Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HDN's SI front cover pic

Started by iharfor, August 04, 2009, 04:35:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

iharfor

So I noticed that the four coaches that got their pic on the front cover of SI, HDN and Urban Meyer have the same pose.
You think that was just a coincidence?

spe450

The other option for the cover pics included Snead and Tebow's balls upon the chins of their respective coaches. 

jhippy

I love this. I think most recruits will think both coaches look like dip sh@#s with that pose.

El Puerco

August 04, 2009, 04:42:17 pm #3 Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 04:45:16 pm by El Puerco
What are you suggesting?  That SI is delivering us some sort of secret code indicating that this will be the SEC championship match-up?
They're both posers.  That's the only coincidence.

Howboutthemhogs

I hope I get over that top picture before suppertime!  HDN probably says it was his idea to pose that way and Urban stole it.

What do the other two covers look like?

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: spe450 on August 04, 2009, 04:40:17 pm
The other option for the cover pics included Snead and Tebow's balls upon the chins of their respective coaches. 

I haven't had a spit take in a long time.

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Howboutthemhogs

QuoteThe other option for the cover pics included Snead and Tebow's balls upon the chins of their respective coaches.

Ha!  Good one.

Ray Piggers

I can see it now.

SI: Houston, here are some samples of the other coaches pictures. To get an idea of what we're going for.

Hootie: OH MANN! Ol Urby looks so cool. You think I could take a picture like him?

SI: Well.. We already have a shot like that.. We were kind of thinking about another direction.

Hootie: But why?! AWhh c'mon!

SI: Umm.. Well I guess we could do that.

Hootie: Oh man! You're the best pitcher taker ever! You want a Believe in Ole Miss dvd? I got you one already! Oh man.. I'm so excited!

At least that's how I see it.

I'm basically Darkwing Duck

FaytownHog

Quote from: El Puerco on August 04, 2009, 04:42:17 pm
What are you suggesting?  That SI is delivering us some sort of secret code indicating that this will be the SEC championship match-up?
They're both posers.  That's the only coincidence.
urban must be posing as a national and SEC championship winning coach, as well as every where else he's been. i agree he's all over Tebow, but we'd want CBP to be over mallett if he's up for the heisman in the next couple of years. now hootie, he's just a snake oil salesman.

hogfan064

I don't understand why SI would want Houston Nutt on the cover.  It's not as if Ole Miss is a national program or Nutt has ever won a championship.  He's not a big name coach. 

This isn't a knock on the guy, but there are people in Oregon and Washington who probably see that picture and say "Who is that guy?"

rebelbruiser

Quote from: hogfan064 on August 05, 2009, 05:53:10 am
I don't understand why SI would want Houston Nutt on the cover.  It's not as if Ole Miss is a national program or Nutt has ever won a championship.  He's not a big name coach. 

This isn't a knock on the guy, but there are people in Oregon and Washington who probably see that picture and say "Who is that guy?"

If those people in Oregon and Washington are getting the SEC preview, they probably know who he is.  I may be wrong on this, but I think it's just a regional issue.  If you're living in that area, you probably got the Pac 10 preview, and if you did request the SEC preview, it's probably because you're an SEC fan, which would mean that you know who Houston Nutt is.

And if you are an SEC fan and you don't know one of the coaches that's been in the conference for more than a decade, what kind of fan are you?

Burt B.

Quote from: spe450 on August 04, 2009, 04:40:17 pm

baahahahaha!

cbjagman

Quote from: hogfan064 on August 05, 2009, 05:53:10 am

Actually they'd be saying: "Oh no, not this buffon! What is the SEC coming to"?

rogersvillemohog

Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: rebelbruiser on August 05, 2009, 08:15:05 am
If those people in Oregon and Washington are getting the SEC preview, they probably know who he is.  I may be wrong on this, but I think it's just a regional issue.  If you're living in that area, you probably got the Pac 10 preview, and if you did request the SEC preview, it's probably because you're an SEC fan, which would mean that you know who Houston Nutt is.

And if you are an SEC fan and you don't know one of the coaches that's been in the conference for more than a decade, what kind of fan are you?
Oh they remember him, after having his ass(Nutt) handed to him twice by USC.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

snoblind

Hugulus Hog

Where is coach petrino's photo?

56Hog

Quote from: iharfor on August 04, 2009, 04:35:11 pm
So I noticed that the four coaches that got their pic on the front cover of SI, HDN and Urban Meyer have the same pose.
You think that was just a coincidence?

SI was going for the Tom Cruise / Risky Business look.

In HDN's case they should have had him doing the Old Time Rock and Roll scene, or maybe the one where the Porche falls in the lake...
"This is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." - Winston Churchill

Wayne Watson

Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs