KFAY 1030 baseball audio

Started by ParaPorker, April 07, 2009, 07:31:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ParaPorker

I've had enough, let's raise some hell.

TO: 'jefflong@uark.edu'
CC: 'john.baker@cumulus.com'

Dear Sirs,

I would like to register a complaint about the quality of the Razorback baseball broadcast here in Fayetteville. The sound quality of the signal on KFAY 1030 is pathetic and too annoying to listen too. I've tried on 5 different radios just to verify that it isn't my equipment. There is an annoying high pitched warbling noise that occurs every few seconds throughout all the baseball games.

The idea that we have to listen to a home baseball game IN Fayetteville of this quality is infuriating and I would sincerely hope you can do something about it since we've got about 30 games to go.

The internet chat boards are all complaining about the poor sound quality as well, and I'll be posting this email and your email addresses on the boards in hopes you get plenty of complaints.

I know I won't be buying anything from anyone advertising on your broadcasts. Maybe I can start a boycott and we can start contacting your advertisers.

Sincerely and WPS.
Tom Parker
Fayetteville, AR
WPS, go hogs go. Peace, out.

spudhog

Quote from: ParaPorker on April 07, 2009, 07:31:04 pm
I've had enough, let's raise some hell.

TO: 'jefflong@uark.edu'
CC: 'john.baker@cumulus.com'

Dear Sirs,

I would like to register a complaint about the quality of the Razorback baseball broadcast here in Fayetteville. The sound quality of the signal on KFAY 1030 is pathetic and too annoying to listen too. I've tried on 5 different radios just to verify that it isn't my equipment. There is an annoying high pitched warbling noise that occurs every few seconds throughout all the baseball games.

The idea that we have to listen to a home baseball game IN Fayetteville of this quality is infuriating and I would sincerely hope you can do something about it since we've got about 30 games to go.

The internet chat boards are all complaining about the poor sound quality as well, and I'll be posting this email and your email addresses on the boards in hopes you get plenty of complaints.

I know I won't be buying anything from anyone advertising on your broadcasts. Maybe I can start a boycott and we can start contacting your advertisers.

Sincerely and WPS.
Tom Parker
Fayetteville, AR

couldn't agree more. sounds like they are broadcasting in alaska. can't hear the crowd at all. not up to the standards of our program.

86rogershog

kurm 790 is a blowtorch when the sun is up..I'm a few minutes from no audieo.790 selects to air women's finials.I love kermit,but he has had a daughter playing major collage hoops,he is biased.

ParaPorker

And since I'm complaining how come other SEC baseball games are on XM but we are not, does anybody know?

AckaBacka

I'd have the game on right now if I could pick up a decent signal in Fayetteville.  I can walk outside and see the stadium lights, but I can't listen to the game, or any of the sponsors commercial messages for that matter.  Seriously, what else is on AM radio other than rabid preachers and some random morse code?  I have tickets for tomorrow nights game, but the radio situation is ridiculous. 

86rogershog

Your pic aka icon is gross.This sterotipical haters is not right.You love rush,fox..you like to be cute,,cutieism is about to be taxed...

50yrhog

I couldn't agree more.  Baseball should be close to turning a small profit now, so why can't they afford to broadcast Hog baseball on a decent station?   I'm listening tonight and am getting that annoying noise on KFAY AM 1030 just like others

50yrhog

well, the broadcast just crapped completely out.  now I can't hear a thing. 

86rogershog

1030 has just went blanke...my recourse is hogville

AckaBacka

Quote from: 86rogershog on April 07, 2009, 08:32:46 pm
Your pic aka icon is gross.This sterotipical haters is not right.You love rush,fox..you like to be cute,,cutieism is about to be taxed...
I think you have me confused with the other guy who just started using this picture as his icon also.  I dont listen to Rush at all, I don't watch Fox except for the Simpsons and I don't like to be cute, but sometimes I just can't help myself. 

Back to the topic, last night I found a way to get some sketchy reception using my cell phone radio, a length of wire and a cresent wrench.  My wife wanted to take a picture of me holding my arms out at weird angles, but then she finally got tired of me asking her to pour beer in my mouth and she left.

razorgary

Thank you Tom for taking the initiative to get something done. I live in Rogers and reception is also pathetic. I will follow you on what needs to be done.

razorgary

KURM does not broadcast all games. In Rogers, they usually switch to somethig else.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Ok, I usually don't complain but had to after not being able to listen to last night's game.  It's just stupid.  So I sent Jeff Long an e-mail as well. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

LRcopperhog

I was listening to the South Carolina game Friday night on my way to Fayetteville.  After going through the tunnel on 540 I lost the FM Channel and later found it on 1030.  The channel was in and out through the entire game.  I just figured they had you guys up there blacked out.  I could not believe that you guys in Fayetteville could not listen to the game.  Last night in Little Rock, I had great reception on the buzz.

The_Iceman

i wish we had a station like 96.3 in Fort Smith.

there is nothing like turning on the radio back home and listening to Chuck call a baseball game on a Sunday afternoon. Up here, the quality is just terrible.

Hothman

try living in east ar.we just get conference games .no fri.nite games though
I love Razorback sports ,I tell you what.

ArkansasFan

I live outside of Fayetteville a couple of miles and I get so tired of holding my radio in the air in so many different angles throughout the game.  One night I just drove into town to a fair reception spot and pulled off the road to listen.  The broadcast still went in and out but I heard most of it.

I'm thinking about for future road games finding the 1030 tower and go park under it and try that area.

Very Frustrating!!!

stan the man

I left the game towards the end of the eighth inning and turned on 1030 and picked it up fine but once I got on I540 headed toward Springdale I lost it.  I checked 790 and FM1003 and found other programming.  I can't imagine not being able to hear the game of the magnitude of number 1 vs 2.  Absolutely ridiculous. Mybe it is planned that way so more will go to the game.

J. Green

it's not planned that way Stan.. just stupid radio exec

ParaPorker

Well I got a response from Jeff Long and we have GOOD reception in Fayetteville tonight. I hope the rest of you folks can hear it.

Hallelujah!!! I may have to gas up at Citgo (not a Chavez fan though), buy some AQ Chicken and run to my beloved Harps if this keeps up.

WPS,
Tom

-- From the AD

Tom,

Very much aware of the issues and we are working on it.

Thank you,

Jeff

Jeff Long
Vice Chancellor
Director of Athletics
University of Arkansas

clockwisehog

Well done sir.  The reception this evening at my house is great.  I'm hoping the hogs get it going next inning but is nice to hear it so clearly.
"Doctors are always trying to tell me, you've got to start slowing it down.  But there's more old drunks than there are old Doctors, so I guess we should have another round" -- Willie Nelson

razorgary

Man, something strange is happening! I have clear radio reception for the 1st. time.WOW!

ParaPorker

That's the best outcome of my complaining in years, just ask my wife she'll back me up  ;D

Now if we could just get baseball on the XM SEC channels we could go the lake!!

Cheers everyone and WPS.

clockwisehog

An then someone kicked the plug out.  I just lost my reception.  After that great inning, now I'm peaved.
"Doctors are always trying to tell me, you've got to start slowing it down.  But there's more old drunks than there are old Doctors, so I guess we should have another round" -- Willie Nelson

ParaPorker

Is it still off? It sounds fine here off of Gregg and Sycamore.

clockwisehog

I've been able to reconfigure my antennae and I'm getting it, but not nearly the quality I was.  Eitherway, I'm happy to at least be hearing it.