Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tim Brando rips Arkansas (video)

Started by Hoop, November 25, 2008, 12:12:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoop

Blaming Alex Wood for any problems with the offense is like blaming a spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being fat.-Swino

Hiring Dana Altman would be about as sexy as waking up in the morning to find your grandma with one tit in the coffee and the other in the oatmeal. -Wilsonhog

Lake City Hog

Is he not a Louisana boy? It seems like that is part of the reason that he is building Nutt up so much, makes his Tigers look a little less like losers!

Burt B.

That is ridiculous. I wish we could archive his "sorry Arkansas" rant and send it to him year after year that we take Hootie down. I can't wait for Petrino to make him eat crow.

gohogsgo006

I like how he compared the LSU wins from us last year to Ole Miss' this year, saying he was more impressive this year without DMAC and Company

1) LSU won a NC last year, nuff said
2) LSU is playing for 3rd in the SEC West
3) Ole Miss is stacked with talent this year.

It is going to be oh so fun to watch our program go up over the next few years as Nutts stays mediocre
Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

songofthesword

wonder what he is going to say when ole miss blows it against miss state?

razorsharptusk

The ONLY reason he can say what he said is because Ole Miss beat Arkansas this year.  Had we beat Ole Miss, that comment would not exsist.  My opinion.
GO HOGS!!

Nutts and Bolts

:puke:

Talk about clueless and not knowing the facts...
A new era has begun in Fayetteville

Michaelt

eh, he's entitled to his opinion; just shows that character issues don't come into play with media types, but that was no surprise anyway.
Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

TrumannRazorback24

I don't understand how it's only going to get better at Ole Miss when he is currently outside the top 50 in recruiting.

I have no idea how these media guys can't see it.  Nutt cannot recruit (never could at Arkansas), Nutt cannot develop a quarterback (never did at Arkansas), and he wastes outstanding talent (D-Mac, Felix, and Hillis in the same backfield for two years).

They will finally see the real Nutt once Orgeron's guys disappear.

crescentcityhog

does anyone here really believe that had Nutt stayed at AR, their record would be 7-4 going in to the LSU game?

Seriously? and this is not a slight to M. Smith, but our running back corps. this season, running his "wild whatever" gimmick pkg. would not be half as productive as the past two seasons. Folks, the 2007 recruiting class he signed was brutal!!

He lied to Malzahn, who in turn sold Cleveland, Williams, and Mustain on him really being allowed to install their high school offense at AR. How hard is this for everyone to see? Of course the parents met with Broyles in December, to discuss their displeasure over being lied to in the recruiting process by Nutt.

Lastly, we know this, Ryan Mallet, Joe Adams ,and Tyler Wilson would not be on the team now, had Nutt stayed. The in-state recruiting damage had already been done. Kids were leaving AR in droves, it was time for some new blood.

Nut went 13-12 in the SEC with Hillis, Mcfadden, and Jones in the backfield from 05-07, what else do you need to know? 42-40 in conference play?

Coach Of the Year my as..

SigHog87

"I'm tired of hearing about leaving the cuboard(sp?) bare." - Well... He did.
"I'm tired of hearing about the Springdale 5." - Well... He ran them off.
"You ran of the SEC COtY." We would still be in the same position we are now with 4 less wins.

Take that and stick it Tim Brando.

Pioneer Fan

I don't see how anyone can believe the "Ole Miss will only get better" crap. Have they seen this clown coach.......or recruit?

I guess I am a homer, but I think this season could have easily been a bowl season for Arkansas. It just means we will have to wait a while longer to laugh at the Rebels and their pee wee coach, but we all know it will happen.
I have an inferiority complex, but not a good one.

10thPlanet

For all the folks, Nutt lovers and others who want us to let go of Nutt like he didn't matter, please refer back to this link from time to time. I won't let go of my hating MUTT until I see his demise. If you don't won't to see my hatred and others about Nutt get to steppin onto another thread.

sooie dog

Tim Brando is a drunken fool.  He has as much credit as the dog turd that squished between my toes the other day.

BEvERage

Quote from: sooie dog on November 25, 2008, 12:58:21 pm
Tim Brando is a drunken fool.  He has as much credit as the dog turd that squished between my toes the other day.

seems like the dog turd got the better end of that deal.

colbs

Quote from: gohogsgo006 on November 25, 2008, 12:20:58 pm
I like how he compared the LSU wins from us last year to Ole Miss' this year, saying he was more impressive this year without DMAC and Company

1) LSU won a NC last year, nuff said
2) LSU is playing for 3rd in the SEC West
3) Ole Miss is stacked with talent this year.

