Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas has the #2

Started by cmiller01, January 21, 2009, 10:52:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

cmiller01

Rated DB class in the country!!!!!

How bout that?
http://rivals100.rivals.com/TeamRank.asp?sort=0&year=2009&postype=14

Follow that link and then click "DB" under the Team Rankings by Position.

dougieritch

Ole Miss has the #17, with 7 DB commits! :D

heaveit

OKhogfan1959

Oline 6th!! Love it..

What if we get Leon? Could we be #1?

sarnol

StoernerJonesFan

It's nice to be on the top 25 in several positions!!!

Bubba's Bruisers

The DB ranking may be all for not if the DL ranking doesn't get shored up.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

webbgem

Matthew 6:34

The_Champ

DB is great and all but its no Top 10 Kicker class like Ole Miss which is #9. 2 strong commits I think they are getting ready for a lot of punting.

"oƃ sƃoɥ oƃ ¡ǝıooos ƃıd oooʍ

"If I could rest anywhere, it would be in Arkansas, where the men are of the real half-horse, half-alligator breed such as grows nowhere else on the face of the universal earth."

It's not about the Xs and Os; it's about the Jimmys and the Joes.

wholehog92

not likely.  Ohio St.  4 four stars and 1 five star and zero three stars.  We have 1 five star and that would be two four stars and four three stars.  We would only have 1 more total and they would still have two more 4 stars.

Quote from: LawnHog48 on January 21, 2009, 10:59:05 am
Oline 6th!! Love it..

My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

OKhogfan1959

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 21, 2009, 11:01:18 am

I don't agree..We are alright on the dline right now. It would make the dline a priority next year. We have Stadther, Alfred Davis, Askew and Robert Thomas has amazing strength. Still hope we get a couple of the big ones here at the end.

Fillmore Slim

hog_fan

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 21, 2009, 11:01:18 am

Be patient. The DL's are one's not ready to go public yet. We are looking good for Gaines.

Tomhog™

If we finish strong on the DL like I think we will, we should have top rated DB, OL, and DL.  This was truly the positions Petrino was seeking to shore up the most.  Looks like he has done an excellent job.

wholehog92

What the crap is up  with Stanford taking 4 tight ends? one of them a 4 star at that with 3 3 star that is wierd.  I would think 1 tightend a year is sufficient unless you lose one early for some reason.  I just don't see a scenario where you take 4 tight ends in one class.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

stchane

#12 in athletes with 5 three stars
For all your Razorback Football Needs: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=stchane

ChicoHog

We are nowhere to be found on the DT, DE or LB list.  Not good.  Let's hope we play a lot of passing teams!

Nate-Hawg

PorkSoda

Quote from: LawnHog48 on January 21, 2009, 10:59:05 am

I doubt it, Ohio State has 1 5 star and 4 4star commits.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

GuvHog

Quote from: ChicoHog on January 21, 2009, 11:10:27 am
We are nowhere to be found on the DT, DE or LB list.  Not good.  Let's hope we play a lot of passing teams!

Patience Grasshopper! National Signing Day has not arrived yet!
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

PorkSoda

January 21, 2009, 11:17:01 am #20 Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 11:20:07 am by PorkSoda
See the Dline list

#1 LSU
#3 Florida
#5 Bama
#8 Auburn
#9 Georgia

Until we get on this list, we will have a tough time competing talent wise.  Lets hope our coaches can get the guys we do have to compete at a high level.  I am really excited about Robert Thomas, and I think some of our Redshirt/young D-lineman (Alfred Davis, Stadther) will be really good this year.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

imisswarrenlinn

Quote from: Fillmore Slim on January 21, 2009, 11:03:31 am
#12 RB without Wingo

They have Wingo rated as an athlete, so RB will not change. That #12 athlete ranking will increase though.
Prettiest little girl ever I saw, stood on the banks of the Arkansas. Her eyes were wild and her stare was mean. She's the prettiest d@mn girl ever I seen.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: LawnHog48 on January 21, 2009, 11:03:29 am
I don't agree..We are alright on the dline right now. It would make the dline a priority next year. We have Stadther, Alfred Davis, Askew and Robert Thomas has amazing strength. Still hope we get a couple of the big ones here at the end.

