Nate Allen Takes Jeff Long to the Arkansas Woodshed

Started by WilsonHog, April 26, 2009, 07:48:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BSEE78

Quote from: WilsonHog on April 26, 2009, 07:48:53 am
That was a whoopin.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/nwat/76043

"Occasionally, it seems Long learns from mistakes."

The Gazette fell because they failed to do so.  Frank fell because by the end he couldn't admit the possibility of making a mistake.

Arkansas will change Jeff Long more than he will ever change the Razorbacks.  In the meantime, Nate will have to adapt a little himself and at least pretend to be more of a real journalist and less of a crybaby.

SLC

Very good article. 

Jeff Long, I like you but please listen to those words.   This is how you will move from good to great. 
I need your truthful reply - lie, I will know it... and death will be no respite.

SLC

Quote from: BSEE78 on April 26, 2009, 08:10:06 am
"Occasionally, it seems Long learns from mistakes."

The Gazette fell because they failed to do so.  Frank fell because by the end he couldn't admit the possibility of making a mistake.

Arkansas will change Jeff Long more than he will ever change the Razorbacks.  In the meantime, Nate will have to adapt a little himself and at least pretend to be more of a real journalist and less of a crybaby.

I think Nate seemed to be motivated by being barred from the Broyles complex, but Nate is right in that it takes the support of everyone in the state to be successful. 
I need your truthful reply - lie, I will know it... and death will be no respite.

Theolesnort

Nope, really it is a exercise in insanity.  Doing the same ole things the same ole way and expecting a different outcome. That describes ole Nate to a a tee. I'm waiting for Long to pick our new basketball coach and so are many others. Leave the man along and let him do his job.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Divot

Nate makes some good points about the Hogs being both a rich man and a poor man's team and common bond throughout the state. However, his apparent bitterness about media access ruins the article....A sign of an less-than-average journalist who won't make it "for long" anywhere outside a good ole boy network.

SLC

Look, I am not a fan of Nate either but he does make some valid points. 

Just b/c it is Nate Allen doesn't mean Jeff shouldn't listen and improve. 

daBoar

"They paved paradise and put up a parking lot"....

RhodeHog

Everybody should learn from their mistakes, it makes them better at a job and in life...Long is no exception.  I like what he has done so far and think the good he brings outweighs any bad.  He is so much better than JFB it is astounding.  And yes, as the above poster said Nate just has a grudge against Long.   

oldbear

There is a lot of truth in what Allen says in the article. My personal opinion is that it has much to do with the small population of the state and the necessity of the entire fan base being united in order to compete on a national level. If you alienate a significant contingent of the fan base, the program could not be sustained. We just don't have the numbers of Texas, Florida, Georgia, etc.

JIMMY BOARFFETT

I don't know how all this will play out but, I took my six year old grandson to the Spring game last weekend for his first Razorback experience.  I wanted to take him through the Broyles Center and really talk up the Razorback history to him.  I was surprised that it was closed.  That does keep a lot of people out whose only opportunity to visit is on game days.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

djgaffer

Thanks, Nate. 

I have no doubt that Long is a good business guy.  But I really have a hard time finding any change that he's made that I like.  Maybe the ribbon score boards at the arena. 

Bud Walton feels like an NBA arena now.  The suits are walking around with their security ear pieces in.  I'm paying significantly more dollars for what has so far amounted to 4 conference wins between Football AND basketball.

It will all be more easier to stomach if wins start coming in bunches.  But I don't like the feel of any of it.  I appreciate Nate putting himself out there.  It won't help get in the Broyles center any faster.

pioneerhawg

"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage. And then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."  William "Hogville" Shakespeare

rzrbackrob

We all know that Long has some Carpetbagging tendencies, but the Good Old Boy network had run its course in the Hog athletic department. Change is the only constant. Time for Arkansas to grow up and get ready to compete on a national level. Professionalism often seems impersonal, but as many were excluded from the Good Old Boy network: just not all the same people. If the ticket prices get too high for me, I will get tickets in a less desirable section, or wait for gameday and hope to find better. I am willing to trade what I have grown accustomed to for a national championship.
Good is the enemy of great

Ray Piggers

Can't find any change he's made you like?