It is going to be oh so fun to watch our program go up over the next few years as Nutts stays mediocre
Yea also how he said its the same as last year but the names on the jerseys or different.  Im pretty sure they dont have no felix or dmac

kgr

What have we learned in 2,064 years?

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to
work,  instead of living on public assistance."
                                                               -
Cicero   - 55 BC

So,   evidently nothing.

AckaBacka

Quote from: SigHog87 on November 25, 2008, 12:53:43 pm
"I'm tired of hearing about leaving the cuboard(sp?) bare." - Well... He did.
"I'm tired of hearing about the Springdale 5." - Well... He ran them off.
"You ran of the SEC COtY." We would still be in the same position we are now with 4 less wins.

Take that and stick it Tim Brando.
If I could just dismiss any and all opposing points just because I am "sick of hearing it" then I would never lose an argument. 
Brando ignores all the reasons that we canned nutt and then proceeds to imply that we are ignorant for getting rid of the COY. 

Nutt wouldn't be mentioned in the same breath with COY if he had to play with his own recruits and not someone else's. 

JethroB.

That guy is a tool.  I don't understand what the deal is with all these media types having such a man crush on hootie.  You see this all the time a new coach comes in to a situation where they have a loaded roster from the year before and instantly wins more games i.e. Neuter Dame when weiss came in, Florida when Meyer came in, and LSWho when miles came in.  But for the media...be sure and crown nuttball on what a "great game coach" he is  :puke:

smun83

Houston Nutt coach of the year.  hmmm... oh well.  I guess since Tim Brando has said it that guy down in Tuscaloosa can forget about it.  An undefeated season at Alabama, but I guess Nutt gets the award Brando.

colbs

Well im tired of hearing how good a coach nutt is.  And tired of hearing how we cant do any better than him.  Tired of hearing that we are going to be paying for getting rid of him and how ole miss is going to own us.  Tired of hearing espn and every other sports station talk him up like he is the best thing to slice bread and talk us down.  This makes me mad now, but when the tides turn in a couple years its going to make it that much sweeter

OTTER

That crow will be tasting like crap next year when Brando begins to eat it.
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

Kenny Dowell Loggains

these guys don't know the real facts... if he is so "contagious" and is like a "seed"... then why is his recruiting class not even in the top 50???!!!  Answer that you CBS dipsh*ts!

RunnerHog

Coach of the year?  I guess Brando is in charge of these awards?  What a moron.  We have paid Timmy, we paid to get rid of the Cancer which is what Ole Miss will be trying to do this time next year.  Ole Miss will never beat Arkansas again with Nutt as their coach, got that timmy NEVER.

fu-man-soo

"mack brown-like" wow

excuse me guys, ill be back later. i have to go home and change clothes because i just pissed my pants

MacHog19

I could care less what Brando thinks except for the fact that he is on national television and has free reign to make derogatory comments about Arkansas without any accountability and without anyone from Arkansas having an opportunity to respond to his stupidity.  Let's break Timmy's tirade down, shall we:

1.  He begins by apologizing to his "friends in Arkansas."  Please identify anyone in this state who would consider Brando his or her friend?  Sorry, Tim.  Just like with Hitler, dogs don't count.

2.  What does Nutt's leaving the cupboard bare at Arkansas have to do with any success Hootie might have this season at Ole Miss?  Whether the Oxford Oaf left Arkansas with a team full of 1st team All-Americans or talent at the level of a high school jayvee team (which this team more closely resembles) is irrelevant to what he accomplishes this season at Ole Miss with athletes recruited by the former coach.   

3.  Brando infers that Ole Miss' win at LSU last Saturday is an equal accomplishment to what Arkansas did last season.  Last season, Arkansas defeated an LSU team that was incredibly talented but got caught looking ahead to the SEC Championship game and possible NCS run-which it eventually did.  This season, Hootie inherits an Ole Miss team loaded with talented but unmotivated players and catches LSU in the throes of suffering a heart-breaking loss to Alabama, with no real BCS hopes and with the only QB in the SEC with more Pick-Sixes than a certain Razorback QB.  How are those two situations remotely the same?

4.  The Springdale 5:  Nutt was the head coach when Mustain, Williams, and Company signed on with Arkansas, he was responsible for coaching them throughout the 2006 season, he was responsible for Gus Malzahn leaving and he was the head coach when Mustain and Williams made the decision to request to transfer to U.S.C.  The fact that Brando may be "tired" of hearing about Nutt's mishandling of the situation does not negate the fact that Hootie is ultimately responsible for the problems created by his poor decisions and Brando refuses to address what is clear evidence of Nutt's poor management skills.

