Pelfrey

Started by gohogsgo1234, January 06, 2009, 10:05:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gohogsgo1234

Give this man a RAISE!!!!!!!

rmsee

hogfanshan

donewithdale

How about giving John Pelphrey a raise too?

Table Rocker

Spell his name right man!

ICEman

Time to change that pay paradigm.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

ballhog™

Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

Hook 'em Hogs

Ya, do anything we can to lock him up.

DeuceHawg

Make him governor of arkansas!

MNHogFan

Give me a raise, I pulled them through

oldbear

Quote from: DeuceHawg on January 06, 2009, 10:19:09 pm
Make him governor of arkansas!

Even the legislature might get some things right.  We know they would do what he tells them and work extra.  Can you imagine the governor telling a senator to STFU?

Kevin

lock him down now!!!
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

clutch

Long term contract needs to be in the works as we speak. A contract that doesn't allow him to leave us. He is the best thing to happen to Razorback basketball in a while.

copyhog

Seein that smile at the end of the game was priceless...dont see too many from him

Hog inAustin

Before the clock strikes 12...WPS!

GabeMartini

Time to root for UK every game of the year except vs. Arkansas. If Billy G goes, we're in trouble!

razorback541

Double his salary give him a plane and a convoy of red hummers just keep him here

98hogs

And throw in a couple of Red Sport Coats

Hawgrox

Give him unlimited texting!!!!

ChicoHog

He has done great so far but we haven't even started conference play yet.  If we continue strong and make the NCAA's then I agree.  Let's see this thing play out a while.  i hope he does great because I really like the guy and his intensity. 

Hawgrox

Jimmy talking to Pel right now on ESPN....he still has the "No Answer" thing going....

hillhog

He difinitely has the team understanding what he wants. It also appears he has them wanting the same thing. WPS, I think the Hogs are back!!!!

ke2743

Great Coach.. Great Team.. I'm buying a red sports coat now.

Hawgrox

Jimmy crawfishing....for everyone outside southeast Arkansas that means going back on what you said earlier....

Hawgrox

Hubert Davis giving Welsh defensive props......Jay Williams talking up Pel now....

Hawgrox

Hogs #2 behind Duke in consecutive non-conference home wins...impressive.

pimpndistress

:razorback:  FIRE JEFF LONG :razorback:
SMITE ME IF YOU LOVE  JEFF LONG [move]

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: gohogsgo1234 on January 06, 2009, 10:05:23 pm
Give this man a RAISE!!!!!!!

A big one as of yesterday.....It can't come soon enough.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

HoosierDaddy

A young team that is overachieving based on preseason predictions/expectations... that has a lot to do with coaching and attitude.  Something that's obviously been missing since NR left.

The fan base is back, just beat two top-ten ranked teams in a week.  Raise?? Hell, right now I'm saying give the man a blank check!

Sure, there is still a lot of the season left to play, but dammit I'm pumped!!!
"Objective Thinking Lives Here"

jep_hog_fan

Quote from: copyhog on January 06, 2009, 10:25:31 pm
Seein that smile at the end of the game was priceless...dont see too many from him

I was thinking the same thing. We have a coach that loves it here. Glad Altman left.

Hawgndaaz

Pelphrey showed a ton of emotion for the program in that interview. I think he really is overwhelmed with the support and success he's getting so early.

I bet his loyalty to the program and state will be extremely strong by the end of this year.

Earl

Quote from: razorback541 on January 06, 2009, 10:26:06 pm
Double his salary give him a plane and a convoy of red hummers just keep him here

I'm so excited I would give him a hummer right now...oh wait...

donewithdale

Seriously, Wally actually had a good idea this week.  Pel needs a raise because he isn't paid that much in comparison to other coaches at high profile programs, the contract should be extended and most importantly a clause should be added about him going somewhere else in the conference(UK).  I'm not comfortable saying he can't go to UK.  Let him go at some point if that where he wants to be.  But make the buyout huge. 

chortle

I love the fight in this guy!

RedSatinHog

Quote from: oldbear on January 06, 2009, 10:21:44 pm
Can you imagine the governor telling a senator to STFU?

Only if his name is Bobby Glover or Butch Calhoun.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

MDH

Raise + anti-SEC clause
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

RedSatinHog

Ah, but some of us remember all too well all the whining and venom being spewed about this board when Broyles hired him.

How quickly some forget.

aristotle

Quote from: chortle on January 06, 2009, 11:19:18 pm
I love the fight in this guy!

OMFG....I love it. +1 for sure

donewithdale

Quote from: AKHogsHoopsFan on January 06, 2009, 11:22:32 pm
Ah, but some of us remember all too well all the whining and venom being spewed about this board when Broyles hired him.

How quickly some forget.

I'll proudly say I was one of the first (maybe first) to suggest Pel here as a candidate.  We were at a point to where we were looking at second tier candidates and he fits.  He is tough and emotional which our fans love, likes to play up tempo and played for Sutton in the SEC.

I'm still waiting for that McD AA to be added and then we will be back amongst the elite if so.

Razorvet

If you try to lock a coach up with a contract you end up with a coach that doesnt want to be where he is. I say just treat him so good he forgets all about Kentucky.

runninghog

It's an amazing time for Razorback fans right now.  I really do hope it's just as amazing for a hard-working successful Razorback coach RIGHT NOW. 

RedSatinHog

Quote from: donewithdale on January 06, 2009, 11:25:28 pm
I'll proudly say I was one of the first (maybe first) to suggest Pel here as a candidate.  We were at a point to where we were looking at second tier candidates and he fits.  He is tough and emotional which our fans love, likes to play up tempo and played for Sutton in the SEC.

I'm still waiting for that McD AA to be added and then we will be back amongst the elite if so.

I specifically remember what happened to me when I mentioned his name on this forum before Heath was even canned.  I made a comment about how well-coached his South Alabama team looked at Syracuse in the NIT and that he would be a good hire for us if/when the time came for it, and man oh man, did I catch wrath for it.  Everyone was wrapped around the Gillispie and Self axle, and the mere mention of anyone else at the time made you some form of Anti-Christ.

RazorNoles

CJP deserves a raise and extention.....no doubt about it.

donewithdale

Quote from: AKHogsHoopsFan on January 06, 2009, 11:28:58 pm
I specifically remember what happened to me when I mentioned his name on this forum before Heath was even canned.  I made a comment about how well-coached his South Alabama team looked at Syracuse in the NIT and that he would be a good hire for us if/when the time came for it, and man oh man, did I catch wrath for it.  Everyone was wrapped around the Gillispie and Self axle, and the mere mention of anyone else at the time made you some form of Anti-Christ.

I have never understood the Billy G craze and I certainly didn't get it then.  We needed a change but BG never seemed right for us. 

Obadiah

Do whatever it takes to keep him at Arkansas! 

RazorNoles

Quote from: Obadiah on January 06, 2009, 11:33:02 pm
Do whatever it takes to keep him at Arkansas! 

Email Jeff Long and promise to send a donation.....that will help!  =)

40MINSOFHELL

i seen my nick from hogville on ESPN during the game, yeah someone is showing me some love :D GIVE PEL A RAISE (40 MINS OF PEL)

3kgthog

I would almost swear that Pelphrey nearly got choked up in the postgame interview when Mike Nail asked him about the fans.

HawgnCorona

ok, how contract ext+ a raise+ and his own private jet? yeah that oughta do it...LOL!!!
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Pecos Hog

We should all write him "thank you for being our coach" notes.