Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Midnight Madness attendance

Started by jmalott86, October 15, 2008, 09:54:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jmalott86

On ESPN when they show the midnight madness activities from other schools the house is jam packed. I went to ours last year and it was over half empty. I am not a native arkansan. Has Midnight madness ever been a big deal here and if so how does it get back to that.

It has to hurt us in recruiting just a little bit compared to UK, Duke, and others.

IronHog

Quote from: jmalott86 on October 15, 2008, 09:54:56 pm
Has Midnight madness ever been a big deal here and if so how does it get back to that.

Midnight madness was once a HUGE deal on the hill............

Arkansas has moved on to trying to be a football school again.  NCAA basketball is on the decline IMO.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

diamondcats

is friday nights game open to the public?

awj81

PotBelliedPig29

Quote from: awj81 on October 15, 2008, 11:42:46 pm
canned veggies = entrance fee

does liquid fermented wheat count? It is on friday.
"I'm very excited to be the head coach at Ole Miss University'' -HDN

"We are too" -Arkansas

kingoftherapids

The_Iceman

whats the date for that game again?

kingoftherapids

Next Friday night. I think it is the 24th.

George S. Pigton

If JP can get these guys ranked with expectation people will come out for Midnight
madness again.  You have to remember, the students and most people under the
age of 25 can't remember a time when ARK Basketball was fun and we were winning.

I think JP can get it done, and look forward to the day when we have two seasons
to be excited about.  That being said, this is still a football state and conference.
\\\"No Bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.  He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country\\\"

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: IronHog on October 15, 2008, 09:59:21 pm
Midnight madness was once a HUGE deal on the hill............

Arkansas has moved on to trying to be a football school again.  NCAA basketball is on the decline IMO.

Since when?? Arkansas football hasn't done crap since the 60's..Arkansas is a basketball school

chiefsfan

October 16, 2008, 03:00:13 pm #10 Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 03:01:48 pm by chiefsfan
Quote from: diamondcats on October 15, 2008, 10:39:08 pm
is friday nights game open to the public?

No Friday Nights practice is not open to the public.   Bud Walton Arena is still undergoing refurbishments.   It will be ready in time for the Red White game October 24th
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

razorhead94

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on October 16, 2008, 02:45:02 pm
Since when?? Arkansas football hasn't done crap since the 60's..Arkansas is a basketball school

I agree arkansas is more of a basketball school then football at this point
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

Jeffcphog

According to the results, Arkansas is a Track school....

UltimateHog

I hope to be there, but it mostly depends on my former HS team tomorrow.

BWA should be packed really, the new floor, new seats, and a top recruiting class that's got alot of buzz around it.

No reason we can't pack it. Just not acceptable when it's free.

Fans have to do their part as well, can't be fair weather fans, UK was PACKED over capacity and they were awful last year and aren't going to be worth a crap this year.
Quote from: cityhog on January 14, 2012, 04:48:21 pm
I'll honestly be shocked if CMA ever goes above .500 in conference play as coach here.

3kgthog

We haven't been a great team in years and the UA hasn't exactly blown the doors off in terms of making this thing exciting for the fans. A tremendous drop in attendance should've been expected.

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

newhog

Pel said he would have midnight practice once he got the program established again.

IronHog

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on October 16, 2008, 02:45:02 pm

Since when?

Arkansas has done more in football than basketball since '95.

Sad but true, and they are now putting the resources into the football program.

NCAA basketball=does anyone really care at this point?

Razorod

Quote from: IronHog on October 17, 2008, 06:58:19 pm
Since when?

i do.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

gohogsgo006

Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

40MINSOFHELL

Since when?

if you dont, you dont have to visit Jump Ball anymore :) the way football is, basketball will be more exciting

Hoggy1

Since when?

I'm sorry...but if you don't care for college basketball, you should have your manhood checked.  College hoops is the most exciting time of the year.
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

UltimateHog

NOTHING can touch March Madness....period.

And when your team isn't in it, it's just not the same filling out that bracket.

College basketball is amazing, and to me, far and above the NBA.

We'll be back in the Final Four before we're ever in a BCS bowl, like it or not, and we're a hoops school, in which football is becoming above "average" in a year or 2.
I'll honestly be shocked if CMA ever goes above .500 in conference play as coach here.

UltimateHog

October 18, 2008, 05:51:49 am #23 Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 06:09:11 pm by UltimateHog

This is probably the dumbest post this month, so congrats on that.

And WTH has football done other than have how many losing seasons? WASTE how many great players for mediocrity? Been beat/blown out in how many mediocre bowl games? Football has done shyt, and certainly nothing better than hoops. Winning an NCAA Tourny game>losing by 40 in the Cotton Bowl>Losing to Minnysoda in the Music City Bowl. If anything they're even. Will Petrino turn us around? I sure hope and think so. Will Pelphrey? I sure hope and think so. But this much I know, Arkansas basketball is one of the top programs in the country even after all of these rough seasons after Nolan, before last year's NCAAT win, and football isn't anywhere close after all these rough seasons with the Nutters.

More resources to RRS huh? That's weird, I don't see any RRS renovations happening anytime soon. Meanwhile BWA got all new lighting, a brand new court with a new logo, a brand new wrap around state of the art LED Ribbon, new premium seating, new student seating, and brand new LED scoreboards. Do some GD research before you make completely idiotic posts.

Don't you come to Jump Ball and bash our beloved Hoops program again, especially with your football bullcrap that can't touch what our hoops program is/has accomplished. You need to be ashamed of yourself.

And if you don't care....don't come read Jump Ball, don't watch us, don't listen to us, don't attend games, and don't hop back on the hoops wagon when we're having more success sooner than the football program.

newhog

newhog

Ironhog that comment shows what an idiot you must be.

Blutoblutarsky

There is no better thrill than a packed BWA erupting.  Even back in the days when we played montivello, the house was packed.

IronHog

Quote from: UltimateHog on October 18, 2008, 05:51:49 am
This is probably the dumbest post this month, so congrats on that.

And WTH has football done other than have how many losing seasons? WASTE how many great players for mediocrity? Been beat/blown out in how many mediocre bowl games? Football has done shyt, and certainly nothing better than hoops. Winning an NCAA Tourny game>losing by 40 in the Cotton Bowl>Losing to Minnysoda in the Music City Bowl. If anything they're even. Will Petrino turn us around? I sure hope and think so. Will Pelphrey? I sure hope and think so. But this much I know, Arkansas basketball is one of the top programs in the country even after all of these rough seasons after Nolan, before last year's NCAAT win, and football isn't anywhere close after all these rough seasons with the Nutters.

More resources to RRS huh? That's weird, I don't see any RRS renovations happening anytime soon. Meanwhile BWA got all new lighting, a brand new court with a new logo, a brand new wrap around state of the art LED Ribbon, new premium seating, new student seating, and brand new LED scoreboards. Do some GD research before you make completely idiotic posts.

Don't you come to Jump Ball and bash our beloved Hoops program again, especially with your football bullcrap that can't touch what our hoops program is/has accomplished. You need to be ashamed of yourself.

And if you don't care....don't come read Jump Ball, don't watch us, don't listen to us, don't attend games, and don't hop back on the hoops wagon when we're having more success sooner than the football program.

1 NCAA win in the past  12 years and you post that rant?

We ain't in Barnhill no more and Arkansas basketball now talks about the early 90's like the football program does the 60's.

You may not like it but it is true.

IronHog

Quote from: newhog on October 18, 2008, 10:16:22 am
Ironhog that comment shows what an idiot you must be.

Where was my post inaccurate?

Just because you guys still put Arkansas in the elite 8 on your bracket does not mean anyone else is paying attention here or nationally.

UltimateHog

Quote from: IronHog on October 18, 2008, 10:22:28 pm

Just because you guys still put Arkansas in the elite 8 on your bracket does not mean anyone else is paying attention here or nationally.

Lemme tell ya, that football team sure is getting attention nationally....as a fricking joke.

Shut up.

Like I said earlier, that 1 NCAA tourny win is far better than anything the football team has done since 95.

IronHog

Quote from: UltimateHog on October 18, 2008, 10:32:48 pm

Shut up.

Like I said earlier, that 1 NCAA tourny win is far better than anything the football team has done since 95.

1.  Your not a mod so stop giving orders

2.  1 NCAA win in 12 years being better than the football team is open to debate, but THAT is why you do not allow a football coach who peaked before the modern era of football have complete power as AD at a school that historically had top 25 football and basketball (and that was once hard to do)

TennesseeRaz

I think the concept of Midnight Maddness has grown stale everywhere, but maybe it's just because I'm getting old.  Heck, it's 12:46 AM, I'm going to bed!

