Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vanderbilt losing to Middle Tenn. State...

Started by Reaganite, October 01, 2005, 09:08:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Reaganite

October 01, 2005, 09:08:30 pm Last Edit: October 02, 2005, 05:53:06 am by ImHogginIt
with 3 minutes to go:
Middle Tennessee State 17
Vanderbuilt 15

We LOST to VANDERBUILT???

Biggus Piggus

They're on Vandy's side of the 50 but have to punt.  About 3 minutes left.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

You know guys, it makes no sense to compare scores.

So don't go putting up

Vanderbilt 28, Arkansas 24
Middle Tennessee State 17, Vanderbilt 15

That would be unfair.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

Vandy got punted back to its 1!

But they're driving.  Reached their own 39, less than 2 mins left.
[CENSORED]!

Reaganite

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on October 01, 2005, 09:12:06 pm
You know guys, it makes no sense to compare scores.

So don't go putting up

Vanderbilt 28, Arkansas 24
Middle Tennessee State 17, Vanderbilt 15

That would be unfair.

LOL... that's too rich!

Biggus Piggus

Vandy crossed midfield!  A minute left.  They just need 3.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

Holy crap, what a break for Vanderbilt.  MTSU got a personal foul, 15-yarder.  Vandy's in FG range.
[CENSORED]!

Reaganite

I still can't believe we lost to these people!

OH... BLOCKED FIELD GOAL!!!!

UNBELIEVEABLE

PintailKiller

We lost to Vanderbilt!!!!  Even more embarassing now.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

GrizzledHogFan

I'm glad we didn't have to play Middle Tenn. State.  That could've been a rough game.   :puke:
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

Reaganite

Does that mean that Middle Tennessee State is better than us?  YIKES!!!!

Nutt huggers: You don't understand the POWER of the Kool-aid you're drinking!

Join the darksiders and together we can shape the Razorback universe into a WINNING image![/color]
:razorback:
Nutt:

Milking Every ounce of mediocrity out of our team![/color]

Hey!  I found our game plan:

Macgyver_Hawg

The Vandy loss at Arkansas should be enough to cost you your job.

Biggus Piggus

Yes, much more embarrassing.  They lost at home to Middle Tennessee State. 

Middle Tennessee was averaging 7 points per game.  They lost to North Texas and Akron.  They were 0-3.

Rivalry game, right?  Giggle.
[CENSORED]!

Queen Hog

I lub me some HOGS!!!

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.
Helen Keller

jblack19

Just goes to show you that anything can happen on any given day...  :razorback:

Biggus Piggus

It's over, Queen.  Vandy's field goal was blocked.
[CENSORED]!

jblack19

Turnberry

That's a very bad loss (even for them). Most of there fans thought they were assured a bowl this year.

Assuming they can beat Kentucky, to make a bowl they'll have to beat one of the following:

LSU  - no
Georgia - no
at South Carolina - Is SC this bad?
Florida  - no
Tennessee - no

aka PlanoHog

msudawgs64

Vandy, welcome back...5-0 would have made me quit watching football.  LOL
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

Queen Hog

Ahhhhh....what a shame.  I was pulling for Vandy.   :(
I lub me some HOGS!!!

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.
Helen Keller

msudawgs64

Turnberry, I think SC is that bad.  Hell we only allowed 28 to Auburn, of course we got blanked but that is not important.  LOL
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

GrizzledHogFan

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

hawkeyefan17

Vanderbilit's loss to Middle Tennessee State is alarming.

B Ray

Quote from: Canadian Bacon on October 01, 2005, 09:28:40 pm
I hope we're ready for ULM.
We've prepared just like we do every week. HDN has said our Offense is an easy fix,so I'm sure he has our team ready :puke:

jabohog

That's just Vandy being Vandy. It's their tradition. They have never been able to stand prosperity.

Flatline

I think that the Vandy lose is a very good thing.  I want Nutt to look more and more incompetent.  The more that happens to this program this year the better chance that Nutt gets fired.  Don't get me wrong I will be pulling for the hogs every week but unlike years past when I would get upset over loses I won't as much this year.  This may sound strange to some but with all the talk about changing assistant coaches instead of firing Nutt, worries me.  Assistant coaching changes are not going to fix this program and I would hope that some of you agree with me.  This is going to be a long and very difficult year for the fans and those kids out there playing their hearts out.  I feel bad for the seniors but look towards the future and hope for better things to come.  That would mean that Nutt would be gone and we would get this program back  on it's feet and heading in the right direction.

msudawgs64

Quote from: hawkeyefan17 on October 01, 2005, 11:35:37 pm
Vanderbilit's loss to Middle Tennessee State is alarming.

well if you mean like an alarm clock then yeah I agree.  It was only a matter of time before the clock struck midnight and Cinderella had to get home.  I am actually happy for Vandy and how they started the season but let's be realistic here it is Vandy losing to Middle Tennessee State, not uncommon really.  This was Vandy's third loss to them in as many games going back to 2000.  I would call that having their number.

