Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Joe Jackson... (Basketball Recruiting Update)

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, July 16, 2009, 05:22:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

July 16, 2009, 05:22:33 pm Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 05:28:29 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Has a top 5 of Memphis, Kentucky, Tennessee, Connecticut and Kansas.  He doesn't plan to make a decision until next spring and says he is open to change/add a new school.

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

3kgthog

UK it is. If I had a farm I would bet it here.

newera

well there goes that one...

good try pel and ostrum. one day i wish we could nab one of these 5*'s
I'm a diverse all sports fan... Razorbacks, Lipscomb Bisons (NCAA), Portland Timbers (MLS), Tennessee Titans, Nashville Predators, Barcelona (La Liga), Arsenal (EPL), and Sacramento Kings.

Razorod

i never thought we had a chance here. i'll take an austin hollis, mardracus wade or a 6'6" wing in his place.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

The Realist

He was never leaving memphis regardless of the coach
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

hawgsav1

I actually had hopes that he might have had a chance with all the recent Memphis drama going on.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

farmhawg

Pel needed to change assistants this spring but he didn't and it will bite him in the arse.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

The Hogfather

Quote from: farmhawg on July 17, 2009, 08:27:02 am
Pel needed to change assistants this spring but he didn't and it will bite him in the arse.

Quote from: newera on July 16, 2009, 06:01:56 pm
well there goes that one...

good try pel and ostrum. one day i wish we could nab one of these 5*'s

You guys REALLY think he was going to come here, regardless of coach?

It's good to even be mentioned with guys like this.  Eventually, when Pelphrey gets the ball rolling consistently on the court, he will have more success with these guys off the court (recruiting).

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: farmhawg on July 17, 2009, 08:27:02 am

(No Comment publicaly)  but Farmhawg preaches the gospel .... I was hoping ... nevermind.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HawgAdvocate

Joe Jackson's exlcusion of Arkansas from his top 5 doesn't change the fact that we still need perimeter size and another post for next season. Jackson doesn't fit either pressing need.

Let's remain focused on our priorities. 

Quote from: ruarealhogfan on July 12, 2009, 01:01:43 am
We do need to be able to sign at least 2 players in the 2010 class.  We definitely need a 6'4+ G/F who can play the 2 or the 3, along with a 6'8+ PF/C to take Washington's spot. 

SG's Recruited
1. Doron Lamb 6'4 175 5* (Kentucky is all over this guy)
2. Cory Joseph 6'3 175 5* (PG/SG-Has an offer from us as-Highly recruited)
3. Mychal Parker 6'6 195 4* (Marshawn Powell's HS teammate, 2 guard, heavily recruited)
4. Cameron Clark 6'6 180 4* (More of a 3, but a wing who can shoot nonetheless-Has offer, also on Uk, OU & KU's radar.)
5. Jason Morris 6'5 190 4* (2 or 3, Has offer, Highly recruited)
6. JJ Moore 6'6 180 4* (Listed as a 3, plays above the rim & can really shoot the 3.  Louisville target,
7. Frank Williams 6'5 180 4*  (New on our radar, true SG, showed out @ recent Lebron camp & is said to be a smooth shooter)
8. KT Harrell 6'4 205 4* (Alabama kid has been rising up the rankings over the summer.  Will be hard to pull from Bama)
9. Ralston Turner 6'5 195 4* (True 2 Bama kid. Bama, LSU, AU & UG on as well)
10. Austin Hollins 6'4 170 3* (From Germantown, Grizzlies Head Coaches son, described as a silky smooth shooter who can get buckets-Recent Offer)
11. Preston Purifoy 6'5 210 3* (In-state kid, Favors Mizzou & us- no offer yet)
12. Chris Crawford 6'4 185 3* (SG prospect from Memphis)
13. Tim Peete 6'4 175 3* (Another SG from Memphis, have been recruiting him for awhile now)