What about Bobby Petrino? Didn't like that one?
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

Mitch C

Isn't this the same board that bitched relentlessly about the Good ole' Boy network and how things had to be done differntly?

BSEE78

Quote from: djgaffer on April 26, 2009, 08:46:11 am

It will all be more easier to stomach if wins start coming in bunches.  But I don't like the feel of any of it.  I appreciate Nate putting himself out there.  It won't help get in the Broyles center any faster.

You hit the key...winning cures most ills.  As for putting himself "out there" Allen probably senses this spring could be his last opportunity to take a shot at the new power structure.  When Petrino's program gets rolling those days will soon be gone.

Of course it's ironic that Nate pines so much now for the good ole days and the good ole boys.  If he and the rest of Arkansas' fourth estate hadn't cowered in fear of challenging the Old Boar till it was way too late they might have provided the feedback the old boys so badly needed.

hawgsmellgud

The man is moving us in the right direction. Like it or not sports, ALL sports, is a business now a days. I hate it just as much as anyone of you, but if all of the other schools are making money in everyway possible we have to do that also. Does is take away from the "spirit" of the game? Yes, but also if we just sit back while every other program continues to earn money and build upon what they have pretty soon we will be looking up at everyone including the Mississippi schools.

I hate the way that money has taken over every sport at every level but guys we just have to face those facts. As long as there are people on public message boards getting paid to pimp highschool football players, as long as basketball gyms all over the country are filled with the best ball players and their AGENTS, there will be AD's selling sponsorships. It is just what it is and they ain't changin for nobody. So sit back and enjoy the ride cause it does no good to get upset.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

Hawgrox

I WENT BACK TO OHIO
BUT MY CITY WAS GONE
THERE WAS NO TRAIN STATION
THERE WAS NO DOWNTOWN
SOUTH HOWARD HAD DISAPPEARED
ALL MY FAVORITE PLACES
MY CITY HAD BEEN PULLED DOWN
REDUCED TO PARKING SPACES
A, O, WAY TO GO OHIO

WELL I WENT BACK TO OHIO
BUT MY FAMILY WAS GONE
I STOOD ON THE BACK PORCH
THERE WAS NOBODY HOME
I WAS STUNNED AND AMAZED
MY CHILDHOOD MEMORIES
SLOWLY SWIRLED PAST
LIKE THE WIND THROUGH THE TREES
A, O, OH WAY TO GO OHIO

I WENT BACK TO OHIO
BUT MY PRETTY COUNTRYSIDE
HAD BEEN PAVED DOWN THE MIDDLE
BY A GOVERNMENT THAT HAD NO PRIDE
THE FARMS OF OHIO
HAD BEEN REPLACED BY SHOPPING MALLS
AND MUZAK FILLED THE AIR
FROM SENECA TO CUYAHOGA FALLS
SAID, A, O, OH WAY TO GO OHIO

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Hawgrox on April 26, 2009, 09:09:14 am
I WENT BACK TO OHIO
BUT MY CITY WAS GONE
THERE WAS NO TRAIN STATION
THERE WAS NO DOWNTOWN
SOUTH HOWARD HAD DISAPPEARED
ALL MY FAVORITE PLACES
MY CITY HAD BEEN PULLED DOWN
REDUCED TO PARKING SPACES
A, O, WAY TO GO OHIO

WELL I WENT BACK TO OHIO
BUT MY FAMILY WAS GONE
I STOOD ON THE BACK PORCH
THERE WAS NOBODY HOME
I WAS STUNNED AND AMAZED
MY CHILDHOOD MEMORIES
SLOWLY SWIRLED PAST
LIKE THE WIND THROUGH THE TREES
A, O, OH WAY TO GO OHIO

I WENT BACK TO OHIO
BUT MY PRETTY COUNTRYSIDE
HAD BEEN PAVED DOWN THE MIDDLE
BY A GOVERNMENT THAT HAD NO PRIDE
THE FARMS OF OHIO
HAD BEEN REPLACED BY SHOPPING MALLS
AND MUZAK FILLED THE AIR
FROM SENECA TO CUYAHOGA FALLS
SAID, A, O, OH WAY TO GO OHIO

