Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dyer and Wingo

Started by Kilgor, July 13, 2009, 09:06:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilgor

July 13, 2009, 09:06:40 am Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 09:49:07 am by Kilgor
Wingo has great size and speed and I am very glad he's a Hog.  But... watch these two videos and tell me we don't need Dyer.  Holy **** Dyer is a real stud and we HAVE GOT TO SIGN HIM.  He IS that much better than even the talented backs already on campus.

Ronnie Wingo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-mIuEL5jN0

Micheal Dyer (skip the first minute):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChOS_tW-PLk&NR=1

Is that shove at the 2:42 mark not SICK?

Basil Shabazz (Thought I'd throw it in for the heck of it):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYnf0IFRUD0&feature=response_watch
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

Tomhog™

No doubt Dyer is still a big time need for Arkansas.  Just hope he isn't being pushed to Auburn by a few that evidently want to see Petrino fail.

Clint Alan

Quote from: Tomhog™ on July 13, 2009, 09:22:39 am
No doubt Dyer is still a big time need for Arkansas.  Just hope he isn't being pushed to Auburn by a few that evidently want to see Petrino fail.

This becomes more evident, and mind boggling everyday......
"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

The_Bionic_Pig

The longer this plays out the better I like our chances...  ;)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The real Hogules

While I think that others close to MD "might" be trying to lead him in another direction, I feel that if they were very successful at it that MD would have already announced his intentions to leave the state at the very least.
I think his silence on the matter speaks volumes as to where his heart is telling him he should go.

I agree with Stewie, the longer this thing plays out the better I like our chances with MD.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: The real Hogules on July 13, 2009, 09:38:23 am
While I think that others close to MD "might" be trying to lead him in another direction, I feel that if they were very successful at it that MD would have already announced his intentions to leave the state at the very least.
I think his silence on the matter speaks volumes as to where his heart is telling him he should go.

I agree with Stewie, the longer this thing plays out the better I like our chances with MD.

No one is trying to lead Michael in another direction. Michael and his family wouldn't have anything to do with anyone that tried to do that. I promise you that.

Country Stylz

That's good to hear RD.

ListenHereMister

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on July 13, 2009, 09:31:19 am
The longer this plays out the better I like our chances...  ;)

Why do you say that Stewie?

pigs rule

Quote from: Richard Davenport on July 13, 2009, 09:59:17 am
No one is trying to lead Michael in another direction. Michael and his family wouldn't have anything to do with anyone that tried to do that. I promise you that.

Who is supposedly trying to get Dyer to sign with Auburn?
I keep seeing this posted by some folks , but now RD says that is not happening. That makes me feel much better, but I'd like to know who these folks are.

NWAREDBUG

I'm glad that Richard came on and posted prior to me. I was reading most of that craziness late last night and was too tired to responded. I visited with Dyers family this morning to let them know that this board was using someone who we have considered helpful as a scapegoat for why they feel mike isn't showing enough interest in the program. I can promise you no one is steering Dyer or Mosley to anything that they are not comfortable with... as for the other recruits I can't speak for them. 

We all need to quit trying to find a excuse as to why some recruits aren't jumping through hoops to commit on the spot. Some want to be 100% when they make their choice. Keep on saying we don't need Dyer or we will find one just as good... That isn't the way our coaching staff sees it I can promise you. All you do is hurt our chances in the end with these top in staters who have a offer.

The Hogfather

July 13, 2009, 10:42:06 am #10 Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 10:44:07 am by The Hogfather
Quote from: NWAREDBUG on July 13, 2009, 10:30:52 am
I visited with Dyers family this morning to let them know that this board was using someone who we have considered helpful as a scapegoat for why they feel mike isn't showing enough interest in the program.

Well, that's too bad, because that isn't what has been/is going on.  Yeah, some of us think a particular poster on this board seems pretty shady and his service is a ripoff.  However, 99% of us know that he can't/won't have a profound influence on Dyer's decision on where to go to college.

