out over it.   Then they called the chop block.  After that, Petrino accused the ref of fixing the game.  Not worth an investigation.  Hogs hurt themselves this time, not the refs.

BS.

Players shove, coaches cuss, and it is a non-factor in every game but this one.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

IronHog

Quote from: GUVHOG on September 21, 2009, 12:06:34 am
Franklin didn't hit the player he obviously said something and drew the flag then
the big difference in the Penalty yardage. It was obvious the officials were up to

Hogs were about to put the game away, then the flags came out.

Arkansas is not good enough to beat GA and the SEC good ole boy system right now.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

The Boar War

Quote from: flagstaffhog on September 20, 2009, 11:59:17 pm
I sure didn't see Franklin hit the Georgia player. All I saw was the mouthing going on from BOTH players. If Frankling hit the guy, he needs to sit for awhile.

He didn't hit the guy.  At least he didn't get flagged for punching the guy.  He was flagged for a verbal exchange and then ejected for brushing the ref.  Had he punched the guy he would have been ejected for fighting (especially after the Oregon incident).  An ejection for fighting carries an additional game suspension.  However in this case (according to the ADG) "The ejection won't affect Franklin's status for next week's game at Alabama because he wasn't involved in a fight". 

hoglady

That was the turning point in the game.
No doubt.

If we allow that game to be a turning point in the season that's on us.
We've got to be toughter than that.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

ge-erdone

Quote from: GUVHOG on September 21, 2009, 12:06:34 am
With all due respect Guv Hog, I believe it was the reason we lost the game, and very well could have set the tone for the rest of the season, as to momentem, team confidence and being positive about playing the game--

And if there was only mouthing going on, and from both sides,that call was like a death sentence over nothing, and will cause many of future ref calls to be suspect, and being biased toward certain teams as to others--

For instance, if the ref who made the call on Petrino, and even Franklin, was from the Atlanta metro area, the negative press that Petrino has in Atlanta would cause the ref to consider Mark Reicht a 'nice guy" and Petrino a "as---ole", and could affect the way he would make calls--

It is the "white hat" vs "black hat" syndrome--

It would be nice to know if the ref's that made those call on Franklin and Petrino were from the Atlanta area--I surely hope they were not--

The Boar War

Quote from: ge-erdone on September 21, 2009, 12:25:09 am
With all due respect Guv Hog, I believe it was the reason we lost the game, and very well could have set the tone for the rest of the season, as to momentem, team confidence and being positive about playing the game--

And if there was only mouthing going on, and from both sides,that call was like a death sentence over nothing, and will cause many of future ref calls to be suspect, and being biased toward certain teams as to others--

For instance, if the ref who made the call on Petrino, and even Franklin, was from the Atlanta metro area, the negative press that Petrino has in Atlanta would cause the ref to consider Mark Reicht a 'nice guy" and Petrino a "as---ole", and could affect the way he would make calls--

It is the "white hat" vs "black hat" syndrome--

It would be nice to know if the ref's that made those call on Franklin and Petrino were from the Atlanta area--I surely hope they were not--

The mouthing was enough for the unsportsmanlike conduct since Franklin and 82 had been going at it off and on during the first quarter.  The ref freaked out when Franklin brushed him.  I figure something must have been said that made the ref feel it was intentional.

Also on the refs hometown I would really like to believe that one referee (much less all of them) wouldn't be hired to officiate a game that featured a team from his home state.  To be honest I think it's against the rules.

ge-erdone

Quote from: The Boar War on September 21, 2009, 12:37:15 am
The mouthing was enough for the unsportsmanlike conduct since Franklin and 82 had been going at it off and on during the first quarter.  The ref freaked out when Franklin brushed him.  I figure something must have been said that made the ref feel it was intentional.

Also on the refs hometown I would really like to believe that one referee (much less all of them) wouldn't be hired to officiate a game that featured a team from his home state.  To be honest I think it's against the rules.
My point is, if it had been going on for most of the game, which I suspect that it was, why was the penalty called on Franklin--I was not there or in his shoes, but that is probably why he got upset, penalty called on him, and nothing on the other guy--

Ref had to know they were jawing at each other thru out the game--

It seems more and more that Petrino had a reason to suspect that call at that time--

SearcyHog

Quote from: NolanForAD on September 21, 2009, 01:10:35 am
I SAW it.  Franklin knocked the Georgia player's helmet off of his head.

this ^^^ he pretty much stiff armed him, as far as the second flag I'm not so sure

Big Papa Satan

It oughta be legal to knock a ref into next week.

cardinalandwhite

There's nothing there.  The lesson to learn is Franklin's.  Hitting the Georgia player, for whatever reason, hurt our team very badly.