Isn't it too early to be drinking?
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

Petrino was outhouse luck, not Long's skill.  That said, he is our AD.  I hope he learns and progresses and mixes his skills with the downhome approach that has worked for years to some extent.  Either approach has problems.  The price of any product is what the market will bear.  That is why coaches earn 3 to 10 times their worth.  That is why ticket prices are so expensive.  The market will bear it and the coaches are getting their share.  It all starts with the fans and donors.  If we fill the stadiums near capacity, then the prices aren't too high.  If the donors keeping shelling out, then the system still works.

cw2

Quote from: golfer_fore_life on April 26, 2009, 08:24:04 am
Nate makes some good points about the Hogs being both a rich man and a poor man's team and common bond throughout the state. However, his apparent bitterness about media access ruins the article....A sign of an less-than-average journalist who won't make it "for long" anywhere outside a good ole boy network.
I would concur with this.  He made a valid point, but laced it with too much whining.

Mitch C

Is Nate Allen the love child of Nate Newton and Eric Allen?

The Great Hambino

Nate Allen is a baby. Quit bitching. I like the changes so far. If you are reading this, GET OVER IT! You should be more concerned about your job than that job someone else is doing. Newspapers are dieing.

MuskogeeHogFan

That was a whoopin.

How long have so many of us opined on here for Arkansas to move from mediocrity to what we all felt was to regain our rightful place as a "major" program in Division I? We could have kept JFB and remained "folksy" and "homey" and all of those "relationships" that Frank spoke of building and sharing would retained their power over our program and would have kept the same old stranglehold on our opportunity to move forward.

Nate Allen is right about one thing. If you seperate the program from the "common Joe", you will lose the majority of support for the program. This is the foundation of the Arkansas Razorbacks. The big money boosters certainly provide millions to help sustain the program. But the largest percentage of support and sources of revenue overall come from the "average Joe's" that make their contributions and buy their season tickets every year, pay for their parking places, bring their families and friends and buy the souveniers, often times making major personal financial sacrifices in order to keep doing so year in and year out.

Jeff Long was brought on board to make changes, and he has. I believe he has been good for Arkansas to date and will continue to make good decisions to help Arkansas. But if he makes mistakes like segregating the majority fan base from the big money donors at such events as a signing day party, then this is a mistake. If there is a desire to do something special for the big money folks, then have two parties, one for the general public and then a more private party for the guys he feels need to be schmoozed to keep their pocket books open. There is nothing wrong with that, but you just can't ignore one for the other.

Seems to me that Petrino is all about involving the "common fan" and about bringing back and celebrating former Razorbacks, having them be an integral part of not only the history and lore of the program, but their invovlement in taking the program forward. I have to assume that Long supports this...he better. Additionally, the facilties that celebrate past Razorback teams and their members and accomplishments has to be open on game days. Kids that want to be Razorbacks can walk around and look at the pictures, the teams, the players  that have come and gone, with starry eyes and dream of being a Razorback and running through the "A" into RRS one day. This builds more walls around Arkansas than anything.

On the other hand, Allen's article, to some degree, smacks of a desire to inflame the public attitude against Jeff Long because Allen feels a personal afront to having been declined access to the BAC. Things change. Get used to it. Change is the only thing certain in life.

I have faith that Jeff Long will make the right decisions for this program to take it to the next level, where we belong. Changes, anyones changes, are often going to ruffle the feathers of those who have been made to feel they had "special privledges". I'll put my money on Long to learn as he goes and to make Arkansas the premier program it deserves to be.
Go Hogs Go!

RazorWeevil

Dayum Nate, great article. 

I agree with the majority of it. 

:razorback:
Insanity is hereditary.  I got mine from my kids.

Buck Brewer

The closure of the BAC may have as much to do with Petrino as it does Long on "game day." Long is just trying to make a dollar.  What Long has to learn is that Arkansas is a breed apart. We are different, we do things different, that's what makes us Arkansans.

