Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rotnie Clarke

Started by RZRBack_FAN, October 24, 2008, 08:58:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RZRBack_FAN

7 min into the game he has 4 three pointers!!!!!

Going to be a big time player for us.

MDH

"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

under_par

TuckFexas

Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

Hogbody

That one on the baseline was unreal
As was the stepback

RZRBack_FAN

He ha 15 of the White teams 33 points

TuckFexas

Who is on what team and who is winning?
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

Marshfieldhog

mhuff

The nice thing is that he can get open and create his own shot. He is not just a spot up shooter.

dakpowers

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on October 24, 2008, 09:41:07 pm
FIRE HDN!!!
Dude. You're breaking the cardinal rule of Jump Ball.

3kgthog

The amount of spin he gets on the ball is unreal. Those who were there tonight know what I'm talking about.

He's not extremely slow afoot either. He was able to drive around Montrell McDonald and get a layup. His FT shooting needs some work though. I think he was 1-3 or 1-4.

bao187

Quote from: 3kgthog on October 25, 2008, 12:42:13 am
The amount of spin he gets on the ball is unreal. Those who were there tonight know what I'm talking about.

He's not extremely slow afoot either. He was able to drive around Montrell McDonald and get a layup. His FT shooting needs some work though. I think he was 1-3 or 1-4.

i have heard he is like And 1's The Proffesor and Steve kerr Mixed
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

The_Iceman

he has the quickest release i have ever seen. its ridiculous!

newhog

Hogbody

Agree on every point. 

He is surprisingly quick off the step and is very shifty.  Knows how to move his body to get by the defender.

Foshodo

what I liked seeing was him hitting all his three's early... then Montrell Definitely started slowing him down some before Rotnei adjusted and started taking the ball to the rim... I loved it.   Came away quite impressed with Montrell also though... I know the teams were even weaker due to missing players but i sure didnt expect him to be one of the better players...

c-townfan

3kg, he'll do just fine with free throws. He was like 80% in high school. Just the nerves of first college level action. He'll be able 80% from the free throw stripe, watch.

newhog

89% for a 4 year career in high school,he said that will never happen again.   

Hogbody

Quote from: newhog on October 25, 2008, 09:39:06 am
89% for a 4 year career in high school,he said that will never happen again.  

Thanks newhow, did he say anything else about the game?
Were you able to attend?

He sure did get the crowd excited.

The Broadcaster

Quote from: Hogbody on October 25, 2008, 11:40:01 am
Thanks newhow, did he say anything else about the game?
Were you able to attend?

He sure did get the crowd excited.

He also said he was surprised/dissapointed he went 1-of-3 from the free throw line... and get bringing up the fact he feels so blessed to be at Arkansas and playing with all the other guys on the team.

Being a former college basketball player, I can see Rotnei has great mechanics in his shot, it's pretty much flawless. He begins his shot a little lower than normal, but he gets it off and that is what's important.  One thing to watch is that I dont think Clarke will get trigger happy, he's a VERY SMART player (something Arkansas hasn't had in awhile). The kid knows basketball and if he sees a guy running at him he may not always take the shot but rather penetrate and look for an easy 2 point.

That's all I got guys.
I ain't saying, I'm just sayin'

jschulte

Quote from: raginwildfire on October 24, 2008, 11:55:03 pm
I gotta say that if Clarke is left open..he is lethal

The difficulty will be GETTING him open.  I can't see him not having the best defender on him.

chiefsfan

Quote from: jschulte on October 25, 2008, 12:18:01 pm
The difficulty will be GETTING him open.  I can't see him not having the best defender on him.

I dont know if we can say that for sure though.   Remember we didnt have Fortson or Henry yesterday. 
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Marc Maggard

lol...I've been telling you guys this for about a year now.  I've even been asked "why are you overhyping an Arkansas player".....hahha

well, now maybe some of you see what I've been saying all along.  This kid is a great player and even better person.  IT won't be all roses every game, but he's the best shooter I've seen in a long time.  He isn't just a shooter.....he's got a great handle and great vision.  No, he's not super athletic, but he knows how to use what he's got.

Ark has a good one.....glad you are starting to see it now.

mm

mhuff

mm, did you get an email from me about Michael Porter. I was emailing it hoping it was your mailbox

Marc Maggard

Quote from: mhuff on October 25, 2008, 06:03:13 pm
mm, did you get an email from me about Michael Porter. I was emailing it hoping it was your mailbox

Yes I did....will respond later

mhuff

Hey in H.S they had two or three players trying to stop him and couldn't. At this level you,ve got one person guarding you. Even when McDonald was guarding him ,he just changed stategy. If you're open shoot. If not ,give a head fake and take it to the hole to shoot or pass off to an open man. He got a lot of assists in H.S. Some teams are going to have big time problem guarding many of our players.