Previous topic - Next topic

Hawg Barry

His newest Sporting News blog posting.
Scroll down to the Arkansas part.
Calls CBP the antichrist.
http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/The%20Fan%2099.3%20FM/179823
PetrinoBall is rolling!!

Hawg Barry

I guess we're "the lunatic fringe" he's writing about.......

PetrinoBall is rolling!!

RazorReb

Quote from: Hawg Barry on January 04, 2009, 11:10:35 am

He is confusing Nutt with CBP.  "who would climb a tree to tell a lie before standing on the ground to tell the truth"  That's Nutt all the way.

hoggystyle78

Another uninformed national media idiot.

Michael Porkleone

He's simply someone trying to gain listeners/readers by using shock value. 

Drivel like this should be ignored - How are you guys finding it anyway?
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Hawg Barry

Quote from: hoggystyle78 on January 04, 2009, 11:18:18 am

He's not national. He's from Arkansas.

PetrinoBall is rolling!!

KENDALLF

did petrino sleep with this guys wife or something he's crazy
My sports world is finally looking up. The Hogs are back, my Texans are improving, and if only the Rangers would get some dang pitching!

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: hoggystyle78 on January 04, 2009, 11:18:18 am

He is an uninformed media idiot.

National he is not.
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Hawg Barry on January 04, 2009, 11:21:21 am
He's not national. He's from Arkansas.

He says in the blog that he lives in Mississippi.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Hawg Barry

Quote from: Albert Einswine on January 04, 2009, 11:22:39 am

He says in the blog that he lives in Mississippi.

So I guess that's National??
It's Andy Hodges. He's on the Pine Bluff station

PetrinoBall is rolling!!

kgr

He talked to how many past coaches.

Let's see

TCTWF, yeah he is gonna tell the truth
Ford, he doesn't have an axe to grind with the u of a as far as I know
Crow, is he still in coaching
Hatfield, does he have a hard on against the U of A
Holtz, who knows what he will say.  Oh yea, rah rah n.d.
Broyles, senility at its worst

6 of the last 7 the only other one I know of was the one before Boyles.  Isn't he gone to God.  I didn't count the interim status before Ford.  So, he really talked to the last 6.  What a goober smooch.
What have we learned in 2,064 years?

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to
work,  instead of living on public assistance."
                                                               -
Cicero   - 55 BC

So,   evidently nothing.

kgr

Which P. B. station.  I suggest a letterwriting campaign as well as a phone inundation to tell them that this goober smooch should be removed from their programing.  He is obviously a hugger

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to
                                                               -
Cicero   - 55 BC

So,   evidently nothing.

mcfly5

Looks like he is trying to be as contraversial as his little brain will allow to increase readership. Obviously CBP will not feed him juicy gossip like his nutty buddies, so he is pouty.

RazorReb

Quote from: kgr on January 04, 2009, 11:31:30 am
Which P. B. station.  I suggest a letterwriting campaign as well as a phone inundation to tell them that this goober smooch should be removed from their programing.  He is obviously a hugger

I would like to know why the Sporting News is using some goofball from the football mecca "Pine Bluff Arkansas" to write for them?

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Hawg Barry on January 04, 2009, 11:25:06 am
So I guess that's National??
It's Andy Hodges. He's on the Pine Bluff station

I was just pointing out he's in Mississippi, not (Thank God!) Arkansas.

Here's what he says about his distribution and it's more than just Pine Bluff, Arkansas. 

"The one other item reported to me on the boards was my radio station interests in Arkansas not being "on the up and up." I have a management and partnership interest in some stations in Pine Bluff. I don't own them. I don't live there. I also have management and ownership interests at radio stations in Mississippi and Texas, including Jackson where we are affiliated with Alabama and I live with my family in addition to publishing a weekly publication, GameDay Weekly, which is distributed through Tennessee, Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, Florida and Georgia."

He's not national, but you might call him Super Regional.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

KENDALLF

January 04, 2009, 11:36:10 am #15 Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 11:53:29 am by KENDALLF
Is the Pine bluff station the only station he is on?
My sports world is finally looking up. The Hogs are back, my Texans are improving, and if only the Rangers would get some dang pitching!

HawgFan26

Quote from: Hawg Barry on January 04, 2009, 11:11:29 am
I guess we're "the lunatic fringe" he's writing about.......

I think he hit the nail on the head. 

rzrbackrob

Appearantly coach Petrino's style rubs sycophants the wrong way.
Good is the enemy of great

kgr

The antichrist.  Isn't that somewhat severe?

-
Cicero   - 55 BC

So,   evidently nothing.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: HawgFan26 on January 04, 2009, 11:43:58 am

Shouldn't you be nosing Houston's brown?

Broken Trigger

Quote from: HawgFan26 on January 04, 2009, 11:43:58 am

Thanks for the input, Nuttfan26.

hawgsav1

It's kind of disgusting that journalism has stooped to this level.  If he wanted to present facts in an objective manner, that's fine.  If he had a strong opinion and tried to back it up with facts, that's fine.  This guy just says "My friends say Razorback Nation is crazy"...yeah...the opinion of Jim Tobaccochewer makes us the Lunatic Fringe.  I'm going to go check myself into a mental hospital now.  Maybe Andy Hodges can cure me. 
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

Divot

I used the Report Abuse link to send an e-mail to Sporting News that this guy has gone too far.  This is pathetic.  It's one thing to bash BP like nearly every other sportswriter, but to call the man, the "Antichrist", is ridiculous.

bwbcpa

Never heard of him. Wow, he must really be somebody... ::)

Broken Trigger

As far as the article goes, it has absolutely nothing interesting in it.  All he does is ramble and jump around, and talk about his credentials.  He claims to have covered the Hogs all these years, but yet seems to not be a fan in any sense of the word.  Supposedly, he has talked to every former Razorback coach, and they all say BP lies.   First of all, even if that's the truth, how would he be different from about any coach.  Second of all, he stops it at that, without mentioning whether any of these coaches liked him or thought he was a great coach.   
I think i will take some of my own advice and refrain from any future articles from this idiot.