In fact, it is too bad that "information" from any fan messageboard is being relayed to Dyer at all.  And if, for some reason, the "information" from these messageboards has any sort of influence on his decision on where to go to college, that is completely crazy.....

newera

Like i've said before Dyer is the BEST high school athlete i've ever seen play and i've seen: joe adams, d.j. williams, and marlon brown. I watched him break tackles as a SOPHOMORE by a player who was (at the time) committed to USC to play CB. He's the real deal. He has the chance to be D-Mac all over again. I'm firmly believe he can do that. I want him here more than any other player in the country, and he's in our backyard. He IMO is one of the few 5 stars we have a shot at, and there MUST be a spot for him, i pray that he will take it. He could be that player (along with Mallett or Wilson) to take us to the bigtime on offense.

sorry i got a little worked up, but this is my take.
I'm a diverse all sports fan... Razorbacks, Lipscomb Bisons (NCAA), Portland Timbers (MLS), Tennessee Titans, Nashville Predators, Barcelona (La Liga), Arsenal (EPL), and Sacramento Kings.

Reservoir Hogs

Dyer is a must get talent for sure.  I always said Dmac was a once in a lifetime back.  But if Dyer comes in here and fulfills all his potential, we might just be on the verge of becoming Running Back U...

Cajun Hog

Quote from: rubmyHOG on July 13, 2009, 09:26:02 am
This becomes more evident, and mind boggling everyday......

Mind boggling is a correct statement.

oklahogjr

my mind isn't boggled at all.....heres whats happening this happens to all highschool seniors that are going to college athlete or not.......you have to choose to either stick with your highschool buddys and not let anything change.....or you can look at whats best for yourself and move out of the highschool phase.....because i can only think of the offer to mosley as a reason aubbie would look interesting.....no offense but the only offense where the running back really mattered was when dmac was there and i'm not sure dyer is ready to basically be the entire team like dmac was
lets go bowlin

hog_fan

It's not mindboggling. Some people are pissed Nutt is gone and want to destroy Petrino and the football program for it. Nutt is still pissed about it.

southeasthog

Quote from: hog_fan on July 13, 2009, 11:03:57 am
It's not mindboggling. Some people are pissed Nutt is gone and want to destroy Petrino and the football program for it. Nutt is still pissed about it.
You think they are pissed now... just wait til Petrino hangs half a hundred on Nutt this year.

AUSTXHOG

Being from the Bluff and attending school in the 90's.  Shabazz was the ONE.  The oracle has spoken.  No offense to Dyer or Wingo.  Both are truely great athletes.  But to do what Shabazz did to Texarkana in the high school state championship game (highest qualification at the time) was simply amazing.

Thanks for all the vids.  +1

linkshog

I want Dyer more than anything, but you can't blame him for looking hard at these other schools.  I like the fact that he is visiting schools so when he does decide to stay in AR he will have do doubt in his mind and be completely focused on winning.  I see him being a razorback and helping win a BCS game in 2010.  I think he's a smart kid and sees the direction this program is headed.  I just think he wants to be absolutely sure this is the place he wants to spend the next 3-4 years of his life.  After all, those years are some of the life changing years, and you want to be able to put yourself in a postion to succeed and achieve your goals.  If AR is that place I would be extremely excited, but if not I would wish him the best of luck and hope he succeeds where ever he decides to go.  I will root for him except when/if they play us!!!  WPS!!!
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

- Ronald Reagan -

Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.

- Ronald Reagan -

Tomhog™

Quote from: hog_fan on July 13, 2009, 11:03:57 am

That was not the group I was referring to.  I am referring to the group that want Petrino gone and Gus hired as HC yesterday.

HamHands

I have a gut feeling Dyer is going to wait until February to announce. That based on all the message boards and RD articles, and my magic eight ball.
One day at a time.

smun83

Quote from: Kilgor on July 13, 2009, 09:06:40 am
Wingo has great size and speed and I am very glad he's a Hog.  But... watch these two videos and tell me we don't need Dyer.  Holy **** Dyer is a real stud and we HAVE GOT TO SIGN HIM.  He IS that much better than even the talented backs already on campus.

Ronnie Wingo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-mIuEL5jN0

Micheal Dyer (skip the first minute):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChOS_tW-PLk&NR=1

Is that shove at the 2:42 mark not SICK?

Basil Shabazz (Thought I'd throw it in for the heck of it):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYnf0IFRUD0&feature=response_watch

Here is another one of Ronnie.  I think him and Dyer are equally talented.  I think Dyer right now has more of a natural running style while Ronnie at 6'3 220 is a athletic freak running a 4.4.  I think Petrino coaching him will maximize his talent.  This vid shows his amazing speed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Grxw6AgLnLU

Porkatarian

Shabazz was the BEST I've ever seen in person.  I'd put Dyer #2 on my list, ahead of Logan, Cobbs, and McFadden.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

athunt

Shebazz is by far the best out of the 3. No doubt about it.  But I got news for you, Dyer wont be going against Arkansas Baptist in college.  Dont get me wrong, he is a great athlete, but look at the defenses he is going against.  The kid he pushes over at the 2:42 mark was smaller than Dyer.  When you look at his tapes you have to take into account who his competition is.