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: IronHog on October 18, 2008, 10:22:28 pm

then dont post here, basketball is about to start and we are going to be way better than the football team, just saying

UltimateHog

Quote from: IronHog on October 18, 2008, 10:40:49 pm
1.  Your not a mod so stop giving orders

2.  1 NCAA win in 12 years being better than the football team is open to debate, but THAT is why you do not allow a football coach who peaked before the modern era of football have complete power as AD at a school that historically had top 25 football and basketball (and that was once hard to do)

And you're wrong about the resources to football as well, step into BWA and see all the new stuff, then leave.

mhuff

I can remember driving 265 miles to go to Midnight Madness and the place was packed. I sat up as high as you could sit and still had a great seat and loved every minute of it. Those days are coming back again. It will be a fun year and only get better.

awj81

Well, back on topic, i hope the place is full on friday.

sirhog

I love going to Bud Walton. Even during the Heath years I loved every trip. It will be nice to go and watch us go on a 15-0 run again to blow the game wide open. Chills down your spine, tingling feeling throughout...man I cant wait. I like football but basketball has always and will always be my favorite. Go Hogs!

ListonHogsFan

October 21, 2008, 10:42:47 am #37 Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 10:46:06 am by ListonHogsFan
I love both football and basketball and to favor one above the other seems stupid to me. If your a Hog fan then you should enjoy track, baseball, football and basketball. Only thing about basketball is I find it harder to get tickets to games. Maybe I should donate a few hundred thousand soon.

Oh and this year I think in terms of success I would rate it.....baseball, basketball and then football. Next year will be a great year for the Hogs though.

And basketball and baseball could switch if the freshmen stay consistent in BB. I think they will do alot better than people think I am just concerned about the team being so young.

Table Rocker

march madness is the best postseason in sports....that includes the NFL

UltimateHog

Quote from: rzrbkman on October 21, 2008, 04:59:20 pm
Why have you had trouble finding tickets to basketball games?  It has been extremely rare for a sellout to occur over the last 5-6 years at BWA.

We sold out a few games last year.

Smithian

Only game I went to last year that I didn't see tons of scalpers was the Florida game. That game was awesome. I know the old timers will scream, but if that game doesn't personify what Arkansas basketball is all about, I don't know what does.

NaturalHog

As a student it is upsetting to know that we don't go all out for midnight madness anymore. I for one love going to football games but there is nothing like a packed BWA calling the Hogs and intimidating our opponent.

The way I understand it the red-white game is going to be a men's and women's basketball event as well. I am all for equal rights but come one let's get back to the days when people couldn't stand playing us in the Bud.

I said that to say BRING BACK MIDNIGHT MADNESS and by midnight I mean 12:00 am not door open at 5:30 and then an autograph session and then a women's scrimmage and then a Menes. Let's get down to business and get this year started off right. Open the doors at 10 and then sign a autos and play some ball!!
"Not only do I knock them out... but I pick the round..." Muhammed Ali

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: NaturalHog on October 21, 2008, 08:00:28 pm
As a student it is upsetting to know that we don't go all out for midnight madness anymore.

why does every student on here feel the need to point out that they are a student at the UofA? Even in the age thread, it was like 19....and a student at the UofA.
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

razorhead94

Quote from: clifflee4mvp on October 22, 2008, 09:15:09 am
why does every student on here feel the need to point out that they are a student at the UofA? Even in the age thread, it was like 19....and a student at the UofA.

Some people are probably proud that they attend the University of Arkansas.  I would be.
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

NaturalHog

Quote from: clifflee4mvp on October 22, 2008, 09:15:09 am
I simply stated that I was a student because we were discussing why midnight madness was no longer a big deal here and I was trying to give a different perspective than those of alumni and other razorback fans.
"Not only do I knock them out... but I pick the round..." Muhammed Ali

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: razorhead94 on October 22, 2008, 12:15:06 pm
Some people are probably proud that they attend the University of Arkansas.  I would be.

I am proud to be a student, but I don't think it's necessary to point it out in threads that don't call for it. (i.e. the age thread) NaturalHog, why would you be any more disappointed as "a student" then as just a hog fan? That's what I thought. So in a few years you'll be less disappointed that midnight madness isn't what it used to be? Plus if you are a student, that most likely puts you between the ages of 18-22 meaning you prob. don't remember schit about what BWA used to be like.

arkansasmaniac

Quote from: clifflee4mvp on October 22, 2008, 12:48:31 pm
I am proud to be a student, but I don't think it's necessary to point it out in threads that don't call for it. (i.e. the age thread) NaturalHog, why would you be any more disappointed as "a student" then as just a hog fan? That's what I thought. So in a few years you'll be less disappointed that midnight madness isn't what it used to be? Plus if you are a student, that most likely puts you between the ages of 18-22 meaning you prob. don't remember schit about what BWA used to be like.

Wow, do you just not get it?
Let people be proud that they are a student of the U of A.
As a student, I am proud and I'm proud to flaunt it on these boards to let people know that there are students that actually care about how our teams do instead of showing up to the games dressed like a toolbag and not cheering.
I'm NOT saying that you are a fraternity toolbag, I'm just saying I'm better than these folks.

HAHA