Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is anyone getting close?

Started by batmanfan, May 03, 2009, 05:33:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

batmanfan

Is anyone here getting close to the feeling of hoping the Hogs lose next season to get rid of Pel, like some were with Nutt and Heath?

I reached that point of wanting the Hogs to lose every football game after the 2005 diseaster against Vandy and did up until Nutt resigned.

I reached that point in Heath's last year here, about mid-way through the conference season.

Before the start of year 3, I've already started it with Pel.  I'll cheer for whoever plays the Hogs next season.

Change has to be made.  Change was made in football and I'm very certain Petrino will get us to where he needs to be.  Pel won't next year and never will.  We have to hit a homerun hire like we did in football....Mike Anderson.  Its time for that boy to come home and restore what was once great.
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

PoormansRobbyHampton

No way. I always cheer for the Hogs, and I'm hoping that we were really as young and inexperienced as everyone thought we were last year. And if we're not drastically improved this year? Pel will be gone, and I won't have to even cheer against the team.

However, if we suck again this year, and Pel is brought back for year 4? Then it becomes a possibility.

ua_hogs

May 03, 2009, 05:39:37 pm #2 Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 07:24:41 pm by ua_hogs
please become a "fan" of a new team, you are not needed.

jethro

A fan of any team never wishes them to lose. Pouty children who want their way hope for bad things for others.
Registered in 2003.

Least post per day average on this board.

forrest city joe

Even during the dark days of the Nutt years, i never could or would pull for the hawgs to lose. i have never in my life pulled for the Razorbacks to lose in anything.and i never will. i think Pel should have been fired after the disgrace of a 2 and 15 sec season.i think it's a wast of time to bring him back. but i will be pulling for the hawgs to win every game next year.i hope Pel proves me wrong and we have a great season.

Hawgrox

Sounds like you have pretty much pulled against the Hogs for 4 years.  I just don't understand that. I remember before the LSU game in '07...I wanted Nutt gone SO FREAKIN' BAD but I lived and died with every play in that game. You can't tell me that you were disappointed when Matt Flynn threw that INT in OT to lose the game. Really...I want you to tell me that you were....that you were cheering for Trinden Holliday in '06 when he ran it back against us in the 4th quarter in WMS. Really? Please...I want details. I just can't fathom that kind of twisted hatred...even with TCTWF involved. I get into the Hogs as much or more than anyone I know but when your favorite team losing becomes a means to an end it's time to quit watching sports.

I have never and will never pull against The Razorbacks for any reason.

Good luck with all that....

ruarealhogfan

farmhawg

Quote from: batmanfan on May 03, 2009, 05:33:22 pm
Is anyone here getting close to the feeling of hoping the Hogs lose next season to get rid of Pel, like some were with Nutt and Heath?

I reached that point of wanting the Hogs to lose every football game after the 2005 diseaster against Vandy and did up until Nutt resigned.

I reached that point in Heath's last year here, about mid-way through the conference season.

Before the start of year 3, I've already started it with Pel.  I'll cheer for whoever plays the Hogs next season.

Change has to be made.  Change was made in football and I'm very certain Petrino will get us to where he needs to be.  Pel won't next year and never will.  We have to hit a homerun hire like we did in football....Mike Anderson.  Its time for that boy to come home and restore what was once great.
Go away.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Brass Knob

Dude, we had a really bad season last year but to wish ill fortune against the Razorbacks is just sad and pathetic! I would never normally say this.... Please leave and find another team to be a bandwagon fan of!!!  I am not sold on Pel at all, but I do know that I sure as heck hope that he proves me wrong and changes my opinion of him.  That is what I hope for.  I would much rather me be wrong about the team and see a successful Hog team fielded this coming year than for me to be right just to see a coach fired. 

pitbull1

A real fan would never wish for the Hogs to lose!!

hawaiianhogster

I'm praying for a turn around season. We win the SECW, SECT and get to the elite eight. At least win the SECW will be a much improved team. Go Pel. Get the boys wanting it more than you do. Great things will come your way.

We gave other coaches 4 years we need to give Pel that much unless he has another season like last year. Do you have the money to bring in a proven coach? A real winner? Pel could be that coach with another two years at the helm. Improvement is around the corner.

coach, my back hurts

Batman, if we have a successful season next yr along with a solid recruiting class, will you be okay with Pel remaining our coach?  I know most of us wouldnt have cared if Nutt won a championship.(well that may have helped, but...)  Or do you just feel that Pel isnt the man and any winning will only be temporary and delaying the inevitable?