Also, I think that has to be one of the worst videos of Wingo to use to compare with Dyers.  Seems like a loaded comparrisson?  Try this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Grxw6AgLnLU

I hope we get Dyer, but I think we will be MORE than capable to contend for a SEC Title and NC.
Like I have said before, if he wasnt from Arkansas I dont think Petrino and staff would be going after him.
"It's easy to recruit these combine guys that run around real fast in their underwear.  We're gonna recruit football players"
-Reggie Johnson

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: ListenHereMister on July 13, 2009, 10:23:38 am
Why do you say that Stewie?

Because the instate pressure grows by the day, minute, hour, second.... can you imagine how many people that recognize him find themselves playing the role of recruiter for the University of Arkansas.  Auburn looks to be the leader for his services right now with Arkansas running a close second.  I have read a interview (about 5 days ago)with him saying he is going to take his time making a decision but it would be nice to get it out of the way before the start of his Sr. season.   

It seems as if his biggest infactuation is with the asst. coaches on the Tiger Staff.  In the next few Months Arkansas Media (talking Razorback Football) will dominate the local media outlet's in Little Rock and the only mention of Auburn will probably be most likely be 10/9/09 - 10/10/09 other than ESPN.

Auburn's first game will be against Louisiana Tech which sounds like a W but the Bulldogs finished 2nd in the WAC behind only Boise St.  They love their ground attack nearly rushing for 2,500 yds last season.     A loss early at home this early for Gene Chizik and media/fans will pile it on. 

Back to my original subject.... if Michael decides not to pull the trigger before his senior campain then he will get to compare Arkansas & Auburn in SEC Play! 

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

passinghog

Quote from: Porkatarian on July 13, 2009, 12:48:43 pm
Shabazz was the BEST I've ever seen in person.  I'd put Dyer #2 on my list, ahead of Logan, Cobbs, and McFadden.

Porkatarian out...

No way could I put Dyer # 2 above those guys. Maybe #3, but McFadden looked like the Grim Reaper on the field @ Oak Grove. Going anywhere he pleased on both sides of the ball. He was big, fast, AND scary (intimidating), lol.

Kilgor

Smun83 and Athunt,

You talk about competition level being weak and a loaded video???  The link you both provided was of 1 game where Wingo went off on a perennially bad team.  The Dyer video is a compilation of many games and many teams. 

Consistency is useful when debating something.

As I said, Wingo has great measurables and I am GLAD he's a Hog and hope he blows my mind.  But anyone watching ANY of the videos linked knows that Dyer is head and shoulders better than any running back at the U of A now.

Anyone saying that we don't need Dyer is a MOTHO.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

The Boar War

Quote from: newera on July 13, 2009, 10:43:02 am
Like i've said before Dyer is the BEST high school athlete i've ever seen play and i've seen: joe adams, d.j. williams, and marlon brown. I watched him break tackles as a SOPHOMORE by a player who was (at the time) committed to USC to play CB.

That was one heck of a game. 

The Hogfather

Quote from: Kilgor on July 13, 2009, 01:18:30 pm
But anyone watching ANY of the videos linked knows that Dyer is head and shoulders better than any running back at the U of A now.

That is complete b.s.  You can't tell from watching videos....

Wingo is a year in front of Dyer.  So, while Dyer is still playing high school ball, Wingo will be going up against some of the best college football players in the nation.  I hope Dyer comes to Arkansas and I hope he turns out as good as you are speculating he is going to be.  But, to act like he is better than anyone on Arkansas' campus right now is ludicrous.

athunt

Smun83 and Athunt,

You talk about competition level being weak and a loaded video???  The link you both provided was of 1 game where Wingo went off on a perennially bad team.  The Dyer video is a compilation of many games and many teams. 

As I said, Wingo has great measurables and I am GLAD he's a Hog and hope he blows my mind.  But anyone watching ANY of the videos linked knows that Dyer is head and shoulders better than any running back at the U of A now.

Unlike Dyer, Wingo doesnt have a flattering video on the internet, or atleast I couldnt find one, that shows clips from various games and showed what he does best.  But what Wingo has done is put up great numbers against far superior competition in a tougher classification in St. Louis. 

What you do and who you do it against carry equal weight, IMO.

Dyer hasnt been head and shoulder above anybody in a while...lol jk...im sorry im 6'4, i gotta poke fun at the little fella.
"It's easy to recruit these combine guys that run around real fast in their underwear.  We're gonna recruit football players"
-Reggie Johnson

IronHog

Shabazz and Madre were the best two backs to come out of Arkansas since 1980.   D. Williams was a NCAA all-american.

McFadden was the best football player.

K. Davis has a highlight real that is IMPRESSIVE playing top Texas HS teams.   He would have been a top 20 player if he could stay healthy.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Hawgon

We "need" Dyer, but I have faith in Petrino.  If we don't get Dyer, he will get other good players and we might not really notice any differences in wins and losses because Petrino will recruit well enough and coach what talent he gets.

This is not a situation like McFadden was with Hootie.  If Hootie hadn't gotten McFadden, he probably would have been fired after the 06 season when we would have won 5 games instead of the 10 we won with McFadden.

So, if Dyer goes somewhere else, it will be a blow, but not a crippling blow.

smun83

Smun83 and Athunt,

So by saying Ronnie is more raw but a great athlete and that right now Dyer is more of a natural running back I said we don't need Dyer?  There is no such thing as too many good players especially in a sport like football.

athunt

I firmly beleive that Darren would dominate, like he did at Oak Grove, at any school or any classification in the nation. I just don't see that with Dyer.  Darren also played QB at times, was considered a 5 star DB, returned kick offs and punts, and played WR.  IMO, it goes 1)Shebazz, 2)McFadden.

Imagine if McFadden had gone to Little Rock Christian of Shiloh, i cannot even imagine the hype that would have been coming out!
-Reggie Johnson

Hawgon

The best I've seen in person in high school were Shabbaz and Billy Sims.  It is hard to top those two.

Idahog

Quote from: NWAREDBUG on July 13, 2009, 10:30:52 am
I'm glad that Richard came on and posted prior to me. I was reading most of that craziness late last night and was too tired to responded. I visited with Dyers family this morning to let them know that this board was using someone who we have considered helpful as a scapegoat for why they feel mike isn't showing enough interest in the program. I can promise you no one is steering Dyer or Mosley to anything that they are not comfortable with... as for the other recruits I can't speak for them. 

We all need to quit trying to find a excuse as to why some recruits aren't jumping through hoops to commit on the spot. Some want to be 100% when they make their choice. Keep on saying we don't need Dyer or we will find one just as good... That isn't the way our coaching staff sees it I can promise you. All you do is hurt our chances in the end with these top in staters who have a offer.

Thanks NWARedBug.  Speculating on recruits is a summer time activity that gets WAY to out of hands sometimes.
Quote from: Pork Twain on February 11, 2015, 07:11:54 am
Let me explain how this works...  If I have four really good meals in a row, I am thankful for that and I do not withhold my thanks for fear that the next meal might suck.

SECGUY

Like i've said before Dyer is the BEST high school athlete i've ever seen play and i've seen: joe adams, d.j. williams, and marlon brown. 
2 words: Basil Shabazz

athunt

Like i've said before Dyer is the BEST high school athlete i've ever seen play and i've seen: joe adams, d.j. williams, and marlon brown.

I think you lose a little credit when you think that list you gave us qualifies as potential great players.  All are good if not above average, but come on man.
-Reggie Johnson

WOODSHOG

We all want to see Patrino win a championship @ Arkansas with Dyer.  Petrino is the ONLY man for the job. If he's as good as we all believe he is, he should not only be able to turn the best RB in the nation (Dyer), but he should make every recruit that he invites into his office, inspire them to want to walk on, if a offer will not be available. If they don't fit that requirement, don't bring them in.

athunt

Quote from: WOODSHOG on July 13, 2009, 03:43:16 pm
We all want to see Petrino win a championship @ Arkansas with Dyer.  Petrino is the ONLY man for the job. If he's as good as we all believe he is, he should not only be able to turn the best RB in the nation (Dyer), but he should make every recruit that he invites into his office, inspire them to want to walk on, if a offer will not be available. If they don't fit that requirement, don't bring them in.

Best RB in the nation?