PF/C's Recruited
1. Luke Cothron 6'9 210 5* (Stud big man from NC, has a ton of suitors & will be hard to land)
2. Tarik Black 6'8 235 4* (Memphis kid, Rising up the rankings.  Will be hard to get from Memphis, especially if Joe Jackson signs)
3. Demarco Cox 6'8 285 4* (Top 50 Bball & Football prospect, will play bball in college, had seen where he was possibly down to Bama & Arkansas- Have Offered)
4. Waverly Austin 6'10 245 2* (Big man from Maryland, just attended the Reebok camp, supposed legit post moves has interest from Gtown, FSU, Georgia, Maryland & UVA)
5. LeDon Carter 6'7 191 UR (New on the radar from Louisiana, really likes Arkansas, may be more of a 3/4 instead of 4/5)
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

The Hogfather

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on July 17, 2009, 09:30:46 am
Joe Jackson's exlcusion of Arkansas from his top 5 doesn't change the fact that we still need perimeter size and another post for next season. Jackson doesn't fit either pressing need.

Let's remain focused on our priorities. 

Does Demarco Cox for sure have a basketball offer from us?  I ask because it says Reggie Johnson is recruiting him for Arkansas.  He is one who I would like to get this year, if he is going to play basketball in college, and we for sure have an offer out to him.

Of course, I would definitely take Luke Cothron.  I just think he's going to be really tough to sign...

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: The Hogfather on July 17, 2009, 09:35:39 am
Does Demarco Cox for sure have a basketball offer from us?  I ask because it says Reggie Johnson is recruiting him for Arkansas.  He is one who I would like to get this year, if he is going to play basketball in college, and we for sure have an offer out to him.

Of course, I would definitely take Luke Cothron.  I just think he's going to be really tough to sign...

He does have an offer from us (basketball). I'm with you though, I think Cox and Hollins should be our top targets.

Obviously, I'd rather sign Cothron and Parker though.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

606hog

HawgAdvocate, Would Hollins be a better get than Howard?

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: 606hog on July 17, 2009, 10:03:45 am
HawgAdvocate, Would Hollins be a better get than Howard?

I wish I could answer that, but I'm not the guy to answer ths question with any authority.

Pe'Shon Howard would continue the Oak Hill connection, which could be huge over the next few years. But Hollins, to me, has the preferred size and mental makeup to be a stud for us over four years. Germantown HS doesn't normally produce the same level of talent that other urban Memphis schools produce, but there's still a solid Memphis connection there (thanks Mike Miller).

Porkatarian

Too bad Pel didn't follow Jeff Long's suggestions of staff changes.  He's fighting an uphill battle with Tom Ostrom as his right hand man.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

Scott7703

Quote from: Porkatarian on July 17, 2009, 12:00:30 pm
Too bad Pel didn't follow Jeff Long's suggestions of staff changes.  He's fighting an uphill battle with Tom Ostrom as his right hand man.

Porkatarian out...

If this is fact, which i hope it isnt, my whole opinion of Pelphrey changes. I have reallly been rooting for the guy, but the whole assistant coaches(who happens to be his best buddy) before the program crap isnt gonna cut it. We watched that for ten years in football via the MSM, and saw how that turned out. Something will have to give and it may very well be his job if thats the kind of decisions he is planning to make.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Scott7703 on July 17, 2009, 12:15:14 pm

If this is fact, which i hope it isnt, my whole opinion of Pelphrey changes. I have reallly been rooting for the guy, but the whole assistant coaches(who happens to be his best buddy) before the program crap isnt gonna cut it. We watched that for ten years in football via the MSM, and saw how that turned out. Something will have to give and it may very well be his job if thats the kind of decisions he is planning to make.

I think it is overblown.

Marshfieldhog

heathtits

Shocking. Couldn't see that one coming with our doofus recruiting coordinator.

When are people going to realize Ostrum has ZERO street credit and ZERO real connections. He's a freaking nobody with a bad attitude who thinks he's hot stuff.