My statement was intended to be more general.  Regardless, our DL was very bad this past season.  We are essentially returning the same guys so I would expect some improvement, but not a great deal (we couldn't get any worse).  We desperately need an influx of talent right now, not starting next year.

Quote from: hog_fan on January 21, 2009, 11:05:06 am
Be patient. The DL's are one's not ready to go public yet. We are looking good for Gaines.
I'm sure this is probably the case.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Rocktownhog

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 21, 2009, 11:17:01 am
See the Dline list

#1 LSU
#3 Florida
#5 Bama
#8 Auburn
#9 Georgia

Until we get on this list, we will have a tough time competing talent wise.  Lets hope our coaches can get the guys we do have to compete at a high level.  I am really excited about Robert Thomas, and I think some of our Redshirt/young D-lineman (Alfred Davis, Stadther) will be really good this year.

if we finish strong by signing DD jones, and gaines we will be right up there with these teams
GO HOGS!

OKhogfan1959

See the Dline list

#1 LSU
#3 Florida
#5 Bama
#8 Auburn
#9 Georgia

Soda..We will also start to see the work of Veltkamp with the dlineman. To me one area that you can overcome is on the dline and especially at DT..You can go from average to great at DT if you live in the weight room.

I agree with all of you we do need talent at the DLine position.. If we don't get it here at the end though I think we'll be fine until next year.

OKhogfan1959

Quote from: Rocktownhog on January 21, 2009, 11:41:58 am
if we finish strong by signing DD jones, and gaines we will be right up there with these teams

If we finish with both D Jones and Gaines? I would take one of them at this time. That would be a grand slam homerun! You absolutely couldn't have asked for more..Even Lindsey and Broyles would have to get on the Petrino bandwagon...

RazorRunner

One nice thing about the strength of the DB crop is that it will only make our receivers stronger going up against them every day in practice.

SquidBilly

This good DB class will help our D-line by giving them a second or two more to get to the QB.  When's the last time anyone has said coverage sack and Arkansas in the same sentence?  Also that highly rated OL class we have may contain a guy or two that are being eyed to go to the DL.  Look at Aubrey Phillips for example.  If he were to come here it would help our OL rating even though it has been said that Petrino wants him on the DL.

Rocktownhog

Quote from: LawnHog48 on January 21, 2009, 11:48:18 am
If we finish with both D Jones and Gaines? I would take one of them at this time. That would be a grand slam homerun! You absolutely couldn't have asked for more..Even Lindsey and Broyles would have to get on the Petrino bandwagon...

I agree...having both of them would be outta this world. Can you imagine also signing wingo, and leon? that would give us 9 4* for the class!
GO HOGS!

OKhogfan1959

Quote from: Rocktownhog on January 21, 2009, 12:36:53 pm
I agree...having both of them would be outta this world. Can you imagine also signing wingo, and leon? that would give us 9 4* for the class!

Off the charts! Next year though? Wow.

LJHOG

LAHOGG

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Quote from: LAHOGG on January 21, 2009, 12:56:52 pm
Is Wingo still the #1ATH?

He is 9th.  But the best who has yet to commit.

Kenny Dowell Loggains

I would like to see a list of our "current enrolled" ranking by position.

oklahogjr

Quote from: ATLpiggie on January 21, 2009, 12:03:43 pm
This good DB class will help our D-line by giving them a second or two more to get to the QB.  When's the last time anyone has said coverage sack and Arkansas in the same sentence?  Also that highly rated OL class we have may contain a guy or two that are being eyed to go to the DL.  Look at Aubrey Phillips for example.  If he were to come here it would help our OL rating even though it has been said that Petrino wants him on the DL.
i believe casey had a few of those...i mean statistically one of those sacks had to be from coverage!
lets go bowlin

hawgsav1

Leave me alone...I'm too busy orgasming from this awesome recruiting.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

31to6

Quote from: dougieritch on January 21, 2009, 10:57:25 am
Ole Miss has the #17, with 7 DB commits! :D

They do know that even though there is no NCAA mandated maximum number of chinstraps, they can only put 11 actual players on the field at the same time, right?