On the BAC, This should be separate from the stadium if the fact that it's also the entrance for coaches' and staff's offices and they want controlled. I could have sworn that I tried to get in on Game Day to see the museum on game day under Broyles and it was closed off as well. If it's going to stay put(it could use a major refresh) it need to be accessible to the fans on gameday. Maybe this could be addressed if and when a NEZ expansion comes.

The seats at BWA, really I hate the way they look and they are not even allowed to stand and cheer. I know this is something that was brought with him from PITT, their new arena has a section like this but along with suites that are that low. That whole section should be students IMO from baseline to baseline. Frank got greedy there and Long just took it to another level. Student have too many seats for such low usage rates but hey right now lots of seats are low usage at BWA.

As for the Doctors, that's an ISP thing I bet with the marketing tie in.

IronHog

That was a whoopin.

1.  Where were these articles when JFB was at Augusta National during coaching hires, or giving HDN instructions that would literally tear Razorback fans apart?

2.  Long was brought in to move Razorback athletics from 1977 to 2009.  I look for an AD with Arkansas ties to be hired in the next 5 years that will swing the pendalum back to the middle a fair bit. 

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: IronHog on April 26, 2009, 09:53:58 am

1.  Where were these articles when JFB was at Augusta National during coaching hires, or giving HDN instructions that would literally tear Razorback fans apart?

2.  Long was brought in to move Razorback athletics from 1977 to 2009.  I look for an AD with Arkansas ties to be hired in the next 5 years that will swing the pendalum back to the middle a fair bit. 

Indeed. You said it in far fewer words than I did above, and I agree with you wholeheartedly.
Go Hogs Go!

humphrey

I think that this article, and a lot of the reatcions to it, reinforce that Arkansans DON'T want a high-caliber, national championship athletic program.  They don't want to do what it takes to compete on a national level.  Like another poster said, most Arkansans want to Hogs to be folksy.  We can already see by goign to football and basketball games, most Hog fans don't care about winning.  They come into the stadium late, they leave early, and they only show up if the opponent is ranked.  Even when the Hogs are ranked, if the opponent is not ranked, they don't show.  At other schools I've been to, fans get in their seats an hour before kickoff and don't leave the stadium fo0r an hour after the game's over.  They also pack the place no matter who the opponent is.

It is obvoius that many Arkansans don't want to do what it takes to be a high-caliber program.

Besides, how many of you were saying, "Long and Petrino know what they're doing and I trust them," when it comes to changing the field at RRS, but don't like Long now?

IronHog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 26, 2009, 09:58:05 am
Indeed. You said it in far fewer words than I did above, and I agree with you wholeheartedly.

JFB and the "GOB's" ran off plenty of salt of the earth type fans with their ivory tower, you can't touch us approach.

The FACT we see a critical article come out of the Arkansas press demonstrates that Arkansas may be on the road back to some type of revival as a nationally relevant football program.  Lord knows they didn't make any voluntary sacrifices to make it happen.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

tim9756

My take, as an average fan,  "much ado about nothing"

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: humphrey on April 26, 2009, 10:01:59 am
I think that this article, and a lot of the reatcions to it, reinforce that Arkansans DON'T want a high-caliber, national championship athletic program.  They don't want to do what it takes to compete on a national level.  Like another poster said, most Arkansans want to Hogs to be folksy.  We can already see by goign to football and basketball games, most Hog fans don't care about winning.  They come into the stadium late, they leave early, and they only show up if the opponent is ranked.  Even when the Hogs are ranked, if the opponent is not ranked, they don't show.  At other schools I've been to, fans get in their seats an hour before kickoff and don't leave the stadium fo0r an hour after the game's over.  They also pack the place no matter who the opponent is.

It is obvoius that many Arkansans don't want to do what it takes to be a high-caliber program.

Besides, how many of you were saying, "Long and Petrino know what they're doing and I trust them," when it comes to changing the field at RRS, but don't like Long now?

You must be speaking to the minority because the majority of posts I see on this thread are supportive of Long and what he is doing and see Nate Allen as a whiner.
Go Hogs Go!

Porkette

April 26, 2009, 10:12:22 am #33 Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 10:14:29 am by Porkette
Quote from: tim9756 on April 26, 2009, 10:07:25 am
My take, as an average fan,  "much ado about nothing"

That's kind of what I was trying to say in my wordy post above. As average fans, my family and I were just as 'out of the loop' when Coach Broyles and all the old boys were in charge as we are now under the new leadership. No difference really for most folks.
GO HOGS GO!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: IronHog on April 26, 2009, 10:06:35 am

JFB and the "GOB's" ran off plenty of salt of the earth type fans with their ivory tower, you can't touch us approach.

The FACT we see a critical article come out of the Arkansas press demonstrates that Arkansas may be on the road back to some type of revival as a nationally relevant football program.  Lord knows they didn't make any voluntary sacrifices to make it happen.

There are a lot of people in Arkansas in positions of influence who could care less if we moved forward or not, as long they retained what they felt was their formerly "privledged" status. Anyone who thinks that JFB didn't play up to the big money is just smokin dope. But because Jeff Long does the same in a different, more modern way and restricts the privledges of some in the media, they are ready to roast him. Do you think that USC and Pete Carroll don't play up to the big time celebrities and big money folks that support their program? Of course they do.

Allen is just whining and trying to parlay his personal agenda into riling the masses against Long.
Go Hogs Go!

Gus Of The Ozarks

Neandertal man died off because he never evolved. Thats what woulda happened to the Razorbacks because of Frank!

Arkapigdiesel

Quote from: IronHog on April 26, 2009, 09:53:58 am

Bravo.

I do hope you're wrong and that we keep an AD in here with no ties to Arkansas though.

I want the business model to stay and fear the GOBN when it comes to running a successful and WINNING program.  JFB overstayed his welcome and that's why we are in the shape that we are in in Basketball and in Football.  Luckily, DVH fell into his lap and viewed coming back home as his dream job.  JFB in his later years was the enigma rather than the solution.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

Dirty

As long as the hogs win and win big.  I don't care what Long does.  He got BP here.

Feralhog

April 26, 2009, 10:50:48 am #38 Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 10:53:00 am by Feralhog
Quote from: 12247 on April 26, 2009, 09:18:00 am
Petrino was outhouse luck, not Long's skill....... 
Call it whatever the hell you want but if JFB were still AD, we wouldn't have BP!  Allen's a loser
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

passinghog

As a young journalist, that article was embarrassing. It's time for Arkansas to come to the 21st century. The days of the GOBN MUST be over. Their days are past due.

If you exclude the section where he complains about the restrictions on media access (media guys will always complain about this..and their gripe is somewhat justifiable), Nate Allen comes off as a neanderthal writing this article.

Everything about Arkansas program needed to be updated to 21st century standards when Long came to Arkansas. period.

ArkieBrat

I have no problem with Long running UA as a business model.  I don't care about "folksy"; I care about success.  And what defines "folksy" anyway?  After living in Houston for 25 years I moved back to this area and found that the people had changed with the times.  I honestly think that the retiring Arkie baby boomers that have moved back, along with other transplants, have changed the landscape somewhat.
My all time Razorback favs.....

1. 1969 Shootout (Longhorns 'n Hogs football)
2.  Great Alaska Shootout under Eddie Sutton
3.  Orange Bowl CLASSIC under the Great Lou
4.  Rollin w/Nolan AND the '94 NC
5.  Being able to see Nolan and Company at the Aloha Classic in Honolulu (Dec '94) & all of us breaking bread together at a luau, & watching Nolan do the hula after being called onstage. AWESOME!  It doesn't get any better than that.

djgaffer

Quote from: DahawgsN07 on April 26, 2009, 09:00:29 am
Can't find any change he's made you like?

What about Bobby Petrino? Didn't like that one?

We fell into Petrino.  Supposedly, we were about an hour away from hiring Will Muschamp.  I don't give anyone at the U of A too much credit for falling into a guy who wanted to get out so bad he was willing to quit in the middle of the NFL season and take the wrath of the media for it. 