I think those days are over, with recruiting as big as it is.  Theres only a few coaches who I think could go about what you speak of, Pete Carrol, Tressel, Mack Brown, and maybe Meyer.  I would love to see us at that point someday under CBP, but I dont think we have the recent success to allure that type of scholarship demand.
-Reggie Johnson

The Boar War

Quote from: WOODSHOG on July 13, 2009, 03:43:16 pm
We all want to see Petrino win a championship @ Arkansas with Dyer.  Petrino is the ONLY man for the job. If he's as good as we all believe he is, he should not only be able to turn the best RB in the nation (Dyer), but he should make every recruit that he invites into his office, inspire them to want to walk on, if a offer will not be available. If they don't fit that requirement, don't bring them in.

I'm guessing this is your theory for what happened with Moseley?

WOODSHOG

Quote from: The Boar War on July 13, 2009, 04:59:24 pm

who's that ?

WOODSHOG

Quote from: The Boar War on July 13, 2009, 04:59:24 pm

I was pretaining to the recruit that went to Tulsa last week, who I beleive did not have a handler.

tconey1

:PI have watched MD play almost every game since he was in 7th grade. The people that say he is not a must get are delusional. This kid is amazing on the football field. I have seen him literally throw a guy almost twice his size off of his back and keep going for a score. I have seen him outrun every player that tries to catch him. I have never seen him get caught from behind. The effort he puts forth on the field is incredible. He is the superstar on the field but noone works harder. I don't know if he will be a star in college, but he certainly has the tools to do it.
This might sound like a little too much man-love but I know him personally and I know what he can do on the field. Trust me- this kid needs to wear a razorback uni. Barring injury or some other unforseen event, Dyer and Mcfadden will be talked about with the same amount of respect in razorback history. :P

VenturaHog

My 2 cents: Dyer is maybe the most complete back I've ever seen on tape, he has everything you could ask for. He runs in the 4.3 range, he is incredibly strong, his vision is near perfect, his balance and leg drive are outstanding, he already has a great stiffarm. So his classification is not Texas 7a, there is nothing he can do about that. All he can do is put up unbelievable numbers and make every single game into a highlight reel, which he has pretty much done. He will be one of the all time greats, mentioned in the same breath as McFadden and Jones if he comes here.

The doubters are either a) confused or flat out blind, b) personally invested in another running back, or c) experiencing premature sour grapes because Dyer has not committed yet.

NWAREDBUG

Quote from: VenturaHog on July 14, 2009, 05:52:19 am
My 2 cents: Dyer is maybe the most complete back I've ever seen on tape, he has everything you could ask for. He runs in the 4.3 range, he is incredibly strong, his vision is near perfect, his balance and leg drive are outstanding, he already has a great stiffarm. So his classification is not Texas 7a, there is nothing he can do about that. All he can do is put up unbelievable numbers and make every single game into a highlight reel, which he has pretty much done. He will be one of the all time greats, mentioned in the same breath as McFadden and Jones if he comes here.

The doubters are either a) confused or flat out blind, b) personally invested in another running back, or c) experiencing premature sour grapes because Dyer has not committed yet.

^^^^^ agreed 100%... You hit the nail on the head. As I've said before if he played in Texas, California or Florida he would be the #1 player in the nation.

ListenHereMister

Quote from: NWAREDBUG on July 14, 2009, 07:34:37 am
^^^^^ agreed 100%... You hit the nail on the head. As I've said before if he played in Texas, California or Florida he would be the #1 player in the nation.

NWA,
Where do you think Dyer will sign?

Cajun Hog

Quote from: NWAREDBUG on July 14, 2009, 07:34:37 am

NWA, how would you compare MD to the other great backs from the state ie. Cobb, McFadden & others, at this time?

farmhawg

You know, we have had planty of parents of recruits/players come on here and give us info. I was just asking a question and had my post deleted???? Why is it not ok to ask if a poster is someone's parent? If they are going to come on here to promote their child then we have the right to ask.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

The Hogfather

Quote from: farmhawg on July 14, 2009, 09:44:17 am
You know, we have had planty of parents of recruits/players come on here and give us info. I was just asking a question and had my post deleted???? Why is it not ok to ask if a poster is someone's parent? If they are going to come on here to promote their child then we have the right to ask.

What's the harm in asking?  If the guy doesn't want to answer, he doesn't have to.  I don't see the problem.