31to6

Quote from: opineonswine on January 21, 2009, 01:44:08 pm
You mean like how many coaches you can have on the sidelines?  Nah, rules are optional for Hootie and the Blowhards.
*snap* forgot that.... :P

31to6

Quote from: Hunterhog on January 21, 2009, 01:48:05 pm
Yeah but I'd still rather have our class.  The problem with Big Ten teams, most notably Ohio State, is that they go out and sign these midwestern and northern clunkers, big guys who can't move well.  Speed kills, which is why the SEC has won the last three BCS titles, and why Purdue got wise and signed 12 kids from Florida and 3 from Georgia.  Of those 5 DBs Ohio State signed, 2 are from Ohio, 1 from Pennsylvania, and 1 is from Maryland.  They can't get out of their own way.
I think Hirk Kerbstreit said it best during one of the bowl games. It's not that the Big-10 skill positions are that much slower. They have fewer percy harvin's and trindon hollidays, but guys like Ted Ginn Jr. are faster than just about everyone on the field just like the SEC speedsters.

The difference is the big men, starting with the linebackers there is a little difference and the DL and OL's in the SEC are just much much faster.

Big-10 recruits linemen based almost solely on size and strength. SEC has been emphasizing fast feet in the trenches for the past decade or so and it shows.

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: gguillo on January 21, 2009, 01:02:58 pm
He is 9th.  But the best who has yet to commit.

After the Army AA game (where he played TE and slot WR, both out of position!!!!) his rating dropped by a lot.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: wdremington on January 21, 2009, 01:54:24 pm
I think Hirk Kerbstreit said it best during one of the bowl games. It's not that the Big-10 skill positions are that much slower. They have fewer percy harvin's and trindon hollidays, but guys like Ted Ginn Jr. are faster than just about everyone on the field just like the SEC speedsters.

The difference is the big men, starting with the linebackers there is a little difference and the DL and OL's in the SEC are just much much faster.

Big-10 recruits linemen based almost solely on size and strength. SEC has been emphasizing fast feet in the trenches for the past decade or so and it shows.

It really showed against teams like Michigan State, where the OL just didn't know what to do about the speed and quickness of GA's front 7.  Also, look at Spikes.  Freak of an athlete.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

HawgnCorona

now thats what im talking about...thats just great!! ;D
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

LRCentralTiger

Total points will not get it.  Look at LSU with 2 verbals and rated #4.  We are #2 based on total points by the number we have committed not by the star quality of the players.  LSU has 2 - 5s and we have 1 - 5, 1 - 4 and 3 - 3s.  If I sign 10 - 3s I will be at the top of the list.  We have more to make sure a couple pan out.  LSU has 2 and they have to pan out. 

And yes none of this mounts to a hill of beans until they are signed and on the field.  I think everybody in the world has heard that one before.

Steef

We also have a top ten, 5* coach.

And a 5* QB that doesn't show on any scorecard.
And a 4* FB that doesn't show on any scorecard.

LRCentralTiger

Quote from: steefhog on January 21, 2009, 03:44:46 pm
We also have a top ten, 5* coach.

And a 5* QB that doesn't show on any scorecard.
And a 4* FB that doesn't show on any scorecard.
The 4* FB will not play until next year - 2010.

You did bring up a good point.  Here is a senario for you total point guys.  Mallett a 5* and Casey Dick a 3*.  Would you rather have 1 Ryan Mallett or 3 Casey Dicks?  By points you would say Casey.

SpineHog

See the Dline list

#1 LSU
#3 Florida
#5 Bama
#8 Auburn
#9 Georgia
our OL will match up very favorably against the talent of these teams.  if we land a solid DL class here in the home stretch (jones & gaines), our DL will also match up well against the OL of any of these teams.  we won't necessarily dominate many teams, but at least it'll be a more even match-up than past years, allowing our DBs and skill players to make the difference.

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: LRCentralTiger on January 21, 2009, 03:49:33 pm
The 4* FB will not play until next year - 2010.

You did bring up a good point.  Here is a senario for you total point guys.  Mallett a 5* and Casey Dick a 3*.  Would you rather have 1 Ryan Mallett or 3 Casey Dicks?  By points you would say Casey.
BG isn't a fullback.  he wouldn't be here if we were going to play him at fullback.
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

Table Rocker

Aren't they planning on using jahron brown as FB?

Kenny Hawgins

Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience