Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I do not like the new hog at midcourt.

Started by JONAS, October 24, 2008, 09:22:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JONAS

UltimateHog

Agreed.

It's not bad by any means though, I can definitely stand it.

Just not the same.
Quote from: cityhog on January 14, 2012, 04:48:21 pm
I'll honestly be shocked if CMA ever goes above .500 in conference play as coach here.

RZRBack_FAN

MDH

"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

TuckFexas

Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

COCHISE

JONAS

Quote from: 870 RZR on October 24, 2008, 09:37:20 pm
Is it the classic hog??

No.  It looks just like the Hog at mid field.  It looks good, but I like dthe old one better.  I liked the Hog with spit coming out of its mouth.

COCHISE

Quote from: JONAS on October 24, 2008, 09:39:38 pm
No.  It looks just like the Hog at mid field.  It looks good, but I like dthe old one better.  I liked the Hog with spit coming out of its mouth.
I must admit I've had a few drinks before going into the football games, but the Hog at midfield is the "classic" hog isn't it??  This one-  :razorback:

UltimateHog

Quote from: 870 RZR on October 24, 2008, 09:42:31 pm
I must admit I've had a few drinks before going into the football games, but the Hog at midfield is the "classic" hog isn't it??  This one-  :razorback:

Si.
I'll honestly be shocked if CMA ever goes above .500 in conference play as coach here.

yraciv

JONAS

Filthy_McSwine

Slobber Hog would be the correct terminology.

Fatmanhog

to nutt or not to nutt, thats not even a question any more.

POST 1475 OF I JUST STEVEN HILL...
Quote from: alohawg on October 26, 2009, 03:44:04 PM
I think his comes naturally, hermaphrodite??? A new nickname maybe, 'the mighty hermaphrodity'

The Hermaphronutt

bhshawgfan

I liked the Hog but whats messed up is the press behind the goal. We need fans down there to distract freethrows. The tables just take away from the atmosphere

Foshodo

October 24, 2008, 11:48:53 pm #14 Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 11:50:39 pm by Foshodo
Liked slobber hog better but also appreciate the branding they're doing...

3kgthog

I get the branding angle, but the slobbering Hog was only used as a midcourt logo. You rarely, if ever, saw that specific logo on any type of merchandise. Long probably could've left it alone.

Hawg Barry

Quote from: 3kgthog on October 25, 2008, 12:37:56 am
I get the branding angle, but the slobbering Hog was only used as a midcourt logo. You rarely, if ever, saw that specific logo on any type of merchandise. Long probably could've left it alone.

Why? If it's only used on one thing, then why use it at all? The classic Hog is the UofA brand. That is what should be used. Period. Having several different designs because each athletic team was doing their own thing didn't make any sense.

PetrinoBall is rolling!!

UltimateHog

Quote from: Hawg Barry on October 25, 2008, 06:41:55 am

Why? If it's only used on one thing, then why use it at all? The classic Hog is the UofA brand. That is what should be used. Period. Having several different designs because each athletic team was doing their own thing didn't make any sense.

You think most or even part of the Div1A teams in basketball have the same logo as the rest of the schools teams? No.

Few schools have one single logo at the center of everything, VERY few.

Tennessee has their state across the center of the court, and Duke has just a D in a blue circle at center court, neither being that schools main logo, and I doubt Tennessee uses the state as anything else outside of center court at Thompson Boling.

Slobberin' Hog looked better, and I can only now imagine what that great new white court, good lighting, and new paint job would have done for him.

RestInPeace :(

Hawg Barry

October 25, 2008, 07:11:19 am #18 Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 07:13:45 am by Hawg Barry
Quote from: UltimateHog on October 25, 2008, 06:49:09 am
You think most or even part of the Div1A teams in basketball have the same logo as the rest of the schools teams? No.

Few schools have one single logo at the center of everything, VERY few.

Tennessee has their state across the center of the court, and Duke has just a D in a blue circle at center court, neither being that schools main logo, and I doubt Tennessee uses the state as anything else outside of center court at Thompson Boling.

Slobberin' Hog looked better, and I can only now imagine what that great new white court, good lighting, and new paint job would have done for him.

RestInPeace :(

You are comparing apples to oranges. What you have described are not mascot designs, but letters. The UofA should use only one Razorback design. Kansas uses one Jayhawk, OU uses one schooner, OSU uses one Pistol Pete, etc.
PetrinoBall is rolling!!

djgaffer

Quote from: bhshawgfan on October 24, 2008, 10:35:03 pm
I liked the Hog but whats messed up is the press behind the goal. We need fans down there to distract freethrows. The tables just take away from the atmosphere

Understand your point... but if it makes you feel better, we'll be heading that way in the 2nd half.  The other baseline will still be able to mess with the visitors down the stretch.

opineonswine

Corkscrew Johnson

The halfcourt at BWA is the one casualty from the otherwise good decision to consolidate logos.  It's a shame but you'll get used it. 

The_Iceman

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on October 25, 2008, 02:22:21 pm
The halfcourt at BWA is the one casualty from the otherwise good decision to consolidate logos.  It's a shame but you'll get used it. 

it was unfortunate but i believe something that needed to be done.

UltimateHog

Quote from: Hawg Barry on October 25, 2008, 07:11:19 am

You are comparing apples to oranges. What you have described are not mascot designs, but letters. The UofA should use only one Razorback design. Kansas uses one Jayhawk, OU uses one schooner, OSU uses one Pistol Pete, etc.

Letters? Tennessee's center court is the state of Tennessee which has no other affiliation with their athletic program.

It could have stayed, but oh well.

ArkansasFan

Didn't mind the Hog at midcourt.  Of all the changes so far to the arena, the one I don't like are the courtside seats.  Looks strange and out of place.  Too separated from everything else.