Franklin struck a Georgia player in the face, which drew the flag.  Then Franklin bumped the ref as he was walking off.  It looked unintentional, but the ref flipped out over it.   Then they called the chop block.  After that, Petrino accused the ref of fixing the game.  Not worth an investigation.  Hogs hurt themselves this time, not the refs.

There's something there.  BP was pissed, but I also think some of his drawing a 15 yarder on himself was getting his point across about officiating.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

arkjay19

Where did this myth come from?

I watched it again on ESPN after I got home that night.  The referee threw the first flag after he eblowed the guy and then another referee threw another one like 2 seconds later.  The Georgia player was no more than 6 inches away from Franklin at least 10 seconds after the play had ended.  JF put his elbow up in a "get out of my face" manner, nothing malicious.  Sure it deserved a penalty, but the second one could be more deserved if the second wasn't thrown so soon afterward.

How are people criticizing Petrino as if he always acts like that?  When do we ever see him lose his cool?  Yet, when they tossed out Franklin, BP was absolute livid and screaming in the refs ear "HOW CAN YOU MAKE THAT CALL!"

peakhog

Just to clarify the ejection ruling: A player can be ejected immediately for throwing a punch. Consecutive unsportsmanlike penalties lead to ejection. Franklin was called for hands to the face after the whistle which is an unsportsmanlike. During an active play hands to the face is a personal foul. The bump of the official drew the second unsportsmanlike which led to automatic ejection.

Pork Twain

Before the incident GA had a TD drive, Punt, FG, Fumble, Int and were down 10-21.  After the incident they had a rushing TD, passing TD and FG to close out the half 27-21 and have momentum squarely on their side.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

hogmaniak10

We need to run a route out toward that ref. (Longest yard style)

Boles Hog

From where I was sitting, I couldn't see any of the sideline action with Franklin, but it clearly changed the course of the game.....

But where was the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on Geogia, when they had the five man "Dog"pile in the end zone after the phantom fumble was returned for a touchdown?  It would have given us a first down near mid-field.....

peakhog

Likewise, they missed the helmet to helmet after Ryan Mallet's slide.

arkjay19

Quote from: peakhog on September 21, 2009, 01:15:03 pm
Likewise, they missed the helmet to helmet after Ryan Mallet's slide.

And a player diving into Mallett after he was already sliding ON the ground.

scarolinahog

Quote from: ge-erdone on September 20, 2009, 11:36:50 pm
possible not only was the game changing event in the football game, but could possibly be the turning point for the season, so the question is--What happened?

Was Franklin be goaded by a Georgia player, and mouthed back?

Was he warned by the referee about taunting, and said something back to the ref?

And was it wrong for Petrino to question the ref why it was called at that particular moment, knowing that it had been going on for the entire game?

It was such a important and game changing call, and the seriousness of it, does Petrino have the recourse to have the played reviewed, and investigation of what had happened up to the moment that Franklin was penalized and thrown out of  the game, with the backing of the University administration--

Was the ref from the Atlanta area, where Petrino is not popular due to a bad press in Atlanta?

Due to the integrity of the game, unbiased officiating, as they have complete control of the game with their flags and whistles, and to the hard work and practices that the players have to go through to represent their schools on a national state on national television, I would say there should be complete investigation and report on this incident to make sure and encourage that there are no biased officiating that would give one team an advantage over the other, and out of a team's control. to do anything about it.

I surely hope that Petrino calls for such, with the backing of his superiors and the U of A administration.

I SEEN IT AGAIN TODAY. HE WAS OUT OF LINE. HE WAS IN A BUNCH OF PLAYERS FACES ACTING STUPID. AND HE DID BUMP THE REF. NO TELLING WHAT HE SAID EITHER. MAYBE EJECTION WAS TO THE EXTREME, BUT HE DID COMMIT A PERSONAL FOUL.
I POST IN CAPS CAUSE I LOVE THE JOKES!

Swine & Cheese Club

Quote from: NolanForAD on September 21, 2009, 01:10:35 am
I SAW it.  Franklin knocked the Georgia player's helmet off of his head.

You are blind!  He did no such thing. He did stiff arm the player to get him out of his face after the play was over for around 5 seconds.  His helmet was still on when he ran off clapping about the flag being thrown.

just1

Mallet should not have slid on that play with his size he should have ran over the much smaller dback for a touchdown or at least a first down.

ebay286

Quote from: arkjay19 on September 21, 2009, 12:07:33 pm
Where did this myth come from?

