Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mallett, Battle and testosterone...

Started by Aaron Peters, June 17, 2009, 03:40:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Peters

Rumor has it that Ryan Mallet and teamate Khiry Battle got into a fight in the weight room recently. This happens all the time in college football. Do you think it's just being passionate and competitive or does Mallett have a leadership issue? I'll be interested in reading your opinions.

BEvERage

broken legs

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on June 06, 2009, 09:48:11 pm
today when Darr got the winning hit me and some buddies went nuts in my living room, and we even dogpiled in the floor. well, I ended up on bottom and my dog, who doesn't like anybody anyways, thought I was being attacked. so the dog rushes and bites my friend from behind right in the sack! he pissed all over himself and another guy whose face was right below his shorts. They get into a fight and end up shattering the front storm door on my house. After this we all just kind of stopped, as the wife was totally pissed. so we went outside and called the hogs. what a day! I just WPS!

chillinhoggie

The Hogfather

Quote from: Aaron Peters on June 17, 2009, 03:40:41 pm
Do you think it's just being passionate and competitive or does Mallett have a leadership issue?

Neither.

SpareRib

Quote from: BEvERage on June 17, 2009, 03:42:15 pm
verified by sources or just a rumor?

Rumor has it that Ryan Mallet and teamate Khiry Battle got into a fight in the weight room recently. This happens all the time in college football. Do you think it's just being passionate and competitive or does Mallett have a leadership issue? I'll be interested in reading your opinions.
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

Kenny Hawgins

that kind of stuff just happens sometimes.  i've seen quite a few locker room and weight room fights both at the high school and college level.  things will be ok once they strap on the pads and start hitting other teams.

the thread title scared me at first.  i thought you were saying they got busted with some testosterone.  that would suck.
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

Amityvillehogger

Happens all the time in sports. When your around family all the time, your going to get on each others nerves.  Doesn't mean you won't go to war for them later.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Hogbody

Mallett better not be hitting with the hand that has the broke finger!

NuttinItUp

I don't think Mallett is a thug, but this doesn't do anything to dispel that notion in some people's minds.

kingofdequeen

Rumor and all...

its completely plausible.  Sounds like a dude from Texarkana running his head, and an out-of-stater not being familiar w/ it.

BEvERage

Quote from: NuttinItUp on June 17, 2009, 03:50:41 pm
I don't think Mallett is a thug, but this doesn't do anything to dispel that notion in some people's minds.

seems like one might want for this to be sourced and reported as true before jumping on the thug bandwagon.

Oklahawg

Typical. They are as ready for two-a-days as the fans.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

razorback3072

June 17, 2009, 04:01:03 pm #13 Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 04:16:05 pm by razorback3072
I don't see a big issue with it. At one of the spring scrimmages, joe adams lit up broadway on a block as Wright was crossing the goalline. Broadway got ticked and got in Joe's face.  Ryan ran down and got in the middle of it and shoved Ramon aside. Isaac Madison then got in Ryan's face and they were going back and forth. if we really knew how often fights actually happen, most would be surprised. No big deal for me as long as they aren't doing it in Sept.

The other side to this is you are dealing with Offense vs. Defense and they are always going at each other anyway. Now if Ryan was getting into it with his OL or WR, then now we have an issue
A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/#/patriotprofiles

http://fearlessnavyseal.com/

NuttinItUp

Quote from: BEvERage on June 17, 2009, 03:52:51 pm
seems like one might want for this to be sourced and reported as true before jumping on the thug bandwagon.

I agree...Like I said, it just doesn't do anything to detract from that notion.

gohogsgo006

Just ready to hit someone else. Almost here too
Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

HoopS

they got into an argument, but there was a rumor that it went further and that is false.  Not really a big deal.

No link.  Sorry.

Wildhog

Supposedly Battle has a major attitude problem, though, and has started several fights.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

HoopS

Quote from: Wildhog on June 17, 2009, 04:45:22 pm
Supposedly Battle has a major attitude problem, though, and has started several fights.
appropriate name, then. 

Hawgon

Good, I like to see a quarterback with a little fire in his belly.

If this did happen, it is likely nothing more than offense verses defense kind of thing.

jdevers

I would be completely amazed if there WASN'T a single summer weight room fight.  Now, if it went to an actual wrestling match or punches being thrown that is different, but yelling isn't a big deal.  Hell, I've gotten into arguments in the gym several times with people and I don't consider myself an incredibly intense person.  You build up a head of steam and sometimes it blows up, if you can control it enough to keep it from escalating it is a non-story.

stchane

For all your Razorback Football Needs: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=stchane

Table Rocker

oldbear

I read through all the posts before adding mine and Road Hogg beat me to it. If you had a brother and didn't get into a fight, I would have to wonder about you. If it lingers and causes division, that is something different. Fights in the family are a way of life.

SRFL

Not worth talking about.  Threads like this are meaningless June post bait.

Big Papa Satan

If they really did throw down, then who won?

gwddog

back 2 back 2 back

SemperHawg

I would be more worried if they had a disagreement and sat down, bore their feelings and worked it out, this isn't the friggin chess team...if our D wants to improve over last year they better be ready to punch someone in the glasses when challenged JMO.