Honestly how the F did he end up so buddy with a guy like Pelphrey who has so much clout and pull around the SEC?

Has Ostrum been "responsible" for landing ANY of our guys? I know JP was the one who basically connected with Fort and Rotnei.

ruarealhogfan

Porkatarian

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: ruarealhogfan on July 17, 2009, 03:10:04 pm
That's what you keep saying...

OK here goes.... I was of the assumption early this spring that Rob Evans was going to retire which would have given us the opportunity to hire one of the former Oklahoma State coaches who not only have Arkansas ties but are excellent recruiters (James Anderson).  That alone would have overshadowed anything our current asst. coach does. 

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on July 17, 2009, 03:15:42 pm
OK here goes.... I was of the assumption early this spring that Rob Evans was going to retire which would have given us the opportunity to hire one of the former Oklahoma State coaches who not only have Arkansas ties but are excellent recruiters (James Anderson).  That alone would have overshadowed anything our current asst. coach does. 

The possible hiring of James Dickey has been talked about around here for years. It's never been much more than that, just talk.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: heathtits on July 17, 2009, 02:43:23 pm
Shocking. Couldn't see that one coming with our doofus recruiting coordinator.

When are people going to realize Ostrum has ZERO street credit and ZERO real connections. He's a freaking nobody with a bad attitude who thinks he's hot stuff.

Honestly how the F did he end up so buddy with a guy like Pelphrey who has so much clout and pull around the SEC?

Has Ostrum been "responsible" for landing ANY of our guys? I know JP was the one who basically connected with Fort and Rotnei.

You don't know.

heathtits

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on July 17, 2009, 05:56:16 pm
You don't know.

Since you're content with the current crew though, I guess you do.

Excuse me for calling poop stinky.

heathtits

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on July 17, 2009, 06:26:50 pm
You don't know what you're talking about.

And neither do you. How do you like that? It certainly couldn't possibly be our second rate staff losing out on just about every recruit that anyone noteworthy is actually in on sans Rotnei and sort of Fortson.

But, since you're so positive, I guess that puts you in the know and me out of it.

I welcome your "give it time/we're building a foundation/you're fairweather/we've offered 10 other 5 stars/wait till 2011/Ostrum knows what he's doing" response.

Other guys sugar coat it, then I don't know what I'm talking about for putting it bluntly. You've yet to answer or address the fact that Ostrum is nothing more than a tag along for the ride of his life at the hands of our program. Glad you're cool with that, and cool with Pelphrey letting it go down.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: heathtits on July 17, 2009, 06:34:14 pm
And neither do you. How do you like that? It certainly couldn't possibly be our second rate staff losing out on just about every recruit that anyone noteworthy is actually in on sans Rotnei and sort of Fortson.

But, since you're so positive, I guess that puts you in the know and me out of it.

I welcome your "give it time/we're building a foundation/you're fairweather/we've offered 10 other 5 stars/wait till 2011/Ostrum knows what he's doing" response.

Other guys sugar coat it, then I don't know what I'm talking about for putting it bluntly. You've yet to answer or address the fact that Ostrum is nothing more than a tag along for the ride of his life at the hands of our program. Glad you're cool with that, and cool with Pelphrey letting it go down.

Can you possibly cry any louder? Whenever you decide to offer up something of substance as to why Ostrom is so damn evil, please feel free. And please give us details, not just talking points that you read about on here. Because so far you've offered nothing. Absoluetly nothing.

It's amazing how some of you claim to know so much about the ins and outs of college basketball, yet you've nothing on your resume that comes close to backing it up.

By the way, I'm glad to see you feel Bryant and and Powell weren't noteworthy recruits. I suppose you should have shared your expertise with Billy D, Jim Boeheim, Gary Williams, Leonard Hamilton, Sidney Lowe, Sean Miller, Oliver Purnell, etc before they wasted resources recruiting and evaluating. You know more than these guys? Wow, impressive.

Don't kid yourself.