5.  Current SEC Coach of the Year?  Apparently Timmy has completely forgotten the fact that Saban has led Alabama to a 10-0 record, the SEC Championship game, an almost guaranteed BCS berth, the current #1 ranking and being on the edge of playing in its first NCS game since 1993.  I'm sure the Crimson Tide faithful completely agree with Brando on that point!

6.  Ole Miss is "going to make Arkansas pay" for Nutt's leaving?  Hootie inherits the most talent that has been at Ole Miss since Eli Manning's senior season and only manages to survive against the worst Arkansas team in 20 years largely due to the worst interference call this season in the SEC?  Please.

7.  Nutt has "seeds sown for success" at Ole Miss.  Really?  Clearly Brando hasn't bothered to check the current recruiting rankings.  But then again, since Timmy appears to have bought into Houston's bullshemp that recruiting rankings don't mean anything anyway, why would we expect anything different from this buffoon?

8.  Hootie is "Mack Brown Light".  AYSM?  Let's see:  Mack Brown has consistently had Top Ten recruiting classes at UT, has won multiple Big XII Titles and has "completed construction" of a National Champion.  In 10 years at Arkansas, Nutt NEVER had a Top Ten recruiting class, he NEVER coached an Arkansas team to an SEC title, he NEVER coached an Arkansas team to a Top Ten finish, and he NEVER, NEVER, EVER came close to "constructing" a National Championship team.  Sure, Brando, those are REAL close to the same thing.  To paraphrase Senator Lloyd Benson, we know Mack Brown and Houston Nutt is no Mack Brown.

Brando is classless and gutless for taking such a cheap shot at the Razorbacks.  I would love for this jackarse to show his face at the Little Rock Touchdown Club and try to defend his moronic pablum in an hour Q & A with Razorback fans.  I somehow doubt that he'd have the integrity to show up.  Gee, Brando, it sure takes a lot of character to kick a team that's down.  You frankin loser.   

JethroB.

Quote from: MacHog19 on November 25, 2008, 02:45:39 pm
I could care less what Brando thinks except for the fact that he is on national television and has free reign to make derogatory comments about Arkansas without any accountability and without anyone from Arkansas having an opportunity to respond to his stupidity.  Let's break Timmy's tirade down, shall we:

1.  He begins by apologizing to his "friends in Arkansas."  Please identify anyone in this state who would consider Brando his or her friend?  Sorry, Tim.  Just like with Hitler, dogs don't count.

2.  What does Nutt's leaving the cupboard bare at Arkansas have to do with any success Hootie might have this season at Ole Miss?  Whether the Oxford Oaf left Arkansas with a team full of 1st team All-Americans or talent at the level of a high school jayvee team (which this team more closely resembles) is irrelevant to what he accomplishes this season at Ole Miss with athletes recruited by the former coach.  

3.  Brando infers that Ole Miss' win at LSU last Saturday is an equal accomplishment to what Arkansas did last season.  Last season, Arkansas defeated an LSU team that was incredibly talented but got caught looking ahead to the SEC Championship game and possible NCS run-which it eventually did.  This season, Hootie inherits an Ole Miss team loaded with talented but unmotivated players and catches LSU in the throes of suffering a heart-breaking loss to Alabama, with no real BCS hopes and with the only QB in the SEC with more Pick-Sixes than a certain Razorback QB.  How are those two situations remotely the same?

4.  The Springdale 5:  Nutt was the head coach when Mustain, Williams, and Company signed on with Arkansas, he was responsible for coaching them throughout the 2006 season, he was responsible for Gus Malzahn leaving and he was the head coach when Mustain and Williams made the decision to request to transfer to U.S.C.  The fact that Brando may be "tired" of hearing about Nutt's mishandling of the situation does not negate the fact that Hootie is ultimately responsible for the problems created by his poor decisions and Brando refuses to address what is clear evidence of Nutt's poor management skills.

5.  Current SEC Coach of the Year?  Apparently Timmy has completely forgotten the fact that Saban has led Alabama to a 10-0 record, the SEC Championship game, an almost guaranteed BCS berth, the current #1 ranking and being on the edge of playing in its first NCS game since 1993.  I'm sure the Crimson Tide faithful completely agree with Brando on that point!

6.  Ole Miss is "going to make Arkansas pay" for Nutt's leaving?  Hootie inherits the most talent that has been at Ole Miss since Eli Manning's senior season and only manages to survive against the worst Arkansas team in 20 years largely due to the worst interference call this season in the SEC?  Please.