Theolesnort

Battle is a fighter and a winner, promote him. I was wondering when this would get out. I didn't want to do it because the first rumor wasn't as pleasant as this one.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

COCHISE

Maybe Mallet was showing leadership BY getting into an argument with Battle.  If, for arguments sake, Khiry was causing problems on the team either through a bad attitude or poor work ethic, it would be Mallet's place to call Battle on it which can/does lead to altercations.  Quarterbacks and other team leaders jump on their team mates a$$es all the time, sometimes the player getting their butt chewed on takes it personally.  Even if the rumor is true, we shouldn't automatically attribute the altercation to a leadership issue on Mallet's part.

twistitup

Intensity and competition leads to fights at times. No big deal. It's football; a game of violence and sometimes it spills over. I have seen this from the HS level to the NFL.

I love it! Go Hogs!

A QB that will try to fight anybody is a good thing. I can't see C. Dick raising a finger to anyone!
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Theolesnort

Quote from: 870 RZR on June 17, 2009, 06:09:35 pm
Maybe Mallet was showing leadership BY getting into an argument with Battle.  If, for arguments sake, Khiry was causing problems on the team either through a bad attitude or poor work ethic, it would be Mallet's place to call Battle on it which can/does lead to altercations.  Quarterbacks and other team leaders jump on their team mates a$$es all the time, sometimes the player getting their butt chewed on takes it personally.  Even if the rumor is true, we shouldn't automatically attribute the altercation to a leadership issue on Mallet's part.
If Mallett was the leader we want him to be some of the really big boys should have come to his rescue don't you think? After all you have to protect your qb, even from his own mistakes. just saying  :P
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

COCHISE

Quote from: Theolesnort on June 17, 2009, 06:18:49 pm
If Mallett was the leader we want him to be some of the really big boys should have come to his rescue don't you think? After all you have to protect your qb, even from his own mistakes. just saying  :P
Maybe they did.

Big Daddy

Quote from: Hogbody on June 17, 2009, 03:48:24 pm
Mallett better not be hitting with the hand that has the broke finger!

That's right!

Theolesnort

Quote from: 870 RZR on June 17, 2009, 06:47:18 pm
Maybe they did.
One of those big offensive linemen picking Dick up and dusting him off after being flatten is not protecting him. Of course I am being a bit facetious with this one. :P

twistitup

no3putts

if none of you see a prob with our starting QB having some issues and getting into a fight something is wrong with you. Whats the difference between that and Dmac. I know situation is different but what if he shattered his hand, would it be that smart then

Buck Ocean

Quote from: kingofdequeen on June 17, 2009, 03:51:24 pm
Rumor and all...

its completely plausible.  Sounds like a dude from Texarkana running his head, and an out-of-stater not being familiar w/ it.

that is exactly right.
Think like a Jedi

twistitup

I like the fire. We don't need a girlie man as a qb...we need a man.

Sometimes men fight.

The real Hogules

Quote from: no3putts on June 17, 2009, 07:55:14 pm
if none of you see a prob with our starting QB having some issues and getting into a fight something is wrong with you. Whats the difference between that and Dmac. I know situation is different but what if he shattered his hand, would it be that smart then

I think there's a huge difference between two team mates getting into a scuffle in the weight room and DMac almost losing a toe while trying to kick some thug that had stolen his car, when he was in the wrong place at the wrong time to begin with.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

COCHISE

Let's not get all fired up about a rumor.

Wildhog

Quote from: 870 RZR on June 17, 2009, 10:37:39 pm
Let's not get all fired up about a rumor.

No, dude.  Let's.

It's aw3some.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Ragnar Hogbrok

I heard it was a 22-man battle royale.  It was the 1st string offense trying to establish their turf and the 1st string defense wasn't having any of it.

Luckily, the Godfather (Petrino) stepped in and established order.

But, I don't know nothin' bout nothin' but that's the word on the streets.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: wocraig on June 17, 2009, 10:57:36 pm
I heard it was a 22-man battle royale.  It was the 1st string offense trying to establish their turf and the 1st string defense wasn't having any of it.

Luckily, the Godfather (Petrino) stepped in and established order.

But, I don't know nothin' bout nothin' but that's the word on the streets.

I heard mike smith brought a folding chair and isaac madision had a kendo stick.

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: kingofdequeen on June 17, 2009, 11:02:36 pm
I heard mike smith brought a folding chair and isaac madision had a kendo stick.
fish sprayed a couple guys with some mace that he carries on his keychain.
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: kingofdequeen on June 17, 2009, 11:02:36 pm

Yes, that was the 6 man tag team lumberjack double leather strap loser get-out-of-town match...and it occurred in the locker room, not the weight room.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: wocraig on June 17, 2009, 11:04:51 pm
Yes, that was the 6 man tag team lumberjack double leather strap loser get-out-of-town match...and it occurred in the locker room, not the weight room.

joe adams spit green slime into ramon broadways face.

oldbear

As long as there wasn't some freakin little leprechaun running around like on the stupid WWE that my son watches, I'm cool with a little fighting. The leprechaun is just gay.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: kingofdequeen on June 17, 2009, 11:06:07 pm
joe adams spit green slime into ramon broadways face.

But then Broadway climbed the to the top of the squat rack and nailed Adams with the flying elbow.

Greyhands

Quote from: no3putts on June 17, 2009, 07:55:14 pm
Just curious have you ever played football ? Now im not talking about flag with your friends or touch with your family at Thanksgiving. This happens all the time in the weight room or locker room ,fights happen when you have young men that are working hard in the heat and are tired.It could have been as simple as a bump when walking by that set it off or a cut remark about Battles big feet .

One time my best friend and I got int o a pretty good scrap after pratice in HS because we had to run extra because of a hand-off miscue. We where arguing about whose fault it was and one thing lead to another and then there was a push, couple of good blows and then it got broke up.

We where laughing about it by lunch time.

Greyhands