Like it or not, Ostrom has been with Pel for a long time. Pel wants him on the staff, and he'll remain on the staff for as long as Pel desires. You go ahead and keep telling yourself that Ostrom does nothing all day, every day.

As soon as you can prove it, please bring it. 

Blksheep

All i know is that Jeff Long want's Ostrom out of here. So that means he knows something about Ostrom that u dont.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Blksheep on July 18, 2009, 10:59:44 am
All i know is that Jeff Long want's Ostrom out of here. So that means he knows something about Ostrom that u dont.

Oh, well then, since Blksheep (???) says so.....it must be true.

Look, no one is saying Ostrom is the best damn assistant coach to ever grace the hardwood. No one is saying he's amongst the best 50 assistant coaches in college basketball. Yes, he's ruffeled a few feathers in his 2+ years here. It's not like it hasn't happened before with previous coaches in various sports. Big deal, move on. And yes, he's our recruiting coordinator. But don't make the mistake of thinking he's the end all be all when it comes to Razorback recruiting.

But at the end of the day, he is Pel's guy. He's been with Donovan and Pel for a total of 12 years. T-w-e-l-v-e. You honestly think a guy can work 12 years in the business, come as far as he has, and be useless? Really!?!?

Blksheep

Porkatarian

I've heard one of last year's recruits' father call Ostrom an "arrogant @sshole". I heard it with my own two ears and it didn't shock me at all.  BTW, this recruit ended up signing elsewhere.

Porkatarian out...

passinghog

Quote from: Porkatarian on July 18, 2009, 01:10:36 pm
I've heard one of last year's recruits' father call Ostrom an "arrogant @sshole". I heard it with my own two ears and it didn't shock me at all.  BTW, this recruit ended up signing elsewhere.

Porkatarian out...

I wonder where the kid ended up signing @, could it have been UT? Just wondering...

ruarealhogfan

I heard that Mardracus Wade 4* SG from Memphis, who is rumored to be heading to Oak Hill Prep, was raving about Pel AND Ostrum & how well they've built a relationship with him by being at all of his games & contacting him as much as the NCAA will allow...

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Porkatarian on July 18, 2009, 01:10:36 pm

Porkatarian out...

Do you honestly believe every parent that ever met Petrino loved him? How about Nolan? We ALL know where Nutt stood with certain families. The same can be said for more than half the coaches out there, in almost any sport. And let's not even begin to touch on the thousands of assistants making hundreds of calls/visits each recruiting period.

You think Calapari, Donovan, and/or Pitino never, EVER lost a recruit due to rubbing someone the wrong way?

Let's all come back to the real world.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: ruarealhogfan on July 18, 2009, 02:08:37 pm
I heard that Mardracus Wade 4* SG from Memphis, who is rumored to be heading to Oak Hill Prep, was raving about Pel AND Ostrum & how well they've built a relationship with him by being at all of his games & contacting him as much as the NCAA will allow...

How can this be? All those recruits we're after (see below), there's no way Ostrom (ahem, our recruiting coordinator) couldn't have run them off by now.

He's only been aiding in the recruitment for most of them for over a year now.

Quote from: ruarealhogfan on July 12, 2009, 01:01:43 am

SG's Recruited
1. Doron Lamb 6'4 175 5* (Kentucky is all over this guy)
2. Cory Joseph 6'3 175 5* (PG/SG-Has an offer from us as-Highly recruited)
3. Mychal Parker 6'6 195 4* (Marshawn Powell's HS teammate, 2 guard, heavily recruited)
4. Cameron Clark 6'6 180 4* (More of a 3, but a wing who can shoot nonetheless-Has offer, also on Uk, OU & KU's radar.)
5. Jason Morris 6'5 190 4* (2 or 3, Has offer, Highly recruited)
6. JJ Moore 6'6 180 4* (Listed as a 3, plays above the rim & can really shoot the 3.  Louisville target,
7. Frank Williams 6'5 180 4*  (New on our radar, true SG, showed out @ recent Lebron camp & is said to be a smooth shooter)
8. KT Harrell 6'4 205 4* (Alabama kid has been rising up the rankings over the summer.  Will be hard to pull from Bama)
9. Ralston Turner 6'5 195 4* (True 2 Bama kid. Bama, LSU, AU & UG on as well)
10. Austin Hollins 6'4 170 3* (From Germantown, Grizzlies Head Coaches son, described as a silky smooth shooter who can get buckets-Recent Offer)
11. Preston Purifoy 6'5 210 3* (In-state kid, Favors Mizzou & us- no offer yet)
12. Chris Crawford 6'4 185 3* (SG prospect from Memphis)
13. Tim Peete 6'4 175 3* (Another SG from Memphis, have been recruiting him for awhile now)