If the recruits we have coming in show some promise and actually give us some help, not like Moore and Clark where those guys were strickly projects, i'm talking actually show that they can play at this level.  And we have everyone returning.  No players transfering, no attitudes being kicked off, and no accademic casualties, would you want to give Pel a 4th year with 11 or 12 returning players and few recruits?  Alot of ifs, i know, but that very well could happen just as much as us having a terrible season.  Because frankly, until we're about mid-season, we dont have a clue how this team will do.

Wild Bill Hog

I didn't realize you had ever cheered for the Hogs in your life.

forrest city joe

Quote from: hawaiianhogster on May 03, 2009, 07:09:56 pm
I'm praying for a turn around season. We win the SECW, SECT and get to the elite eight. At least win the SECW will be a much improved team. Go Pel. Get the boys wanting it more than you do. Great things will come your way.

We gave other coaches 4 years we need to give Pel that much unless he has another season like last year. Do you have the money to bring in a proven coach? A real winner? Pel could be that coach with another two years at the helm. Improvement is around the corner.
Let's not go overboard. i hope im wrong and the team turns it around and have a good year. and as i said, i could never pull for the Razorbacks to lose. but any talk of giving Pel 4 years is crazy. based on what i saw this past season. i would have fired him on the spot.NO TO YEARS. giving Stan 5 years was a mistake. let's not make the same mistake again.

Hoggish1

May 03, 2009, 08:06:58 pm #14 Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 08:08:40 pm by Hoggish1

N o w a h.

Is that slow enough for ya?  You can wish all you want but it won't make whatever you are wishin' for come to pass.  Stop!  I repeat! STOP wishing for things you're wishes have no effect on.

heathtits

Message Board Career Suicide.

RZRBack_FAN

Quote from: forrest city joe on May 03, 2009, 05:47:35 pm
Even during the dark days of the Nutt years, i never could or would pull for the hawgs to lose. i have never in my life pulled for the Razorbacks to lose in anything.and i never will. i think Pel should have been fired after the disgrace of a 2 and 15 sec season.i think it's a wast of time to bring him back. but i will be pulling for the hawgs to win every game next year.i hope Pel proves me wrong and we have a great season.
Exactly the way you should be. No matter how bad you hate the coach you never pull for your team to lose. Batman has said a million time he was leaving for good but he always comes back.

newera

You should probably get a new team... Florida is a much easier team to cheer for, why don't you go over there?
I'm a diverse all sports fan... Razorbacks, Lipscomb Bisons (NCAA), Portland Timbers (MLS), Tennessee Titans, Nashville Predators, Barcelona (La Liga), Arsenal (EPL), and Sacramento Kings.

Razorbacks#1

Incredible. And why are you on a Hog message board? Go watch a cartoon. Maybe some villian will beat the crap out of batman and robin..
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

stronguard

Batmanfan I've always thought you were really Ramona Heath.  I'm convinced now.

You have absolutely no clue when it comes to athletics.  Probably spend a little too much time playing WoW to ever go out and shoot a basket, or play catch, or anything else that requires ability.  Your opinion is worthless.

Mike Anderson has already failed as our bball coach.  Check out Nolans last 4 years, that is what you get with MA.

If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

newera

still not close, if you're asking...
I'm a diverse all sports fan... Razorbacks, Lipscomb Bisons (NCAA), Portland Timbers (MLS), Tennessee Titans, Nashville Predators, Barcelona (La Liga), Arsenal (EPL), and Sacramento Kings.

bythelake

trphog

Batman my ass.... Your a Joker. Be gone loser

MJ4H

Fans that root for the team to lose are not fans.  End of story.  Credibility=gone, opinions=worthless now.  Please, anyone else that has ever rooted for Arkansas to lose, let us know here so we can take note of whose opinions are actually the opinions of the enemy.

Threads like this are good, they let us know who is not really on our side.

cdclark09

How could someone that claims to be a hog fan EVER root for them to lose? 

want2be

Quote from: bythelake on May 04, 2009, 09:08:39 am
Is that you TIM?

Sounds like Tim calling Bo's show..........The Repeater

ICEman

"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Hogimus Prime

nope.    I want to the Hogs to do awesome next year.   I think they will improve IF the new recruits bring the needed depth and defense.

The Boar War

I have nothing against Pelphrey as a person.  I see him as a tool to get the Razorbacks more wins.  If he can great!.  If he can't he needs to be replaced.  I hope he coaches the hogs to a victory everytime they take the court.  Whether I believe he can do it or not is irrelevant.

hogball33

Quote from: heathtits on May 03, 2009, 09:17:23 pm
Message Board Career Suicide.
yeah best to go ahead and delete the account.

batmanfan

I love how the smallest things here get sent off to the vent, but when people call me name after name it's allowed to stay up.