7.  Nutt has "seeds sown for success" at Ole Miss.  Really?  Clearly Brando hasn't bothered to check the current recruiting rankings.  But then again, since Timmy appears to have bought into Houston's bullshemp that recruiting rankings don't mean anything anyway, why would we expect anything different from this buffoon?

8.  Hootie is "Mack Brown Light".  AYSM?  Let's see:  Mack Brown has consistently had Top Ten recruiting classes at UT, has won multiple Big XII Titles and has "completed construction" of a National Champion.  In 10 years at Arkansas, Nutt NEVER had a Top Ten recruiting class, he NEVER coached an Arkansas team to an SEC title, he NEVER coached an Arkansas team to a Top Ten finish, and he NEVER, NEVER, EVER came close to "constructing" a National Championship team.  Sure, Brando, those are REAL close to the same thing.  To paraphrase Senator Lloyd Benson, we know Mack Brown and Houston Nutt is no Mack Brown.

Brando is classless and gutless for taking such a cheap shot at the Razorbacks.  I would love for this jackarse to show his face at the Little Rock Touchdown Club and try to defend his moronic pablum in an hour Q & A with Razorback fans.  I somehow doubt that he'd have the integrity to show up.  Gee, Brando, it sure takes a lot of character to kick a team that's down.  You frankin loser.  

I agree.....well said +1

welchog

Guys.  He admitted it over and over.  He IS sorry.  A sorry coona$$ POS that is.

mspig

Nutt's best teams at Arkansas were with Fords recruits, his best team at olemiss will be with Mr. Ed's recruits. They will be off his bandwagon in about 2 yrs.

PigSnort

Just watched the clip:  what a load of crap!   Hey, Brando, just because you're tired of hearing about those things doesn't make them not true!

As a friend of mine often says, facts are stubborn things!

SEC coach of the year????   Right.  Doing a better job than Saban or Meyer?  No way!

Brando also took a big shot a us on CBS when Ole Miss beat Florida and we got beat by Alabama, but this one was WAY over the line.

rdtate

You're right.  Brando is full of it!  Anyways, I don't care what anyone says, I will take Petrino over Nutt anyday.......

TLFHAWG

PigSnort

Here's the question I never hear answered by the hugger crowd, of which Brando is apparently now the president: 

Why has HDN never been offered one the "big" jobs if he is such a great coach?   He was interested in LSU; no, thanks, we'll take Les Miles.  He was interested in Alabama; no, thanks, we'll just throw money at Saban until he has to say yes (even tho we could have had the great Houston Nutt at less than half the price).

And no telling how many other places Sexton has shopped him at, and they said "no, thanks, we'll take someone else".

Nutt is an average coach who occasionally pulls off a big win.  That's great at Mississippi, and according to those like Brando, it should have been great at Arkansas, too.

JJHog

Quote from: Hoop on November 25, 2008, 12:12:33 pm
what a dipshiit

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/gamecenter/recap/NCAAF_20081122_MS@LSU

Arkansas fans are cussing at Brando in emails to him.
If you email him, please be classy, he has national show every Saturday and can rip us again.

" Think Right, Do Right"

HognVA

Folks we cant expect everyone on the outside to know the whole story. They are looking at the surface and from there it looks like Nutt is a pretty darn good coach and we should have kept him. We all knew that this year might turn out this way so I would not get too worked up about it.

I am confident with our boost in recruiting and the Ole Miss drop in recruiting that the table will turn soon enough. Then they will pump shunshine up BP's butt too.

PigSnort

November 25, 2008, 03:34:38 pm #35 Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 03:39:03 pm by PigSnort
Quote from: JJHog on November 25, 2008, 03:33:09 pm
Arkansas fans are cussing at Brando in emails to him.
If you email him, please be classy, he has national show every Saturday and can rip us again.

I wouldn't curse him, but I can understand how some would.

What's he gonna do, rip us worse than he has?

donewithdale

Quote from: chrisb on November 25, 2008, 03:33:55 pm
Folks we cant expect everyone on the outside to know the whole story. They are looking at the surface and from there it looks like Nutt is a pretty darn good coach and we should have kept him. We all knew that this year might turn out this way so I would not get too worked up about it.

I am confident with our boost in recruiting and the Ole Miss drop in recruiting that the table will turn soon enough. Then they will pump shunshine up BP's butt too.