I watched it again on ESPN after I got home that night.  The referee threw the first flag after he eblowed the guy and then another referee threw another one like 2 seconds later.  The Georgia player was no more than 6 inches away from Franklin at least 10 seconds after the play had ended.  JF put his elbow up in a "get out of my face" manner, nothing malicious.  Sure it deserved a penalty, but the second one could be more deserved if the second wasn't thrown so soon afterward.

How are people criticizing Petrino as if he always acts like that?  When do we ever see him lose his cool?  Yet, when they tossed out Franklin, BP was absolute livid and screaming in the refs ear "HOW CAN YOU MAKE THAT CALL!"

Myth?  Did you not watch the video that was just posted? It was a pretty hard stiff arm the GA players head snapped back pretty fast even in slow motion. Only thing that kept it from being a punch was that his fist wasn't closed, cause it had more than enough force to be classified as one.

Woopigga

September 21, 2009, 04:57:16 pm #26 Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 05:02:56 pm by Woopigga
Quote from: NolanForAD on September 21, 2009, 01:44:19 am
After Franklin jacked the uga player, the ref threw the flag and another Hog got between Franklin and the other guy.  The ref started walking toward the Arkansas bench with Franklin right behind him.  Franklin bumped the ref while they were walking.  The ref was not looking at Franklin and it could have been accidental, but can't be sure.  Another ref was watching and didn't seem to notice anything.

http://www.secdigitalnetwork.com/default.aspx
39:59 -    Franklin hits Georgia player in the face
40:06 -    Franklin bumps the ref
40:32 -    Petrino seems to say to ref, "He didn't  push you in the back."

... and GUV, next time you might want to watch the tape before you just make up your own story.

Here's a direct quote from Coach Petrino in his post game interview, "The official said he pushed two guys in the face mask and then he bumped into his back.  I asked him if he saw him bump into his back and he said that he didn't see him bump into his back but he felt it". 

I just watched the DVR of the game and the double personal foul on Franklin was totally messed up.  On the replay you can see Franklin in the corner of the screen shove the Georgia player in the face.  That flag was obviously warranted.  However, you can see Franklin then walk up to the ref and talk to him about the flag (the same ref you see BP chewing out on the sideline for the accusation/flag of Franklin pushing him in the back and saying, "but you didn't see it happen!  How can you make that call!?"). 

When Franklin walks up to talk to the ref about the flag, the ref is faced one way and Franklin is standing close to his shoulder talking to him about the flag and then you can see the ref turn and face Franklin and talk to him.  Then the video cuts away. 

Franklin did not bump the ref when he went up to talk to him.  He was standing close to him but the ref is the one that turned to face Franklin...this is where they slightly touch as the ref turns to face Franklin and talk with him about the penalty but it's not even a bump it's just a touch and the reason they touch is because the way the ref turns. 

There is no way Franklin ever bumped into the ref's back because, from the position they were both standing in, and the path Franklin needed to walk back to the sideline, it would have been impossible for Franklin to bump him in the back since the ref's back wasn't turned to Franklin (the ref was facing Franklin as well as the Razorback sideline) after he turned and faced Franklin.  Even the commentator says, "I'm not even sure how you pick up two penalties that quickly." 

In looking at the replay again you can see the first flag thrown in response to the push in the face by Franklin but a couple seconds later you see the second one thrown as another ref realizes the push in the face happened.  I think both refs threw their flags for the same penalty and then the one ref simply made up being bumped in the back.

There is no evidence on video of Franklin bumping the ref in the back and there is no way Franklin could have bumped him in the back after the ref turned and faced him to talk about the penalty, because the ref was facing our sideline so Franklin would have needed to turn around to return to our sideline.  Therefore, since the ref was facing our sideline, and Franklin had to turn around to go to our sideline, the only way he could have bumped the ref in the back is if he walked around the ref, bumped him in the back and then walked back to our sideline.  However, that would not make any sense and there's no way that happened because if it had it would have been very visible to everyone and there would be no reason for questioning ejecting him from the game.

hillhog

I think ref's call games very often that involve teams from their home state. As for the ref flagging Petrino for questioning some of the flags-----my thinking is perhaps the ref had a guilt concience and had to retaliate the only way he knew he could win, since he couldn't deny his actions and is too small of a person to ignore the comment and go ahead and do his job.

cardinalandwhite

The first call was entirely warranted, but the second one was BS.  It looked like the ref either was bumped by Davis or the other ref, or the one Davis was talking to BACKED into Franklin.