I've been a poster here longer than anyone of you, I was one of the originals and made this board big.  The reason I haven't posted is because unlike alot of you I have better things to do than sit and post on message boards all day.  And to the buddy who said I play wow and don't do anything all day, get real.  I'd better gooooooooood money I'm in alot better shape than you.

Back to basketball.....because I want to see Failphrey do what he does best, fail, doesn't not make me a fan, its just the way I see that will better the program.  Everyone here is a Hog fan, as am I, we all want the Hogs to succeed, we just have different thoughts and opinions of how that can happen, and mine is that it won't get any better till change is made.  I won't sit down and watch a game and cheer for other teams, I'll just not care about the Razorback basketball team next season.  So while you all are getting down on the team for 5 months, I'll be enjoying things that are worth my while.

Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

Pathological

A lot of people were wanting the same thing after the first few years of Nolan.  Not comparing the two coaches, just the situation.  Pelphrey is the coach, like it or not, and deserves the full and unconditional support of every fan.  If you want him gone OR if you want to see a winning program, just be patient and you will get one or the other.  Deep down, I really do think you would prefer to see them win, but either way, it will happen.  Just not next year.  The athletic department cannot afford to buy him out financially right now (not just speculating, that is truth), and the foundation probably won't jump at it as long as we at least have a solid football program.

kingofdequeen

i will file "batmanfan" in the same category as all "posters" who seem to be caricatures of real people.

File: Coopers Boundless Imaginary Personas...

WilsonHog

I wanted Nutt fired because I thought he was a lousy human being and therefore a poor representative of my alma mater. Even then, however, I never pulled for us to lose a football game.

In the heat of the NCAA Tournament, I was all for Pel being shown the door and Mike Anderson being brought in. Didn't happen, because the man in charge of that decision happened to not agree with me. Shocker.

Given the fact that (1) Pel is coming back and (2) he has never done anything to embarrass my school, as far as I am concerned he is a Razorback. He's one of us. I absolutely won't pull for us to lose. In fact, I hope that 10 years from now when we're talking about the greatest Razorback basketball coaches of all time Pel is mentioned right up there with Eddie and Nolan.

And Bat, to call him "Failphrey" is pathetic on your part.

ua_hogs

Quote from: batmanfan on May 04, 2009, 04:30:28 pm
I love how the smallest things here get sent off to the vent, but when people call me name after name it's allowed to stay up.

I've been a poster here longer than anyone of you, I was one of the originals and made this board big.  The reason I haven't posted is because unlike alot of you I have better things to do than sit and post on message boards all day.  And to the buddy who said I play wow and don't do anything all day, get real.  I'd better gooooooooood money I'm in alot better shape than you.

Back to basketball.....because I want to see Failphrey do what he does best, fail, doesn't not make me a fan, its just the way I see that will better the program.  Everyone here is a Hog fan, as am I, we all want the Hogs to succeed, we just have different thoughts and opinions of how that can happen, and mine is that it won't get any better till change is made.  I won't sit down and watch a game and cheer for other teams, I'll just not care about the Razorback basketball team next season.  So while you all are getting down on the team for 5 months, I'll be enjoying things that are worth my while.

LOL, please continue. While you try to crawl out of the hole, you just continue to dig deeper.

WilsonHog

I was one of the originals and made this board big.

Puts me in mind of the old quote from Hot Rod Hundley about the night he and Jerry West scored 61 points together.

The Logo scored 59 and Hot Rod 2.

V Sports

Hell no and if you ever pulled for any Razorback team to lose you are a piece of Shi$.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

This is blasphemy. How could any real fan feel this way? I have largely boycotted jump ball because of crap like this.

jethro

My grandfather told me that when someone goes out of his way to tell you how great he is (made this board big, better things to do than post, better shape than all of you") then he has to do it cause you can be sure no else is saying it.
Registered in 2003.

Least post per day average on this board.

stronguard

You are important to Hogville the same way Gomer Pyle was important to the USMC. 

I'm not your buddy.  I don't pal around with mercenary fans who turn on their program when the going gets tough.  I'm a real, die-hard fan who is true through thick and thin.  I respect the Hogs more than you do.

You may be in better shape, but you'd lose most sports you played against me, team or otherwise.  And you can "better" all the good money you want on that one "buddy".
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

cdclark09

haha

tiber

Even FCJ's idiotic ramblings pale in comparison to this.

Brass Knob

So because you have spent more time posting on this board than most of us you have the divine right to root against the UofA all of a sudden?  Right, you just keep digging that hole my friend and dont forget to cover it up when you fall in please...

hogfaninbr

May 05, 2009, 05:00:27 am #43 Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 05:02:17 am by hogfaninbr
Quote from: tiber on May 05, 2009, 01:16:58 am

Even FCJ's idiotic ramblings pale in comparison to this.