Brando knows much more than he is admitting.  So does Forde and many of these other guys.  They know the situations left behind at each program.  They also have agendas and allegiances to and against certain people that has biased them. 

HognVA

What I can't figure out is if Nutt is such a great motivator and sales man as they said in the piece, why he can't recruit any better than he does???? While he was here some people said that Arkansas is too hard to recruit to but then BP comes in and makes immediate improvement with recruiting...makes no sense.

GrantMerrill

Shameless plug, but topical...

If you want to rip him... call into his radio show. It's on The Hog 105.3/1290 in Fayetteville every morning from 9-11 AM... He got more calls from Fayetteville this morning than I have ever heard on his show. He told me yesterday he has been pretty barraged with hate mail from Hog fans...

Kenny Dowell Loggains

so he can dish the heat but he doesn't like it when people rip on his distorted perspective?

hogwildinhouston

November 25, 2008, 05:16:35 pm #40 Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 05:18:14 pm by hogwildinhouston
Well, I don't know about you Tim, but there's only one coach in the SEC I wouldn't want to give 'motive to....

Bobby Petrino.

BP strikes me much more as a guy who will do whatever it takes to make people pay, and you can rest assured that with every talking head that gets on and preaches like that, it just makes BP want to take Arkansas to the top even more.  And unlike Houston Nutt, he actually knows how to build a championship team rather than taking championship team talent and screwing it into a 4-4 conference season.

So, rughead Brando, you guys just keep singing ol' Houston's praises.  It should tell you something that even given how the season went for both Ole Miss and Arkansas that vast majority....VAST.....don't regret for one second running off Houston Nutt. 

alohawg

LSU game '06, Hootie showed what a great play caller he is with the game and Nat.'l title hopes on the line, Cotton bowl 08', what a performance by a nutt motivated team and it only gets worse, don't get me(us) started.....Brando is a punk who would dare spout that crap in the midst of Razorback fans :puke:
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

donewithdale

Quote from: rzrbck on November 25, 2008, 06:49:10 pm
I don't know what "friends in Arkansas" he is talking about, well he certainly doesn't have them now. I am sure he will do a Hog basketball game in Fayetteville for Raycom this season maybe someone will have a talk with ol' Timmy B, the Nutt hugger he is. Brando's sidekick Spencer Tillman called Nutt "an offensive innovator" I couldn't stop laughing. I can't wait until Orgeron's recruits leave.

Wonder how much pro Nutt crap has been fed to Tillman by his OU buddy Keef Sr and Jr.

TheArkansasTraveller

Brando is second only to Forde in Hog bashing over the years.

I hope that coonass brando get's to watch his paper tigers get embarrased on the field this friday! 

Then he'll really have an agenda against Arkansas.

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

rzrbaxfan

I understand all of you that say you are tired of hearing how great Nutt is from the national media.  I for one love it.  All it is going to do is show what a chump he is when he's going 4-4 or worse in the SEC, losing a bowl game, and saying 'just wait til next year' year in and year out. Meanwhile, across the river, Petrino builds a monster that will eclipse anything Nutt could ever accomplish, here, Ole Miss, or whatever job he's flirting with.

Let em pump that balloon with as much hot air as they can muster up.  It is going to bust sooner or later.  If its later, it will just make that much bigger bang.

forrest city joe

Let me make myself clear once and for all. Tim Brando can go to hell.how many sec championships or Bcs bowl games did the loser take us to in 10 years?NONE! his record speaks for itself.that LSU bum need not worry about the Razorbacks.PERIOD!

James Tiberius Pork

My response is ready......it has been archived an I've placed a reminder on my Outlook Calendar to send it the Sunday after the Ole Miss game next season.

I look forward to reminding the corn dog eating coon ass of his stupidity after Petrino does to Oxford what Sherman did to Georgia.

Cajun Hog

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 25, 2008, 08:12:29 pm
Let me make myself clear once and for all. Tim Brando can go to hell.how many sec championships or Bcs bowl games did the loser take us to in 10 years?NONE! his record speaks for itself.that LSU bum need not worry about the Razorbacks.PERIOD!

Very well stated....FCJ +1

SLC

Quote from: GrantMerrill on November 25, 2008, 04:30:44 pm
Shameless plug, but topical...

If you want to rip him... call into his radio show. It's on The Hog 105.3/1290 in Fayetteville every morning from 9-11 AM... He got more calls from Fayetteville this morning than I have ever heard on his show. He told me yesterday he has been pretty barraged with hate mail from Hog fans...

What's his e-mail address?
I need your truthful reply - lie, I will know it... and death will be no respite.