Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changes for Hogville

Started by Lanny, June 30, 2009, 06:31:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

Starting in July, A new banner and some interesting changes for Razorback Fans that make Hogville.net your one stop site for all razorback news.

Hogville Radio returns to the air

Suggestion box is always open.

Have a good day

Go Hogs!
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Wayne Watson

Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

centarkswine

Wildhog

So i never really listened to Hogville radio... who's on it?
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

lechon

Quote from: Wildhog on June 30, 2009, 05:20:43 pm
So i never really listened to Hogville radio... who's on it?

Michael Jackson tribute music
24 hours a day 7 days a week
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir Winston Churchill                                                                                  
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true. -  Sir Winston Churchill

Wildhog

I have radio experience.  Can I have a show?
1909/1964/1965/1977

Lanny

Quote from: Wildhog on June 30, 2009, 09:21:50 pm

All Hogville.net members will have a chance to be part of the show

Al Bundy

Hog Momster

Yeah, could you be as cool on the air as on a keyboard?
Momster. For the reasons described below:
1. She's female, which indicates she's mean. Not badazz mean but pure mean, like evil really. Not Darth Vader evil either but the real deal. More like Satan.
2. Because of reason 1 she does not only NOT believe in "the fair fight", but soundly rejects it and will win at all cost: i.e. up to, and including, causing her own demise. (i know this first hand, i live in a house with 3 females)
3. She's smarter than me (by default, once again due to reason 1)
4. She's had children, there is nothing you could do to her that will hurt her physically or mentally at this point.
5. She seems a little cranky tonight

Wildhog

Quote from: Hog Momster on June 30, 2009, 09:28:54 pm
Yeah, could you be as cool on the air as on a keyboard?

ONe time, while on the air, I plugged my laptop into the board, turned on Microsoft Sam (the text to voice app) and did a half hour in that monotone SOB's voice.
1909/1964/1965/1977

JIMMY BOARFFETT

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

Wildhog

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 30, 2009, 09:31:38 pm
Will I have to shave?

I hope not.  My beard is triumphant right now.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

I seriously hae a lot of radio experience.  I've had my own show on UCA radio for several years.  I mean, I know it's a student radio station, but I can put a show together.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hog Momster

Quote from: Wildhog on June 30, 2009, 09:43:43 pm
I seriously hae a lot of radio experience.  I've had my own show on UCA radio for several years.  I mean, I know it's a student radio station, but I can put a show together.

Good for you, not a lot of people could handle on air very well.  Too many verbal pauses.
1. She's female, which indicates she's mean. Not badazz mean but pure mean, like evil really. Not Darth Vader evil either but the real deal. More like Satan.
2. Because of reason 1 she does not only NOT believe in "the fair fight", but soundly rejects it and will win at all cost: i.e. up to, and including, causing her own demise. (i know this first hand, i live in a house with 3 females)
4. She's had children, there is nothing you could do to her that will hurt her physically or mentally at this point.

Wildhog

Quote from: Hog Momster on June 30, 2009, 10:07:57 pm
Good for you, not a lot of people could handle on air very well.  Too many verbal pauses.

I talk a lot.   Some people find it annoying.  I find me hilarious.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hog Momster

Quote from: Wildhog on June 30, 2009, 10:16:03 pm

I can see that about you.  :P

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

rogersvillemohog

Quote from: Lanny on June 30, 2009, 09:27:50 pm
Sweet! We can call mine, "Rogersville, Mo recruiting update" where I jabber on and on about crap that nobody cares about. I could talk about this or that, you know kind of like... "Wait, I'm just now getting a report that Michael Jackson has died." Pretty dang good eh. See, I can jabber on and on about crap, and nobody cares. See, look, nobody. Like I said, I have absolutely no experience in radio. This is Rogersvillemohog saying good bye, and see ya later, bishes!  8)
Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Wildhog on June 30, 2009, 10:16:03 pm
Wow, you sound just like me LMAO
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

dddollars

Quote from: Wildhog on June 30, 2009, 09:43:43 pm

Hm You seem like an annoying regular guy that holds the same opinion's that the rest of us hold....You sir have a futear

Biggus Piggus

I want the button that causes a pair of DD's to pop out of my computer screen.
[CENSORED]!

J. Green

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on July 01, 2009, 11:19:45 am
I want the button that causes a pair of DD's to pop out of my computer screen.