PF/C's Recruited
1. Luke Cothron 6'9 210 5* (Stud big man from NC, has a ton of suitors & will be hard to land)
2. Tarik Black 6'8 235 4* (Memphis kid, Rising up the rankings.  Will be hard to get from Memphis, especially if Joe Jackson signs)
3. Demarco Cox 6'8 285 4* (Top 50 Bball & Football prospect, will play bball in college, had seen where he was possibly down to Bama & Arkansas- Have Offered)
4. Waverly Austin 6'10 245 2* (Big man from Maryland, just attended the Reebok camp, supposed legit post moves has interest from Gtown, FSU, Georgia, Maryland & UVA)
5. LeDon Carter 6'7 191 UR (New on the radar from Louisiana, really likes Arkansas, may be more of a 3/4 instead of 4/5)

Is this just another case of some of you needing to find someone to blame for the lack of instant perfection in our basketball program? Many of you despise Welsh and the issues he's brought on the past two years, yet you also despise Ostrom for going toe to toe with Welsh when few others would.

Hello? Ostrom is on your side. How can you not see this?

Blksheep

Like i said before Jeff L. must know something about Ostrum that u dont. What that something is i do not know.

heathtits

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on July 18, 2009, 02:38:33 pm
Let's all come back to the real world.

Nice, how about you do the same.

Is it really that hard for you to accept the ineptitude of our top assistant? We lose out on all of these recruits and you think its all normal.

Sorry it just isn't so. Say what you want about me not "knowing" jack or whatever makes you feel better, but my source worked for the athletic dept for 15 years and just happens to be my dad so spin it how you like sunshine.

heathtits

Instant perfection?

Look at our recruiting class, we are a top 10 program of all time. We should be landing a few top guys by default. The only guys we are landing are the ones who default here.

You keep mentioning Powell? You realize he was such a grade risk all the other schools interested in him didn't even offer?

How about the fact we get all these guys to visit and once they're finally on campus, they almost instantly commit elsewhere. We have every advantage known to man with our facilities, fan base and real deal on the hill, now in the rock.

The only guy we were able to actually land as a result of that elite tourni was Fortson. That's it.

Is it really that hard for you to believe that guys aren't buying into what we are selling them because Ostrom is a joke?

HawgAdvocate

July 18, 2009, 05:07:47 pm #38 Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 05:13:55 pm by HawgAdvocate
Quote from: heathtits on July 18, 2009, 03:41:27 pm
Nice, how about you do the same.

Is it really that hard for you to accept the ineptitude of our top assistant? We lose out on all of these recruits and you think its all normal.

Sorry it just isn't so. Say what you want about me not "knowing" jack or whatever makes you feel better, but my source worked for the athletic dept for 15 years and just happens to be my dad so spin it how you like sunshine.

Describe this ineptitude.  Give us some examples. I've asked you for them before and you couldn't provide any of them then, just as you can't now. You've dropped this daddy card on multiple occasions, and you'll have to exscuse me if I don't buy it. If he worked there for 15 years, then he doesn't work there now. No one currently fits that description (with a son) unless you're adding more years to his expereince at the BAC than he really has/had.

So I'll ask again,....