TeedupHigh

Well Nate times are changing!  Your boy and the old man are gone and you are still pissed off!  We don't live in the past son, not keeping up with time was killed by Frank.  Sure he make a little speech on his way out the door but he also had his hand out along the way. If the HOGS don't change the way they do business then they will keep falling behind.  It's a business son, it ain't a game any longer!  Make money or just go ahead and join the Sun Belt Conference, I'm sure that is the place you would like to see the HOGS anyway.  You can then join them as they will then be nothing more than second rate at best.  Long don't want to compete he wants to win!!!

Feralhog

April 26, 2009, 11:01:44 am #43 Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 11:12:28 am by Feralhog
Quote from: djgaffer on April 26, 2009, 11:00:43 am
We fell into Petrino.  Supposedly, we were about an hour away from hiring Will Muschamp.  I don't give anyone at the U of A too much credit for falling into a guy who wanted to get out so bad he was willing to quit in the middle of the NFL season and take the wrath of the media for it. 
Yep, we suck

It's not like Arkansas was going to be the only opening in college.  The fact that Long put BP in a situation to be forced into deciding to leave Atlanta  in the middle of the season, at least says something.   
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

djgaffer

Quote from: Feralhog on April 26, 2009, 11:01:44 am
Yep, we suck

It's not like Arkansas was going to be the only opening in college.  The fact that Long put BP in a situation to be forced into deciding to leave Atlanta  in the middle of the season, at least says something.   

Where did I say that?  Insiders on the board had Muschamp a done deal.  We'd been politely declined by others. 

Petrino's a good hire.  It just had more to do with Petrino wanting out of the NFL than it did about our new leadership.  I don't think it was all Jeff Long constantly pursuing him until he finally gave in to his great salesmanship. 
The timing worked perfect.  It's okay to be lucky once in a while.  "We suck" has only come from you.

passinghog

Quote from: djgaffer on April 26, 2009, 11:19:31 am
Where did I say that?  Insiders on the board had Muschamp a done deal.  We'd been politely declined by others. 

Petrino's a good hire.  It just had more to do with Petrino wanting out of the NFL than it did about our new leadership.  I don't think it was all Jeff Long constantly pursuing him until he finally gave in to his great salesmanship. 
The timing worked perfect.  It's okay to be lucky once in a while.  "We suck" has only come from you.

Politely declined by others?
Grobe and Tommy Bowden, whether you liked them or not, were done deals. Their hires were held up by the Board.
TT turned us down, true.

Hogaliciousness

I am sick of the press folks thinking they are above all others.  It is a "how dare you" not allow me at a private function that, just possibly, the coaches or participants would like a truly private event. 

We are a small state and Long has to be keenly aware of it.  But please don't be confused that the point of the article was to punish Long for not inviting that particular reporter to the private event...  A clear agenda.  In the end, it may punish the press...  We shall see.
I am ready for some football!

Feralhog

April 26, 2009, 11:42:52 am #47 Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 11:45:05 am by Feralhog
Quote from: djgaffer on April 26, 2009, 11:19:31 am

Your post resonated with the "we're poor arkiesaw" bs spewed by the former regime.  Did we get lucky?  Maybe, maybe not.  Unlike Kiffie, BP was in no danger of getting the hook.  Obviously there was something about "arkiesaw" that was attractive enough for BP to bolt from Atlanta knowing he'd be crucified in the press. 

Long was smart enough not to wait around and he had the balls to force BP's hand.  I seem to recall the former AD allowing us to be played when we were replacing Heath, and the fact is, most AD's would probably risk being played if given a chance to hire someone like Petrino.  Nutt to Neb is proof of this.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: RhodeHog on April 26, 2009, 08:36:43 am
Everybody should learn from their mistakes, it makes them better at a job and in life...Long is no exception.  I like what he has done so far and think the good he brings outweighs any bad.  He is so much better than JFB it is astounding.  And yes, as the above poster said Nate just has a grudge against Long.

Sounds like a grudge might exist on your part as well.  Cutting off relationships with ex-Hog FB players and those who can hire ex-Hog FB players once their eligibility ends is complete stupidity.  This hurts recruiting, make no mistake about that.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: TeedupHigh on April 26, 2009, 11:01:03 am
Long don't doesn't want to compete he wants to win!!!

Fixed that Sun Belt grammar for you, son.