Bottom line: If Franklin doesn't lose his cool and put himself in that situation, there is no personal foul.  That said, the second personal foul was completely bogus!  I wonder, how do you make that call!?
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

hoggeek

Quote from: Woopigga on September 21, 2009, 04:57:16 pm
Therefore, since the ref was facing our sideline, and Franklin had to turn around to go to our sideline, the only way he could have bumped the ref in the back is if he walked around the ref, bumped him in the back and then walked back to our sideline.  However, that would not make any sense and there's no way that happened because if it had it would have been very visible to everyone and there would be no reason for questioning ejecting him from the game.

That is one magic loogie.

cardinalhawg

While I have looked at the Franklin incident as the turning point of the game, we were having some issues on defense even before that.  Losing him at the linebacker position hurt, but he was also burned on a pass early in the game too.  We still made up the penalty yardage on a pass by Mallett, but then we have the big chop block.  The What Ifs would be.

If Franklin had not lost his cool, things could have been different.

If Thomas could have stayed on his feet after the interception, he would have gained some yards, thus setting up another scoring possibility.

If Dominquez could have quit false starting, we may have scored more.

If Mallett would have dumped it to Smith in the red zone instead of forcing a pass into the endzone incomplete, that could have been four more points.

There are other what ifs, but then again Georgia handed us some great opportunities as well.

Swine & Cheese Club

Quote from: NolanForAD on September 21, 2009, 06:25:37 pm
Not blind.  When I saw it the first time, it looked like his helmet was knocked back on his head, but it was just his neck getting snapped back.  Can you please tell me how that makes any difference AT ALL?   People were claiming that Franklin didn't hit him.  THEY are blind. 

Fair enough.  Just didn't want an untrue statement going unchecked.  Huge difference between giving a stiff arm to move someone out of your face and knocking someone's helmet off. IMO

hawgbawb

I watched a replay of the first part of the game, up to the cascade of penalties that seemed to turn the momentum.

Something else I noticed--On the first Georgia TD to AJ Green, it looks like he pushed off on Franklin to get separation. It could have been called offensive interference. You could see Franklin going to complain to the ref at the end.

Then later, just before the interception that immediately preceded the Franklin ejection, there were a couple of penalties called on UGA.  Sometimes I think the refs engage in a little tit for tat retaliation. Some call it a "make up call."

At any rate, you could see Franklin shove/stiff arm the GA player after the interception play was over. Just before that, Franklin was positioned in front of the interception, and was probably blocking the guy who he got into it with. I would speculate that he continued to block after the whistle, the GA guy got upset/rough with him, and Franklin retaliated.  I say "speculate" because they are off camera at that point.

As for Franklin bumping the ref, the video appears to show a slight (if any) contact. My guess is that Franklin had been complaining too much and the ref got tired of it. He should have walked away.

The moral of the story is keep your head and you won't put yourself in a position for this sort of thing to happen.  The defense needs to play with emotion, but also has to be capable of channeling it.

There will always be bad calls in games. The best thing to do is try not to let them get to you.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

uptownhog

Quote from: Woopigga on September 21, 2009, 04:57:16 pm

Here's a direct quote from Coach Petrino in his post game interview, "The official said he pushed two guys in the face mask and then he bumped into his back.  I asked him if he saw him bump into his back and he said that he didn't see him bump into his back but he felt it". 

I just watched the DVR of the game and the double personal foul on Franklin was totally messed up.  On the replay you can see Franklin in the corner of the screen shove the Georgia player in the face.  That flag was obviously warranted.  However, you can see Franklin then walk up to the ref and talk to him about the flag (the same ref you see BP chewing out on the sideline for the accusation/flag of Franklin pushing him in the back and saying, "but you didn't see it happen!  How can you make that call!?"). 

When Franklin walks up to talk to the ref about the flag, the ref is faced one way and Franklin is standing close to his shoulder talking to him about the flag and then you can see the ref turn and face Franklin and talk to him.  Then the video cuts away. 

Franklin did not bump the ref when he went up to talk to him.  He was standing close to him but the ref is the one that turned to face Franklin...this is where they slightly touch as the ref turns to face Franklin and talk with him about the penalty but it's not even a bump it's just a touch and the reason they touch is because the way the ref turns. 

There is no way Franklin ever bumped into the ref's back because, from the position they were both standing in, and the path Franklin needed to walk back to the sideline, it would have been impossible for Franklin to bump him in the back since the ref's back wasn't turned to Franklin (the ref was facing Franklin as well as the Razorback sideline) after he turned and faced Franklin.  Even the commentator says, "I'm not even sure how you pick up two penalties that quickly." 

In looking at the replay again you can see the first flag thrown in response to the push in the face by Franklin but a couple seconds later you see the second one thrown as another ref realizes the push in the face happened.  I think both refs threw their flags for the same penalty and then the one ref simply made up being bumped in the back.