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on July 18, 2009, 09:01:20 am
Whenever you decide to offer up something of substance as to why Ostrom is so damn evil, please feel free. And please give us details, not just talking points that you read about on here. Because so far you've offered nothing. Absoluetly nothing.

As soon as you can prove it, please bring it. 

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: heathtits on July 18, 2009, 03:48:35 pm
Instant perfection?

Look at our recruiting class, we are a top 10 program of all time. We should be landing a few top guys by default. The only guys we are landing are the ones who default here.

You keep mentioning Powell? You realize he was such a grade risk all the other schools interested in him didn't even offer?

How about the fact we get all these guys to visit and once they're finally on campus, they almost instantly commit elsewhere. We have every advantage known to man with our facilities, fan base and real deal on the hill, now in the rock.

The only guy we were able to actually land as a result of that elite tourni was Fortson. That's it.

Is it really that hard for you to believe that guys aren't buying into what we are selling them because Ostrom is a joke?

All I had to do was read up to your third sentence to realize you have no idea what has transpired over the past 15 years.

Your arguments lack merit, big time.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Porkatarian on July 17, 2009, 12:00:30 pm

Porkatarian out...
None of this is a suprise to me. all these big names we hearf about will start falling by the wastside. just another wasted year of recruiting with Pel and his boy Ostrom.

The Hogfather

forrest city joe

Quote from: The Hogfather on July 18, 2009, 05:31:46 pm

Whatever! it's over for Pel here at arkansas. he's not a very good coach and cant recruit either. all your spins all over this board wont change that fact. having said that. i hope the guy proves me wrong. BOOK IT-Wade from Memphis aint coming here either.spin that!

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: forrest city joe on July 18, 2009, 05:56:38 pm
Whatever! it's over for Pel here at Arkansas. he's not a very good coach and cant recruit either. all your spins all over this board wont change that fact. having said that. i hope the guy proves me wrong. BOOK IT-Wade from Memphis ain't coming here either.spin that!

What I have pointed out on Bold Above is the one thing that has been constant about FCJ.... he would love to be wrong for the good of the program unlike a lot of posters who seem more focused on a agenda.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The Hogfather

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on July 18, 2009, 06:11:08 pm
What I have pointed out on Bold Above is the one thing that has been constant about FCJ.... he would love to be wrong for the good of the program unlike a lot of posters who seem more focused on a agenda.

Ha!  He couldn't live in a world where things were going right.  He'd go crazy...

forrest city joe

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on July 18, 2009, 06:11:08 pm
I love Hawg basketball so much that i dont care if im wrong. and believe it ot not, i like Pel and hope i he makes it here. but i just dont see it. he just cant recruit well enough to bring this program back. plus i have questions about his bench coaching. im not happy about the way i feel.

Razorod

Quote from: forrest city joe on July 18, 2009, 05:56:38 pm
Whatever! it's over for Pel here at arkansas. he's not a very good coach and cant recruit either. all your spins all over this board wont change that fact. having said that. i hope the guy proves me wrong. BOOK IT-Wade from Memphis aint coming here either.spin that!
I don't expect to get Wade--I'm thinking Mizzou for him. I am hoping for Hollis though.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

ruarealhogfan

Quote from: Razorod on July 18, 2009, 09:38:00 pm
I don't expect to get Wade--I'm thinking Mizzou for him. I am hoping for Hollis though.

Not saying Wade will end up here, but as of a few days ago, he is planning on making an unofficial to us soon & make an official later.  I too would love for us to sign Hollins...

mcdewserson

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on July 16, 2009, 05:22:33 pm
Has a top 5 of Memphis, Kentucky, Tennessee, Connecticut and Kansas.  He doesn't plan to make a decision until next spring and says he is open to change/add a new school.

Pretty much so.

~Lars Manheim

ruarealhogfan

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=3575238

Also wouldn't mind seeing this kid in a Razorback uniform.  He is 6'5 & described as a lengthy shooter with deep range, a catch & shoot guy who is comfortable at ALL points around the perimeter...