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: Flatline on October 01, 2005, 11:47:28 pm
I think that the Vandy lose is a very good thing. I want Nutt to look more and more incompetent. The more that happens to this program this year the better chance that Nutt gets fired. Don't get me wrong I will be pulling for the hogs every week but unlike years past when I would get upset over loses I won't as much this year. This may sound strange to some but with all the talk about changing assistant coaches instead of firing Nutt, worries me. Assistant coaching changes are not going to fix this program and I would hope that some of you agree with me. This is going to be a long and very difficult year for the fans and those kids out there playing their hearts out. I feel bad for the seniors but look towards the future and hope for better things to come. That would mean that Nutt would be gone and we would get this program back on it's feet and heading in the right direction.

I'm in your corner - go hogs, win every game, but if you don't the silver lining is....

FIRE HDN!!!

Bacon out...

msudawgs64

Quote from: jabohog on October 01, 2005, 11:42:49 pm
That's just Vandy being Vandy. It's their tradition. They have never been able to stand prosperity.

actually they have but that was WAAAAY before we were born.  Way back in the 20's and 30's, Vandy was a very good program.  But that is history.

jabohog

Yeah so was Rice, but at least talk recent history.

jabohog

msudawgs64

Quote from: jabohog on October 02, 2005, 12:03:17 am
Yeah so was Rice, but at least talk recent history.

then don't use the word NEVER. 

msudawgs64

whatsshakinbacon

But I like Rice...fried Rice, dirty rice, white rice, brown rice. 

Oh yeah, I forgot they have a football team with that name too.

Bacon out...

jabohog

They haven't in recent history been able to stand prosperity. How's that?

msudawgs64

Quote from: jabohog on October 02, 2005, 12:06:46 am
They haven't in recent history been able to stand prosperity. How's that?

excellent..I agree.  ;) :D

jabohog

In the old SWC days when we played Rice, we used to holler from the stands " What comes out of a Chinaman's butt? Rice, Rice, Rice!!!!" I was doing that one year in Little Rock I think and some Asians turned around and told me to sit down. It was kinda funny.

Biggus Piggus

If you aren't really disgusted with losing to Vanderbilt now, you're a complete [CENSORED] moron.
[CENSORED]!

jabohog

It disgusts me to lose to anybody, but it pisses me off to lose in RRS. That shouldn't happen ever.

kremlinhog

losing in rrs has now become a razorback tradition under nutt, the promises made if we only got a great new stadium and moved all the games to fayetteville were just more empty promises. teams dont fear playing there, it took an outsider like herring (at the springdale razorback club meeting) to state the obvious-"we need to make teams afraid to come to fayetteville to play". i think that stamement tells it all

PerryHog

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on October 01, 2005, 11:50:47 pm
I think that the Vandy lose is a very good thing. I want Nutt to look more and more incompetent. The more that happens to this program this year the better chance that Nutt gets fired. Don't get me wrong I will be pulling for the hogs every week but unlike years past when I would get upset over loses I won't as much this year. This may sound strange to some but with all the talk about changing assistant coaches instead of firing Nutt, worries me. Assistant coaching changes are not going to fix this program and I would hope that some of you agree with me. This is going to be a long and very difficult year for the fans and those kids out there playing their hearts out. I feel bad for the seniors but look towards the future and hope for better things to come. That would mean that Nutt would be gone and we would get this program back on it's feet and heading in the right direction.

I'm in your corner - go hogs, win every game, but if you don't the silver lining is....

FIRE HDN!!!

Bacon out...

Well said. Is there room for me on you guys' wagon?

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: PerryHog on October 02, 2005, 09:10:23 am
Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on October 01, 2005, 11:50:47 pm

FIRE HDN!!!

Bacon out...

Well said. Is there room for me on you guys' wagon?

well, there are a lot of people on it, but it's a big wagon...

Bacon out...