Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ole Miss practice

Started by Kilgor, August 15, 2009, 07:12:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilgor

An excerpt presented without comment:

"Snead and the other quarterbacks aren't producing the kind of highlight material we saw last year at times in practice. They're mainly just staring at blanketed receivers and shaky pocket protection.  I didn't keep track of any passing numbers today. It was just too depressing. I know I'm supposed to like tough defenses, but dammit, I want to see some fireworks, too.

Raymond Cotton mishandled another snap. I hope it's the center. Cotton's passes are looking good, but he's just throwing it up to guys that aren't really open. No one is open. I don't know what's going on."

http://www.redcuprebellion.com/2009/8/13/988692/practice-report-8-13
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

Zen_Hog

Typical. Easy money is going to be made this year betting on Ole Miss games.

usnavyhogfan

Ha it's all downhill from here. It will be Fun to watch
The dream is free, the journey is not.

deshahawg

His players are to good for them to not be ok.

Razorhogs

They have been spending too much time reading their own press clippings.

bigdaddyhawg

Well, when you have two receivers going out, both running curls at 8-10 yards, and you keep your TE in to block, it's a little easier for the secondary to "cover em up".
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Music City Hog

I just cant wait to watch the delusional Ole Miss fans realize we were all correct!

Tusks

but hootie is a .....ah never mind....he's an idiot and it will be in full view for everyone this year.....

i thank you.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on August 15, 2009, 07:19:15 pm
Well, when you have two receivers going out, both running curls at 8-10 yards, and you keep your TE in to block, it's a little easier for the secondary to "cover em up".

Don't forget about that fullback coming out of the backfield.  He's gonna' be their #1 receiver. 
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

forrest city joe

Quote from: deshahawg on August 15, 2009, 07:18:47 pm
No his players are not. they lost 2 first round NFL draft picks from last year. and they dont have the talent to replace them.this team is way overrated.and theywere not that good last year.they lost to Vandy.Wake and SC. and the Ref gave them our game.this team is not going to a Bcs bowl game.

98hogs

Do they have a green jersey on?

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: wocraig on August 15, 2009, 07:25:12 pm
Don't forget about that fullback coming out of the backfield.  He's gonna' be their #1 receiver. 

More like the fullback IN the backfield. 

Imagine how much less productive our passing game would have been without Peyton Hillis catching a 5 yard backwards pass and taking it 10-15 yards for a first down.  I bet that was at least 20-25% of Dick's passing yards those two years.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

rzrbackrob

Slowwwwwwwww  Trainnnnnnnnn   Wreckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk in progress
Good is the enemy of great

deltahogfan

Who gives a fu**? The Dork is gone. That is all that counts.

Quote from: Kilgor on August 15, 2009, 07:12:07 pm

"Snead and the other quarterbacks aren't producing the kind of highlight material we saw last year at times in practice. They're mainly just staring at blanketed receivers and shaky pocket protection.  I didn't keep track of any passing numbers today. It was just too depressing. I know I'm supposed to like tough defenses, but dammit, I want to see some fireworks, too.

Raymond Cotton mishandled another snap. I hope it's the center. Cotton's passes are looking good, but he's just throwing it up to guys that aren't really open. No one is open. I don't know what's going on."

Those who get there first with the most.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

56Hog

Quote from: Kilgor on August 15, 2009, 07:12:07 pm

Well it figures that Nix would have all five of HDN's plays down by now.  Can't afford to show up the boss too much though.  He'll either have to bail out after this season or drink the Kool-Aid.
"This is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." - Winston Churchill

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on August 15, 2009, 07:34:32 pm
More like the fullback IN the backfield. 

Imagine how much less productive our passing game would have been without Peyton Hillis catching a 5 yard backwards pass and taking it 10-15 yards for a first down.  I bet that was at least 20-25% of Dick's passing yards those two years.

Too true!
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

hogwild7

Who cares what's going on in Oxtown.

Wildhog

Quote from: hogwild7 on August 15, 2009, 07:56:32 pm
Who cares what's going on in Oxtown.

Considering we have to play them, I'm glad to read this report.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

cypert2

Maybe they need to break out the step ladder and concrete blocks.
Swinging on the two and the four.

porkurina

Quote from: Razorhogs on August 15, 2009, 07:18:47 pm
They have been spending too much time reading their own press clippings.
including Nutt

Hoggy1

OOOOoooooo yea brother.

It has begun.
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

DezNuttstehsuq

Go to insidethe grove and watch the lolligaggin from the practice vids.  Its hilarious to watch the difference between a Nutt practice and a Petrino practice. 

Hawgon

Quote from: PorkOpine on August 15, 2009, 07:30:38 pm
Tim Brando lives just a few miles from me and submits articles to the Shreveport Times quite regularly.  HE'S ONE MAJOR NUTT HUGGER THAT I CAN'T WAIT TO CALL OUT!