NOW that my friends is thinking outside the box.... no pun intended  8)

Tejano Jawg

Occasional comedy skits from Popcorn Hog?
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

rogersvillemohog

Tejano Jawg, SMS (Missouri State)'s nickname is, "Da Bears". Just thought I would let you know. :razorback:
Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: rogersvillemohog on July 01, 2009, 05:26:55 pm
Tejano Jawg, SMS (Missouri State)'s nickname is, "Da Bears". Just thought I would let you know. :razorback:

Corrected. Thanks.  :)
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

twistitup

Quote from: Lanny on June 30, 2009, 09:27:50 pm

Maybe I can do a late night slow jams show...mixed with a little sports.

Twist - Under the Covers, sounds like a good name.

So you can hear a little late night makin' love music with sports mixed in. Makes both sides happy.

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

popcornhog

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on July 01, 2009, 05:19:03 pm
Occasional comedy skits from Popcorn Hog?
Why did popcorn hog cross the road?
WPS

rogersvillemohog

kimjongsqUeAl

SOunds great.  Hope all goes well and glad to hear Hogville Radio is coming back.  Will Jay Jones and Russ be part of it again??
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

Lanny

Quote from: kim_jong_sqUeAl on July 02, 2009, 12:04:37 pm
SOunds great.  Hope all goes well and glad to hear Hogville Radio is coming back.  Will Jay Jones and Russ be part of it again??

Jay Jones is the host

Al Bundy

kimjongsqUeAl

The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

Rey Pygsterio

Another exciting change for Hogville: Rey Pygsterio is back.
"Rey Pygsterio will slash the tires on your Flex Fuel Tahoe and slap your Bentonville princess wife in the face." - Latarian

SRFL

rogersvillemohog

Lanny

Quote from: Rey Pygsterio on July 02, 2009, 01:10:35 pm
Another exciting change for Hogville: Rey Pygsterio is back.

WoW, this site has made it.  Rey Pygsterio blesses Hogville once again

Al Bundy

gotyacovered

what listening area will be available for the radio show?
You are what you tolerate.

Lanny

Quote from: gotyacovered on July 02, 2009, 01:21:36 pm
what listening area will be available for the radio show?

Internet
Little Rock
Hot Springs
Fayetteville
Springdale
Rogers
Fort Smith

Al Bundy

Hawgrox

Quote from: Lanny on July 02, 2009, 01:26:18 pm
Internet
Little Rock
Hot Springs
Fayetteville
Springdale
Rogers
Fort Smith

Rock!

Thanks Lanny.

gotyacovered

this just in.... SW AR hogs get shaft again... same ole chitty radio as always. hopefully i can pick it up out of the Spa City.

if it wasn't for internet and UPS we would still be using fax machines and carrier pigeons...
You are what you tolerate.

Hog Momster

Quote from: gotyacovered on July 02, 2009, 01:33:27 pm
this just in.... SW AR hogs get shaft again... same ole chitty radio as always. hopefully i can pick it up out of the Spa City.

if it wasn't for internet and UPS we would still be using fax machines and carrier pigeons...

I feel you dude.  We are down here too.

Oklahawg

Quote from: AlgonquinHogFan on July 02, 2009, 01:55:37 pm
David Bowie was a coke head

Damn talented coke head. One of my favorite coke heads, in fact.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Bryan (CHF)

Quote from: gotyacovered on July 02, 2009, 01:33:27 pm

Yeah Magnolia-Texarkana needs some love!!!
Quote from: Doc Holliday
Why Ed does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know Ed, if I thought you weren't my friend... I just don't think I could bear it!

Cassperr

Quote from: Camden_Hogfan on July 02, 2009, 09:50:21 pm
Yeah Magnolia-Texarkana needs some love!!!

I highly agree with that
Show me a guy whos afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time.

razorback541

I would listen to Wildhog give him a show

Quite Frankly

Lanny

Quote from: Quite Frankly on July 03, 2009, 10:23:19 am
Hey Lanny, July is here.

yep and the first change happened thursday, more to come this month

Al Bundy

hawgrunner

Quote from: Lanny on July 02, 2009, 01:26:18 pm
Internet
Little Rock
Hot Springs
Fayetteville
Springdale
Rogers
Fort Smith

That was the one I liked!

Thanks for the updates!

booogaga

what was the change on thursday?
GO HOGS!

rogersvillemohog

Quote from: booogaga on July 03, 2009, 11:03:29 am
what was the change on thursday?
My best guess is a countdown clock, because, we've all been bishin about it.

Root66

Quote from: Lanny on July 03, 2009, 10:25:26 am
yep and the first change happened thursday, more to come this month

Does it have anything to do with this? Something went awry with the avatars.

To see the full size image click here.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Root66 on July 03, 2009, 02:57:15 pm
Does it have anything to do with this? Something went awry with the avatars.

To see the full size image click here.

Mine is that way also.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs