Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Blog today - Interview with HDN on the Arkansas situation

Started by Pigor Mortis, August 17, 2009, 02:29:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cbjagman

Glad to know that G. Hardy got a haircut. I suppose that guarantees him making All Sec and All American (Samson effect in reverse).

tennhogfan

I hate him more now. I didn't think that was possible. All the excuses kill me. "Ole Miss fans are hungry" But then states that we were too hungry....... How do others not read this stuff the same way I do?

3kgthog

That sounds like he's saying we should've always been hungry while never forgetting that we are just lil Arkiesaw. That mentality rubs off on players and it shows.

razorsharp94

I do not see how that anybody that calls themself a Razorback fan can say they still cheer for him.  He obviously hates the Razorbacks now.  He and his supporters are the biggest excuse makers ever.  I like the quote where he says that he got to Atlanta twice and now we expected to win the big one after asking if we could make it to a bowl.  What a moron.  He acts like we should be ashamed of ourselves for wanting to win one conference championship in 10 years when we were supposed to have a national championship under construction.  I am to the point now I would rather beat them than the LSU, Texas, or anybody else.

mckinneyhog5

Is there anything you would have done differently at Arkansas?

Houston Nutt: I probably wouldn't have hired a couple of people. I probably would have just stuck to my niche. (He hired current Auburn offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn from nearby Springdale High following the 2005 season).

Your Arse would have been gone if you didn't

Why go away from that niche?

HN: It was probably the two losing seasons (in 2004 and 2005), and I was the only coach in Arkansas history to survive two losing seasons. But what people tend to forget is that the reason we had the two losing seasons was because of the sins we paid for the previous group that put us on probation. That took off 10 to 12 scholarships, and that's a major blow. They tend to forget that when the season gets going because everybody wants to win now.

You got a Two Year pass so just STFU.
Is it an unfair tag that your best seasons as a coach have come when people didn't see you coming or when you weren't picked very highly?

HN: The truth is that I haven't been picked too many times to win, and when I have, I've had some tough injuries. I know that's an excuse. But when you lose real players, it makes a difference.

Already lining it up for the excuses in 09 when he falls flat on his face.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

DeltaBoy

Ole Nuttsac got the rebels all fired up for a hard fall.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Big Papa Satan

Houston Nutt is a case of the baby dying and the afterbirth living.

Sivad

One thing about Nutt....the more you see, hear and learn about him, the more you detest him.