Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Last?

Started by ALLVOL, October 22, 2008, 10:27:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ALLVOL

I was surprised to see that the media has the Hogs picked last in the west. I admit to not following your team in the off season. So can I get a heads up on why they have ya'll so low? The Clark kid coming in should have added to your team. Any information would be appreciated.

jbt

we lost our entire team and then some.   Thomas, Townes, Hill, Weems, Ervin, and Beverly.   We're starting from scratch.   IWe have a great class coming in  (#15 according to Rivals) but none have played a minute of Div. 1 ball. 

Returnees include Mike Washington, Stefan Welsh, Marcus Britt - none of which played real significant roles.  Except for Welsh. 

40MINSOFHELL

we will win the SEC ;)

jacksonhawg

I just don't see us finishing last in the West. The West is wide open with several teams losing a lot of their upperclassmen including Miss. St. I would definitely think that we have a chance to finish ahead of Auburn & LSU anyway.

mhuff

Once this team has a chance to develop a chemistry; they will be hard to guard.

pitbull1

I think they will be fun to watch and very competitive.  Once they get alittle time playing together, they'll have a lot of fun.

ALLVOL

Quote from: jbt on October 22, 2008, 11:05:13 pm
we lost our entire team and then some.   Thomas, Townes, Hill, Weems, Ervin, and Beverly.   We're starting from scratch.   IWe have a great class coming in  (#15 according to Rivals) but none have played a minute of Div. 1 ball. 

Returnees include Mike Washington, Stefan Welsh, Marcus Britt - none of which played real significant roles.  Except for Welsh. 
Like I said, I havent kept up due to football and didnt realize P Bev was gone. I know, I should have scrolled down and I would have seen. But I don't see you finishing last either.

chiefsfan

anyone can finish last in the west this year...anyone can finish first

Really a down year for the SEC in general.   Florida is more experienced, but still young.   Tennessee is loftenless (Thank god) Kentucky is a crap shoot.    Vandy is still Vandy.    Then you look out west, and see alot of teams who lost their top players
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

pimphog

I suspect we will be very similar to the Florida team from last year....win some big games and lose some you shouldn't....we will be good in the future

ALLVOL

Quote from: chiefsfan on October 23, 2008, 01:31:20 pm
anyone can finish last in the west this year...anyone can finish first

Really a down year for the SEC in general.   Florida is more experienced, but still young.   Tennessee is loftenless (Thank god) Kentucky is a crap shoot.    Vandy is still Vandy.    Then you look out west, and see alot of teams who lost their top players
I agree, there are a lot of questions in th SEC. T Smith back is huge for UT and Chism will be there as well. But the team will have a diferent look to it without Lofton for sure.

Hogbody

Quote from: ALLVOL on October 23, 2008, 02:18:53 pm
I agree, there are a lot of questions in th SEC. T Smith back is huge for UT and Chism will be there as well. But the team will have a diferent look to it without Lofton for sure.

I expect Tenn to still be a huge contender for the east.  Smith is a beast for sure.