Same category IMHO.  What FCJ lacks in shock value, makes up for it in volume. 

I can't read a thread even remotely about basketball without FCJ somehow derailing it into a Pelphrey bashing/defending argument. 

Posters like FCJ and Batman "fan" take so much away from this board. 
The overwhelming response of true Hog fans reminds me that people like this are in the minority. 

I like discussion about razorback sports.  But, I live in the middle of LSU land and don't get much/any constant info from local sources.  When I come on this site to get news and insight and can't because posters like the aforementioned hijack every thread, I discover new sources of information and use this board less and less.

FCJ...everyone knows you do not like Pelphrey..Please post something that contributes to constructive discussions or GTFO.  You make it miserable for many who would like to be a fan and not have to listen to your same rant over and over on every thread.  You are entitled to your opinion (which apparently there is only one), but please don't subject every thread to your repeated rant. 
Contrary to popular belief, repeating your stance over and over will not make it any more right or wrong...it will annoy the hell out of everyone around you, though. 
If I can be banned for "bashing" moderators...why can FCJ not receive a similar suspended term for hijacking every thread and turning the Jump Ball and frequently the recruiting threads into his own vent on our coaching staff. 
The repeated bashings of the coaching staff are surely not in accordance with board policy. 
FCJs repetition of the same rant serves nothing more than to flame and instill divisiveness on the board.  This is my plea to the administrators to please, in whatever way you deem appropriate, put out this flaming. 
Even positives about the program are rolled over when FCJ posts his one track opinion. 

I love the hogs.  I support Pelphrey.  I look for vast improvement next year and a minimum NIT berth.  A good showing in the NIT should earn a 4th year.  Year 4 I would expect a deep tournament run and nothing less.  Now, if there is only marginal improvement next year or we fail to make a run at division/conference championship and/or deep tourney runs in the next 2 then I will promptly begin to support the removal of Staff and hiring of a more qualified one. 
I would love to discuss the positives and negatives of the program as a whole with anyone. 
BUT I DO NOT WISH TO READ POSTS THAT DEAL ONLY IN SUPERLATIVES AND MISGUIDED ANGER THAT DETER CONSTRUCTIVE DEBATE. 

This is my plea.  May it not fall on deaf ears as I pessimistically fear that it may.

The Boar War

Quote from: hogfaninbr on May 05, 2009, 05:00:27 am
The repeated bashings of the coaching staff are surely not in accordance with board policy. 

Hogville history lesson anyone?

I respect everyone's opinion on here.  If FCJ wants to rail on Pelphrey thats his perogative.  If Hogfather wants to support Pelphrey thats his decision.  It seems like we should all be big enough to have open debates and to listen to everyone's opinion.   

jkstock04

Batman, you were one of the main people on here crying and whining about wanting rid of Heath...looks to me like you got what you wanted.  I agree that next year is gonna be bad...but this is what you wanted right?  A new coach?  Well, you got it.  Sometimes simply firing a coach isn't the best answer....and this is a prime example of it.  This is what I'd call reaping what you sew.

And to ya'll always bashing FCJ....he may not sound like the most astute on the internet, give him a break, most from his generation don't even know how to turn a computer on...but I promise you, you talk to him in person and he can reel off fact after fact about the program and it's happenings, and he see's whats fixing to happen next season with this basketball team....much to the disarray of many on here.  I say EVERYONE is entitled to their own opinions.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Hey,hey, I agree, everyone is entitled to their opinion.  We do have a few on here that will take the opposing view just to bitch and verbally abuse anyone who posts.  These Guys don't have an opinion, they just post to oppose yours.  These are your basic idiots.  Then you have a few on here who believe with all their heart that their postion is the only position and cannot understand why many of us are too stupid to see what they see.  I would much rather have the don't like Pel bunch posting than the idiots that find fault with everything posted and argue both sides just to have something to do.  The very reason I'd give Pel another year is that I don't have enough information fire the Guy and don't trust the info that is HINTED on here.  I really believe he is decent, better than Stan for example.  Stan got 5 years and I felt he was about as good as he would ever be for us.  I don't want Pel here 5 years unless he has earned it through his overall record.

Razorpigg

You are a complete .....hmmm whats the word?

Coondog Hog

I have not been happy with Pel at all this year, but I never never never root for the Hogs to fail.  I want everyone involved with every sport at the UofA to excell alll the time.  Iwant Pell to succeed and be here 100 years.  All I want as a fan is success for the Hogs.
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

cdclark09