There is no evidence on video of Franklin bumping the ref in the back and there is no way Franklin could have bumped him in the back after the ref turned and faced him to talk about the penalty, because the ref was facing our sideline so Franklin would have needed to turn around to return to our sideline.  Therefore, since the ref was facing our sideline, and Franklin had to turn around to go to our sideline, the only way he could have bumped the ref in the back is if he walked around the ref, bumped him in the back and then walked back to our sideline.  However, that would not make any sense and there's no way that happened because if it had it would have been very visible to everyone and there would be no reason for questioning ejecting him from the game.

Wow, I've got a headache after reading that. If your watching this on your computer and making a decision maybe you can't see it. I'm watching it in HD on a 52" TV and there is no doubt in my mind that he intentionally bumped him. You can see the motion from his legs initiate the bump. Can't complain about this call. It's all on JF. Maybe he will learn something from this.

UrsisHoribilis

My thought is that all the questionable calls (in my opinion) were made by the same official, a "wide-body" line judge.  Most went against the Hogs, but a couple were on the Dogs.  I didn't think conspiracy, I thought not good officiating.   He had a kinda weird expression every time I saw his face.

Woopigga

Quote from: uptownhog on September 21, 2009, 09:34:11 pm
Wow, I've got a headache after reading that. If your watching this on your computer and making a decision maybe you can't see it. I'm watching it in HD on a 52" TV and there is no doubt in my mind that he intentionally bumped him. You can see the motion from his legs initiate the bump. Can't complain about this call. It's all on JF. Maybe he will learn something from this.

It's interesting to me that you question my television.  It just so happens to be a projection screen that is roughly 8 feet by 8 feet on my living room wall.  It's not HD but it is DLP clear.  Regardless, I don't believe Franklin bumped him.  I honestly think what I wrote above. 

However, this is all kind of pointless now because the SEC reviewed it.  And Petrino said in his press conference today that after he reviewed it he agreed that Franklin deserved to be ejected.  I'm just glad he returns for the Alabama game.  It's time for a new opponent and something else to focus on.

Golfer

I saw where Coach Petrino was quoted as the rejection was justified.  He said after watching the tape, that Franklin did shove the player AND bumped the ref.  In fact, I think he even said that he too, would have ejected Franklin for his actions. He also said that he would be punished internally, so if he was not guilty, why the punishment?

HoginClinton

Quote from: Golfer on September 21, 2009, 11:38:09 pm
I saw where Coach Petrino was quoted as the rejection was justified.  He said after watching the tape, that Franklin did shove the player AND bumped the ref.  In fact, I think he even said that he too, would have ejected Franklin for his actions. He also said that he would be punished internally, so if he was not guilty, why the punishment?
Maybe his trying to get on their good side.

forrest city joe

Quote from: ebay286 on September 20, 2009, 11:40:39 pm
The officiating was bad but it was NOT biased.  And the amount of effort you are calling for could be better targeted towards recruiting some DBs and D-linemen.
We just had the numver one DB recruiting class in the nation acording to Rivals. those refs were bias and stunk!

Pork Twain

There are more conspiracies on here than anywhere I know.  It was a selfish, bone headed play and if it had not of happened I think we might have crushed them.  Our defense had done a decent job up to that point and we had all the momentum in the world.  All of that changed at this point in the game.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

hawgbawb

Quote from: Golfer on September 21, 2009, 11:38:09 pm

You can complain or you can take it like a man and move on. Even if your complaint is legit, it is probably counterproductive.

The message to the players is do not disrespect the officials.  The message to the SEC is the same. Petrino is starting with in a fabricated PR hole. No need to dig it deeper.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

uptownhog

Quote from: Woopigga on September 21, 2009, 11:34:22 pm
It's interesting to me that you question my television.  It just so happens to be a projection screen that is roughly 8 feet by 8 feet on my living room wall.  It's not HD but it is DLP clear.  Regardless, I don't believe Franklin bumped him.  I honestly think what I wrote above. 

However, this is all kind of pointless now because the SEC reviewed it.  And Petrino said in his press conference today that after he reviewed it he agreed that Franklin deserved to be ejected.  I'm just glad he returns for the Alabama game.  It's time for a new opponent and something else to focus on.

Not sure how you missed it then.

Pigdiana Jones

"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

Root66

Quote from: uptownhog on September 21, 2009, 09:34:11 pm

Franklin intentionally struck him, either with:

a) Stiff arm to the facemask

b) Punch to the facemask

c) or a slap to the head

He did strike the guy. I am disappointed in the clarity of this photo but up can definitely see Franklin's outstretched arm and paw in front of the "victims" face.