Divot

He apparently didn't learn a thing from Orville Henry.  Sad.

Buff

Quote from: Broken Trigger on January 04, 2009, 12:21:44 pm
Supposedly, he has talked to every former Razorback coach, and they all say BP lies.

I'd like to know if BP has even actually talked to every former Razorback coach, outside of maybe a "good luck, make us proud" phone call when he was hired.

Fatmanhog

he really rambled on about nothing that made sense in journalism. why did he jump around and made excuses fir himself but forgot to tell us the subject of anything. the only thing he brought up was the recruiting thing that if he worded that column different it might not have rubbed us the wrong way. and talk about tooting ones own horn.wow
to nutt or not to nutt, thats not even a question any more.

POST 1475 OF I JUST STEVEN HILL...
Quote from: alohawg on October 26, 2009, 03:44:04 PM
I think his comes naturally, hermaphrodite??? A new nickname maybe, 'the mighty hermaphrodity'

The Hermaphronutt

Brand X Hog Fan

Ho Hum.

Some of you list makers out there need to keep track of clowns like this so that in 3-4 years we can call them out when they are slobbering o themselves trying to get in the favor of the coach of the National Champions.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

Idahog

So this dude really posted on a blog a defense article over what people on this bulletin board said? 

Seriously? 

Its cool, Andy, we know you're trying to drum up business in this economic down turn.
Quote from: Pork Twain on February 11, 2015, 07:11:54 am
Let me explain how this works...  If I have four really good meals in a row, I am thankful for that and I do not withhold my thanks for fear that the next meal might suck.

Broken Trigger

Quote from: Buffinator on January 04, 2009, 12:29:04 pm
I'd like to know if BP has even actually talked to every former Razorback coach, outside of maybe a "good luck, make us proud" phone call when he was hired.

Good point.  I can't imagine that every one of those coaches have gotten to know him that well during the last year.  Well enough to boldly call him a habitual liar.  That doesn't even make sense.  I would think that guys like Hatfield and Broyles might even have had input before his hire. 
The ironic thing here is that we saw 10 years of Nutty doing so much lying that he made Pinocchio look like Wally Cleaver, and yet it's BP that's being called out as a liar.  This guy couldn't have made his Hugger membership more obvious.

bpoecell

I just read this twice, and I have no idea what he was trying to say. It's just incoherent, rambling drivel that doesn't even attempt to make a point. I guess when your writing sucks, the best way to get readers is to make poorly thought out inflammatory statements.

Jeffcphog

Does anybody know WHICH Pine Bluff station he is affilated with?  I just may have to cancel some ad business.

HognVA

January 04, 2009, 01:19:12 pm #33 Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 01:22:28 pm by chrisb
Who cares what this guy writes? I dont know why people get so worked up when anyone says the slightest thing negative about Arkansas or BP. Can we honestly sit here and say that BP hasn't earned SOME of the reputation he has? I hope we can laugh at all the nay sayers in a year or two but I am not going to get worked up everytime I read something like this.

bpoecell

Quote from: chrisb on January 04, 2009, 01:19:12 pm
Who cares what this guy writes? I dont know why people get so worked up when anyone says the slightest thing negative about Arkansas or BP. Can we honestly sit here and say that BP hasn't earned SOME of the reputation he has? I hope we can laugh at all the nay sayers in a year or two but I am not going to get worked up everytime I read something like this.

+1

bigt05

I just love how he said he had no interest in the coaching search, but lists his favorite team as the Razorbacks TWICE...

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hawg Barry on January 04, 2009, 11:10:35 am

I find it extremely interesting that after bashing BP as he did, he felt it was necessary to commit the remainder of his column(over half or thereabouts?) to a personal biography. Why was that necessary? He made one comment about Bobby and then had to tell everyone how qualified he was to make that call?

The "Anti-Christ of College Football?" Ratings and listening audience must be down. He doesn't have a clue and like most journalists, tends to play it fast and loose with the facts of the matter.

Moron.
Go Hogs Go!

mellonhead

Somebody needs to dough pop that head.

ekyle1

Who the Hell is this guy?..... And who on here pissed in his Wheaties!

hawgsav1

Quote from: ekyle1 on January 04, 2009, 02:10:19 pm
Who the Hell is this guy?..... And who on here pissed in his Wheaties!

To answer your first question: I don't know

To answer your second question: I apologize for my actions.  I had to go really bad but I couldn't find  bathroom. 
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

jamie72921

Well our fans have been compared to terrorists before.
Bless your heart

RazorReb

Quote from: jamie72921 on January 04, 2009, 04:26:00 pm
Well our fans have been compared to terrorists before.
It's time for the Rebel Jihad

MNHogFan

Has anyone been to Pine Bluff lately? It is the armpit of the USA. Nothing there except prisons, vacant building, and stinking papermills. Sounds like this guy is right at home.