Has he ever shown up on your doorstep drunk and naked?

Big Daddy

Hawgon

Quote from: PorkOpine on August 15, 2009, 08:25:49 pm
I really couldn't blame Brando if he did.  HIS WIFE IS A FUGLY DOG!

I've heard the country club story before from someone who should know.  I'm glad to see it confirmed by a neighbor more or less.

Porkys Revenge

Has he taken the team swimming yet?

Iwastherein1969

you'll know its truly over when Nutt runs across the field after Ole Miss upsets, say Auburn in two years and grabs the baton from the drum major and "strikes up the band"
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

deshahawg

Quote from: forrest city joe on August 15, 2009, 07:32:18 pm
No his players are not. they lost 2 first round NFL draft picks from last year. and they dont have the talent to replace them.this team is way overrated.and theywere not that good last year.they lost to Vandy.Wake and SC. and the Ref gave them our game.this team is not going to a Bcs bowl game.

He still has the players. For Ole Piss.....they have great talent this year.

HogSophist

yet another hog football thread in mmqb/sarcasm.
signature removed by Hogville staff. (but Erie's quote revived because I missed it)

In an era where there are over $70 trillion in future obligations, beyond the debt,   taking up practices in budgeting that are tantamount to saying 'And then in 2040, a magic dragon will sh*tpoopy $100 trillion and fix our problems'  simply isn't wise. --ErieHog

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: usnavyhogfan on August 15, 2009, 07:15:57 pm
Ha it's all downhill from here. It will be Fun to watch
And the nametag that Nutt personally picked for the season...."Unsatisfied".
This is going to be a blast.

Hawgon

Quote from: PorkOpine on August 15, 2009, 08:32:47 pm
It's true.  The guy has NO class.

You know, before he went and started a war with Arkansas fans, he should have realized that Shreveport is really a pretty small town all things considered and that there are lots of Hog fans there and that there are lots of Hog fans pretty close by.  In other words, we actually KNOW what kind of idiot he is.

TXrazorback

Quote from: deshahawg on August 15, 2009, 07:18:47 pm

Just like your post, Ole Miss is going to be missing an 'O' from the end of the 3 points they score.
Quote from: Hawg Balling on December 04, 2012, 03:59:08 pm
According to Hogville, fantasy offense and passing 80 times a game wins championships.

RazorWire™

The weather is way too nice for August in Mississippi. Unfortunately, the 75 degree, shady afternoon brought out every douchebag from miles around.

I see Danny is coaching again ...

guthhog

August 15, 2009, 09:17:39 pm #34 Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 09:19:55 pm by guthhog
Hog fan to rebel fan in 2010:

Shhh shhh shhh, it's ok I promise. What's that you say? NC under construction, I know it hurts to be lied to. Tired of cleaning up finger nails? Trust me brother, I've been there. Wasted talent, yes, I know, if they only had the proper tutelage. Special teams failure? I know that its painful to see.  No time outs left in a close game with 3 minutes left? I know, I know its asinine.  C'mon buddy let's go get a beer. Stop yer crying now, its over.
Give a man a beer and he will waste an hour.  Teach a man to make beer, and he will waste a lifetime.

hoginator

Quote from: Porkys Revenge on August 15, 2009, 08:33:35 pm
Has he taken the team swimming yet?
Has he given them the watermelon party yet? Mmmm...
Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

rebelbruiser

August 16, 2009, 10:36:29 am #36 Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 10:40:20 am by rebelbruiser
Quote from: PorkOpine on August 15, 2009, 07:13:35 pm
LMAO!  QB Killa' is at it again.

Um...you do realize that those comments are basically saying that our receivers aren't open.  That has nothing to do with the QBs.  That has to do with the fact that our DBs are veteran and should be much improved this fall.

Marshay Green looks like he could be a lock down type corner this fall after having a year of corner under his belt.  And Kendrick Lewis has All-SEC potential at free safety.  We have 3 seniors and a junior in our defensive backfield.  It should be a pretty solid group this year compared to last year.

As a side note, the passing offense is Kent Austin's.  It's laughable for you to compare our offense to what Nutt ran at Arkansas.  The run game maybe, but the passing game is Austin's, so it won't look like what you saw under Nutt.

Hoggy1

Quote from: rebelbruiser on August 16, 2009, 10:36:29 am
Um...you do realize that those comments are basically saying that our receivers aren't open.  That has nothing to do with the QBs.  That has to do with the fact that our DBs are veteran and should be much improved this fall.

Marshay Green looks like he could be a lock down type corner this fall after having a year of corner under his belt.  And Kendrick Lewis has All-SEC potential at free safety.  We have 3 seniors and a junior in our defensive backfield.  It should be a pretty solid group this year compared to last year.

As a side note, the passing offense is Kent Austin's.  It's laughable for you to compare our offense to what Nutt ran at Arkansas.  The run game maybe, but the passing game is Austin's, so it won't look like what you saw under Nutt.

It's laughable for you to say that the passing offense belongs to Kent Austin.  I can bet Austin is no more than a crash dummy in the Nutt mobile.

Either way, receivers not getting open or poor QB play.  The down fall has begun.

camden5r

Yeah I know what you are saying. In fact I used to say that ever year up here. But it is HDN offense and believe me we have seen it. When you need 9 yards for a First Down and you run a 2 yard route!!

hoginator

Quote from: blunthog on August 16, 2009, 11:50:34 am
When you need 9 yards for a First Down and you run a 2 yard route!!
The deep pass 2 yard route was to set up the smoke draw...
Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

Zen_Hog

Anytime you need a good laugh, people should read this.

LeArrEssSea

Whatever.  This is stupid.  Y'all are using one excerpt from one practice report from the point of view of one fan (a fan who is later called "delusional" in this very thread) as prima facie evidence of some sort of "downfall."

You're cherrypicking information to tailor an argument towards a conclusion which you've already reached.  Nothing about that is logical.

Do any of you ever just stop and think about how stupid you all are being sometimes?

Burt B.

Quote from: LeArrEssSea on August 16, 2009, 03:46:12 pm
Whatever.  This is stupid.  Y'all are using one excerpt from one practice report from the point of view of one fan (a fan who is later called "delusional" in this very thread) as prima facie evidence of some sort of "downfall."

You're cherrypicking information to tailor an argument towards a conclusion which you've already reached.  Nothing about that is logical.

Do any of you ever just stop and think about how stupid you all are being sometimes?
I just think how stupid you rebs are to come over here to argue over "stupid" threads all the time.

RazorWire™

Um...you do realize that those comments are basically saying that our receivers aren't open...

Denial is a warning symptom.

It's ok. Turn to the Darkside.

RazorWire™

Quote from: LeArrEssSea on August 16, 2009, 03:46:12 pm

Only after it's been move to the DST ...

No on second thought. No.

rebelbruiser

Quote from: HoggyPetrino501 on August 16, 2009, 11:47:44 am
It's laughable for you to say that the passing offense belongs to Kent Austin.  I can bet Austin is no more than a crash dummy in the Nutt mobile.

Either way, receivers not getting open or poor QB play.  The down fall has begun.

And again, you have no clue what you're talking about.  If you watched our passing game last year and think it mirrored anything you saw at Arkansas, then you weren't watching very closely.

Funny thing to me that you're claiming a downfall off a practice report.  Our defense is going to be one of the best in the SEC this year.  Our offensive line concerns me, but we still will have one of the top 4 offenses in the SEC by season's end.  With our defense, that will be plenty enough for us to have a good season.

LeArrEssSea

Quote from: rebelbruiser on August 16, 2009, 09:04:05 pm
And again, you have no clue what you're talking about.  If you watched our passing game last year and think it mirrored anything you saw at Arkansas, then you weren't watching very closely.

Funny thing to me that you're claiming a downfall off a practice report.  Our defense is going to be one of the best in the SEC this year.  Our offensive line concerns me, but we still will have one of the top 4 offenses in the SEC by season's end.  With our defense, that will be plenty enough for us to have a good season.

Bruiser, do you not notice that they only give Austin credit when it's convenient for them?  All over this board, you'll see things like "well Jevan Snead would suck without Austin," "Ole Miss wouldn't be able to pass without Austin," but now they're suggesting he's a puppet in the regime because it fits-in with their narratives.

healthyhog

Quote from: rebelbruiser on August 16, 2009, 09:04:05 pmWith our defense, that will be plenty enough for us to have a good season.
Because, if there is one thing HDN is known for, its his aggressive, solid defensive gameplans.

Hoggy1

Quote from: rebelbruiser on August 16, 2009, 09:04:05 pm

I think everyone on this board has a pretty good idea of what they're talking about when it comes to the clowns in Oxford.

We watched that freak show for 10 years.

rebelbruiser

Quote from: healthyhog on August 16, 2009, 10:00:30 pm
Because, if there is one thing HDN is known for, its his aggressive, solid defensive gameplans.

Are you serious?  You would think that after 10 years with the guy that you'd know how little Nutt has to do with the defense.

Tyrone Nix runs our defense.  Nutt delegates the entire defensive scheme to Nix.  It's Nix's baby and Nutt has almost nothing to do with it.  I'm guessing he did the same at Arkansas.  Nix was never your DC under Nutt, so good or bad the schemes and game planning defensively at Ole Miss under Nutt are completely different from anything that was done under Nutt at Arkansas.

I question a lot of you on how much you really pay attention.