Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dimitri Orr Rethinking Commitment?

Started by Calihog, September 12, 2009, 02:05:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Calihog

Saw this on the Scout site but am not a member... States he has another SEC offer and is now rethinking his commitment.  Anyone have details?

razorback44

I don't think most expect his commitment to stick considering he openly stated that if Auburn offered him then he was going to be a Tiger right after he commited to us.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

The_Bionic_Pig

I have read a lot of complaints about Arkansas verbal commitments not all being 4 & 5 Star recruits.... Coach Petrino and his staff are among the best evaluators of talent in Division 1.     

So before some dismiss this recruit as only a 2 Star (according to scout) he was very, very dominant in his early games ....keep in mind our coaching staff consistantly noticed the 4 & 5 star talent before Rivals/Scout/Emfinger lifts a finger (Cobi Hamilton for example). 

I suspect our current recruits will all eventually ascend in the rankings a great deal before their Senior season's are complete and keep a eye on Mr. Orr rankings over the next few weeks as a prime example.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

jackflash

BP has brought in two good classes in a row. Wonder why some thing he wouldn't do it again?

pitbull1

cardinalandwhite

So, could anyone give us an idea of what the article says?
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

uofabird

He got an offer from Auburn (home state school) and some think he might commit to them now... this was expected if and when he got an offer from them

linze82

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on September 12, 2009, 06:45:02 am
I have read a lot of complaints about Arkansas verbal commitments not all being 4 & 5 Star recruits.... Coach Petrino and his staff are among the best evaluators of talent in Division 1.    

So before some dismiss this recruit as only a 2 Star (according to scout) he was very, very dominant in his early games ....keep in mind our coaching staff consistantly noticed the 4 & 5 star talent before Rivals/Scout/Emfinger lifts a finger (Cobi Hamilton for example). 

I suspect our current recruits will all eventually ascend in the rankings a great deal before their Senior season's are complete and keep a eye on Mr. Orr rankings over the next few weeks as a prime example.

agree. But what does it matter if we can' make em stick
smite me bishes

Oklahawg

Quote from: linze82 on September 12, 2009, 12:06:25 pm
agree. But what does it matter if we can' make em stick

Since so many are worried about stars, how about a trade - Orr for Calvin Barnett?

If I were a betting man I'd put money on a Barnett flip to the Hogs from Okie State.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on September 12, 2009, 06:45:02 am

I'll toss out but 4:
Alvin Bailey - will be All-America in 4 years (very bold prediction by Oklahawg based on Summers assessment that he's never seen a frosh lineman this good)

Terrell Williams - pushing for a starting spot with big-time size/speed combo

David Gordon - one of the fastest players in the conference who is already getting a feel for the CB position

Cobi Hamilton - an offensive star (amongst many) in his debut.

All 3-star recruits. All appear destined for great things at UA.

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Wildhog

Quote from: Oklahawg on September 12, 2009, 01:27:22 pm
Since so many are worried about stars, how about a trade - Orr for Calvin Barnett?

If I were a betting man I'd put money on a Barnett flip to the Hogs from Okie State.

You're a lot more confident about that than I am.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Tomhog™

Quote from: Oklahawg on September 12, 2009, 01:29:34 pm
I'll toss out but 4:
Alvin Bailey - will be All-America in 4 years (very bold prediction by Oklahawg based on Summers assessment that he's never seen a frosh lineman this good)

David Gordon - one of the fastest players in the conference who is already getting a feel for the CB position

I would not trade any for 4* recruits.

Bubba's Bruisers

Unfortunately, I seriously doubt we'll get Orr.  And if he commits to Auburn, watch him immediately jump to a 4*.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: Oklahawg on September 12, 2009, 01:27:22 pm

How about both?  ;)

bgsisco

Quote from: Oklahawg on September 12, 2009, 01:29:34 pm
I'll toss out but 4:

Brandon Mitchell will be a star IMO

Oklahawg

Quote from: bgsisco on September 12, 2009, 09:07:17 pm

I agree.

Three of the guys I mentioned are already showing their star-potential. Bailey was singled out by the staff as being a stud-in-the-making.

Mitchell is obviously going to get lost in the hype over Mallett and Wilson, but I think he's going to be a very good QB.

Hog Jordan

Quote from: Oklahawg on September 12, 2009, 10:46:34 pm
Mitchell is obviously going to get lost in the hype over Mallett and Wilson, but I think he's going to be a very good QB.

i don't think he will. mitchell is a totally different player than both; imagine a leak/tebow system. he's one i'm really excited about, and he'll get the attention in the future.

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: Hog Jordan on September 12, 2009, 11:27:55 pm
i don't think he will. mitchell is a totally different player than both; imagine a leak/tebow system. he's one i'm really excited about, and he'll get the attention in the future.

I presume you mean he won't get lost in the hype.  ;)

Mitchell is a big-time athlete as well as a very capable passer, which is exciting.  Even after Mallett leaves, Wilson will be hard to beat out for PT.  The kid can flat throw a football.

Hogs-n-Roses

jgphillips3

I'd hate to see him leave the fold, but I will never blame an out-of-State kid for staying with a home State school. 

havok

Some Commits are going to waiver (Happens every year)...especially when they see offers to take all expense paid trips to places all over the country..  why not enjoy the ride...and see what all is out there.

Inversely, Some players committed to another schools will see us on TV, and will probably decide to come check us out too..

TMc

I don't think Orr has a scholly just yet.., I think I've read Auburn is thinking of offering him one.  He's a guy I really want.., I think UA were going to make an OLB out of him.  6'6" 240-250 outside LB.., that's what Bama has for size at their spots (approx)

passinghog

Quote from: TMc on September 18, 2009, 05:53:52 am
I don't think Orr has a scholly just yet.., I think I've read Auburn is thinking of offering him one.  He's a guy I really want.., I think UA were going to make an OLB out of him.  6'6" 240-250 outside LB.., that's what Bama has for size at their spots (approx)

Bama runs a 3-4 defense. He'd very likely be a DE @ Arkansas.

hawgsav1

Quote from: bgsisco on September 12, 2009, 09:07:17 pm

Agreed.  The guy has WR speed, the size of an OLB, and a gun for an arm.  He's going to be AWESOME for us.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

VenturaHog

I remember seeing Brandon Mitchell run through the A this year, and I thought to myself "Who is that new LB? He looks huge!" I looked up his jersey number and found out he is our true freshman QB. I am so excited to see him in the future.

TMc

Show- that's not what I've read regarding Razorback coaches are thinking on where he would be played.  The kid's a heck of an athlete - has played safety most of the time.., he just keeps getting bigger.  If he comes here it's going to be at OLB.